AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 11 19.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 15.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 43.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 12.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 7.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-26, 08:44   Link #361
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Or 4) As I said, the genes probably were there, but either were masked by other genes or some developmental trigger failed to happen to activate it, but with complete control and no inhibitions about the development of the clone, Precia was able to provide the developmental triggers.
Just think Jurassic Park, how the genes guiding female development were masked by hormonal triggers that could be suppressed.
I'm inclined towards the theory that the Incident did something to Alicia, for, also according to the novel, Fate had the same magic color as the explosion.

I'm gunning for Alice having the latent magic genes, which were activated and altered uniformly by the exposure, thus when Fate was "made" from Alicia, she inherited both Alicia's innate power AND the explosion's magic, thus making her a very powerful mage today.
Old 2007-06-26, 08:51   Link #362
Key Board
Carbon

I have a the impression that Fate the way she is because she is a product of project F

and what does project F do? create artificially created enhanced mages
Old 2007-06-26, 09:01   Link #363
Thisguy
Negikamo

Quote:
Precia was able to provide the developmental triggers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board
and what does project F do? create artificially created enhanced mages
Like Chaos said many times, it was NOT the case for Fate.
What Precia wanted was the EXACT Alicia, with NO magic potential whatsoever JUST LIKE ORIGINAL.
How does she want to provide the developmental triggers?

And NO, the Project F Precia was aiming was about creating "Clone with memory of original", no more, no less, not freaking enhanced mages.
Old 2007-06-26, 10:16   Link #364
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

The Testarossa family was known for being powerful, and having high magical power to begin with.

Precia cloned her daughter because she wanted her back, not some super-soldier to do her bidding...

But seeing how different Fate became as she grew, she no longer wanted her and changed her plans, to revive Alicia.
So, I assume that Fate's magical potencial is the same as Alicia.

Last edited by FlameSparkZ; 2007-06-26 at 11:01.
Old 2007-06-26, 10:17   Link #365
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I feel guilty for being the one that derailed the train this far

Anyone has any random lines that they want to let out?
Old 2007-06-26, 11:34   Link #366
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
The Testarossa family was known for being powerful, and having high magical power to begin with.

Precia cloned her daughter because she wanted her back, not some super-soldier to do her bidding...

But seeing how different Fate became as she grew, she no longer wanted her and changed her plans, to revive Alicia.
So, I assume that Fate's magical potencial is the same as Alicia.
I'll just add on that the Incident that killed her did something to Alicia, such that Fate's magic color turned out the same as the collapsing experiment...
Old 2007-06-26, 12:00   Link #367
Seiryuu

If I recall correctly, wasn't Project F already under way when Alicia died? I thought she'd already been engaged in the idea of going past familiars to create living soldiers. I understand that Fate was meant to be a perfect duplicate but apparently either got messed up somewhere or was somehow changed after birth to trigger powers when she failed to be Alicia herself.
Anyway, I'm sorry too that I've been going at this. I only meant to propose what I thought an interesting option for the storyline and provide some background for how/why it could work, but now the ep13 discussion seems to have shifted entirely into a discussion of Alicia & Fate's differences and the cause.
I still say that, if Scaglietti perfected his enhancements, he could make good use of a severely enhanced Alicia clone who was determined to destroy the TSAB, Fate and Nanoha for what they'd done to Precia.
BTW, what I'd actually originally thought was Precia makes it to Al Hazred but dies right as she manages to revive Alicia, the sight of her insane, dying mother throws Alicia over the edge, and the combination of Alicia's rage and the heightened magic in Al Hazred forcefully breaks through whatever walls exist inhibiting her. Particularly if Fate is indeed a perfect copy of what Alicia had become after the accident.
Anyway, back to the prophecy, I also like this idea: with the ancient crystals(Relics?), either the last remnants of Al Hazred's royal lines, or someone who had somehow claimed the heritage of the dead line, then becomes the key to resurrecting the ancient and terrible power of the lost, "holy" land.
As I said before, I'd like to know what "Ka no Tsubasa" means(I know tsubasa is wing but whats ka?)
Old 2007-06-26, 12:10   Link #368
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Seeing the new OP should be interesting. Though I hope next week proves to be one of those episodes that has something really unexpected going on.

Could only imagine Hayate dragging Chrono into a fight against all those drones. A good excuse for him to release her limiter or they would both get taken out. Or having him go and hold them off while she gets the big guns ready to go .

Wow we've really gotten to the Fate/Project F thing pretty heavily.
Old 2007-06-26, 13:12   Link #369
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
If I recall correctly, wasn't Project F already under way when Alicia died? I thought she'd already been engaged in the idea of going past familiars to create living soldiers. I understand that Fate was meant to be a perfect duplicate but apparently either got messed up somewhere or was somehow changed after birth to trigger powers when she failed to be Alicia herself.
Gosh, I don't know where you got the idea, but Project F.A.T.E only came to be after Alicia's death. As said, its only purpose was to re-create the original Alicia, no more, no less.

I would say that its results only serve to show that when humans try to play God, the outcome is hardly what they expect, and in many cases such as this one, not to their liking.

Quote:
As I said before, I'd like to know what "Ka no Tsubasa" means(I know tsubasa is wing but whats ka?)
The term/sentence/whatever in question is actually "Kare no Tsubasa", which basically means "His Wings".

Signature by liro
Old 2007-06-26, 14:04   Link #370
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Seeing the new OP should be interesting. Though I hope next week proves to be one of those episodes that has something really unexpected going on.
We got an inspection coming up, as well as major screentime for both Genya and Ginga... At least that much is for sure

Quote:
Could only imagine Hayate dragging Chrono into a fight against all those drones. A good excuse for him to release her limiter or they would both get taken out. Or having him go and hold them off while she gets the big guns ready to go .
Chrono: "I don't know, Hayate... I'm still trying to decide whether you or the army of drone is the more dangerous of the two..."

Quote:
Wow we've really gotten to the Fate/Project F thing pretty heavily.
My fault, I intend to crush random idea so as to avoid going down weird and highly unlikely paths...

... This one has been meant with high resistance.

@Seiryuu
Adding on from what Estavali has already said,

Spoiler:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EDIT:

Where the F are those chinese subs....
Old 2007-06-26, 15:10   Link #371
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
where was it said that alica doesnt have any magic potential? so if fate chan was created with no powers they what happened? did a relic get shoved into her body and voila! instant linker core? O.o

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-06-26, 15:54   Link #372
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
where was it said that alica doesnt have any magic potential? so if fate chan was created with no powers they what happened? did a relic get shoved into her body and voila! instant linker core? O.o
Pretty sure it was somewhere in the novel long ago, estavali also mentioned in earlier page.
Fate is a failed product, she was originally created as a body implanted with alicia's memory.So she was not purposely created to have magic potential.

It is not explained how Fate obtained something Alicia lacked(fate created using alicia's genes)Estavali and seiryuu has some good theories from above post.
Old 2007-06-26, 15:58   Link #373
Meophist

It's possible that simply the process(using magic to create a clone), gave Fate her magical abilities. Since Precia's magic was used, that's the type of magic Fate inherited.

Erio seems to suggest that products of Project F have high magical ability.
Old 2007-06-26, 16:20   Link #374
Key Board
Carbon

I don't think Precia had the necessary resources or expertise (her field is dimensional science and not genetics the last time I checked) to make Fate herself so she probably cooperated with a sponsor. Perhaps the good doctor was involved.

A sure way to get funding and resources usually comes from weapon development projects.

Perhaps she did not intent Fate to have magical abilities, and only a memory of Alicia installed in her. But by virtue of being a project F product, I assume that Fate's body came from a line of mass produced enhanced bodies to began with.

In fact, Fate and Elio almost have to come from the same production line given how close their magic circles are in color and their affinity for lightning.
Old 2007-06-26, 19:11   Link #375
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
No no, Fate was meant to have NO power AT ALL.

The accident that had killed Alica might had done something that Precia couldn't predict, rending her never to bring back her daughter the way she once was. This was highlt likely as Fate then had an aura/glow the resembles the very incident that killed Alica, giving her high magic potential.

And why the F are we still on this thing? We're beginning to repeat ourselves as people stop listening...
Old 2007-06-26, 20:01   Link #376
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I don't think Precia had the necessary resources or expertise (her field is dimensional science and not genetics the last time I checked) to make Fate herself so she probably cooperated with a sponsor. Perhaps the good doctor was involved.

A sure way to get funding and resources usually comes from weapon development projects.

Perhaps she did not intent Fate to have magical abilities, and only a memory of Alicia installed in her. But by virtue of being a project F product, I assume that Fate's body came from a line of mass produced enhanced bodies to began with.

In fact, Fate and Elio almost have to come from the same production line given how close their magic circles are in color and their affinity for lightning.

Precia also got a huge payoff form the people responsible for the accident that kill Alicia. And She was pretty wealthy before hand as well, and Mr. Precia's life insurance came in pretty handy after his mysterious disapperance.
Old 2007-06-26, 21:30   Link #377
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Precia also got a huge payoff form the people responsible for the accident that kill Alicia. And She was pretty wealthy before hand as well, and Mr. Precia's life insurance came in pretty handy after his mysterious disapperance.
You've been lurking in the OC thread haven't you?
Old 2007-06-26, 21:42   Link #378
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
You've been lurking in the OC thread haven't you?
A number of people have, but we all just scratch our heads and walked away confused
Old 2007-06-26, 21:54   Link #379
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post

It makes perfect sense!

Unfortunately, members of the TSAB Crime Lab managed to deduce clues of Precia's involvement and motive in the incident through clues scattered at the crime scene, and just when they were about to capture her she commited dimensional suicide...

*Cues "Who Are You" by The Who*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-06-26, 21:58   Link #380
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

It makes perfect sense!

Unfortunately, members of the TSAB Crime Lab managed to deduce clues of Precia's involvement and motive in the incident through clues scattered at the crime scene, and just when they were about to capture her she commited dimensional suicide...

*Cues "Who Are You" by The Who*

Base on episode 8, Mid-Childa's CSIs just don't seem very reliable....
Closed Thread