Old 2006-11-26, 17:23   Link #41
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cai Calamigarde View Post
i agree...
naming themselves Knights... just COOL!!
judge the world... COOL!!
OH YEAH!!
on your side Lulu...
im not sure about the "judge the world" bit...seems awfully like the plot in death note that makes the supposidly good charater evil >.< ill be the one to shoot lulu if he turns that way

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 20:28   Link #42
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The wikipedia Code Geass page says that episode 8.5 and episode 09 shall both be aired on the 30th, can anyone confirm that?
Old 2006-11-26, 23:38   Link #43
Cai Calamigarde
Memento mori...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
im not sure about the "judge the world" bit...seems awfully like the plot in death note that makes the supposidly good charater evil >.< ill be the one to shoot lulu if he turns that way
agreed again..
a BIIIG dejavu... but i don't mind...
if that BIG king will be killed
And non-Muslim terrorists exist then
Cai Calamigarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-27, 00:49   Link #44
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Hopefully the director will also learn from the failure of Death Note and make sure Lelouch wins. Machiavellian all the way!
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-27, 00:52   Link #45
CronuZ

Send a message via MSN to CronuZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The wikipedia Code Geass page says that episode 8.5 and episode 09 shall both be aired on the 30th, can anyone confirm that?
http://geass.at.webry.info/200611/article_13.html

It didnt said anything about the airing date and time except episode 8.5 is included together in DVD as SP but someone told episode 9 will air as usual
CronuZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-27, 01:20   Link #46
Cal-Reflector

Dunno if anyone has come up with this tsukomi yet, but...

Zero: "Euphemia, won't you join me in my quest?"
Lacus-candidate: "Never, you killed my brother!"
Zero: "No, Euphemia... I am your brother." *Removes mask*
Lacus-candidate: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~~~"

Yeah, George Lucas is gonna sue me.

Great episode.

Question for all: What do you guys think Leulouch conversed with Euphemia about? How much of his identity does he reveal to her? How will he use her, knowing her personality? What will Euphemia's response be if/when she learns that her brother Clovis did murder alot of Japanese people? How will that affect her allegiance?
Old 2006-11-27, 02:43   Link #47
FSNxPhantom
ZOMG!!! HEAVEN'S FEEL FTW

Send a message via AIM to FSNxPhantom
Hmmm, I agree with that tsukomi that you put Cal_Reflector

My question is: Do they actually know eachother in the first place? like childhood. If so, then I think that he probably gave ALOT of hints to her to try to figure out who he is, kind of like that time with Clovis when he gave out hints to who he was. :P

This is my opinion, so don't go off on me if yours is different.
FSNxPhantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-27, 05:55   Link #48
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
*Confused* The Geass site has no mention of 8.5 in the episode listings, but there's no air dates mentioned either. So it may still be 8.5 this week or possibly 8.5 + 9. To further confused things Newtype has ep 9 scheduled to air on the 30th, but schedules may have changed since it was printed.

Last edited by Sonhex; 2006-11-27 at 06:47.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-27, 10:31   Link #49
FSNxPhantom

Well, if its both episodes, then all is fine with me. Either way, we are still getting at least an episode of the show to watch.
Old 2006-11-27, 12:46   Link #50
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-General View Post
Hopefully the director will also learn from the failure of Death Note and make sure Lelouch wins. Machiavellian all the way!
Except Lelouch isn't really like Light/Raito/

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-27, 13:53   Link #51
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
*Confused* The Geass site has no mention of 8.5 in the episode listings, but there's no air dates mentioned either. So it may still be 8.5 this week or possibly 8.5 + 9. To further confused things Newtype has ep 9 scheduled to air on the 30th, but schedules may have changed since it was printed.
Anime News Network has ep9 (Refrain) on 2006-12-07 (thus one week later after 8.5) and ep10 (the Crimson Lotus Dances) on 2006-12-14. Someone should check on http://cal.syoboi.jp/tid/962/time (which is, according to Omniscient, a pretty up-to-date site) as I can't make sense out of it due to my not being able to read Japanese characters (not to mention that I've seen strange numbers, so I'm a bit lost). Yeah, I'm lazy. And I don't like using Babelfish and co.
Old 2006-11-27, 14:43   Link #52
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Anime News Network has ep9 (Refrain) on 2006-12-07 (thus one week later after 8.5) and ep10 (the Crimson Lotus Dances) on 2006-12-14. Someone should check on http://cal.syoboi.jp/tid/962/time (which is, according to Omniscient, a pretty up-to-date site) as I can't make sense out of it due to my not being able to read Japanese characters (not to mention that I've seen strange numbers, so I'm a bit lost). Yeah, I'm lazy. And I don't like using Babelfish and co.
Yep, that site lists ep 9 'Refrain' (リフレイン) as broadcasting on 2006-12-08 with ep 8.5 'Kamen no kiseki' (仮面 の 軌跡) on 2006-11-30.

Incidently 'kiseki' has a few different meanings, so the title of 8.5 could be translated as 'Tracks of the Mask' alternatively 'Miracle Mask' or even 'Mask of Wonder'. Not sure of which is the right one tbh. Hopefully they'll be at least a few new scenes and revelations in the recap to make it worthwhile. Ep 9 does sound a bit fillerish to me though.

Last edited by Sonhex; 2006-11-27 at 14:57. Reason: translation alternatives
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-27, 14:59   Link #53
cf18
Mecha Pilot

I think Lelouch may have casted a long term Geass on Euphemia, like the one with the cross drawing girl. She will behave normally until Lelouch sends a trigger, like seeing Zero saying "Apple" on TV.

Also Millay Ashford is being forced into arranged marrage for her family. How will that affect Ashford family's position and their desire to continue to hide Lelouch and Nanaly reamain to be seen. Lelouch shouldn't laugh when he think of Euphemia as Cornelia's weekspot. His Nanaly is far more vulnerable.
cf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-27, 19:19   Link #54
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf18 View Post
I think Lelouch may have casted a long term Geass on Euphemia, like the one with the cross drawing girl. She will behave normally until Lelouch sends a trigger, like seeing Zero saying "Apple" on TV.

Also Millay Ashford is being forced into arranged marrage for her family. How will that affect Ashford family's position and their desire to continue to hide Lelouch and Nanaly reamain to be seen. Lelouch shouldn't laugh when he think of Euphemia as Cornelia's weekspot. His Nanaly is far more vulnerable.
If only Leulouch can vaniquish his foes quickly enough and ascend to the throne of Brittania, the Ashford's family's investment in protecting him all these years (and suffering the consequences of loss in position/leverage) will have paid off; better yet, Leulouch can make Millay his queen.

Isn't that sort of how these royal family intruige plots go? The persecuted prince taken under the wing of some peasant or loyal retainer, and after his victorious return he makes the daughter of that family his wife...

Of course, not serious speculation, but Millay as Queen of Brittania is... eerily appropriate, she'd make a good queen too, albeit a at times silly one.
Old 2006-11-27, 19:21   Link #55
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector View Post
If only Leulouch can vaniquish his foes quickly enough and ascend to the throne of Brittania, the Ashford's family's investment in protecting him all these years (and suffering the consequences of loss in position/leverage) will have paid off; better yet, Leulouch can make Millay his queen.

Isn't that sort of how these royal family intruige plots go? The persecuted prince taken under the wing of some peasant or loyal retainer, and after his victorious return he makes the daughter of that family his wife...

Of course, not serious speculation, but Millay as Queen of Brittania is... eerily appropriate, she'd make a good queen too, albeit a at times silly one.

I agree, Millay makes a very good manager of Lulu's harem

jokes aside, Millay so far has shown that she makes a better queen then either cc, karen or shirely.
Old 2006-11-27, 19:28   Link #56
FSNxPhantom

Question: will there be a thread for 8.5? I mean, its just a recap.
Old 2006-11-27, 20:22   Link #57
CronuZ

Send a message via MSN to CronuZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
Yep, that site lists ep 9 'Refrain' (リフレイン) as broadcasting on 2006-12-08 with ep 8.5 'Kamen no kiseki' (仮面 の 軌跡) on 2006-11-30.

Incidently 'kiseki' has a few different meanings, so the title of 8.5 could be translated as 'Tracks of the Mask' alternatively 'Miracle Mask' or even 'Mask of Wonder'. Not sure of which is the right one tbh. Hopefully they'll be at least a few new scenes and revelations in the recap to make it worthwhile. Ep 9 does sound a bit fillerish to me though.
奇跡=Miracle, 軌跡= trace/mark/scar/a person's experience
CronuZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 01:15   Link #58
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
jokes aside, Millay so far has shown that she makes a better queen then either cc, karen or shirely.
Well, she is, after all, the granddaughter of the school superintendent - and I guess that if Lelouch had sought the said head of family's support after he and Nanaly got banished from Britannia - it either means that Ruben K. Ashford (Millay's grandfather) was close to the Imperial family or that he's the head of one of the wealthiest clans (families, I mean) around.

With a background like that, it wouldn't be surprising if Millay wasn't raised to become a governess of sorts, ruling over the family's assets - an education that certainly warrants her being nominated as the Student Council's president, beyond her simple status as the superintendent's granddaughter.

...On the sidelines, it'd be a quite appreciative political gesture for Lelouch to marry Millay - I guess one could count that as a thank-you to the Ashford family for helping him during all those years.
Old 2006-11-28, 02:03   Link #59
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
...On the sidelines, it'd be a quite appreciative political gesture for Lelouch to marry Millay - I guess one could count that as a thank-you to the Ashford family for helping him during all those years.
That is exactly what I'm talking about; would seem like the proper way to reward your benefactor considering the context, wouldn't it?

Millay as overseer of Leulouch's empire, household, and harem huh... employing both her skills as an administrator and a woman's tact. Well, if anyone is to break this vicious cycle of Social-Darwinism as method of choosing the successor to the throne, its Millay. I can see her disciplining all the children already.

It won't, but if the above scenario of political marriage as reward to the Ashford's should ever come to fruitition, I imagine the two would get along fairly well. Both intelligent individuals, and Millay has the craftiness and spontaneity to make give even Leulouch a run for his money (see cat chase episode).

It'd be a fun marriage. Haha.
Old 2006-11-28, 10:17   Link #60
HazardNights

Send a message via AIM to HazardNights Send a message via MSN to HazardNights Send a message via Yahoo to HazardNights
Quote:
Originally Posted by cf18 View Post
How certain is this? Are we shown the geass in action or anything? Does her pattern of speech change? Etc?
HazardNights is offline   Reply With Quote