AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-08-19, 15:03   Link #2701
Spags
Computer Programmer

Send a message via AIM to Spags Send a message via MSN to Spags
Iunno from actually watching the fight, Tsukune wasn't even pulling any punches on moka, now whether that was because moka was to much to handle or not im not sure, but if u view the scans u'll see that the fight was totally one sided, now i understand that the situation wasn't favorable to sit down and think about things, but im sure there could be some way to bind Tsukune to allow some time for thought. Now if Tsukune during the fight was actually keeping on his toes and throwing some punches back at moka then i'de support her decision and not say otherwise, but i just can't help but feel that a weaken moka beating Tsukune up with nothing fighting back means that she wasn't in a position to bind him in anyway.

"You have your way, I have my way, as for the right way, the correct way, it does not exists."
Spags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-19, 15:07   Link #2702
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Tsukune was berserked and swinging wildly, anyone with similar strength level but adding actual technique and a clear mind will always be better than someone swinging wildly.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-19, 16:24   Link #2703
bob's your uncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
You need to read the manga, Hokuto, who is uber powerful that even Moka couldn't beat, Tsukune fought against majorly by himself, and Tsukune didn't lose himself to the blood.

You need to read the rest of season 1, before making comments about this... Season 2 "just" started, with very little going on, in terms of Tsukune's change.
hellooooooo I was talking about future opponents possibly stronger and possibly in more numbers than hokuto and while he did very well against him the lock is still braking and the only purpose that the writers would even mention it to us is obvious foreshadowing that it will break and defiantly before tsukune could ever completely control the blood.

and jeese man stop telling me to read the manga I ALREADY HAVE!
bob's your uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-19, 16:35   Link #2704
Spags
Computer Programmer

Quote:
Tsukune was berserked and swinging wildly, anyone with similar strength level but adding actual technique and a clear mind will always be better than someone swinging wildly.
Well that's the thing he wasn't tho -.-; He didn't swing once in any of the scans when moka was fighting him, he was just standing there taking it. Reference back to it really fast, all he did was dodge like 1 or 2 moves, he didn't even try to block or punch back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob's your uncle
hellooooooo I was talking about future opponents possibly stronger and possibly in more numbers than hokuto and while he did very well against him the lock is still braking and the only purpose that the writers would even mention it to us is obvious foreshadowing that it will break and defiantly before tsukune could ever completely control the blood.
I highly doubt that, i don't think the creator will ever put that sort of danger onto Tsukune without definite solution in mind. Not to mention if you are reading the manga, hes already controlling it extremely well. My take on the broken locket is that each time a seal is broken more control Tsukune has over his powers and the less he needs the locket for. That would be a real interesting twist in my mind. I just think that your taking the Chairman's words to much to heart and you really shouldn't. I honestly just think he was trying to scare Tsukune into not removing it untill the time for him to control the power within was near. You have to remember after all, the only purpose for the locket is to suppress the blood from taking over Tsukune's mind and if Tsukune learns to accept the blood and take control over it, i don't see whats the harm in wearing the locket which is used to control something he learned to do himself

"You have your way, I have my way, as for the right way, the correct way, it does not exists."

Last edited by Spags; 2008-08-19 at 16:50.
Old 2008-08-19, 16:39   Link #2705
bob's your uncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spags View Post
Well that's the thing he wasn't tho -.-; He didn't swing once in any of the scans when moka was fighting him, he was just standing there taking it. Reference back to it really fast, all he did was dodge like 1 or 2 moves, he didn't even try to block or punch back.
and yet he went for kurumu.
Old 2008-08-19, 16:41   Link #2706
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Iunno from actually watching the fight, Tsukune wasn't even pulling any punches on moka, now whether that was because moka was to much to handle or not im not sure, but if u view the scans u'll see that the fight was totally one sided, now i understand that the situation wasn't favorable to sit down and think about things, but im sure there could be some way to bind Tsukune to allow some time for thought. Now if Tsukune during the fight was actually keeping on his toes and throwing some punches back at moka then i'de support her decision and not say otherwise, but i just can't help but feel that a weaken moka beating Tsukune up with nothing fighting back means that she wasn't in a position to bind him in anyway.
Well, there are two things we can surmise from the fact that Tsukune wasn't able to mount an offense against Moka:

1) Moka was really wailing on Tsukune, despite her weakened state (not just her usual kicks, but punches and grapple moves as well - they also made note of saying that she was breaking bones with those attacks as well), and/or

2) Tsukune didn't want to fight back, which would throw everything they've said about a ghoul being 'mindless' right out the window. Sure he was 'mindless' but in a very simple sense. To me, it seems as if his ghoul nature was acting on his last conscious thought of 'protecting Moka' - maybe that's why he didn't attack her even after she attacked him. He even stopped pounding a guy when he sensed her walking up to him. Did Moka know that he was working with that particular instinct alone? Maybe, or maybe not. But maybe she also knew that once a ghoul is attacked, it will retaliate no matter what. If she didn't kill Tsukune quickly, then Tsukune would eventually start attacking her, now matter how much he may had loved her.

Moka wasn't really concerned about him attacking her, persay but who else could stop him from attacking someone else? If you will remember that during the lull of that battle, Tsukune attacked Kurumu - tears were coming from his eyes even though he was grinning like a psycho and was chanting 'kill, kill, kill'. Moka didn't want Tsukune to run amok in the time it took her to get her full strength back - who knows what could have happened? To be killed violently by someone else - Moka wasn't going to let that happen. Neither was she going to allow someone as kind as Tsukune leave the living world with another person's death on his hands that he wasn't conscious for. That was what Moka feared for the most at that time and since it was her blood that turned Tsukune into this, she was the one who had the 'right' to take him out, even if it felt like ripping out her own heart.

With that said, could Moka had restrained him with a rosario or a spell binding or whatnot? Yes, she did have the opprotunities to do so since Tsukune wasn't actively attacking her, but I don't think she had the required knowledge of being able to bind him in such a way. It took her years of studying just to learn of a way to seal herself using a rosario in the first place. Most vampires don't carry around knowledge of how to do and undo such things.

And even with this 'lock' on him, the Chairman admitted to him that since it wasn't tailor-made for Tsukune, that the defect of it cracking under the strength of the vampire power would reveal itself. If we think of the lock being able to handle up to an 'A' class youkai's power, then it would make sense that it start to break from an 'S' class youkai's power - the only reason for it not shattering outright is the fact that Tsukune was a human before all of this - not a vampire. On a vampire, that kind of lock would be useless I bet. Moka's rosario was tailor-made for her, that's why it works flawlessly on her power. Tsukune would have needed one tailor made for him but as we saw, the circumstances did not permit it.
Old 2008-08-19, 17:49   Link #2707
bob's your uncle

Quote:

I highly doubt that, i don't think the creator will ever put that sort of danger onto Tsukune without definite solution in mind. Not to mention if you are reading the manga, hes already controlling it extremely well. My take on the broken locket is that each time a seal is broken more control Tsukune has over his powers and the less he needs the locket for. That would be a real interesting twist in my mind. I just think that your taking the Chairman's words to much to heart and you really shouldn't. I honestly just think he was trying to scare Tsukune into not removing it untill the time for him to control the power within was near. You have to remember after all, the only purpose for the locket is to suppress the blood from taking over Tsukune's mind and if Tsukune learns to accept the blood and take control over it, i don't see whats the harm in wearing the locket which is used to control something he learned to do himself
but what if the only reason that tsukune can even control and call forth the vamp blood without going complete ghoul is because of the lock and thats why he's able to get stronger and without it's help he would be at the vamp blood's mercy(how would we know tsukune's real strength against the blood without the lock, at the current point in the manga), I mean do we even know if the lock gets weaker every time a seal is broken or if the lock has the same effect until it's completely broken?

all i'm saying is what if without the lock tsukune wouldn't be able to show any improvement(with controlling the ghoul) and that the only reason the lock breaking problem was introduced was for possible future drama(I also believe this was a warning given by the Board Chairman, the thing is I think it will go unheeded cause tsukune would do anything to save his friends), now I know the Board Chairman keeps dropping hints, but thats the beauty of this manga, it's so contradicting(at least with what people say)

Last edited by bob's your uncle; 2008-08-19 at 19:00.
Old 2008-08-19, 20:43   Link #2708
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob's your uncle View Post

and jeese man stop telling me to read the manga I ALREADY HAVE!
You contradicted yourself. Earlier you said you only had access to a certain amount of chapters, and responses and knowledge proved that this was true. Now you said you have? which is it?
Old 2008-08-19, 20:49   Link #2709
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Maybe!, JUST MAYBE! you guys are just takin this way out of hand?
Old 2008-08-19, 20:51   Link #2710
bob's your uncle

Quote:
You contradicted yourself. Earlier you said you only had access to a certain amount of chapters, and responses and knowledge proved that this was true. Now you said you have? which is it?
I said my chapters didn't go that high PAGE WISE, I've read them all but when u told me to look at certain pages it didn't match up, thats all.

and also I understand what u said, that tsukune is getting stronger and controlling the blood more and that it's possible for him to eventually reach vamp-dom, it's just I didn't want to disregard the lock prob and thats why i was so affronted to the vamp thing.

Last edited by bob's your uncle; 2008-08-19 at 21:10.
Old 2008-08-19, 21:14   Link #2711
Spags
Computer Programmer

Quote:
Moka's rosario was tailor-made for her, that's why it works flawlessly on her power. Tsukune would have needed one tailor made for him but as we saw, the circumstances did not permit it.
Then the biggest question is why aren't they making him a custom one >.>? Which in the end brings us to the conclusion of the Chairman's true objectives, there is something more with that locket and more of a purpose to it than what was said, and that purpose is probably control of the blood.

Old 2008-08-19, 21:41   Link #2712
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

The behavior of the chairman and the bus driver is wayyy too suspicious to simply ignore.
Old 2008-08-19, 22:05   Link #2713
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Maybe they just want to retire....lol
Old 2008-08-19, 22:11   Link #2714
bob's your uncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Maybe they just want to retire....lol
also, I know the bus driver and the Board Chairman are two of the three dark lords or whatever, but whose the third?

plus if the rosary is the Chairmans devil item then whats the bus driver's?
Old 2008-08-19, 22:13   Link #2715
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
also, I know the bus driver and the Board Chairman are two of the three dark lords or whatever, but whose the third?
Jesus... lol
Old 2008-08-19, 22:20   Link #2716
bob's your uncle

Quote:
Jesus... lol
of course! It was just staring me in the face! why didn't I think of that

lol
Old 2008-08-19, 22:20   Link #2717
gabbytay
Banned

Quote:
Jesus... lol
He should be the one to seal tsukune's vampire blood
gabbytay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-19, 22:24   Link #2718
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
plus if the rosary is the Chairmans devil item then whats the bus driver's?
Don't hit yourself for not realizing the answer sooner.

Spoiler for The BUS Driver's...:
Old 2008-08-19, 22:41   Link #2719
bob's your uncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Don't hit yourself for not realizing the answer sooner.

Spoiler for The BUS Driver's...:
[*CLUNK!*]I actually just did, it was painful but i deserved it
Old 2008-08-19, 22:47   Link #2720
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Kyero's Father? >_> lol jk

Maybe its um... /shrug fuck I have no idea

maybe we'll find out this season. anyone else think that the exorsist dropped the thing for the school by Tsukunes dad on purpos? Bum bum buummm

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire