AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-06-19, 17:29   Link #281
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
It really is. Even though it may not look like much from screenshots, I think that it's one of the most graphically amazing games that I've seen. Everything about it has a very artistic feel. The gameplay is great, too. I can remember thinking that I'd reached the end of the game after putting in around 20 hours, and then the narrator goes on about how "the story is just beginning..." and it was true! I'm now at the end (ready to go through the point of no return) and I had close to 48 hours logged. I'm just getting the rest of the stray beads before I finish the game. But 48 hours for an action game is unprecedented. I think I've only ever logged that many hours on RPGs before. I ended up buying the soundtrack, as well as the piano soundtrack. I could only find them both at CDJapan, so I'm still waiting on them as they're shipping from Japan...
I couldn't agree with you more. The artistic style in Okami is none that I've seen before and the characters are unforgettable. It's too bad it never got that much attention though. I acutally picked it up after seeing a review of it on a TV show. The plot line itself should reel people in: Okami Amaterasu, wolf form of a sun goddess, must go and fight an evil eight headed demon all the while searching for her lost powers.
Aw, I really wanted the soundtrack. The music is so beautifully done. I recently got the Okami artbook in English. I've seen scans of it on the internet, but the actual book is so well done. There's so many different notes and scripts that were not used in the game but are noted in the book.

Quote:
It looks fantasic! You have a really nice art style. I'm even more impressed by the fact that you did it with a mouse. I'll admit that I did a quick sweep through your thread so I may have missed it, but have you posted any scans of your drawings? Is your art style more or less the same when you use a pencil and paper?

Either way, I'd love to see this colored (probably another difficult feat). Are you planning on doing this for the other brush gods?
Ah, thank you so much. I used the mouse with the pen tool, it's not very "hard" it's just time consuming/annoying. I have no idea how to color on photoshop yet...I've looked up tutorials, but most of them are too difficult for me to follow. If you want to take a quick look at some of my art I do have a DeviantArt.

Hmm, I didn't even think about doing the rest of the brush gods, but that ought to be fun. I'll give it a try. ^^
Old 2008-06-19, 17:36   Link #282
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I'd be happy to share the soundtrack with you when I get it

I looked over your DeviantArt and noted that you only have two images colored. The two that are colored look to be very well done. You seem to have a really good eye for color, so I'm confident that you'd be able to give Yumigami some excellent colors if you decided to do so.

If you decide to do all 13 brush gods I'll keep track of your thread with great interest.
Old 2008-06-19, 18:03   Link #283
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

OMG! Following yours and Ledgem's conversation:

1) I love the drawing you did of Yumigami I very much look forward to you drawing the rest of the brush gods. I really like the snake, and the boar made me laugh a whole lot (if you draw the boar, you should also draw the little ones chasing him trying to make his bomb explode).

2) Soundtrack huh? I never even thought about that, but now that I do, I remember loving it while I played.....*hint hint to Ledgem*

3) I'm also right now just hunting for stray beads ^_^

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 18:09   Link #284
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Hmm, favorite brush-god... the snake and the boar were rather funny. I also thought that Kabegami (I think that was the name - the cat) was pretty funny, playing soccer with Issun like that. The story behind Catcall Tower was quite sad, though. I'd have to say that Yumigami was probably my favorite overall, so I'm glad to see Hakuryu's artwork of her.

Regarding stray beads, I'm sort of cheating as I looked up the list of their locations. I did that after I spent about two hours combing through a level and still couldn't find all of them Normally I hate using FAQs and guides, but the situation seemed pretty hopeless...
Old 2008-06-20, 16:52   Link #285
Hakuryu
Klutz

It's strange, I've beat Okami twice now, and I've never gotten around to finding all the stray beads. I just never thought that being "invincible" would make the game very fun. I do love the water tablet that allows you to walk on water though; it's too bad you don't get to keep it when you finish the game. Geez, all this talk makes me want to play Okami, too bad I can't anymore. ^^;

But thanks, as always, for the comments. ^^

As for the next brush god, I'm going to try and draw Nuregami, the snake. I have a good idea of what to do with her, let's just hope she turns out as planned.
Old 2008-06-20, 17:16   Link #286
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

Lovely creations, can't wait for more, have some cookies for all the work
Old 2008-06-21, 03:22   Link #287
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuryu View Post
It's strange, I've beat Okami twice now, and I've never gotten around to finding all the stray beads. I just never thought that being "invincible" would make the game very fun. I do love the water tablet that allows you to walk on water though; it's too bad you don't get to keep it when you finish the game. Geez, all this talk makes me want to play Okami, too bad I can't anymore. ^^;
The water tablet is probably my favorite accessory. I actually just finished the game tonight, after getting the final beads. I was only missing a few of the beads, so I figured that I might as well get them all. I'd read that the beads grant invincibility, but apparently it's a bit more than that. It also grants unlimited ink and multiplies your attack power by ten. I think it'd remove a lot of fun from the game, but I can see how it'd be useful. What if ten years down the line I want to play it again and sort of speed through? It'd be quite useful, then. (I've only very rarely gone back to play games, though...)

Either way, it had a beautiful ending, brought tears to my eyes. It's truly a fantasic game. It seemed like they left open the possibility of a second game, but I heard that Studio Clover doesn't exist anymore so I guess we won't be seeing that.

I said it before, but I'll say it again: I'm looking forward to more of your Okami artwork!
Old 2008-06-21, 11:02   Link #288
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
The water tablet is probably my favorite accessory. I actually just finished the game tonight, after getting the final beads. I was only missing a few of the beads, so I figured that I might as well get them all. I'd read that the beads grant invincibility, but apparently it's a bit more than that. It also grants unlimited ink and multiplies your attack power by ten. I think it'd remove a lot of fun from the game, but I can see how it'd be useful. What if ten years down the line I want to play it again and sort of speed through? It'd be quite useful, then. (I've only very rarely gone back to play games, though...)

Either way, it had a beautiful ending, brought tears to my eyes. It's truly a fantasic game. It seemed like they left open the possibility of a second game, but I heard that Studio Clover doesn't exist anymore so I guess we won't be seeing that.

I said it before, but I'll say it again: I'm looking forward to more of your Okami artwork!
Ah, I didn't know it gives you all those powers. But it makes me not want to get those stray beads even more. I just think that's too easy....
Yes, I love the ending. I have the end song and I always listen to it. I was so upset when Clover broke away from Capcom. But now that they have their own studio, there "may" be some hope for a sequel? The ending just leaves too much to be desired.

Alrighty, here is a Rough sketch of what I have so far for Nuregami. She actually turned out like I hoped she would....somewhat....

I need to figure out how to position her hands though. And I need to learn how to draw a darn circle. xD I didn't even finish her face yet.
But, comments would be lovely~
Old 2008-06-21, 11:50   Link #289
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I think you did an excellent job of portraying the element of Nuregami that was most memorable - her trying to get the cork off of the bottle. I can see why you didn't do the hands yet, though. Should she be pushing at the cork, or perhaps grasping it? I suppose pushing it would be best...

Once again, very nice work. I'm impressed at your style and abilities, and it makes me even more excited to see more from you.
Old 2008-06-21, 18:46   Link #290
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

Huhu, really nice sketch xD i really like the way you drew it

Good job and keep those coming xD
Old 2008-06-22, 18:43   Link #291
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
I think you did an excellent job of portraying the element of Nuregami that was most memorable - her trying to get the cork off of the bottle. I can see why you didn't do the hands yet, though. Should she be pushing at the cork, or perhaps grasping it? I suppose pushing it would be best...

Once again, very nice work. I'm impressed at your style and abilities, and it makes me even more excited to see more from you.
Yes, I loved it when she showed up. She's the most memorable in my opinion...next to the Boar of coarse. And thanks so much for the compliment. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Climbers View Post
Huhu, really nice sketch xD i really like the way you drew it

Good job and keep those coming xD
Thanks a lot, Icy. I'll keep doing these, then! =3

2nd stage of Nuregami: Cleaned up sketch, added more detail...etc.
Small Version

Bigger Version
Old 2008-06-22, 20:23   Link #292
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Looks great so far Haku-chan! I love the little frustration droplets above her head, and that tail
You really do a wonderful job of portraying their personalities in human form! Any chance of you coloring them?

AniList

Old 2008-06-22, 20:32   Link #293
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
Looks great so far Haku-chan! I love the little frustration droplets above her head, and that tail
You really do a wonderful job of portraying their personalities in human form! Any chance of you coloring them?
Thanks so much, Marina-chan! A snake doesn't have very many distinguishing features that can be shown in a human form, so I tried to at least put her tail there.

Coloring? Hmm, that's a good question...
I may practice with colored pencils again, but there's no real chance of my coloring them with photoshop (since I don't know how xD) But we'll see~
Old 2008-06-23, 18:50   Link #294
Hakuryu
Klutz

Double post....for a good cause.

Just wanting to post some quick sigs I did on another forum.

I'm not "too" fond of this one, simply because the image I had to use was a pixilated "paint-like" image.

And these are two sigs I've made for myself recently. >.>

I'm still working on this one~
Old 2008-06-23, 18:56   Link #295
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

1. Good setting. Good quality. Very soothing.

2. Agree. It's very pixelated but I don't think the bg suits it either. You can do better!

3. Ah that one. I really like the colors. Black and white, but still not. It's also simple which I like.

4.The text doesn't fit but the render is cute and the bg is perfect. Keep working on it and it'll be really nice.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 19:00   Link #296
Hey Boss!
あの。。。

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post

2. Agree. It's very pixelated but I don't think the bg suits it either. You can do better!

3. Ah that one. I really like the colors. Black and white, but still not. It's also simple which I like.

4.The text doesn't fit but the render is cute and the bg is perfect. Keep working on it and it'll be really nice.
I agree!!... out of all of them I like the first one!!^_^
Hey Boss! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 19:07   Link #297
Shana

I like your sketch! I might buy Okami to play it just because all I'm reading here

Also the 4th sig in your last post is quite nice I'd add a moon and some light to her face (and try making the render smaller). And you could try blending a bit her hair because the light of the original image (which I haven't seen) is affecting this a bit.

Good luck with it
Old 2008-06-23, 19:17   Link #298
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuryu View Post
I Like This Sig Look Really Nice and Cute..
Good Work on Haku-Chan ^_^
Old 2008-06-23, 22:46   Link #299
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

OH! I very much <3 this sig you made:

I'm a huge fan of Ein and he's pretty much the reason I want to eventually get a welsh corgi...too bad I won't be able to get a super smart one like him ^_^
I'd even ask to use it if you hadn't made it for another person, do you think they would mind?

Also, could I guest the source for it? If it's from a wallpaper, I'd love to use it! If just a render, it's a great one I'd love to have in storage

AniList

Old 2008-06-24, 13:48   Link #300
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABORT-CLEAR View Post
I agree!!... out of all of them I like the first one!!^_^
Thanks very much you two. I always appreciate feed back. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana View Post
I like your sketch! I might buy Okami to play it just because all I'm reading here

Also the 4th sig in your last post is quite nice I'd add a moon and some light to her face (and try making the render smaller). And you could try blending a bit her hair because the light of the original image (which I haven't seen) is affecting this a bit.

Good luck with it
You really should Shana-chan. It's so awesome!
I was thinking of adding a moon...I'm trying to find a good moon brush though. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
I Like This Sig Look Really Nice and Cute..
Good Work on Haku-Chan ^_^
Thank you, Chaos-chan! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
OH! I very much <3 this sig you made:

I'm a huge fan of Ein and he's pretty much the reason I want to eventually get a welsh corgi...too bad I won't be able to get a super smart one like him ^_^
I'd even ask to use it if you hadn't made it for another person, do you think they would mind?

Also, could I guest the source for it? If it's from a wallpaper, I'd love to use it! If just a render, it's a great one I'd love to have in storage
Haha, thanks so much. To me, that one turned out better than I hoped. And they said they don't mind if you use it so here it is with your name on it. ^^

It's acutally a pretty bad quailty image, but here's what I rendered if you still want it. ^^;
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...Edwardcopy.png

Alrighty...something brand new...kinda! I was so enthralled with Riker's hair animation in one of his sigs, I had to try it for myself. And low and behold it turned out looking like crap. xD

Spoiler for Dx:

Tags