AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

View Poll Results: Negima Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 5 11.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 31.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 33.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 15.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.22%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.22%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 4.44%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-06, 22:29   Link #21
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Fansub is out! Go grab it... Thank you [Mahora] for your hard work.
Old 2006-11-06, 23:54   Link #22
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls View Post
Fansub is out! Go grab it... Thank you [Mahora] for your hard work.
Best news I've had all day!
Old 2006-11-07, 11:12   Link #23
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

Episode 4 was just so random,but funny in it's on way.

At least now Evangeline is getting involved.Go evil loli!
Old 2006-11-07, 11:41   Link #24
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls View Post
Ahhh this episode was SO very "Pani Poni Dash!". The crazy jump cuts, symbolism, odd camera angles...hehehe...too funny.
Indeed, people could go far and say its PPD with magic. :3

Anyway, with episode 04 being a new story to the series - i can easily say i'm happy with it. The staff behind all this have done there Negima homework, and don't seem afraid at all to the insane.. well, just about do anything. Nodoka finding about Negi was a shock.. though it's a very happy shock. I'm glad she's at least getting some fun-fun air time. Her kiss with Negi was cute as hell. <3

Next time shall be my fav', 'cause its Konoka time. <3
Old 2006-11-07, 12:18   Link #25
Billy G.
<3 Fujiyoshi Harumi
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Billy G. Send a message via MSN to Billy G.
For those who prefer our release in H264, we also just released that. I'm expecting our H264 encode of Episode 2 to come out sometime today as well.
Old 2006-11-07, 13:16   Link #26
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Nodoka finding about Negi was a shock.. though it's a very happy shock. I'm glad she's at least getting some fun-fun air time. Her kiss with Negi was cute as hell. <3
It's not really that shocking, since Nodoka does find out about Negi's secret (and makes her Pactio) two volumes after the Evangeline storyline in the manga.
Old 2006-11-07, 13:22   Link #27
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
It's not really that shocking, since Nodoka does find out about Negi's secret (and makes her Pactio) two volumes after the Evangeline storyline in the manga.
Fourth episode into the series out of 26, and a character already finds out. I call that shocking.. :3

Spoiler for Episode 05:
Old 2006-11-07, 13:31   Link #28
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

humm... shocking, not really...

i guess the shocking factor comes from negi and camo themself : i never saw them so careless and reckless in their magic topic ~~

imo, camo is showing way too often (it's not i don't like this, but he is exposing himself too much)
Old 2006-11-07, 13:35   Link #29
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
imo, camo is showing way too often (it's not i don't like this, but he is exposing himself too much)
Yeah, you'd think he wouldn't 'appear' as often as he is doing. Though most of the time that happens, it is when no one is around. Nodoka being there was pretty much a fluke.
Old 2006-11-07, 13:40   Link #30
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

in fact, i feel the "nobody is there" is a bit... well too convenient.
in the manga, camo was really cautious, and if needed, whispers to negi, instead of blatantly showing up his opinion, and doing so. (the school is huge afterall, SHAFT was ommiting slightly the whole school life and focused only on the 3A, which isn't that bad, but leaves some interesting details though >_< )

maybe camo isn't that bold, but there is also a bit too much of moments where there is nobody around. (some moments are really impossible in the original story, where you could have anyone popping randomly. but again, this is not supposed to follow religiously the manga)

granted, i hope it won't end something like "everyone will be negi's partner" or it will be horribly cheesy -_-" (oh well, there is... around twenty episodes left so XD)

that aside, this doesn't really hurt SHAFT master piece, of course (such details are maybe too nitpicking )
Old 2006-11-07, 13:42   Link #31
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Well, in the manga - he mainly ended up hanging around with the people who knew Negi's secret.. so after a while he was pretty safe. Though being this early in the manga - its a nice lil' way to introduce Negi's true self to the students.. its just that it can't happen to much, or it'll be over used.
Old 2006-11-07, 14:35   Link #32
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
if they manage to fit the word "maho" into this series expect me to fall down and cry with laughter XD chances are high i hope

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-11-07, 14:51   Link #33
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
if they manage to fit the word "maho" into this series expect me to fall down and cry with laughter XD chances are high i hope
They already did. I think it was in episode one - Asuna had 'maho' appear over her head in red katakana (just like Himeko). I forget what procured it, but I do remember that it was brilliantly appropriate.

It seems like the Library Island and Kyoto archs won't be showing up. Probably a blessing in disguise, as developing just the Kyoto arch properly would take half the series. Better to forego it completely than try to squeeze it somewhere it won't fit. I think we had these two things hinted at at the bottom of the screen when Takamichi was talking to Negi, though.
I'm really loving Honya's voice. It just fits so well.
And was the chupacabra stuff in the manga? It's been like a year since I've read it, so I don't remember.
Looks like Evangeline will be playing a huge part throughout the series. I'm ecstatic, because the amount of win contained at any given point in Negima is very closely tied to the amount of Eva in proximity to it.
Old 2006-11-07, 15:34   Link #34
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The Chupa jokes and the little puffball critters are purely anime (no such things in the manga). I don't mind the running gag Chupa stuff (especially since it gives Evangeline something else to be annoyed about) but the puffball police I'm not fond of. Yeah, Evangeline figures quite importantly in the manga too (along with Chach) and I like her "vampiritude" for lack of a better description of her grouchy loli-vampishness.

