AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-08-28, 11:23   Link #241
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Not to mention she left Paul's party around the time he and Zenith got married. She is surprisingly reasonable.

There's definitely something off about her romance with Cliff, though. I'm thinking she was magically charmed.
That would be surprisingly devious of Cliff .
Old 2023-08-28, 15:35   Link #242
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
That would be surprisingly devious of Cliff .
And the total opposite of what his Ego would allow.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-30, 01:17   Link #243
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Not to mention she left Paul's party around the time he and Zenith got married. She is surprisingly reasonable.

There's definitely something off about her romance with Cliff, though. I'm thinking she was magically charmed.
or her curse is lifted, considering his cleric background.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-30, 13:54   Link #244
EroKing

Images
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-12 at 09:02.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-30, 16:27   Link #245
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Images
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Posing animal girls .
Old 2023-09-02, 12:38   Link #246
alex_drian

Don't do this Cliff! Her body count is in the thousands!
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-02, 15:01   Link #247
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
Don't do this Cliff! Her body count is in the thousands!
I fail to see this as a negative.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-03, 11:01   Link #248
Frontier

Sylphie's not very happy seeing Rudy get along with another girl, so much so she's off her game, walking into walls and spilling ink...she just feels so strongly about Rudy! And Ariel can see this and seems open to her being more honest with him, but Sylphie's genuinely worried he's forgotten about her. But Ariel seems confident leaving it up to Sylphie to do what she feels is best in her relationship with Rudy .

A chuuni nickname? Inventing school uniforms, blackboard, and other things? Probably the first indication about the true identity of the next person Rudy is going to turn to for help in getting info about the teleportation incident .

Oh hey, it's Nanahoshi! Annnnnd...she kickstarted Rudy's Orsted PTSD. Jeez, poor guy was barely holding it together. Although he did get a Sylphie lap pillow out of it, so I guess it wasn't all bad .

I was wondering why everyone was talking in the fantasy language, but that was to build up to Nanahoshi talking to Rudy in Japanese and revealing that not only is she a fellow Japanese but she's the same high school girl he helped save from the traffic incident that got them all stuck in this mess, though she just got transported instead of reincarnating like he did .

So Orsted is eventually going to come after Rudy? Or he might not? Well, there's a pleasant thought .

Nanahoshi Shizuka and Rudeus share some commonality from being both Japanese people stuck in this world, but whereas Rudeus has embraced his new life and this world and what he can do in it, Nanahoshi hates it here and wants nothing more than to leave and get back home. They're two contrasting yet parallel Isekai cases. She also wants to find her friends who were with her, but were they teleported too .

(I love Shion Wakayama using her cool, stoic, and cynical voice for Nanahoshi here. Gives her a lot of personality ).

Poor Fitz. She's stuck in the middle of Rudeus having a long conversation with another girl in a language she can't understand and she has no idea what's going on. Also, Nanahoshi's got legs .

Jeez, angry Sylphie! Nanahoshi really should've phrased that better (though I guess she was prepared enough to have shield at the ready)! But I guess she's internalized a lot of the trauma and anger she still feels over what happened, especially since it cost her her parents, even though Nanahoshi is also a victim because she didn't ask to be teleported to this world or have a bunch of people get transported in the process. But she doesn't quite understand how it happened, who did it, and how it all relates to Orsted and his war with the Man-God .

So while I wouldn't call them friends, Rudy and Nanahoshi have now formed a partnership to help further Nanahoshi's research with the help of Rudy's mana. I can only imagine where things will go from here. But as long as Rudy trusts her, Sylphie is happy with that .
Old 2023-09-03, 12:27   Link #249
leongsh
Daijoubu!

I think it would be great if we could have most of the conversation done in the world language, instead of in Japanese except where it should. It sounds quite good.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-03, 12:37   Link #250
GDB

Quote:
A chuuni nickname?
To be fair, I wouldn't call just translating her name into English as being chuuni.

Shizuka = Silent/Quiet
Nana = Seven
Hoshi = Star
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-03, 12:40   Link #251
scififan

By the way, nanahoshi means seven stars of northern sky. The name seems to be intentional and related to the story. Having something in common(same origin) makes them friends automatically.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-03, 13:00   Link #252
magnuskn

Dang, that was a strong reaction by Sylphie. Totally understandable, though. And I presume Nanahoshi had those protection rings well at the ready because she had to deal with just such reactions a lot.
Old 2023-09-03, 13:50   Link #253
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
To be fair, I wouldn't call just translating her name into English as being chuuni.

Shizuka = Silent/Quiet
Nana = Seven
Hoshi = Star
I dunno, that feels like something I could see a Chuuni person do .
Old 2023-09-03, 17:01   Link #254
grecefar

That was quite the bomb or I don't know. I was confuse in this chapter, while I do remember orsted... I don't remember her at all.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-03, 18:07   Link #255
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So I was completely wrong, there was another student nicknamed "Silent" something. I definitely wouldn't have thought it was the girl who was with Orsted, or that she is from Rudeus' world, or that she is one of the people whose lives he saved in his final moments. This raises a lot more questions than it answers. I'm guessing Rudeus getting reincarnated is actually a byproduct of the teleportation magic used on her, but why was he reborn ten years before she was teleported?

It's interesting that they have completely different feelings about their situations. It's refreshing to see someone actually want to go back to Earth after being Isekai'd, and actively searching for a way to do it. If Rudeus had arrived here the same way she did, I'm pretty sure he would feel very differently. It's easier to love the world when you were born into a loving family as a super handsome overpowered wizard. He also had the luxury to gradually adapt.
Old 2023-09-03, 18:08   Link #256
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
I dunno, that feels like something I could see a Chuuni person do .
I dunno, she does say something about a lame anime or ln, which would have me tbink she hates that kind of stuff.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-04, 06:48   Link #257
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Talk about a change of pace. The series went from slice of life to the origin of everything
Old 2023-09-04, 11:09   Link #258
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It's refreshing to see someone actually want to go back to Earth after being Isekai'd, and actively searching for a way to do it.
It's just been a long time. 1990s isekai is almost always like that, and honestly much better than the power fantasy copy-paste we get most of the time.

Those Who Hunt Elves was one long-running joke and is still better than a lot of the stuff that gets anime today.

Fushigi Yûgi being the more serious type.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-04, 15:35   Link #259
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Talk about a change of pace. The series went from slice of life to the origin of everything
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
It's just been a long time. 1990s isekai is almost always like that, and honestly much better than the power fantasy copy-paste we get most of the time.

Those Who Hunt Elves was one long-running joke and is still better than a lot of the stuff that gets anime today.

Fushigi Yûgi being the more serious type.
Escaflowne as well. The whole story revolves about returning to earth for one of th main characters. It's a modern day trope that the MC doesn't really want to return to the real world. The traditional Isekai story was always about finding a way back.
Old 2023-09-04, 18:05   Link #260
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Escaflowne as well. The whole story revolves about returning to earth for one of th main characters. It's a modern day trope that the MC doesn't really want to return to the real world. The traditional Isekai story was always about finding a way back.
Ah I'd say it was about half and half of the oldest isekai stories.
John Carter of Mars was happy to stay on Mars in the first book but was pulled back to earth.
Even the later Oz books had the protagonist moving to Oz for good.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, isekai