AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2011-10-16, 17:02   Link #8461
xellos2099

New Chapter Spoiler:

Spoiler for spoiler:
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 14:17   Link #8462
Shadow5YA

A helluva maid!
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 15:07   Link #8463
Mentar
Banned

I remember that I thought 2-3 weeks ago "about the issue of 'too much characters', what about that throwaway Fumi and her friend?" Well, there she is.

o Tick Isumi
o Tick Sakuya
o Tick Fumi

*hopes that we'll reach the end of the list soon*
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 16:40   Link #8464
Shadow5YA

I found what Nagi said at the end of the chapter a bit touching, if also sad.
Old 2011-10-18, 18:47   Link #8465
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Nagi's words are very touching... yeah! I agree.... and I just realized that both Nagi and Sakuya don't have mother anymore
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 20:36   Link #8466
Shadow5YA

Nagi's deceased mother was brought up several times in the series, but I completely forgot about Sakuya.
Old 2011-10-18, 21:47   Link #8467
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

°Д°
I just loved that part.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 22:00   Link #8468
Sol Falling

lol, Good chapter, and quite funny. Fumi, in particular, is a complete mystery. It's true that Hayate in general has a rather large cast, and that it's taking a lot of maintenance to spread the focus evenly. However, I've always found Fumi rather strange and unfathomable precisely because Hata hasn't seemed to have remotely tried to introduce a purpose for her in the story. The way that, in this chapter, her face/existence got reduced to nothing but a caricature of an emoticon was rather hilarious actually. As part of only a semi-serious narrative, if this joke was really the reason why Fumi was put in this story then I will have to give it to Hata, because I dunno if I could think of anything that would be much more satirical than that.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 01:34   Link #8469
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Nagi's words are very touching... yeah! I agree.... and I just realized that both Nagi and Sakuya don't have mother anymore
It was touching, and yes, Maria's all that to her, but it doesn't look like Sakuya's got that kind of relationship with Chiharu.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 05:31   Link #8470
HasuMasu
*Artist

Very nice chapter, I don't even care if this isn't going anywhere anymore.
Old 2011-10-19, 08:30   Link #8471
madmac

Quote:
lol, Good chapter, and quite funny. Fumi, in particular, is a complete mystery. It's true that Hayate in general has a rather large cast, and that it's taking a lot of maintenance to spread the focus evenly. However, I've always found Fumi rather strange and unfathomable precisely because Hata hasn't seemed to have remotely tried to introduce a purpose for her in the story. The way that, in this chapter, her face/existence got reduced to nothing but a caricature of an emoticon was rather hilarious actually. As part of only a semi-serious narrative, if this joke was really the reason why Fumi was put in this story then I will have to give it to Hata, because I dunno if I could think of anything that would be much more satirical than that.
Fumi's pointlessness as a character is primarily what makes her funny, I think. Mind you, she came in 11th place in the last character poll, which is undoubtedly the main reason for her return. I'm pretty sure she mostly built her popularity off her omake/websunday comic appearances, because the 4 panel format generally seems to fit her best.

Speaking of, back when Hata was doing Q&A sessions on his blog, somebody asked him about spin off comics, and he threw out three ideas:

1. A Hina/Yukiji comic, because there's more backstory there then he'll ever fit into this one.

2. A comic based around Athena/Machina and Isumi/Sakuya, presumably with a supernatural adventure bent.

3. A Fumi/Sharuna gag comic for a younger audience titled something like "Whatever You Like is Ok."

Personally, I'd read all of them, but they can also be taken as "Things that won't get much focus in this manga" if you want to read into it.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 04:58   Link #8472
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ I would definitely read all of those.

They must be written.
Old 2011-10-20, 09:39   Link #8473
Shadow5YA

I don't see why he can't put the third idea into a series of 4-koma omakes at the end of each tankoubon.
Old 2011-10-20, 16:52   Link #8474
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmac View Post
2. A comic based around Athena/Machina and Isumi/Sakuya, presumably with a supernatural adventure bent.
I'll take that without the Isumi/Sakuya part. In exchange Hata can have my money. All of it.
Old 2011-10-23, 14:47   Link #8475
Shadow5YA

Oh hey, Hata actually drew out Luka's doujin.
Old 2011-10-23, 15:36   Link #8476
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Spoiler for 342:
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 15:58   Link #8477
Mentar
Banned

I feel I understand exactly what Hayate felt when Nagi passed on the manga to him, because it's got to be what I felt after reading c342.

That's it? The celebratory chapter after 7 years of serialization?

Somehow I seriously feel despair increasingly gnawing at my bone. What the hell has happened to this show, which i so loved and whose chapters I eagerly anticipated raw? At the moment I'm almost worried to open the scanlations, because the chance it high that it's merely going to lead to another disappointment.

Part of me wants some editor to face Hata and to ask him "For real now. Are you satisfied with your latest chapters? What do you think how satisfied your fans are?"
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 19:21   Link #8478
Sol Falling

lol. Nagi's manga might be terrible, but at least I for one find them uproariously funny. Of course, that's a bit meta however in that I'm not sure Nagi's aiming for comedy in the first place.

We've got yet another new female character? I'm thinking she might be another tenant. Of course, living in a tent doesn't inspire confidence that she'd be able to afford even the 40000 yen per month rent, but if she's genuinely interested in Nagi's manga, that might be interesting (or, alternatively, she's another sleeper agent that has something to do with that two-faced girl with the robots like from when Hayate and Luka first met each other).

Well, for the 7th anniversary chapter this did feel a bit uneventful aside from Nagi's manga. Luka's doujin was pretty cute/fun on the side as well though. I guess I'll just wait to see what happens with the new girl.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 20:00   Link #8479
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Another new character?

I know she was foreshadowed a bit earlier, but goddammit. Enough of this.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 04:35   Link #8480
HasuMasu
*Artist

Luka's manga was beast.

Tags
comedy, shounen