AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2014-12-30, 08:41   Link #55641
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

That's not something the girls, especially Chifuyu, would be looking forward to. But crack is crack still, so I 'unno.
Old 2014-12-30, 12:45   Link #55642
bitmeister
Expert Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
He must protect all the men who are being abused by women using his manly IS. He will save dudes in distress from the tyranny of evil bitches and maybe... just maybe... he'll get the guy in the end.
Excuse me, while I go die from laughter. Because that is an amazing idea for role reversal.
Old 2014-12-30, 20:56   Link #55643
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

Quote:
He must protect all the men who are being abused by women using his manly IS. He will save dudes in distress from the tyranny of evil bitches and maybe... just maybe... he'll get the guy in the end.
Omg lol, why did I not think of that soon I think I`ll have put him as one of Harem Kings in crossover fic. That`s where my humor will be tested.

Lately, I`ve been busy making icecream and I cooked a lot of food during Christmas and this time New Year`s Eve! *sighs*. Sucks to have this kind of skill as a college student
Chevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-31, 00:15   Link #55644
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

The humor of the situation alone should help with that.

Even trying to seriously consider a story for that situation has me shaking my head. I need more crack.
Old 2014-12-31, 02:27   Link #55645
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Dan: (gets a chill down his spine)

Seriously, though. Guys like that don't get the girl.
http://youtu.be/sao5wDGq7_k
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-31, 04:09   Link #55646
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Have we imagine Ichika in a GTA-like story? With all the guns and money and etc.?
Old 2014-12-31, 04:14   Link #55647
demino_hellsin
That one guy

... Ichika... really? That Ichika repping the hood? Drive-bys would be more common than shopping trips if that were the case.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-31, 05:57   Link #55648
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Meanwhile~! Just a couple of passing-through crackless IS ideas...

Spoiler for Impulse:

Spoiler for Arbiter:
Old 2014-12-31, 06:52   Link #55649
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I've also just realized how much more useful the retrofitted F35 is at being a "special weapons platform" rather than a command vehicle. Fits in with the fact that only the local techie loves the craft while everyone else wants a 22.

*sees SMS breath a sigh of relief*

Also, more stats for the factbook:

G2 IS are capable of Mach 3 supercruising while being slightly more maneuverable than an F22 at that speed. Equipped with extra saphirum cannisters, a G2 IS can "stratojump", propelling itself at speeds up to Mach 13 in a suborbital arc and circumnavigate the globe very rapidly before dropping down into the target zone. The cannisters are then jettisoned and the IS instantly ready for the mission. Some later G2 IS models have particle capacitors that allow for shorter jumps which means they can retreat or engage on their own without having to refuel.
Old 2014-12-31, 10:57   Link #55650
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Happy new years all. Hope to work with you all in the year to come.
Old 2014-12-31, 15:04   Link #55651
Eratas123