Aye.. it looks like they're just charging ahead.... which is both interesting and yet a bit disappointing to me. However, if Eva, Kaede, Mana, and the rest get to show off in a few large battle scenes the sort of stuff they did at Kyoto I'm probably good with it. The downside is that basically what we're getting is fairly established character relationships with probably only incremental growth.

edit: o I completely forgot... Nodoka is "teh hawtness" here but they totally underused her or kept knocking her aside for the gags. On the other hand, Asuna's VA puts out the most hysterically funny voices. Some nice Yue facial expressions when she catches Nodoka in the garden. Oh, yeah, and the silly walking club (I'm beginning to wonder if we're going to see much of Kaede in this series outside of background gags).

The Chupa club is pure PPD down to the anatomical model.... I supose Shinbo couldn't help himself and it gives Asuna a chance to channel "Becky".

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-11-07 at 16:28.
Old 2006-11-07, 15:54   Link #35
death knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
omg the randomness of this ep left me feeling like :
Spoiler:

i dont mind random eps once in a while but i hope there wont be a long chain of them >.< but overall its a pretty good ep...8/10
I agree with you mate!!!
Hey!!
did you said that you like to play warcaft ???
If do really do can you please add me because I'm a crazy player in WC3
add me k12121@hotmail.com
Old 2006-11-07, 17:35   Link #36
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

The Kiss with Nodoka was Great... guess Negi is the next Saito (in the anime department)
Pretty much random fun stuff aside of that, and some development... Cosplay card?fsdfsdfaffasf
Wait, 3 cards? I mean, there is another weapon aside of the Harisen and the Buster-like badass sword?
WAIT! That means Nodoka will also get 2 more books? I wonder I there is a possibility of her getting a black book that some random shinigami dropped by accident
Old 2006-11-07, 18:23   Link #37
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:

Anyway, with episode 04 being a new story to the series - i can easily say i'm happy with it. The staff behind all this have done there Negima homework, and don't seem afraid at all to the insane.. well, just about do anything. Nodoka finding about Negi was a shock.. though it's a very happy shock. I'm glad she's at least getting some fun-fun air time. Her kiss with Negi was cute as hell. <3

Next time shall be my fav', 'cause its Konoka time. <3
The new story arc seems interesting, any power even the Thousand Master couldn't handle is going to be hard for Negi to handle. I'm sure manga purists will hate this arc since it's original, but personally I'd rather see an original story than have to sit through the Martial Arts Tournament again (but I've never been a shonen fighting anime/manga fan so I'm heavily biased). The PPD vibe is definitely there, especially the RPG scene

I like the three-card twist to the pactio system, I wonder what the third card does. On the one hand it's screaming 'marketing ploy to sell more cards', but my less cynical side thinks the element of randomness they introduce is kind of cool.
Old 2006-11-07, 18:29   Link #38
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
And was the chupacabra stuff in the manga?
Nope, completely new. First it appeared it the first episode.. then the OVA, and now its taken control. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru
I'm sure manga purists will hate this arc since it's original
Well, i've been a manga reader right from the start.. and i'm loving everything this series has given me so far. SHAFT are perfect for Negima!

As for the Negi x Nodoka kiss, that has to be the best scene of the episode - probably the main moe we'll get to see. She just didn't want it to end. <3

Last edited by Shiroth; 2006-11-07 at 18:45.
Old 2006-11-07, 18:35   Link #39
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Well, i've been a manga reader right from the start.. and i'm loving everything this series has given me so far. SHAFT are perfect for Negima!
Yeah, Shaft animating this was like a dream come true when I heard it, I loved both Tsukuyomi and PPD so I already like the director's style.

It's interesting onee-chan mentioned to Negi that Anya was a little lonely...I keep hoping somewhere down the road Anya will show up at Mahora and all hell will break loose. Based on what we saw of Anya's personality in ep 1, I'm guessing she wouldn't be thrilled with all the pactios (pactioses?) going on...
Old 2006-11-07, 18:39   Link #40
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru View Post
Yeah, Shaft animating this was like a dream come true when I heard it, I loved both Tsukuyomi and PPD so I already like the director's style.
Yeah, both of those shows rank up in my fav's list... and most of that is thanks to SHAFT. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru View Post
It's interesting onee-chan mentioned to Negi that Anya was a little lonely...I keep hoping somewhere down the road Anya will show up at Mahora and all hell will break loose.
With it being a completely new storyline & script, there's no one saying that won't happen. I personally can see it happening down the road.