Notices

Old 2011-06-12, 19:23   Link #1801
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 21:
Old 2011-06-12, 20:59   Link #1802
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

That... was awesome. Oh man. I loved how it linked back to the previous arc too. And for the kid to be Leviathan's, that was a shocker too.

Anyway, I think they did a really good job here. They touched on everything just enough for it to all flow without leaving any major questions.
Old 2011-06-12, 21:10   Link #1803
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_sora View Post
So Brian Roscoe has a twin? Which one is Cordelia's boyfriend? I'm guessing the one who hated Victorique.
First we have to find out which one Cordelia knew before her unfortunate kidnapping.
Old 2011-06-12, 23:50   Link #1804
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_sora View Post
So Brian Roscoe has a twin? Which one is Cordelia's boyfriend? I'm guessing the one who hated Victorique.
I vote for positive one since he was sitting the closest to her and got annoyed when negative one interrupted.
Old 2011-06-13, 01:35   Link #1805
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I vote for positive one since he was sitting the closest to her and got annoyed when negative one interrupted.
Wouldn't the boyfriend have a more obvious reason for hating Victorique, though?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 01:54   Link #1806
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Maybe they're both her boyfriends.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 07:01   Link #1807
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

The revelations of the multiple switches of Queen Coco and Brian Roscoe really being a twin makes me goes
Kopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 07:05   Link #1808
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Wouldn't the boyfriend have a more obvious reason for hating Victorique, though?
No the boyfriend should hate the rapist and not the child. Boyfriend would also abide by the feelings of his gf.

Both prob have feelings for her but positive one is prob the bf.
Old 2011-06-13, 11:58   Link #1809
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
No the boyfriend should hate the rapist and not the child. Boyfriend would also abide by the feelings of his gf.

Both prob have feelings for her but positive one is prob the bf.
That's certainly a positive spin on human nature. I'm skeptical.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 14:37   Link #1810
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I say they both like her but neither of which are in a relationship with her.
Old 2011-06-13, 20:00   Link #1811
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
That's certainly a positive spin on human nature. I'm skeptical.
No. It's called "My way or the highway." She's not going to be in a relationship with someone who hates her daughter. Neg Brian said "my hated Victorique" with a smile so he prob doesn't hate her now. He's prob jealous that Cordelia thinks too much about her and not enough about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I say they both like her but neither of which are in a relationship with her.
She had a happy smile and was humming with both of them there....

I vote for both of them are the bfs to make this interesting. Positive one got more quality time. "Your dear Victorique" gives him brownie points.
Old 2011-06-13, 20:14   Link #1812
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The Bells of the Holy Night Urge the Time Forward

So, ladies and gentlemen, another mystery arc has come and gone.

The surprises were unexpected, and with just applying a little bit of common sense after paying attention to Victorique's detailed explanation about the mystery to Coco all the loose pieces presented fall in the right place.

Spoiler:

All right, so we had for this episode that Brian has a...
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 04:52   Link #1813
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
But really, before the last episode I know of no hint that there might have been two Brians. And the very idea that they would happen to come upon the mother and son right then is silly -- to say nothing of how unlikely it is that the mother and son would stay in that area. But maybe this is Dickensian coincidence, lol.
I think there was a hint of the two Brians at Beelzebub's Skull. At one point Kujo left Vicky alone to follow Brian, whom he saw through a window. Moments later, Brian was beside Victorique. It was too fast even for a magician, but back then I thought he used a projector like in the 1914 case.
Then there was the scene with the two Brians in episode 20. Initially I thought that he just used a shortcut after showing the way to Kujo but some people started suspecting of a twin because a similar trick was used in the movie The Prestige.

I agree with you that meeting the real Coco and her son on the carriage was way too convenient. But I am willing to disregard that because I found this episode really intense and well played.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 07:58   Link #1814
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
I think there was a hint of the two Brians at Beelzebub's Skull. At one point Kujo left Vicky alone to follow Brian, whom he saw through a window. Moments later, Brian was beside Victorique. It was too fast even for a magician,
I mentioned that scene in an earlier post about hints of there being 2 Brians. I'm glad you got the same reaction I did from that scene.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 16:54   Link #1815
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Spoiler for Two Brians:
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 19:00   Link #1816
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I mentioned that scene in an earlier post about hints of there being 2 Brians. I'm glad you got the same reaction I did from that scene.
Damn you clones!

Either way, this was one of the most messed up murder stories I've ever heard. Well... plenty of weirder stuff coming out of real life. But still.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 19:56   Link #1817
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

There is however something I don't understand. How could the King mistake another person for his wife? And how nobody noticed not even after the body was preserved and all?

If it was that easy it becomes all kind of ironic... the french emissary could have been fooled as well, there was no need to kill another person.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 22:11   Link #1818
king12354

From what I gather, the King killed Coco Rose (or the maid impersonating as the queen) so he wasn't mistaken at all, he played along the charade to prevent the scandal from being known. But if you meant why he didn't know the queen was fake, I would guess the maid just stuck her neck out and didn't say anything.

I would also guess that he threatened anyone who was close to the Queen in order for the truth not to be revealed.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 22:18   Link #1819
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Let's see, here is what I can deduced, the king wants to kill the real Coco, but Coco escaped with her son and the king killed the queen's double (the maid) instead. To cover up the story, the king use Nico to substitute. The plan could not work for long and the king have Nico killed, then fabricate a cover up story to cover up the whole scandal.

And the theaters rip all the profits
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 00:47   Link #1820
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Let's see, here is what I can deduced, the king wants to kill the real Coco, but Coco escaped with her son and the king killed the queen's double (the maid) instead. To cover up the story, the king use Nico to substitute. The plan could not work for long and the king have Nico killed, then fabricate a cover up story to cover up the whole scandal.

And the theaters rip all the profits
That's exactly how I got it, but the question still remains, how come the king and everyone else who tended the body didn't notice that the corpse was that of a maid and not the one of the Queen? Especially considering that they should have also noticed the sudden "disappearance" of the Queen's closest maid.

Supposing they noticed, how come they didn't try to track down the real Queen? It would have been quite a risk to leave her running around with a bastard child and the risk that someone would recognize her thus letting the schandal run amok in the kingdom.

The other hypothesis is that the king knew everything all along and did it precisely so that the Queen could escape. But that doesn't match with Victorique saying that the King killed the "Queen" on an impulse. If it was so then he wasn't part of any charade. Also in that case it would have been a lot more simple to use the maid as a cover to begin with rather than going all the trouble to find another one. So no this hypothesis really doesn't work.

Another possibility is that the King while raging killed the maid before looking closely at her face, and only then he noticed. I guess that's the most probable conclusion but it's still a wonder how the Queen managed to get away with it, and more importantly... there was little point in preserving that body then...

Also.. what was the point of that will?

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, horror, light novel adaptation, school life, shounen