AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-06-24, 13:55   Link #301
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Well...I guess since it contains animation you had to cut down on the quality too correct? Considering how I don't like animation in sigs anyway it does look a little...odd. I don't know what it is but it looks like the hair is dancing in a very repetive movement pattern.

The rest of the sig is very nice, especially the bg, but the animation can be worked on much more. More movement, better quality etc is something you can look into. Also try without animation, I know it destroys the purpose but it might look really good as static since you can heighten the quality too.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 16:13   Link #302
Shana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuryu View Post

You really should Shana-chan. It's so awesome!
I was thinking of adding a moon...I'm trying to find a good moon brush though. xD

Alrighty...something brand new...kinda! I was so enthralled with Riker's hair animation in one of his sigs, I had to try it for myself. And low and behold it turned out looking like crap. xD

Spoiler for Dx:
Okay. I'll see if the store my brother frequents has it, if it does I would buy it if it's cheap! *doesn't actually have that much money to spend-waste*.

Also your new sig is awesome! Teach me (but no one else, just me)! Teach me, Haku-sensei! . It looks okay, but I feel you should make the sig bigger in height terms. You could try making the render smaller and making the light source more noticeable (like a Lens Flare ), and getting the whole hair blowing would be awesome! ^_^
Old 2008-06-24, 17:29   Link #303
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Haha, thanks so much. To me, that one turned out better than I hoped. And they said they don't mind if you use it so here it is with your name on it. ^^

It's acutally a pretty bad quailty image, but here's what I rendered if you still want it. ^^;
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...Edwardcopy.png
Thanks so much Haku-chan! ^_^ I love it! As soon as this week is over and the sotm is done, I'll be switching to this one. Would it be too much of a problem to actually size it down to 120 in height?

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 17:43   Link #304
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Alrighty...something brand new...kinda! I was so enthralled with Riker's hair animation in one of his sigs, I had to try it for myself. And low and behold it turned out looking like crap. xD

Spoiler for Dx:
I think it's really good. :O

Try to make the animated hair on the right hand side blend in better with the non-moving hair.
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 10:47   Link #305
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Well...I guess since it contains animation you had to cut down on the quality too correct? Considering how I don't like animation in sigs anyway it does look a little...odd. I don't know what it is but it looks like the hair is dancing in a very repetive movement pattern.

The rest of the sig is very nice, especially the bg, but the animation can be worked on much more. More movement, better quality etc is something you can look into. Also try without animation, I know it destroys the purpose but it might look really good as static since you can heighten the quality too.
Yeah, I noticed it didn't exactly look like her hair was "flowing"...so I made a few adjustments. I fixed the quality a bit as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana View Post
Okay. I'll see if the store my brother frequents has it, if it does I would buy it if it's cheap! *doesn't actually have that much money to spend-waste*.

Also your new sig is awesome! Teach me (but no one else, just me)! Teach me, Haku-sensei! . It looks okay, but I feel you should make the sig bigger in height terms. You could try making the render smaller and making the light source more noticeable (like a Lens Flare ), and getting the whole hair blowing would be awesome! ^_^
Whoo! I'd lend you some money if I could.

I would fix the size of the render...but if I did, I'd have to start all over...and I don't want to. Dx I also made the lens flare a bit more noticeable. I just selected parts of her hair, duplicated them into layers and used the Transform->Warp. >.>
It's really difficult to make it look "good" though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
I think it's really good. :O

Try to make the animated hair on the right hand side blend in better with the non-moving hair.
Wow, you acutally think so? ^^;

Kay, I fixed the other part of the hair and I also made the "flow" slower...better or worse?
Old 2008-06-25, 12:11   Link #306
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Better flow and quality. Nice job, I like it much more now =D

Old 2008-06-25, 12:28   Link #307
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Better flow and quality. Nice job, I like it much more now =D
Thanks very much. That means a lot. ^^
Do you think I could improve it somehow? I'm not quite satisfied yet.
Old 2008-06-25, 12:29   Link #308
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Hmm...well that could be to increase/multiply the movement and make it more fluid if you catch my drift.

Old 2008-06-25, 17:23   Link #309
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Do you think I could improve it somehow? I'm not quite satisfied yet.
Seeing that its only 40 kb atm, maybe 1 or 2 more frames can be added to make it blow more smoothly (tho im not animation guru, dont ask me )

Quite a nice sig =]
Old 2008-06-25, 17:30   Link #310
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Climbers View Post
Seeing that its only 40 kb atm, maybe 1 or 2 more frames can be added to make it blow more smoothly (tho im not animation guru, dont ask me )

Quite a nice sig =]
Actually, it's about 48kb...it's a sliced sig. There are 3 different images there.
It'd be kinda difficult to add another frame of animation. Dx
Old 2008-06-25, 17:33   Link #311
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Actually, it's about 48kb...it's a sliced sig. There are 3 different images there.
It'd be kinda difficult to add another frame of animation. Dx
oh shoot did not notice D:

Slicing huh xD Haven't used that for quite a long time (since when is my last animated sig? hmm..)

Well, it looks nice as it is. Good work again.
Old 2008-06-26, 16:28   Link #312
Hakuryu
Klutz

Thanks Icy, I'll keep trying though. I wanna get the flow of her hair to look better too. Dx

Update on drawing stuffs. Here's what I have so far for the line art of Nuregami.
Comments...questions?
-Smaller-

-Huge-
Old 2008-06-26, 17:30   Link #313
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

Think the drawins pretty awesome. Circle shaped lines are a little bit out of shape though. Question, do you use PS or Imageready for it?

But overall very nice indeed!
Old 2008-06-27, 09:56   Link #314
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eps~ View Post
Think the drawins pretty awesome. Circle shaped lines are a little bit out of shape though. Question, do you use PS or Imageready for it?

But overall very nice indeed!
Thanks. ^^
Yeah, I noticed after I finished the line-art that the circles were...deformed.
I use Photoshop and the pen tool to do it. =3
Old 2008-06-27, 14:21   Link #315
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Update on drawing stuffs. Here's what I have so far for the line art of Nuregami.
Comments...questions?
-Smaller-

-Huge-
I think it looks amazing. It's no different than your sketch, with the exception that the lines look smoother (which is an obvious one - a sketch is meant to have rough lines, and computer-done line art will be nearly perfect by comparison). As you know I loved the sketch, and this is 100% faithful to it. Great job! Does that mean that you're largely finished with Nuregami, then? Do you have any plans for who to do next? Don't feel pressured though - if you want to wait a bit to think about character concepts for the other brush gods, then please do so. I'm pretty excited to see who's going to be next and how it'll turn out!
Old 2008-06-27, 14:31   Link #316
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
I think it looks amazing. It's no different than your sketch, with the exception that the lines look smoother (which is an obvious one - a sketch is meant to have rough lines, and computer-done line art will be nearly perfect by comparison). As you know I loved the sketch, and this is 100% faithful to it. Great job! Does that mean that you're largely finished with Nuregami, then? Do you have any plans for who to do next? Don't feel pressured though - if you want to wait a bit to think about character concepts for the other brush gods, then please do so. I'm pretty excited to see who's going to be next and how it'll turn out!
Thank you so much. I'm just surprised that you like my drawings...it's so nice to hear positive feedback for once, y'know? ^^

I'm just about done with Nuregami, I just need to add a few more touch-ups and she's done. As for my next one, that'll be Bakugami, the boar atop the cherry bomb. I'm about 1/3 of the way done with him already. I'll be posting the rough sketch up soon.

And 2 new sigs

Tried the "shiny" approach and failed.
Old 2008-06-27, 15:21   Link #317
Ledgem
Love Yourself

"Positive feedback for once"? You mean that people don't usually praise your works? I'll admit that I'm not an artist, so perhaps there would be minor flaws that I'm missing. But I can't see how people wouldn't like your drawings. They really look amazing. The designs are clean and very pleasing to the eye. Body proportioning is all correct and overall character appearence has a cute sort of look (those are the basics, I suppose), and the character concept seems pretty advanced to me. Of course, I'll be the first to let you know if I perceive something as an error or don't like it quite as much, but so far everything I've praised has been well-deserved. I think that Marina can agree with that, too

For your new signatures I like the top one, and have mixed feelings about the bottom one. The lack of coloration seems to work well with the top one but maybe not quite as well with the bottom one. I think that the ideas are good, though. And I'd agree with saying that they do have that "shiny" appearence to them.
Old 2008-06-27, 16:41   Link #318
Hakuryu
Klutz

No, I acutally get quite the opposite; especially in real life.

I've had people take my sketch book, tear out the pages, and throw them away...not just once either. :/ So it's really wonderful to from you, and others as well, that you do like my drawings. Haha, it makes me want to draw more.

Yes, I noticed the second one didn't work out too. But it was just an experiment, and now I know not to add a certain clipping mask at the end.
Last sig of the day (hopefully)...this has got to be a record for me.
Old 2008-06-27, 18:56   Link #319
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:

Oh wow your animation skill have improved a lot and to be honest your overall skill in general has improved a lot .
Old 2008-06-27, 20:56   Link #320
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
No, I acutally get quite the opposite; especially in real life.

I've had people take my sketch book, tear out the pages, and throw them away...not just once either. :/ So it's really wonderful to from you, and others as well, that you do like my drawings. Haha, it makes me want to draw more.
That's really horrible. You know, I'm really glad that in spite of that opposition, you kept drawing and improving. You should be very proud of yourself for that, too. It isn't easy to keep doing something in the face of opposition and criticism. Having done something similar myself, I respect you quite a bit for having overcome that.

Tags