AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-02-17, 23:20   Link #1
aahhsin

Steel Angel Kurumi

Just wondering how long this anime is.

and is Season 2 lincensed?
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-17, 23:51   Link #2
monir
cho~ kakkoii

First season of SAK consists of 24 episodes and the 2nd season has 12 episodes. There is also a 3 episodes OVA series which is known as Steel Angel Kurumi Zero.

And Steel Angel Kurumi is licensed by ADV. Hope that helps.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 07:15   Link #3
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

-> Moved to DVD & Licensed
Old 2004-02-18, 09:16   Link #4
oDin01

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
First season of SAK consists of 24 episodes and the 2nd season has 12 episodes. There is also a 3 episodes OVA series which is known as Steel Angel Kurumi Zero.

And Steel Angel Kurumi is licensed by ADV. Hope that helps.
Just wanted to add that each episode is 12-15 minutes long.
oDin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 10:52   Link #5
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
Also, there are 4 additional episodes that follow the first season (episodes 25 to 28), which are available in North America on a DVD called "Steel Angel Kurumi Encore". They are kind of like a "epilogue" to the first season, and explain what happens after the final episode.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2004-02-18 at 10:53. Reason: It's epilogue not prologue...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 13:39   Link #6
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

And to add a little more info:

First Season (1-24), Encode (25-28) and Second Season (1-12) are out on DVD.

I'm not sure about Zero.

There is also Steel Angel Kurumi Pure, which probably should
be avoided, as it's a Live Action version of Steel Angel Kurumi,
which I can't really imagine being that great.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-19, 20:13   Link #7
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
Also, there are 4 additional episodes that follow the first season (episodes 25 to 28), which are available in North America on a DVD called "Steel Angel Kurumi Encore". They are kind of like a "epilogue" to the first season, and explain what happens after the final episode.
great.... another cliffhanger ending....

now should i avoid it? I am investing money into it so I rather really know if it's worthwhile. instead of something i'll neverwatch and watch it gather dust...

Last edited by aahhsin; 2004-02-19 at 21:38.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-21, 00:43   Link #8
Akeval

Send a message via AIM to Akeval
Steel Angel Kurumi

Has anyone watched this anime? i have looked around and havent found much on it... i really liked it, and am currently sulking because its over T_T

i dont want to sound odd but i feel depressed as i became attached to the characters...i just dont want it to end

Last edited by Akeval; 2006-06-21 at 02:17. Reason: Threads merged. Please SEARCH before posting a new thread. It will keep you from annoying the moderators or making yourself look stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Akeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-21, 02:16   Link #9
Akeval

Personally i loved the 1st season, the second one is great too, but do not go near zero, its depressing and does not follow the story at all, there is no masters, no activators, no background story on how they were activated in this time (its well in the future) and worst of all its all in an apartment. In a nutshell its all about their sad lives, one day kurumi meets a man she likes, everyones happy, then he goes away a week later to a hospital and only kurumi can save him. During a voice mail conversation he beings to fade away and kurumi summons a angel or something and saves him... BORING AND DULL its nothing like the others and will ruin it for you.. it did for me....
Old 2006-06-21, 12:11   Link #10
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

There is a SAK Zero? Hmm..

I loved first season. 2nd season was too Yuri for my tastes.
The Encore was good though.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 00:33   Link #11
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin
There is a SAK Zero? Hmm..
You'll regret it. The earlier review was quite accurate about its pointlessness failure to be anything like Steel Angel Kurumi other than some slight similarity in character designs and names.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 14:28   Link #12
Akeval

it really dissapointed me... even those people who are about romance things could see how boring it is
Old 2006-06-22, 19:20   Link #13
Nightbat®
Deadpan Snarker

the first season has a nice ending, the encore is just icing on the cake
(totals to a very entertaining series)

from what i heard, i'm glad i never got S2
Old 2006-06-23, 00:33   Link #14
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

S2 wasn't as good as S1, but I'm glad that I saw it. It was yet more mindless Kurumi fun and very similar in tone. I didn't think it was as good, but I think most people who liked the first season, enjoyed the second season even though they were a little bit dissapointed that it wasn't as good.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 15:10   Link #15
Akeval

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightbat®
the first season has a nice ending, the encore is just icing on the cake
(totals to a very entertaining series)

from what i heard, i'm glad i never got S2

Nightbat you should really watch season 2, i loved it, but it lacked a well developed storyline comparded to 1, but its still great! just stay away from zero o.o;;
Old 2008-04-18, 08:32   Link #16
LuckyLyndy

Steel Angel Kurumi-Nakahito-The Wimp Factor

I had watched a few episodes of this at a friend's house a few years ago, and viewed the rest of the first year series last night. The good part of the show for me was the English voice dub actor on Kurumi was very humorous with her rapid fire personal monologue. But I was going nuts by the end with the absolute wimp factor of Nakahito! I was hoping that he would be 'offed by anything, a torn hangnail, anything! I always thought Shinji Ikari was bad, but Nakahito tears the crown of Wimpdown for his own.
Spoiler for Steel Angel Kurumi-Last episode:
LuckyLyndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 12:35   Link #17
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

You mean you didn't watch Kurumi for the bouncing boobies? You tried to watch it for a PLOT?

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 00:45   Link #18
tyciol
*Artist

So guys, since we can't watch this due to licensing, I think we can still enjoy Rizelmine: http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/69.html

The same company did both anime. Kurumi is actually referenced in Rizelmine, the characters (Rizel and dude) watch it on TV near the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro View Post
Steel Angel Kurumi Pure probably should
be avoided as it's a Live Action version of Steel Angel Kurumi, which I can't really imagine being that great.
Still, it's better than nothing. Animesuki does list torrents for live adaptations of anime, I think it's especially important if we can't actually watch the anime, since perhaps watching the live version which wouldn't get marketted here could generate interest in buying the DVDs.

By the way, when it was mentioned they are for sale: are all the series sold collectively in a pack, or separately?
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 23:10   Link #19
yurifanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
S2 wasn't as good as S1, but I'm glad that I saw it. It was yet more mindless Kurumi fun and very similar in tone. I didn't think it was as good, but I think most people who liked the first season, enjoyed the second season even though they were a little bit dissapointed that it wasn't as good.
You may be surprised or not (consider my user-name) that I loved the second season. I own the complete set and never bothered to watch the first season. I am tired of the loser boy all of a sudden has a bunch of women surround him scenario. Tenchi Muyo is still okay to me thought. The only yuri harem (harem as a main plot element) in existence.
yurifanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 15:29   Link #20
ujiuji

Just posting to point out that all series of Kurumi except the live action are available on Crunchyroll. Have only seen the first one myself, went in with zero expectations except for a bit of mindless fluff + fanservice but found it was better than that. On the other hand I could do without hearing the words "goshuujin sama" for a while.
ujiuji is offline   Reply With Quote