Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-04-07, 06:09   Link #1
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
[Manga/Spoilers] The Arsenal thread!

Here you can talk about weapons, how they would benefit a character, make your favorite lists and discuss or ask questions about the Narutoverse's weapons!

And to start the discussion, what do -you- think would be the best arsenal for Shikamaru ?

I'll put a first suggestion:

-A jouhyou (Slap me if I didn't get the spelling right), you know, that sort of sting attached to a rope... basically meaning it should greatly increase Kage mane's range.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 11:58   Link #2
poolfan
NOOB

Shikamaru should use those big-assed fuuma shurikens and kagebunshined them to provide lots of shade.
poolfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 20:52   Link #3
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Well, the thread doesn't seem like it's stimulating a lot of interest.

Oh well.

I find it hard to believe Shika doesn't always carry at least two flash bombs with him. If you trigger them at the same time, not only do you extend your shadow and that of your enemy, but you also create another shadow (two lightsources = two shadows)

Which could have one hell of a synergy with Kage mane
Old 2007-04-07, 20:59   Link #4
Missilebuster
gg, uninstall

naruto needs himself a set o blades for wind slashing and the likes (like that dead guy - insertrandomjapanesenamehere) and some special kunais he can hiraishin to. Sakura needs to find something that makes her un-useless, sasuke needs to lay off the bamf pills, and sai needs to get a dildo or something... cz he's like that.

"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
~Spike Spiegel
Missilebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 02:09   Link #5
baalthaczaar

naruto should borrow asuma's (well..shika's now) trench knives put his chakra onto it an make two swords, considering his amount of chakra is infinite with the help of the kyuubi. although it would take away from the 'brawler' aspect of naruto's fighting style, at least he has something else rather than his shadow clones. well let's face it he doesnt have a jutsu in his arsenal that can match up to sasuke. especially sexy no jutsu and harem no justu (cuz sasuke's a gay).
[maybe if he learns orioke - otoko no kodoushi no jutsu from konohamaru]
baalthaczaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 03:46   Link #6
Master zoid pilot

Send a message via AIM to Master zoid pilot Send a message via MSN to Master zoid pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by baalthaczaar View Post
naruto should borrow asuma's (well..shika's now) trench knives put his chakra onto it an make two swords, considering his amount of chakra is infinite with the help of the kyuubi. although it would take away from the 'brawler' aspect of naruto's fighting style, at least he has something else rather than his shadow clones. well let's face it he doesnt have a jutsu in his arsenal that can match up to sasuke. especially sexy no jutsu and harem no justu (cuz sasuke's a gay).
[maybe if he learns orioke - otoko no kodoushi no jutsu from konohamaru]
You have heard of Rasengan right?
Master zoid pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 04:21   Link #7
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

---

Naruto:

Well, as much as I agree with Rasengan being a great and awesome move/jutsu, it's not unpredictable enough for it to provide the diversity required in a advanced ninja fight.

I mean, rasengan's great, but once he does that, it's really just a straightforward attack, and he can only synergize it with kage bunshin.

What could be interesting is using flash bombs in conjunction with kagebunshins and Rasen-shuriken/Oodama Rasengan/Rasengan.

Maybe there are other weapons Naruto could use that are appropriate besides the famous kunai/shuriken ninja gear.

---

Shika:

Shuriken bunshins could be a great way to increase a shadows area. But to be frank, I'm not sure the shadow's speed can keep up with the shurikens.

I think Shika should be jumping around a lot more in open battle under the sun. As in, jumping would help his shadow area grow bigger, and according to where he jumps, his shadow could get closer to his target.

Those chakra trench knives are of course a beautiful addition to his arsenal.

What about smoke bombs?
Old 2007-04-08, 11:56   Link #8
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

would smoke bombs actually do anything? I mean if he could trigger them way high up in the air or something w/ his chakra, but on the ground, smoke doesn't creat a shadow on the ground does it?
Old 2007-04-08, 12:16   Link #9
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Frenchie View Post
Well, the thread doesn't seem like it's stimulating a lot of interest.

Oh well.

I find it hard to believe Shika doesn't always carry at least two flash bombs with him. If you trigger them at the same time, not only do you extend your shadow and that of your enemy, but you also create another shadow (two lightsources = two shadows)

Which could have one hell of a synergy with Kage mane
Yeah, but when the light disappears, so does the shadow. I don't think he can maintain oversized shadows. He should carry powerful light source who can last longer.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 17:50   Link #10
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
since ino doesn't do much anyway just have her stand behind him with search light.
or have chouji grow double sise and block the sun

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 19:01   Link #11
Rahan

Now, the question is : "does Kishi hate kunoichis enough to turn Ino into a lamppost ?"
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 21:46   Link #12
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

no, the kunoichis are stereotyped as medical nin- with about one excetion so far. - ten ten. But, a lampost would be usefull would it not???
Old 2007-04-08, 21:46   Link #13
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Now, the question is : "does Kishi hate kunoichis enough to turn Ino into a lamppost ?"
he did say that he doesn't like to draw women, which makes me wonder.....

jokes aside i think the the weapons that shikamaru has now are good for him. they absorb his kage chakra.

since they are ninjas, they are suppose to be skilled at every weapon.

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 19:24   Link #14
baalthaczaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master zoid pilot View Post
You have heard of Rasengan right?
who hasn't? but do you really think sasuke's just gonna stand there and be like "oh no a rasengan!.....ahhhhhhh-m dead. X( "

right now shika has a better chance of defeating sasuke.

the only thing with naruto is that he has near infinite amount of chakra. and whose to say that sasuke cant seal that away like oro did during the forest of death exam. now what?

and also. maybe oro would be sasuke's version of naruto's kyuubi. (the whole theory of the tailed beast in another thread. yamata no orochi being the eight tailed beast.) well...since we know nothing about it.
Old 2007-04-10, 10:57   Link #15
Master zoid pilot

Send a message via AIM to Master zoid pilot Send a message via MSN to Master zoid pilot
Quote:
who hasn't? but do you really think sasuke's just gonna stand there and be like "oh no a rasengan!.....ahhhhhhh-m dead. X( "

right now shika has a better chance of defeating sasuke.
No he doesn't have to stand there. Does anybody stay still when some one is trying to hit them with a jutsu?

I wouldn't stand still if Shikamaru was trying to catch me in his Kage mane that's why he uses objects to make more shadows to try and catch people. Naruto uses his kage bunshin to trick people(no matter how over used).
Old 2007-04-10, 13:17   Link #16
baalthaczaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master zoid pilot View Post
No he doesn't have to stand there. Does anybody stay still when some one is trying to hit them with a jutsu?

I wouldn't stand still if Shikamaru was trying to catch me in his Kage mane that's why he uses objects to make more shadows to try and catch people. Naruto uses his kage bunshin to trick people(no matter how over used).
uhmm...i thought that it was obvious that i was being sarcastic about the "just standing" part. my point was that naruto doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of defeating sasuke with just his rasengan and kagebunshins. he needs to mix it up a little bit, maybe throw a new jutsu or so. (since he cant use fuuton rasenshuriken anymore or even if he could only as a last resort.)

cuz lets face it a near infinite amount of chakra isnt gonna cut it for naruto anymore, if he really wants to become hokage and defeat the akatsuki and save sasuke.
Old 2007-04-11, 01:20   Link #17
Master zoid pilot

Quote:
uhmm...i thought that it was obvious that i was being sarcastic about the "just standing" part. my point was that naruto doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of defeating sasuke with just his rasengan and kagebunshins. he needs to mix it up a little bit, maybe throw a new jutsu or so. (since he cant use fuuton rasenshuriken anymore or even if he could only as a last resort.)

cuz lets face it a near infinite amount of chakra isnt gonna cut it for naruto anymore, if he really wants to become hokage and defeat the akatsuki and save sasuke.
LOL yeah I guess I did see it but read to much into it.

I get your point I'd agree.
Old 2007-04-11, 03:30   Link #18
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Hell yes, Ino as lampost ? She gets my vote anyday ! :3

----

BariPhillis: I imagine smoke bombs would probably clutter and fade the sun rays, and wouldn't help much. I see your point.

Rahan: Hmm, I'm pretty sure he can maintain oversized shadows. We've seen him use the flash bombs to capture the three Sound summons from his first fight as team leader/Chuunin. Once the flash bomb fades, the kage mane's still in place.

Hm.. what did you guys think of the decapitating knife ? Good weapon ?

----

For Naruto, he needs to get a weapon, Sasuke has a great synergy going with his katana/chidori. Naruto needs to find something like that.

Perhaps in his next training he will embed his wind chakra in shurikens ? Heh, that would be nice to see.
Old 2007-04-11, 06:18   Link #19
Ryukage
Dragon of the Shadows

Send a message via AIM to Ryukage
I hope Naruto makes big ass wind swords from Asuma's knifes. Or has something similar made for him.

Wind > Lightning. He'll have an advantage

EDIT: Also adds to his brawler fighting style with the movement of his fists.
Ryukage is offline   Reply With Quote