AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-11-20, 11:18   Link #781
EnigmaticAxiom

I think it's best not to. After all, this is the end of an arc. No better place to pause your reading than there :P
EnigmaticAxiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 13:20   Link #782
noobarta

Ahhh doing a marathon of reading through all the new volumes and also editing the errors I see. Finished vol 4 and it was GLOOORIOUS~!!! =)
noobarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 14:02   Link #783
Grave_digger

Wohoo!!! bow user MC beside robin hood ( there is many bow user but they usually side character). so this is the end of the arc right,i read it all in 2 days ( 8 - 9 hours to be exact ) when i finish red vol 3 my comment is "Noooo, Rolaaaaaaaand ".
Another great series !!! thank's EnigmaticAxiom !!!
Grave_digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 15:37   Link #784
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I just borrowed "The Witcher" novel from the library. I hope I'll see a lot of creatures from Slavic myth in their original term, not localized into Swedish (I live in Sweden, the land where no one I freaking know gives a crap about Norse myth and Ragnarok).

I just think that maybe, it'd be possible to find the original folklore that this series is based on in Czech or Slovakian.

^^ Forget it! I don't think I'd ever find!

Last edited by Kleeyook; 2012-11-20 at 16:02.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 00:33   Link #785
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Can anyone tell me how much the money worth is?

The ransom for Tigre are 700.000 Denier (silver) = equal = 3 years tax of Alsace

And The reward for Zhcted 50.000 Gold.
sandhy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 02:19   Link #786
noobarta

Ehh Enigma, quick question. For volume 5 epilogue, was it really suppose to be giving Agnes to Zchted, or was it suppose to be Alsace?

Oh, and found Asvarre on the volume 5 map, was actually to left of Sachstein XD

Though, how come baka tsuki doesn't show the maps ?_? had to check animesuki

And for now, finished word checking all the volumes on baka tsuki except vol 2 now
noobarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 05:06   Link #787
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobarta View Post
Ehh Enigma, quick question. For volume 5 epilogue, was it really suppose to be giving Agnes to Zchted, or was it suppose to be Alsace?

And for now, finished word checking all the volumes on baka tsuki except vol 2 now
I'll check later, but I believe it is Agnes. Alsace is to be Zhcted controlled for 3 years and returned with Tigre after that as a sign of friendship between the two countries. But since you just read it, you'd probably remember better than I would.
Old 2012-11-21, 10:16   Link #788
kazzuya13

I just finish reading volume 5 preview
Spoiler for Valentina:
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 11:12   Link #789
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

The only thing I find seriously unrealistic (no, other than busty battle maiden or rocket launcher bows) is in V2 it is mentioned the capital of Brune has a population of 1 million.

In comparsion, duke Thadiner only had, with all allies included, an army of 30,000?
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 11:26   Link #790
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
The only thing I find seriously unrealistic (no, other than busty battle maiden or rocket launcher bows) is in V2 it is mentioned the capital of Brune has a population of 1 million.

In comparsion, duke Thadiner only had, with all allies included, an army of 30,000?
is it that unbelievable? A standing army is pretty small. He could force a shit ton of people to fight, but they'd be useless and would only get in the way, so it's best to get trained soldiers.

I'm not really sure how I feel about it, I guess. I can kind of agree with your point and kind of disagree. The numbers seem odd to me, but not unrealistic. I guess.
Old 2012-11-21, 11:47   Link #791
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaticAxiom View Post
is it that unbelievable? A standing army is pretty small. He could force a shit ton of people to fight, but they'd be useless and would only get in the way, so it's best to get trained soldiers.

I'm not really sure how I feel about it, I guess. I can kind of agree with your point and kind of disagree. The numbers seem odd to me, but not unrealistic. I guess.
I just feel it is very high for a city setting in medieval days. Rome at apex was ~2 million, and it had a lot of high tech infrastructure to support it).

I would say 150-200K would be more realistic, which is in line with real life Paris pre-black plague or in line with Song of Fire and Ice
Old 2012-11-21, 13:33   Link #792
kazzuya13

Quote:
I just feel it is very high for a city setting in medieval days. Rome at apex was ~2 million, and it had a lot of high tech infrastructure to support it).

I would say 150-200K would be more realistic, which is in line with real life Paris pre-black plague or in line with Song of Fire and Ice
Just imagine it. There are many neutral aristocrat and even those that are against him. Furthermore there those who are stationed in the borders. Many villagers and women and children.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 15:22   Link #793
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
Just imagine it. There are many neutral aristocrat and even those that are against him. Furthermore there those who are stationed in the borders. Many villagers and women and children.
What I found most unrealistic is not the army size, but the huge size of the capital. At 1 million, would require a lot of food, water, and material to keep it a float.

Most medieval cities are 1/5 of that.

Furthermore, if Duke T was =30% of the nation's power, then we can estimate he should have several hundred thousands in term of population at his fief, and able to raise a far larger army.
Old 2012-11-21, 15:53   Link #794
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobarta View Post

I just realized I didn't answer all your questions.

Asvarre isn't a territory but a country, and the maps weren't included as images because I didn't feel like uploading them.

As for Arch: I see what you mean. Yes, I suppose 1 million people would be quite large for a city of that time.
Old 2012-11-21, 18:04   Link #795
Zakoo

Pfou, I just read V4 and V5, 7 hours straight of reading, atama ga ittai.

That was good really, all hail Mira.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 19:28   Link #796
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Just finished volume 2, my respect dropped a bit for Ellen and Ladmire. Especially Ladmire, as two girls sent men to their death in what appear nothing more than a pissing contest.

Hundreds of deaths later they make up. Yet they couldn't just think maybe it is not a good idea to start wars like this. =/

I am surprised the nation of Zchtred last so long by handing magic weapons to bare....underaged girls.
Old 2012-11-21, 20:05   Link #797
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaticAxiom View Post
I just realized I didn't answer all your questions.

Asvarre isn't a territory but a country, and the maps weren't included as images because I didn't feel like uploading them.

As for Arch: I see what you mean. Yes, I suppose 1 million people would be quite large for a city of that time.
Another thing I found odd is the surprising amount of seafood served on Tigre's march. And the Rice.

Ok, the Rice I could see it, but the author should realize mussels and fish would go bad rather quickly on a military march. That is why most old armies use beans instead and did not have any meat policy other than hunted games (or in desperation, their horses)

It was not until Napeloan commissioned canned goods meat became more prevalent as a army meal.
Old 2012-11-22, 05:42   Link #798
chancs

Quote:
Just finished volume 2, my respect dropped a bit for Ellen and Ladmire. Especially Ladmire, as two girls sent men to their death in what appear nothing more than a pissing contest.

Hundreds of deaths later they make up. Yet they couldn't just think maybe it is not a good idea to start wars like this. =/

I am surprised the nation of Zchtred last so long by handing magic weapons to bare....underaged girls.
But why all the Vanadis are selected at such young age? Even if selected, they are given a whole state/region/territory to rule?

Is it because of the Dragon Tools' childish nature or the Black Dragon King (as in the manga) had some weird notions ?

Quote:
Another thing I found odd is the surprising amount of seafood served on Tigre's march. And the Rice.

Ok, the Rice I could see it, but the author should realize mussels and fish would go bad rather quickly on a military march. That is why most old armies use beans instead and did not have any meat policy other than hunted games (or in desperation, their horses)

It was not until Napeloan commissioned canned goods meat became more prevalent as a army meal.
Wow Xin, from the above it seem you read a lot about society and military.

Could it be that Tigre's family is the descendant of the Dragon King? This is after reading about the black dragon shaped tornado when Tigre snapped through spoilers and the family's tradition with the heirloom.
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 06:11   Link #799
MPS645

My guess is that there's a relation between tir na fa and the black dragons.
MPS645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 06:17   Link #800
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPS645 View Post
My guess is that there's a relation between tir na fa and the black dragons.
But for now it is only "Blackness"
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)