AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 54 45.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 30.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 14.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 7.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.52%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-11-26, 22:37   Link #41
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Either way, she'll be playing that type of character again And I'm all for VA jokes, so lets bring Accelerator in on this ...Somehow.
I can't imagine Accelerator with Usui's type of character. If we're going by seiyuu jokes, it'll be Accel and Touma both vying for Seiri's affections, which is weird, to say the least...
Old 2010-11-26, 23:07   Link #42
Oberon

I haven't read any of the novels or kept up with spoilers concerning "what should be happening", so I didn't have any expectations. I had a blast watching this episode. It conveyed nicely that all sorts of stuff happens while the main character is doing his routine. There was fanservice, the were plenty of funny character moments, they even set up the plot without endless exposition recitals. I really liked it.

I can see that people are disappointed when personal favorite scenes get cut (I had the same experience with plenty of other series), but from a non-readers perspective, I thought the Remnant arc and now this episode did plenty of things right.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 23:45   Link #43
Johnny
Working the bags...

All I seen this episode was boobs, so it was an awesome episode. I cracked up when Touma answered yes when asked about the kiss...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 23:57   Link #44
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Well, with the health products, won't you think that Seiri would be saying 'Onegai, please can you keep my secret?'
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 00:10   Link #45
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Oh my.. the Misaka's... Like Mother, Like Daughter... TROUBLE !!!
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 00:30   Link #46
Arkard

Heh. The Mikoto/Touma antics never fail to crack me up. From their parents overhearing them talk about their "penalty" game to Kuroko becoming enraged after seeing Touma getting pampered after the Borrowed Item race.

I can already guess where this is going. Next stop = awkward meeting with the parents and Touma losing his penalty game because he's too busy saving the world/city/random person, existence, and/or stray animal?
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 00:30   Link #47
Primary Consult

I like where this is going... I'll probably spare myself novel spoilers for a while, the stuff that was posted as being cut out, I don't really mind for now.
And the little side-moments: Misaka-no-okaasan and Kamijou-no-otousan, perhaps it is a genetic attraction between bloodlines
And Aisa actually has some lines!

Kuroko's reaction to the indirect kiss was awesome. Touma's luck that Tokiwadai's ace would be featured on the big screen at that moment.
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 01:26   Link #48
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Fuckin hotness everywhere this episode.

Titties left and god damn right.

I like the new chick, she dresses up like a slutty painter, haha.

<3

(Is the OST out for this yet?)

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!

Last edited by Master Chibi; 2010-11-27 at 01:51.
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 01:53   Link #49
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Oh wow now I got the VA joke. If they push through it Accelarator might just come in to tease Fukiyose ) imagine how that would work. And Touma's actually Fukiyose's childhood friend who went to the mountains and came back to find her love... only to find a nun in his apartment and a middle schooler stalking him....

I didn't know Index was this complicated.
Old 2010-11-27, 02:09   Link #50
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkard View Post
Heh. The Mikoto/Touma antics never fail to crack me up. From their parents overhearing them talk about their "penalty" game to Kuroko becoming enraged after seeing Touma getting pampered after the Borrowed Item race.

I can already guess where this is going. Next stop = awkward meeting with the parents and Touma losing his penalty game because he's too busy saving the world/city/random person, existence, and/or stray animal?
Missed Kuroko's rant though with Uiharu worrying about her.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 02:15   Link #51
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
Oh wow now I got the VA joke. If they push through it Accelarator might just come in to tease Fukiyose ) imagine how that would work. And Touma's actually Fukiyose's childhood friend who went to the mountains and came back to find her love... only to find a nun in his apartment and a middle schooler stalking him....

I didn't know Index was this complicated.
Damn it, Touma! Don't cry!! DON'T YOU DARE DO IT!!! Oh wait, he did.

Knowing that JC staff likes to work with people that they're familiar with, expect to see some familiar names.

Bring on gender equality, for the punches that Touma and Accelerator gives the girls in the previous 2 arcs, Seiri repaided Touma with 2 of her own.
Old 2010-11-27, 02:19   Link #52
choopo

cannot wait for Seiri beaten up Delta force
choopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 02:46   Link #53
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

well touma's and accel's VA have been putted together in lots of animes, and the character situations are very different to be considered a seiyuu joke.

on another note, when touma and Co. entered the field i could almost hear touma saying "just who the hell you think we are!?".
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 02:51   Link #54
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Thank goodness i haven't read the novel so i wouldn't be complaining of what they got rid of since i enjoyed this episode very much.

I love the Touma x Mikoto and Touma x Seiri moments especially the latter since it reminds me of Maid sama.
Old 2010-11-27, 02:53   Link #55
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Now on seeing zenisely's avatar, it reminds me of what Kuroko did in this episode. Someone please make a GIF for it? I'll fund it.
Old 2010-11-27, 02:58   Link #56
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
I thought this was quite a good episode, but still, a lot of things were cut. Some more excerpts for comparison:

Aleister's conversation with Laura:
Spoiler for volume 9 commence hostilities:

Original scene before the Pole Assault match starts:

Pole assault battle:

Touma walking in on Fukiyose:
I know what it is, pal. But, it is better if you could put away of your petty complains on its anime series for cutting short of the LN's plots into the anime version for a while, will ya? Cause J.C. are doing this in the anime as a so-called summary of the LN. Like Suzuku said, so do the season 1. Meaning that J.C. did the same in season 2 as they did in season 1.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 02:59   Link #57
Minagi Mikoto

I gave it a 9/10. maybe the correct one was 9.5/10 because I really enjoyed this episode but desperately wanted to see what happens next because they didn't show much serious things this time.

Best parts of this episode:

1) Fukiyose Seiri! She is just GREAT!!!

2) Komoe-sensei caring for her students!

That part when Touma and Mikoto's parents met was also good. This new magician (or should I call her ero-magician?!) seems interesting as well.
Minagi Mikoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 03:02   Link #58
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Misaka Misuzu is win, I hope Mikoto grows into her figure.
Old 2010-11-27, 03:11   Link #59
tsunade666

Seiri and Komoe took the episode for me.

Well Seeing Touma troubled all the time is quite nice. Sakuya Remilia = Kuroko Oneesama
Old 2010-11-27, 03:23   Link #60
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Anyway, I gave it a 10/10.

Mizusu (Mikoto's mom) is a win indeed, Fenrir. Well we better hope so. Hope that Mikoto will grow as hot as her mom in the future. Damn! I guess both Touma's and Mikoto's dad are a real lucky bastards for able to get their hands to marry a hot wife respectively.

Fukiyose Seiri is a bomb!!!

LOL! Touma is sure a one lucky son of a gun. Honestly, he's the one who stole the show in most of the time with girls. Seriously, he's acting like a hero in this episode. He even got an indirect kiss from Mikoto (leading the jealous Kuroko vow to kill that "barbarian"), got a kiss from Index, and he nearly kissed Seiri.

Man, I love it!!!

As for the Pole Assault part. YEEEEAAAHH! That was magnificently kickass. Especially the Touma's school team's charging brawl. There are like "FOR MOTHER RUSSIA!!!!"
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote