Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-07-28, 18:59   Link #801
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by versionf View Post
No idea about that. Candidate of Origin itself is still a mystery, Highness became one after defeating Avalon, it was some kind of reward from Ouroboros.
Where did it say that?

Quote:
Actually, personally I think they don't have anything to do with each other. Paradigm Shift wouldn't create something as hax as Candidate of Origin.

Canaria exchanged her spiritual rank and cause a Paradigm Shift in the outside world, but that's another mystery.
Paradigm Shift is clearly related somehow to Candidate of Origin judging from Canaria's words. Besides, we don't know what kind of effects it has or the limits of the abilities it can grant.

Can someone explain again what a Paradigm Shift?
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 19:12   Link #802
versionf

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Where did it say that?
Volume 7.

Quote:
Can someone explain again what a Paradigm Shift?
If I remember correctly, something that caused a shift in history, and make a convergent point in parallel worlds.

Quote:
Paradigm Shift is clearly related somehow to Candidate of Origin judging from Canaria's words. Besides, we don't know what kind of effects it has or the limits of the abilities it can grant.
Well, maybe it has something to do with the creation of Izayoi.

The strongest being born from Paradigm Shift I could think of would be creator deities that created the universe, the reason I think they're unrelated is that would make Candidate of Origin associate with religions which they don't. Their existence is closer to Celestial Spirit ( one of the strongest species ), and Kouryuu suspected Izayoi's body is similar to SonGoku ( she's a half Celestial Spirit ). Maybe they're half Celestial Spirit of Little Garden?

Last edited by versionf; 2013-07-28 at 20:08.
versionf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 21:53   Link #803
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Yeah, probably at vol 2 when Pest attacked. South's Floor Master was defeated at that simultaneous Demon Lord attack. But I don't remember they reveal the community's name so maybe it's a different one. Highness has immunity to bladed objects, and it's the same gift as Surya's lion in former no name, he might have one authority of the sun if they're somehow the same person.
So Highness's immunity to bladed objects is different from his Origin Candidate Gift? Kuro Usagi mentioned a connection between Avalon and holy swords, so Highness's Gift must have come in handy then.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 22:21   Link #804
Jirachier

tbh I'm leaning more toward the fact that Izayoi got his power since birth and not given to him, that's the the only explanation I can think of for Canaria to kidnap him, if she had the gift before she could've just adopted a baby legally or just given it to an already existing member that was with them, plus when Lapp asked her about it she called it Code: Unknown at first and even the second name was just something she came up with, so she didn't even know the true name of the gift.
Jirachier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 22:45   Link #805
versionf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
So Highness's immunity to bladed objects is different from his Origin Candidate Gift? Kuro Usagi mentioned a connection between Avalon and holy swords, so Highness's Gift must have come in handy then.
I don't think Candidate of Origin is a gift, but I have no idea what it is though. Highness was given ( or enshrined(?) 祀り, I think ) the status of Candidate of Origin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
tbh I'm leaning more toward the fact that Izayoi got his power since birth and not given to him, that's the the only explanation I can think of for Canaria to kidnap him, if she had the gift before she could've just adopted a baby legally or just given it to an already existing member that was with them, plus when Lapp asked her about it she called it Code: Unknown at first and even the second name was just something she came up with, so she didn't even know the true name of the gift.
Both are possible, and it doesn't really matter anyway. His power is the trump card they prepared, I think Candidate of Origin is something special even in Little Garden, Shiroyasha doesn't seem to know about it and she's supposedly someone from higher than 4 digits, that or it's because of his hax light pillar. Canaria said even in his current incomplete state his potential doesn't lose to SonGoku, that's really fucking broken already.

Last edited by versionf; 2013-07-29 at 03:39. Reason: haven't slept for 3 days, I'm floating
Old 2013-07-29, 02:53   Link #806
m4rc0s

since everyone is posting their theory .

well, i believe Canaria used all her power to make a paradigm shift and with this shift create a "Candidate of Origin" but she would not have the power to choose who would become the candidate ( maybe even izayoi's gift was just consequence from becoming "Candidate of Origin") . in the end izayoi became the Candidate of Origin and Canaria was forced to take him from his parents.

sorry about my english i'm still learning.
m4rc0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 03:13   Link #807
Bladedknight
Azi GARhaka enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
What was the second name for Izayoi's gift?
Bladedknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 03:19   Link #808
moebius08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladedknight View Post
What was the second name for Izayoi's gift?
Its [Last future of Embryo]
moebius08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 06:35   Link #809
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by moebius08 View Post
Its [Last future of Embryo]
That could be interpreted as something like the final evolutionary form of humanity, but that's a little too similar to Kasakube's gift so I guess not?
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 08:21   Link #810
PinkBunnyChan

Volume 8 prologue is completed in bakatsuki
PinkBunnyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 23:34   Link #811
Bladedknight
Azi GARhaka enthusiast

Quote:
That could be interpreted as something like the final evolutionary form of humanity, but that's a little too similar to Kasakube's gift so I guess not?
Hm, the final evolutionary form of humanity? Well if you go about it that way, then the final evolutionary form of humanity would be someone who would be able to surpass the boundaries of humanity and enter the realm of the gods (or in this case, demon lords) Being able to adapt to everything means nothing would work on him, therefore nullifying gifts that would otherwise work on other people.
Bladedknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 02:52   Link #812
versionf

So...
Spoiler:
Old 2013-07-30, 18:00   Link #813
Jirachier

Quote:
So...
Spoiler:
Spoiler for question:

Also I was wondering about Leticia's power when she's fighting right now she's doing it without her original gift [Lord of Vampires] right ? If so how can she get it back.
Jirachier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 00:40   Link #814
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

how many volumes were adapted for the anime?

(i just recently watched the anime)
Old 2013-07-31, 00:59   Link #815
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
how many volumes were adapted for the anime?

(i just recently watched the anime)
2 vols

vol2 is the only vol to be completely translated.
Old 2013-07-31, 07:43   Link #816
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
2 vols

vol2 is the only vol to be completely translated.

i guess i need to look more in this thread to get the latest updates on these light novel
Old 2013-07-31, 14:12   Link #817
Allen
メインヒロイン

I shouldn't be posting here considering that I didn't manage to finish the summary for volume 7 (Good job on finishing it @versionf!), but yeah, I just finished reading the last volume so...

Spoiler for Volume 8:
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 14:55   Link #818
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post
I shouldn't be posting here considering that I didn't manage to finish the summary for volume 7 (Good job on finishing it @versionf!), but yeah, I just finished reading the last volume so...

Spoiler for Volume 8:
What about Kuro Usagi? Is there anything happened to her?
Old 2013-07-31, 15:24   Link #819
Allen
メインヒロイン

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
What about Kuro Usagi? Is there anything happened to her?
She just remembered what Izayoi said and run away with Pest later.

In the latter half of the volume she had a talk with Shiroyasha about the future of the lower region (flashback), but nothing really important.
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 15:52   Link #820
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post
She just remembered what Izayoi said and run away with Pest later.

In the latter half of the volume she had a talk with Shiroyasha about the future of the lower region (flashback), but nothing really important.
That's all? I was expecting some more introspection about how she lost her powers at the worst possible time, about Izayoi's sacrifice ,etc.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate world, sneaker bunko