AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-01-29, 07:20   Link #19921
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

What if I made it such that both the katana and the weapon in question suffer a minor fracture?

Pin-point strikes usually bypasses armored defenses and hits pretty deep. I'm planning for Tsurugi to literally swing the katana onto Cecilia as she holds up her sniper rifle to block.

(And yeah, they're dueling, in the name of practice since Fal locked Inami out of the Minerva Kai. )
Old 2012-01-29, 07:36   Link #19922
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

You can do that :3

(The rifle doesn't seem to be sturdy though, so admittedly it was the katana who suffer less damage)
Old 2012-01-29, 07:40   Link #19923
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Hmm the magazine features only information that is given to them by the military. It's not going to give detailed stats until the military gives the go ahead. Other private companies can put in as much information about their products as they wish as long as they have the proper rights.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 07:45   Link #19924
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hmm, that does makes sense. Still, that alone would only make a thin tabloid. What about the filler? I'm certain pin up of I.S. rep wouldn't fill more than 10 pages anyway... what should be the filler? :|
Old 2012-01-29, 07:50   Link #19925
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I can imagine that inside each country there'd be news about cadet representatives and the cadet representative candidates. Like some sort of ranking or news like replacing the current rep candidate and stuff. Something like sports mags. Equipment and the athletes who use them I guess?
Old 2012-01-29, 07:59   Link #19926
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
You can do that :3

(The rifle doesn't seem to be sturdy though, so admittedly it was the katana who suffer less damage)
The strike completely jams her rifle from firing. Leaving her with her wing bits while Tsurugi's left with a slightly-damaged katana.
Old 2012-01-29, 08:02   Link #19927
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Both

Definitely works
Old 2012-01-29, 08:32   Link #19928
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Trying to think of a way to have Cecilia getting beaten without any blatant curbstomping but rather with some creativity...

One sword

Vs

1 sniper rifle, 4 wing bits and 2 missile launchers.

Old 2012-01-29, 08:39   Link #19929
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

One word: Ouch

Especially that Uchigane lacked ByakuShiki's speed and one-hit-defeat ability.... just remember Uchigane has defense and endurance, maybe you can solve something with that
Old 2012-01-29, 08:49   Link #19930
demino_hellsin
That one guy

what's the sword user's skill set?
Old 2012-01-29, 08:53   Link #19931
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

@ Zero

Tsurugi manages to remain mobile enough to not get hit by the wing bits. Not as in outright super-speed but more to exploiting the usefulness of the inertial canceller to shift her movement directions frequently to throw off her opponent's aim.

@ Demi

Skill set?
Old 2012-01-29, 08:56   Link #19932
demino_hellsin
That one guy

um... is she like kendo champion? Has had a long time of running IS? had prior live combat experience? piloting history?
Old 2012-01-29, 09:00   Link #19933
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
um... is she like kendo champion? Has had a long time of running IS? had prior live combat experience? piloting history?
She was a kendo instructor at the age of 12 alongside Inami. Barely any IS piloting experience before she came to the Academy.

If dueling practice with live rounds counts as live combat experience then yes, she went through a lot of those during her dueling sessions against the Minerva Kai. (When she's using her Uchigane that is)
Old 2012-01-29, 09:01   Link #19934
demino_hellsin
That one guy

So I take it she knows more than just katas and kendo mats which should help her a lot.
Old 2012-01-29, 09:06   Link #19935
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Especially using a surface bound, defensive unit... footwork will came in handy
Old 2012-01-29, 09:10   Link #19936
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I didn't say she'd win considering they'd most likely be fighting in that empty arena and the uchigane pilot won't be willing to throw her sword... well I just don't quite fancy her chances...
Old 2012-01-29, 09:12   Link #19937
Eratas123

@ Demi - What do you mean too serious? Is there a specific way I should be writing it to make it more comedic?

@ Senpai - Do clones have the exact same gene's as their parents?
Old 2012-01-29, 09:13   Link #19938
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

It'll be one of those badass fights where both parties make the best of whatever they have to fight.

For Tsurugi's case, one of her offensive options is using her katana to deflect shots from the wing bits towards Cecilia, who is pretty much stationary when the wing bits are in use.
Old 2012-01-29, 09:13   Link #19939
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eras: Nah, I really think it's just me after marathoning the last 17 episodes of gundam 00 S2
Old 2012-01-29, 09:17   Link #19940
Eratas123

@ Demi - I really don't understand how I could make it more simple. Words can't look cute, they're not drawings and this isn't 1st person view, so I can't personalize the wording.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest