Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2007-04-28, 12:07   Link #1
NeoSam

Yagami-kun no Katei no Jijou

八神くんの家庭の事情
Yagami-kun no Katei no Jijou

An old 3 episode OVA that got released in 1990.

Its based on a 7 volume shounen manga that got serialized in Shounen Sunday Zoukangou between 1986-1990.

I got interested in starting a thread for this anime after reading this:

Quote:
"Yagami's mother has an appearance like a 16 year old cute girl and Yagami was at first embarrassed by this, but then he couldn't help falling in love (or lust?) with his own mother. He declared himself as "mother-con" (Oedipus complex). With all his classmates, his teacher, a delinquent juvenile all falling in love with his mom, and an OL who fell in love with his father, and Yagami having a cute biker girlfriend, and on top of that, a schoolmate (male) who looks nearly exactly like his mother. The story depicts the "normal" life of Yagami-kun and his family matters...
"The manga itself is very well written, with a style distinctively Kusunoki Kei's. Unique layout and panelling, filled with fun and jokes, the story is very interesting. Definitely KK's best comedy manga."

"Well, in short, the mother looks like she's 14, and the kid is "openly" in love with her - loli x motha-con. His teacher, too, is in love with her mother, and so the love rivals duke it out in classroom, as well as plotting the downfall of their common enemy, his father. The father has a secretary who is in love with him. But once she discovered that he has such a "young" wife she turned her attention to his son, who is now torn between his own mother and a naive, motorbike riding girlfriend. Later on, the class gets a new student who looks exactly like the mother, whom everybody falls for. Except that the student is a he....

"This manga managed to remain innocent while pushing the boundary of family values. In mere 7 volumes, YFA packs more punch than series twice its lengths. It's the manga of choice on a desert island."

"Yagami-kun OAV has a good chance of being the only anime of which the production video (tagged along with some episode) is more interesting than the anime itself. And they weren't kidding about 'Low budget manga spinoff anime aimed at exploiting the existing fan base.'"
Genre: Shounen, Comedy

A boy thats in love with his loli looking mother
Old 2007-04-29, 08:32   Link #2
kuru

Lupin Gang had these as a project in the old days.
Donīt know if they ever finished anything.
kuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 16:03   Link #3
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
Yagami's mother has an appearance like a 16 year old cute girl and Yagami was at first embarrassed by this, but then he couldn't help falling in love (or lust?) with his own mother.

and Yagami having a cute biker girlfriend, and on top of that, a schoolmate (male) who looks nearly exactly like his mother.
Oh my gosh! It's been quite a while since there has been a good series with incest theme. From the synopsis, it sounds like the kind of show I would devote my time watching and look forward to the next week. Oh thank thee NeoSam. Thou are the bringer of good news.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 18:44   Link #4
NeoSam

No probelm

Though I won't expect seeing a fansub of this 17 year old OVA series >.<