Does Senpai still go here?
Old 2014-12-31, 18:12   Link #55652
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Almost never. He hangs out around the gundam thread thouhh so maybe you can catch him there
Old 2014-12-31, 21:30   Link #55653
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
Robert Frost
Chains… I see chains. A square, a cube, a tesseract… Infinite, endless, eternal, unlimited, everlasting, without end… In a flash, now I see its smallest links, down to the oxidized spots… The next moment, the continuous geometric transformation once again happens before my eyes… But what is wrapped by it? I see nothing…
Our story started in Kyoto, the country’s old capital, and now still a bustling port city. In here, time is ambiguous: On one hand, the castles, temples and even the customs seemed still in their undisturbed slumber. But on the other side, the city continuously expand its boundaries while shorten the Destruction-Creation cycle. This was a place where the beat of modern lives constantly drummed in each and everyone’s heart on the day, only to be replaced by the melodies of cello, saxophones and pianos at night – The Jazz Kissa were still standing there like the art that they presented.
It was a hot summer night, when wind had just begun its favorite composition of rustled wind. Light had already gone out in the neighbor, and everyone deep in dreams. Except one. His face was obscured by the leaves, saved his eyes: They were bright, luminous so. But like sunset, an unwavering sadness casted upon them.
He brought up a pipe that seemed quite worn out – under moonlight, scratches appeared like scars on the varnish surface. But when he struck the first note, all suspicion was replaced with admiration.
There wasn’t a humanly tune. We couldn’t even call it music. It came and went like the wind, eurhythmic but also fragile and unpredictable. If nature could sing, this was its song. For us, it instantly sneaked its way into our hearts. Our ears thirsted of this nectar like bee to honey. This, coupled with a young boy – a forest elf would be more appropriate – was playing it created an enchanting illusion.
The rhythm suddenly got higher and higher, until it compared to gales. A Tengu screech. The climax was near. And just when it was right on the cliff… It broke, like glass under hailstorm. Then, everything went down to silent. The play was end by a raven’s cries.
The flautist gazed to the moon. It was the 14th of a Lunar month, but it was pale like the death, more dark than light…
“I’m home!” Cold stone tingled her foot, and the familiar smell of wood rushed to her nostrils. A figure was sitting in the middle of it, the only rays of sun that managed to sneak in danced on the threads.
Despite the darkness, Houki managed to navigate through the cramped room – Covered all four walls were unfinished musical instruments, mostly unstring.
“Already home so soon?” The figure raised a scalpel, the reflected light making Houki squinted her eyes. With surgical precision, the artist cut down a piece of the thread, before letting it flew away. The strings fell straight down, thus earned a disappointed sigh of its maker.
“Ichika” Houki officiously put a hand on his shoulder. “Why don’t you take a rest. Aunt Yukiko made some delicious food.”
“Just a few more. I’m almost done.” Another thread, this time fly straight out of the window. ”I tried to weave silk with bamboo, but I can’t seem to find the perfect ratio.” That explained the dozen of strings before Ichika.
“How is Tokyo?”
“It’s noisy and crowded and dusty.” Houki actively avoided Ichika’s knowing gaze by focus on his work: A Futozao which was taut with cat skin. The sao, which was made of ivory, had two of three strings.
“Let me guess… You stayed at the shrine all the time, again? That is a waste.” Finally, Ichika had found a string that descended down in a waving fashion. He giddily stretched it between two sticks and applied various level of force onto it. A very sharp and sweet sound.
“… Did you read my mind?”
“That’s just you.”
There was something divine in the way he worked. It was like someone dreaming in the daylight. His eyes closed, but his mind fully opened to the unseen world.
Houki decided not to disturb her friend anymore. “Fine, then, but you will have to eat microwaved.”
“That is fine.” His face light up a bit. Now she really want to get out of here. It’s all because of that smile: While it was very bright, his sad eyes lengthen his face, created an unwavering depressed expression.
And it made her blush.
A panoply stand in the middle of the room, surrounded by alien scientific and engineer instruments. It bore a striking resemblance to a Samurai: 2m tall, white lamellar-arrangement plates on a black body, and a silver ponytail. The mask, instead of hole for eyes and note, only consisted of a narrow visor plate.
Working on it were two people: One is a girl, her face and hair were white as snow. She was regal, even compared to the mythical Snow Queen.
“The power adjustment is done, Doctor.” Her heterochromia irises (left black and right gold) flashed in exasperation and relieve.
“Finally!” Exclaimed the purple-haired woman. Her out-of-place late-Victorian dress (modified to suit laboratory work), coupled with the bunny ears (which were waving in a cheerful manner) made people loss their words.
Who could imagine this ebullient woman was Dr. Tabane Shinonono, the (self-proclaimed) genius of scientists?
She ran her hand on its edgy armor. On the rims, a light that seemed to have been purified by a quartz warmed her arms.
“Now, to the articulation we go!”
“Still, it’s unlike you to use others’ researcher like this.” Her assistance remarked.
“Hika-chan and her team might not be as good as me, but Kuromochi have truly overdid themselves. I’m impressed. Without me, she upgraded, no, innovated [Kuzuhara]. It would be a waste to let this masterpiece go waste.”
“Do you seriously think that these would be enough?”
“No, but this is only the first phase. [Byakushiki] itself will grow with its operator.”
“But why him?” She must had been holding herself from asking this question. Her tone were in a professional voice, but a light of concern glimed from the corner of her eyes.
“It’s fate...” The sigh seemed to carried within it resignation. “It can’t be changed…”
Sunrise itself carries many meaning. To plants, it’s time for them to shed the dew and raise up the leaves. To herbivores, it’s another chance to roll on the grassfield. To carnivores, the hunt is over, and the curtain now raised. To human, it decides whether would it be a nice or bad day to live – and to die.
Sipping the tongue-scorching tea, Ryuuin Shinonono seemed deep in trance. Behind this thin, aromatic mist, he seemed more like a Xian, clear of picayune thoughts and worries. His breath harmonized with the air. It was only times like this that he might escape from the ever-brewing storm inside. However, just as darkness still gloom over red sun, something had been bothering him.
He could taste the bitter of green leaves and sweet of rain water, earthen of Raku ware and metal of tama. But something is different. It’s the same thing that his wife herself panted, her ash was scattered there, and their daughter cut these by her own hands. The charcoal, the flame, the water, the earthen wares, nothing changed. So what could go wrong?
Ryuuin’s line of thoughts was suddenly interrupted by the cold wind.
“It always puzzles me of what do you like that tea so much, father.”
Tabane, whom acted like this is her own house, sat down right across her father and poured one cup for herself. She seemed more than emphatically to make her taste it, though.
“I’ve already told you, child, but you could never understand it.” She hadn’t changed much, her father noted. Still these same eyes that questioned everything, and her dyed hair which once made his late wife threw a terrible tantrum.
“Yes I do! You could never get past her death!” The accusation glare might had been able to burn him if it was sunlight.
“Isn’t you the same, child? It’s our Shinonono’s nature to drink our grieves.”
“That same old same old rhetoric. I couldn’t fathom how could you sit here, pretend nothing has happened, and shed not even one thought for Houki and Ichika’s safety.” The Chabudai could almost collapsed under her fist.
“Don’t forget that you created this mess. If not for your ambition, everyone would had stayed the same.”
“Yes, I know! But at least I never make my loves ones pay for my sins...”
“That is enough!” For the first time since the start of the conversation that Ryuuin showed the first sign of rage. Even Tabane seemed to had taken back a bit with the prospect of a Chabudai gaeshi.
“You’re not a Shinonono anymore. Tell me what you want to do with us, if not then leave!”
“Fine! I’m here to handle Houki this!” The paper was pushed toward Ryuuin, it said: “Apllication of Infinite Stratos Academy”.
