AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-18, 21:17   Link #81
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
Well 'tsuri' means fishing, and 'tama' can translate to marble, soul, ball, or egg. The English title could be Fishing Soul (I like this one) or Fishing Egg.
Fishing Soul. I like that too! Thanks.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 15:22   Link #82
kuromitsu

After ep 2 there's one thing I'm sure of: this anime has been secretly sponsored by the Enoshima Tourism Committee and the Japanese Anglers' Association. (disclaimer: I don't know if these really exist ^^;; )

I still have no idea what's going on in this show but I really like it.
Spoiler for ep2:

And the OP is so cute.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 16:49   Link #83
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Spoiler for 2:
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 17:24   Link #84
Hakuryu
Klutz

Episode 1 freebies

Old 2012-04-19, 17:38   Link #85
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Much better episode. I'm glad that Yuki addressed Haru's water gun usage since its been bothering me too. Now Haru won't be nearly as irritating. Yuki's character was developed quite a bit and I sympathised with him a lot so I'm really liking him. And man that duck guy is just hilarous. XD
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 17:40   Link #86
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Lol, spotted Ogura Yui right away, as her Sakura sounds almost identical to Yunoha. So that two girls out three that we know about... I really wonder what mole girl's role is in all of this.

And can't forget, that OP with its animation is so darn catchy.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 18:23   Link #87
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Liked the OP. Yuki finally decides to open up. Hope his grandma isn't too sick. Natsuki's got it bad as well, wonder if he realizes his fighting with his father affects his sister as well. Haru's sister also has a gun! So that's how the gun works, kind of funny seeing it in action. Well the 4 are assembled now.
Old 2012-04-19, 19:15   Link #88
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

NoitaminA is so good this season it makes me almost giddy. Two utterly brilliant auteur shows that couldn't be more different.
Old 2012-04-19, 19:30   Link #89
Kakkou
Tch.

Second episode was a good as the first. Things'll only get better now that the cast has officially gathered. The dancing OP was unexpected, which is normal for this show, yet very fitting. I love watching it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
Well 'tsuri' means fishing, and 'tama' can translate to marble, soul, ball, or egg. The English title could be Fishing Soul (I like this one) or Fishing Egg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Fishing Soul. I like that too! Thanks.
In this title's case the kanji for Tama means ball, not soul.
Kakkou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 03:25   Link #90
cyth
Banned

Topioca is super cute. It seems domestic geeses are one of the most aggressive domestic animals. People use them as watch dogs. In any case, we don't want Topioca get pissed off.

EDIT: I guess she's just a duck, not a goose. :V

Last edited by cyth; 2012-04-22 at 02:28.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 07:56   Link #91
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
In this title's case the kanji for Tama means ball, not soul.
Fish ball?? A whimsical title for a whimsical series.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 08:21   Link #92
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I have no idea WTF I'm watching but I love every single bit of it.

I can't wait to learn more about Akira. His introduction was just hilarious. "I'm a 25 years old going to high school with a duck, don't mind it".

I'm only very interested in Yuki's grandma, for more profound reasons. She is hiding her condition from Yuki... that can't mean anything good. I can't really imagine this show taking a dramatic turn, but who knows?
Old 2012-04-20, 10:05   Link #93
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Looks like tuberculosis to me. I'm pleased to see there will be some complexities in the plot, though Keito's illness and Natsuki's discordant home life are somewhat cliche.

So are we to conclude that Haru really is an alien? His sister sure has all the accoutrements like that ridiculous costume. This whole show reminds me some of FLCL in it's style of wacky humor. Like Haak, I'm rather glad Yuki told Haru to put the gun away. Haru has all the self-control of a four-year-old, and it was nice to see Yuki show some backbone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
After ep 2 there's one thing I'm sure of: this anime has been secretly sponsored by the Enoshima Tourism Committee and the Japanese Anglers' Association.
I always thought Bartender was sponsored by the Alcoholic Beverage Distributors Association of Japan, or whatever it might be called.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 11:46   Link #94
ookamigirl

Yuki & Haru, now that's a weird couple.
Natsuki always seems kinda grumpy and disintrested.
Haru is definitely the life of every party/group.
That water gun totally has some special power.
At least Yuki is making some progress.
The weird transfer student Akira seems like a future member of their weird group.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 12:57   Link #95
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I have no idea WTF I'm watching but I love every single bit of it.

I can't wait to learn more about Akira. His introduction was just hilarious. "I'm a 25 years old going to high school with a duck, don't mind it".

I'm only very interested in Yuki's grandma, for more profound reasons. She is hiding her condition from Yuki... that can't mean anything good. I can't really imagine this show taking a dramatic turn, but who knows?
I don't buy Akira saying he's 25, but I guess we'll find out.

I don't feel totally at sea here, I guess because the specifics of the whole alien/save the Earth thing don't feel so crucial to me because I expect them to be basically allegorical anyway. I'm just enjoying the amazing world-building Nakamura is doing, love the characters (and the seiyuu) and Kuricorder Quartet has done an amazing soundtrack.
Old 2012-04-20, 19:37   Link #96
Kirarakim

I like Natsuki & Yuki because I feel I can relate to their personalities & issues.

However I am not too keen on Haru. I like Genki characters & I like myserious characters but I think I just must not like the combination of Genki & mysterious. His character just doesn't do anything for me yet.

I am glad that I finally understand what the water gun does though. I was confused in the 1st episode how we seemed to jump from scene to scene.

Not much to go on with Akira (except he has a cute pet). Although he's the type of mysterious character I am more intrigued by than Haru.
Old 2012-04-21, 00:20   Link #97
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

They look to be the most hilariously dysfunctional group I've seen since... uh... I can't remember? Hell they remind me of some of the Ranma1/2 cast for some damn reason.

I'll say that whatever Yuki's grandmother has, it's probably not TB, as it's comparatively rare already in developed countries, and in those places easy to treat.

Anyway, he says the real story starts in episode 3 so, uh, I'm almost sure that the nature of fishing and it's ability to save the world will be madly interesting.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 01:34   Link #98
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
So are we to conclude that Haru really is an alien? His sister sure has all the accoutrements like that ridiculous costume.
On further reflection, maybe they're both fish. Was she in the bowl in episode one? Haru's fear of cats fits that theory as well.

If so, I think the Keito = princess, Yuki = dragon possibility makes more sense. I don't know where the coughing comes in, though.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 04:10   Link #99
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I don't buy Akira saying he's 25, but I guess we'll find out.
I can't think of any reason for him to lie about his age (except if he wants to stand out more... but the geese should be enough for that), and he does look older than the rest of the cast.
Old 2012-04-22, 10:59   Link #100
mochichan

So..i'm watching the 1st one now tho just because it's NoitaminA
I like it and Haru is cute but it's there going to be more than fishing and slice of life kinda show?
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fishing, friendship, noitamina