AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2007-10-05, 03:08   Link #161
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well I enjoyed the movie. Did like the fight with Friagane with the usage of a few Hougu and really pushing Shana x Daw to the brink. Some good stuff considering they worked it all into an hour and a half. Go Alastor though completely wasting Friagane.

Gotta love Yuji making his final farewell. Then once he realizes he's alright Shana is broken up laughing her head off about it.

Great movie and gets you ready for Season 2.
Old 2007-10-05, 03:33   Link #162
Khelbenaru
Harmless bystander

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadare View Post
Spoiler for movie:
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutralizer View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for movie:
Khelbenaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 03:57   Link #163
s[H]sIkuA
Drill Drill Drill

That movie really refresh my mind of Shana I , now I am ready for the 2nd season
Can't even remember which part is not in the first season that was in the movie.

Anyone can list it out
All I can remember is that I havent seen that fight, bath scene lol, ending
s[H]sIkuA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 14:42   Link #164
Pell14

Just watched the movie, it does have some minor differences compare to the tv series. Not a very big booha if ya miss the movie but the movie does make alittle more sense than the tv series
Pell14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 19:39   Link #165
Echoes

The movie was amazing, everything was done so well. It was nice to refresh my memory of Shana before the second season, but it was so much more as well. The visuals and animations were splendid, Shana looked even more beautiful than the usually does, and Yoshida was perhaps even cuter.

The Friagne arc, with a few alternations, made a good stand-alone experience. It seemed they made Friagne a little more impressive, which is good, because I thought he was an interesting villain.
Spoiler for movie:
Old 2007-10-06, 01:15   Link #166
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

I was expecting a recap of the later half of Shana, but the movie was for the first. I have just one thought: Most l33t anime battle scene I've seen in a long time. Major, MAJOR props to the staff. Also, Shana was Shana, but Yuuji was also much better. I just wish season II would be just as good.

BTW, I've seen up to the brother/sister arc in Shana I. I just couldn't stomach those two. Will I be missing much?
Old 2007-10-06, 02:29   Link #167
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl_moon View Post
BTW, I've seen up to the brother/sister arc in Shana I. I just couldn't stomach those two. Will I be missing much?
So you stopped at the blond twins?

Spoiler for Season I events:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 02:30   Link #168
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

It really depends, there was some development happening in that arc between Yuji and shana, Yoshida too....

Perhaps if you skipped that part, their relationship after those tumultous times might seem a bit odd...

I really wouldn't skip it personally.
Old 2007-10-06, 02:42   Link #169
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Yes, I'd agree. Skip that particular arc if you must (though it does have a purpose), but definitely go on and watch the rest of the first season before starting season two. Many important things happen in the second half of the first TV series.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 09:49   Link #170
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Thanks for the advice, serenade_beta, holyman282, relentlessflame. It's almost fall break anyway; might as well cuddle up with Shana during the break.
Old 2007-10-06, 09:53   Link #171
Ratix

Send a message via AIM to Ratix Send a message via MSN to Ratix
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
So you stopped at the blond twins?

Spoiler for Season I events:
Out of the events that happened in Shana I, I only liked the first arc(Friagne) and Shana's past arc. The rest felt like trashy filler to me. Too rushed, and not well developed etc.
Ratix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 12:11   Link #172
komichi

The movie was gorgeous as promised, Yuuji was so much better than when he was in the TV series, the fight was quite pleasing to the eyes as well.

Can't wait for second season!
komichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 12:24   Link #173
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khelbenaru View Post
Spoiler for movie:
Come to think of it, how does Yuji's power of existance get drained out so much until he was near to disappearing? Is it because he casted Fuzetsu himself? Or he activated the antiframe ring using his power of existence to protect him from the frame of Alastor?
alvinkhorfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 21:03   Link #174
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I would rate this movie between an 8 and 9, but since I almost totally forgot what the first season is about, I'll give it a 9 for refreshing my memory. I really enjoyed the ending too; it was a good, dramatic fight. Usually bad guys have pawns and such and it's really unique in my point of view that Friagne and Marian had some kind of connection there. Of course, all of this is in the TV series also, but I just like pointing that out.

Overall, I do miss the romantic drama but the movie was very much to the point and summarized things nicely. Kazumi is so cute and I was sad that she didn't get more screen time. Of course for every movie I think it left out many things, but I think that if I watched this movie first, I would love it. It was exciting from the beginning to end, so 9/10, which is higher than my rating of the TV series itself.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 21:57   Link #175
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Come to think of it, how does Yuji's power of existance get drained out so much until he was near to disappearing? Is it because he casted Fuzetsu himself? Or he activated the antiframe ring using his power of existence to protect him from the frame of Alastor?
First impression: Oh, hey, Yuji can cast Fuzetsu? That's pretty cool.

But then with that shockwave out of Shana as the barrier becomes complete, I thought that Shana was responsible after all. Else, all you have to do is shout "Fuzetsu"? I gotta try that some time.

I was wondering about that drain thing, but figured the Hunter did something like the anime offscreen...
Old 2007-10-07, 13:35   Link #176
alvinkhorfire

Well in the anime, Yuji was shooted by Friagne with his hougu gun, thus Yuji's power of existence was drained. But in the movie, it was not clear on how Yuji's power of existence got drained.
alvinkhorfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 13:37   Link #177
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Well in the anime, Yuji was shooted by Friagne with his hougu gun, thus Yuji's power of existence was drained. But in the movie, it was not clear on how Yuji's power of existence got drained.
overuse of the anti-flame ring to protect him from being killed by Alastor/Alastor's blast?

there's plenty of probable explanations.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 17:06   Link #178
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The main factor that i love about this movie, is how much it goes into detail about Friagne --- which is of course what i expected, when first hearing the news about a movie that would retell these events. Seeing how he was effected by his love for Marianne.

Just this movie alone makes him my favourite character from the series, even more.
Old 2007-10-07, 18:18   Link #179
Caiobrz
Frantic Waller

hmm I was kind of disapointed by this recap, not to mention, recap of only the first arch ... Yuji becomes lame and wimpy on the last arches of the first season and that alone prevented me watching the movie or getting eager for the second season .. and than a recap?

However I must say that Yuji farewell was interestingly different from the series to make me wonder if they will try to make Yuji less of a wimpy and more usefull on the second season - so, although this was only a recap, I would say I liked the small changes enough to give me hope for the second season =D
Caiobrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 05:46   Link #180
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Does the movie come with a DVD special? I recall seeing new Shana-tan screenshots some days ago.

Tags
action, adventure, bishoujo, drama, fantasy, j.c. staff, movie, romance, shounen, tsundere