“Do you think I’ll ever let my child near these abominations?”
“’She’ is the least of our concern, and if anything happens, Chifuyu would be able to protect them. Something that you can’t.”
Her father seemed to went between accepting it and tearing the paper in half. Tabane lowered her voice into a more persuasive manner:
“I know that it’s hard to let her go, but that it’s what must be done.”
After a long time of reasoning, he finally put down his judgement.
“Prove to me what you’re capable of. Then I might consider it.”
“Great! Also, I need to take Ichika with me.”
“What do you want with him?”
“Our brother’ll be the one to end this, just as how we started it.”
“…This house does not welcome you, so make it quick.”
“And I want nothing more than to leave this place.
Tabane-nee had spirited him to this island in the middle of nowhere – she and Kuu-chan (old habit dies hard, he couldn’t stop to use Chloe’s much annoyed nickname) were so tight-lipped about the location. The reason, as plainly stated by the Doctor:
“Ik-kun, prepare to be blown away!”
…Actually, it wasn’t all that fun. Kuu-chan told him that they were in need of an assistance for [Byakushiki], one of their latest [IS]. That machine, Ichika could saw the familiarities to his sister’s [Kuzuhara]. However, compare to the latter, these large wings seemed a bit too much for him.
Anyway, he had been receiving crash courses about [IS] and [Byakushiki]. Structure, motors, computer systems, weapons,… His head, even now, were still spinning with all jargons. It made him questioned why couldn’t they picked up a more experience person instead of him. But again, they were all hermits, or even worse, fugitives. Every countries were after Tabane-nee, and a lot more doing the same, all whom she made grudge with.
His job here was to provide data for [Byakushiki]’s development – Tabane-nee explained that it was made for Houki, and since he and her was taught by the same master, he need to give as much as possible.
“How do you feel, Ik-kun? Can I start the simulation?”
“I’m fine. Please do it.” The whiteness around him broke up into cubiques, then reconstructed. A desert was made. However, he couldn’t even breath the sandy air – all was a simulation.
“READY… START!”
[Byakushiki], still in its factory setting, appeared in a dull gray coating. An alien white light leaked from the rims on its chest, limbs and wings. Other than that, [Byakushiki] lacked anything that was remotely grandiose – Just the fact, ma’am.
Weapon wise, Ichika carried with him [Yukihara Nigata], a very long nodachi that was higher than his head if stand straight, and a diamond-shaped shield that Ichika could not comprehend why he was given it – An [IS] barrier was the strongest defense now knew to men.
But it wasn’t much compare to his enemies. [Byakushiki] identified them as [MBIS-01A3 Geoffrey], mainstream model of US Army. Beside the most advanced mechanism, [Byakushiki] was also regularly fed with the latest info of both private and military channels – That explained the unknown ‘A3’ in the model numbers. This version hadn’t been revealed to public yet.
These Desert Camouflaged, Hover-capable machines were all equipped with AR-20 20mm Recoiless Rifle, which could slowly but surely siphon all of his shield point if he decided to charge in. And he lacked any type of firearm – not that he was good with them to start with.
Ichika tried to recall his tutor on the Geoffrey models:
“The 2.5th generation [MBIS-01 Geoffrey] line is made to suit the needs of all four branches. The 01A is the Army’s variant, main role is long-range support for infantry, or replaced tanks in vanguard roles. While not integrated with technological advance of 3rd Generation like the [Raphael], it’s a solid unit with robust firepower and impressive resilient. Versus an [Uchigane], a [Geoffrey] has more chance to survive if it maintains a distance of 2km or more.”
“… 2km or more…” So he had to figure a way to close the distance. But how?
Looked down on his shield, Ichika suddenly realized that it’s surface was reflective as a mirror…
… Eureka!
A brewing sandstorm caught the attention of the [Geoffrey] squad. A column, small at first, now had grown to the height of the blue sky. However, the density of it was much higher than common ones. Almost like a stationary object spinning with high speed had caused this.
The [Hyper Sensor] picked up a silver glint on the center of the storm. Since it was impossible to fully identified whether was their target was the cause of the storm, they decided to make it closer to the source. The squad split up into three: Two flanked on the sides, while the third held back in purpose of supporting fire.
They started up by unleashing a barrage to see if there were any reaction. The bullet vanished without a trace into the cyclone. Nothing appeared on [Hyper Sensor], except that silver glint.
“Closer, closer,...” Ichika silently pleaded.
When the aggressors finally reached the outer edge of the storm, it suddenly blew up, expanded into all directions.
In the mist of dust, a sand arrow headed straight to the [Geoffrey] formation. It was like a sandworm was moving under the desert, readily to snatch any of the helpless victims.
And it did: Sand surged up, and before they registered it, one [Geoffrey] had already fell apart in a perfectly clean cut.
The predator, after claimed its first prey, had retreated underground.
Then the second. A vertical slash that ran from the hip upward. Rifles flared, but all the lead only met the death body of their comrade.
After that, it was the third and fourth. [Byakushiki] – Their [Hyper Sensors] finally picked up the target – but that was the last thing they felt, before oblivion fell upon them. Ichika had chopped off both heads in one swift motion.
[FORMATION D] The lead machine ordered its subordinates. They immediately form a circle, their guns facing out. The first barrage came in time to intercept the enemy, who was in his fourth charge. The sand wave died down.
Before Ichika shot up from the ground, right on the center of the formation. The shield on his left hand, it seemed to have bent a bit.
Yes, he had used it as a makeshift drill.
The carnage continued, mainly with the Geoffrey awardkly turned around, wasting their ammunitons chasing a shadow, while Ichika killed them one by one.
And after 5 minutes or so, the number of [Geoffrey] was reduced to a mere 3. Body of fallen enemies lay waste around Ichika. He was like a majestic God of War, the sorching sun rose high above his head.
However, they were giving Ichika much heads: After the initial assault, he had lost his element of surprise and was forced to face them in the ope. While not being designed for extreme-Close-Quarter-Combat, the sole [Geoffrey] was standing ground to him in a knife fight. And he could not freely obliterate him: the other targets were constantly whipping lines of fire toward his direction.
Letting the enemy to score a slash against him, Ichika closed the distance and jammed his sword. However, without the unique [One-off Ability], [Yukihira Niigata] was equal to a pup’s claws, nothing more.
But what choice did he have? His shield meter was in the red level – one more [Reiraku Byakuya] and that would be all. Even if he rolled the dice, her would only be able to cripple one enemy.
Continue this cat-and-mouse was also not an option. Ichika could sensed that those three were trying to surround him. A triangle of sort had already in the process of forming, and if he attacked one vertex, two others would be free to rain bullets on him.
Time for a gamble!
Ichika activated [Ignition Boost] and shot up in a curve. Bullets were one or two inches after his shadow. And when he was directly above the target, he deactivated it for a freefall. Using the momentum, Ichika skillfully disabled it with a round kick. Then, he rocketed with the [Geoffrey] still in his hold. Using it as a shield, he rammed into the other enemy.
[REIRAKU BYAKURA] ACTIVATED
[Yukihara] pierced through both. Somehow, this scene made him thought about an abriged image: Yakitori stick, fried rare.
Two down, one to…
Ka-BOOMMM!!!
The vague idea of a blast is all he could felt.
“See? It’s better than last time. There is only one left!”
Before Ichika could thought of a fitting response, Tabane had already put a pair of plastic-and-nylon bunny ears on his head.
“This calls for an celebration! Ik-kun, time to show your skill with the pan!”
… Now he got the picture. Today was turn for Tabane-nee to cook…
As Ichika defeatedly dragging himself toward the exit, Dr.Shinonono lowered her voice and spoke to Chloe:
“Is it ready?”
“After today’s performance, I think that we should begin.”
“… We initiate the plan ‘White Carrot’ tomorrow.” Tabane switched her tone again. “And Ik-kun, I want Yakiniku!”
Anything wrong?

Last edited by Fireminer; 2014-12-31 at 21:43.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-01, 07:49   Link #55654
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
- Robert Frost

I fixed this for you Fire. You should have done R. Frost`s Quotes from one his poems. I like his work
Chevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-02, 20:40   Link #55655
bitmeister
Expert Procrastinator

Another "what if" for consideration (this does involve dropping characters into another story, but hear me out):

What if we take Wicked, and replace Elphaba with Laura, Glinda with Charlotte, and Fiyero with Ichika? Of course, backrounds of each character would be morphed with the characters of which they replace.
Old 2015-01-02, 21:21   Link #55656
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitmeister View Post
What if we take Wicked
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Into_the_Woods

That would work so much better. Ichika going "I was raised to be charming, not intelligent!" would just be hilarity undefined.
Old 2015-01-05, 18:01   Link #55657
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Chifuyu gave a glance that lingered far too long on the cake in the window of the shoppe. One of the employees were getting rid of the Christmas cakes and replacing them with pastries for the new year. Funny, she didn't like sweets... but something about the cake made her pause.

Who was she kidding, the similarity was obvious. She could pretend not to see it all she wanted but she was reaching that magic age '25'. After this year...

She straightened her back and marched into the shoppe. She came out a few minutes later with a bag and a cake inside.

"I'll have you accompany me tonight," she told the bag as she continued home.

~*~

Later on, Ichika found Chifuyu face down against the dinner table with an assortment of beer cans and a sizable chunk of the cake missing. Needless to say, Ichika was worried.

"Chifuyu-nee...? Are you okay?"

"Nnnngh," came the nonsensical reply. "Leave mee alone..."

"I can't do that, Chifuyu-nee. Seriously, what has you so bummed out?"

The woman raised her head enough to peek at her brother from beneath the loose mass of hair. "I'll be fine...don't worry about it..."

"No you're not. You haven't done this since I can remember. What is it?"

"...it's nothing!" Like hell Ichika would understand her predicament. It wasn't even that, it was just a condition placed upon women by the society that they lived in. Even with women enjoying a more dominant position in that very society, there were still stereotypes that were expected to be carried out placed there by the men from olden times and reinforced by the women of the previous generations, some who see the changes as 'disruptive to the natural order' - those old hags. Lucky her she didn't have to deal with her mother nagging her about when she was going to get married and work on grandkids. She wouldn't have been able to keep her sanity if that was the case.

Ichika looked at the cake once more and then back at his sister. He surprised her when he pulled a chair and sat down with her.

"What are you doing," she asked with a raised eyebrow. The other eyebrow shot up when he grabbed her half-empty can of beer and raised it to his lips and drank the rest. "What - wait!"

"Puaah," he put the can down. "I'm not about to let my big sister drink alone when she's feeling bad," he told her, looking right into her eyes. He then turned to cut himself a slice of the cake and began to eat it.

"..." Chifuyu felt her vision become blurry so she ducked her head against his shoulder, a smile on her face. "...thank you, Ichika."

"Hmm," he looked down at the cake. "It still tastes real good, even after Christmas." He smiled at her, causing her to chuckle.

"Yeah, I guess that lie about 'Christmas cakes' being bad is just that."

"This one tastes great though, even with the beer."

She frowned. "Are you insinuating something?"

Ichika blinked. "Eh? Wh-what do you mean?"

"Are you saying this cake is like me? Beer-flavored and everything?"

Ichika wanted to back up but he couldn't and what's more, Chifuyu was leaning over him, effectively trapping him there. "I...I don't know what you mean, honest! I just said it tastes great!"

"And how do you know what I taste like!?"

"Chifuyu-nee, you're drunk!"

I may or may not keep the funny part at the end. I was gonna go for a more solemn/serious ending to it but as you can see, it veered off of that road real hard.
Old 2015-01-06, 06:42   Link #55658
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

"I never really loved you, Onii-chan." The smile was calm but Madoka's tone had a macabre glee in it. "I only wanted to see how much it hurts you."

Ichika could not move, paralyzed by the serum she had injected into his neck. Halfway chiding himself for trusting the girl, halfway pleading with his eyes for her not to do this. But that was all he could do. frozen, incapable of action. Completely at the girl's mercy.

"Or more accurately..." The smile was still calm as she raised the bowie knife above Ichika's unguarded head. "I wanted to see how much it hurts onee-chan."
Old 2015-01-06, 10:24   Link #55659
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I'm here dood, my computers go broke, both of them. Two, three weeks I have to use internet cafe, and it SUCK when I'm busy as hell.

Also, lol at Ichika being MRA activist
Old 2015-01-06, 10:37   Link #55660
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Welcome back to the land of... I don't know anymore. Re-Athena's first chapter progress:

Yes, it's in Google Drive.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest