AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 62 51.24%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 27.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 9.92%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 4.13%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 4.96%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.83%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.65%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-10, 01:30   Link #121
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Wow... all I can say is !@!@ing finally, they mentioned Shin's mom's first name. It's been a big pain in the butt to call her that, and what's really vexxing is that now that little sub-plot is over, we won't probably be discussing Kanae ever again lol.

And I'm still mighty confused at why Shin chased after Hiromi. It can't be because he's now pursuing her romantically, as he still with Noe even in this episode. To be a shoulder to cry on? No need to do it right then and there, nor would chasing a truck in a bike makes any sense if that was his motive.

As for the last line of the preview, I'm thinking, what are the odds of Hiromi saying that to Shin? After all he did for her sake for practically half the season? After him chasing after her in this episode? And after Noe practically saying the same thing to Shin with the flying remark only 2 episodes ago?

So IMO, it's highly unlikely it's Shin Hiromi is talking to, and even then, how much of it is based on tangible interactions between Shin and Noe? It might be my Hiromi coloured glasses skewing my perception, but hasn't the past episodes all been Shin worrying about Hiromi? I really do wonder what did Shin do in order for Hiromi to get that idea if that was the case, but I guess no one can really say for sure until the next episode.

And again, previews were always intentionally misleading, no?

And now for KimiKiss 22 before vanishing from the forums again to play Sins of a Solar Empire....

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-03-10, 02:11   Link #122
vio5555

Anyways, I'll just apologize here for putting all of that future speculation in response to other posts.

In any case I rewatched episode 10, and I found something interesting about the early scene with Noe and Nobuse.

It seems like he asked her to give him a curse to make him into a guy very similar to Jun: a distant, cool guy that no one would fall in love with...; sure it wasn't exactly what Jun would want to be seen as but I really think it was very close to the actual Jun and what he's become to be able to protect Noe.

Maybe Noe will come to see Jun in a different light because of that but that might be too much to take from it, especially if the preview line of "the one you love isn't me" ends up being directed to Jun, and he realizes his affection for Noe.
Old 2008-03-10, 02:42   Link #123
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vio5555 View Post
Anyways, I'll just apologize here for putting all of that future speculation in response to other posts.

In any case I rewatched episode 10, and I found something interesting about the early scene with Noe and Nobuse.

It seems like he asked her to give him a curse to make him into a guy very similar to Jun: a distant, cool guy that no one would fall in love with...; sure it wasn't exactly what Jun would want to be seen as but I really think it was very close to the actual Jun and what he's become to be able to protect Noe.

Maybe Noe will come to see Jun in a different light because of that but that might be too much to take from it, especially if the preview line of "the one you love isn't me" ends up being directed to Jun, and he realizes his affection for Noe.
I Just meant in general about the future events. we have the speculation thread for those. Any ways you should edit those, before a mod warn you . Also that " the one you love isnt me" might not be toward Jun . Well its most likely is, but True tears previews have been decieving so far *_*.

But any ways, I had a question ( from any one who knows ). Well When Shin's dad and Hiromi were talking, At the end of the conversation, Hiromi sais " Hontoni" ( translate to : is it really ), What did she mean by that? In another word, is it really ( what .... ) ? And then we had Shin's dad expresion. What did he mean by that expression? I thought that was out of place for some reason.

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2008-03-10 at 03:08.
Old 2008-03-10, 03:02   Link #124
arkxkra
全力全開

Spoiler for :

oh yea, got any info on the insert song of this episode yet?

Last edited by arkxkra; 2008-03-10 at 03:20.
Old 2008-03-10, 05:26   Link #125
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I don't know about this series anymore. After all the drama with the 3 girls, they just drop them left and right and go for the high road with 'I'm going to let you go' from just about everyone. And then there's the super-cliche chasing scene to top it off.

I really don't know anymore. It's like they basically murdered the drama part within 2 episodes. Rather completely.
Old 2008-03-10, 06:21   Link #126
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
But any ways, I had a question ( from any one who knows ). Well When Shin's dad and Hiromi were talking, At the end of the conversation, Hiromi sais " Hontoni" ( translate to : is it really ), What did she mean by that? In another word, is it really ( what .... ) ? And then we had Shin's dad expresion. What did he mean by that expression? I thought that was out of place for some reason.
I assume she meant "Is it really [okay]?" about what he had just said before about how she should "Never forget that she's their child as well"...; from that interpretation it would mean that his smile was just affirmation.

But it could be something entirely different...
Old 2008-03-10, 07:27   Link #127
christinemarie
Crazy One

Hiromi leaving to another apartment (so she can't developed further feelings towards Shin since it would cause problem at the end) and Shin chasing her reminds me of Koi Kaze (episode 12 is somehow similar) though Hiromi and Shin are almost the same age as contradicted with Nanoka and Koshiro age gap.

3 more episodes.
I hope feelings won't reach the certain point of no return between ShinXHiromi and Hiromi should be referring to Shin "I'm not the one you like stuff." Since Shin is highly affected by Noe since episode 1.

I want this ending to be fulfilled.......
Spoiler for speculating the end:
Old 2008-03-10, 07:37   Link #128
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post
and Hiromi should be referring to Shin "I'm not the one you like stuff."
Have you watched the same show I have? Your avatar and ideal ending makes it obvious you like Noe but an ending like that which just goes against everything the show has done so far is not a good look.
Old 2008-03-10, 07:40   Link #129
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I already posted my thoughts way back but i forgot to talk about Ai a little more.

I actually feel more sorry for her at this point than any of the other girls. She's basically alone Shin wont be coming by to visit her till this drama dies down and Nobuse got the boot. Weather or not he will try to win her over again with his own strength remains to be seen he has not said such a thing and with things wrapping i cant see them taking time out to focus on that. For Ai though she did not love Nobu they were still friends, and she loved/loves Shin but for her own sake said she graduated from him which is obviously not true. I find this interesting because i wonder if shes in denial or if she holds any type of hope for eventually getting Shin later down the road. Seems like shes trying to get rid of the im Nobu.g/f and get rid of the onee-san complex as well. In the end I think Ai has grown tremendously. She is still my favorite out of the 3 girls her personality is just great but her situation is so sad. The last scene of her up drinking water at night after Shin walked her home shows just how much she is not over Shin. I do hope Nobu gives her sometime to her self but eventually tries to date her again on his own with no help. Hes a nice guy and weve seen some good sides of him lately but i wont like it if he tries for her again right away its too soon makes sense.

Oh and Shins dad said what some of us had always thought. Nothing ever happen with him and Hiromi's mom Shin's mom completely misunderstood the situation and i think this is what caused her hate towards Hiromi but she finally accepted her husband had not been unfaithful curbing her angry for Hiromi. Obviously Shin and Hiromi could not date if the lived in the same house her moving out was a huge sign in which direction the ending is headed for.

Sorry christinemarie Westlo is right that ending is full of holes. All evidence points in the opposite direction that you have stated. Listen to the preview again listen to Hiromi's tone there is no way she would talk to Shin like that after what just happen. We are going to get a straightforward ending something the writers have not divate from since the beginning.

Last edited by Sinestra; 2008-03-10 at 07:53.
Old 2008-03-10, 08:30   Link #130
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I already posted my thoughts way back but i forgot to talk about Ai a little more.

I actually feel more sorry for her at this point than any of the other girls. She's basically alone Shin wont be coming by to visit her till this drama dies down and Nobuse got the boot. Weather or not he will try to win her over again with his own strength remains to be seen he has not said such a thing and with things wrapping i cant see them taking time out to focus on that. For Ai though she did not love Nobu they were still friends, and she loved/loves Shin but for her own sake said she graduated from him which is obviously not true. I find this interesting because i wonder if shes in denial or if she holds any type of hope for eventually getting Shin later down the road. Seems like shes trying to get rid of the im Nobu.g/f and get rid of the onee-san complex as well. In the end I think Ai has grown tremendously. She is still my favorite out of the 3 girls her personality is just great but her situation is so sad. The last scene of her up drinking water at night after Shin walked her home shows just how much she is not over Shin. I do hope Nobu gives her sometime to her self but eventually tries to date her again on his own with no help. Hes a nice guy and weve seen some good sides of him lately but i wont like it if he tries for her again right away its too soon makes sense.

I have the same feeling about Aiko, She probably want to be single for the next time that Shin becomes single. I think she is trying to move on but also keep her chances open for the future. She had already given up on shin of a sort before, she just got her hopes up when she found out Hiromi liked someone else. Since the beginning of the show I had the feelings that she didn't love Nobuse. All my predictions about AikoxNobusexShin came true with the exemption of Shin and Aiko hooking up. I agree Aiko is trying to remove herself from the role of Nobuse GF and as a Onee figure. She distancing from Shin will serve two purposes, help her forget about him, and if she can't forget then it might help her change Shin view of her in the future. Sometime I want to jump in the show and tell Aiko that Shin is going out with Noe because of the deal. I hope she find out about it sometime within the next 3 episodes.
Old 2008-03-10, 08:59   Link #131
vio5555

Can we all at least come back to the same universe when discussing this show?

(This critique can be applied to any of the shounen romances we're watching nowadays)

We seem to be in 2 parallel universes when discussing this show based on where people stand...

The objective people are in one with the fans of whichever girl the ending is currently favoring (as a relative coincidence based on views aligned by the facts and their intuitive future path) and Ai's fans who have resolved to just accept the show for what it is...

And the second features people who are in the fanbase of the girl currently being disfavored who will selectively pick and choose among the facts and construct wild results and decidedly biased conjectures....

(I do realize that there are fans of both girls in both groups and many Noe fans probably fall in the objective category, but the breakdown is the expected breakdown among the more "strident" character supporters).

The facts are all of what we watch unfold over 23 minutes every week. The facts as of episode 10 clearly indicate that Hiromi and Shin are not real siblings (unless by some wild twist Shin's father is a nefarious being... and that would be absolutely wild speculation of the kind I'm attributing to the second group). They also clearly indicate that Hiromi has tried to break up with Jun but he did not accept it the first time offering that it would be a very bad result for him... not from a romantic standpoint with her but from some other viewpoint...

While I have seen a few ideas for where NoexShin could possibly come from over the next few episodes, we really need to all get to the same page as to where everything stands as of this episode and where it can go from here...

Just remember that the story is more important than which character you support..., tearing apart the fabric of the story for "the good" of a single character is precisely the kind of speculation that no one should be supporting in any form since it will inevitably cheapen the experience for all including those supporting that character. This is especially true about a series about true tears not false happiness.
Old 2008-03-10, 09:10   Link #132
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
all too predictable episode, but very enjoyable nonetheless

all the girls have made their confession and made it clear they didnt want a halfhearted relation with shin so they all cut the tie. it s up to Shin to decide where he wants to go, i didnt expected him to run after hiromi like this or this soon.

wonder if anyone went as far as to try to do a parallel between myokishi accepting the breakup to supposdly try to seduce her with his own strenght as myokishi and not as shin's friend later and aiko breaking up her relationship between shin and her in order to reset their relationship and comeback later to try to seduce him as aiko and not as his childhood friend... we have 3 more eps left and if there is no drama/uncertainty left it wouldnt be fun.

edit :
i m rather surprised to see that no one has yet asked for a gif of aiko blushing when she was talking with noe.

Last edited by D a m i e n; 2008-03-10 at 09:19. Reason: forgot to add:
Old 2008-03-10, 09:33   Link #133
Zanshun

After this episode and the previous I think all chances of ShinxNoe are out the window. Even the Noe shippers have to admit that Shin and Hiromi are just too perfect for each other, whenever Shin and Hiromi are on screen together it just fills the screen up with how much they long for each other. I'm still seeing how they can salvage this for poor Noe as the scenes with her alone are just way too sad but I'll have faith that the last 3 episodes will be as great as the last 10 were.
Old 2008-03-10, 09:46   Link #134
Kushi

I'm going to be mad if shin somehow ends up with Noe... since for the past 2 episodes or so he seems all into hiromi. Grrrr, anyways yeah the ending was great loved the hug! Bit prudish but what can you ask for?
Old 2008-03-10, 09:51   Link #135
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
come on dont feel bad for Noe, she wont be alone, her brother will be here to confort her.
Old 2008-03-10, 09:52   Link #136
BigGimp77

It was an ok episode. Very predictable though. I like True Tears a lot but its starting to drag on me a little. I'm at the point now where I'm just like "JUST PICK ONE ALREADY AND CONFESS!!!"

If the pairing is ShinxHiromi then idk what they are going to do for three episodes. They already had there little dramatic moment so there isnt much left for romantic surprises.

If the pairing is ShinxNoe then I'll probably get pissed. Not because I don't like Noe, I like her a lot. It's just at this point that pair wouldn't make any logical sense and would feel forced.
Old 2008-03-10, 10:10   Link #137
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
edit :
i m rather surprised to see that no one has yet asked for a gif of aiko blushing when she was talking with noe.
because they cartoonised her when that happened. If they had not done that it would have been lovely. that is the first time they used Cartoonish expressions in this show. Even when Shin was panicked after Aiko's kiss they didn't use that.
Old 2008-03-10, 10:39   Link #138
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by vio5555 View Post
Can we all at least come back to the same universe when discussing this show?

(This critique can be applied to any of the shounen romances we're watching nowadays)

We seem to be in 2 parallel universes when discussing this show based on where people stand...

The objective people are in one with the fans of whichever girl the ending is currently favoring (as a relative coincidence based on views aligned by the facts and their intuitive future path) and Ai's fans who have resolved to just accept the show for what it is...

And the second features people who are in the fanbase of the girl currently being disfavored who will selectively pick and choose among the facts and construct wild results and decidedly biased conjectures....

(I do realize that there are fans of both girls in both groups and many Noe fans probably fall in the objective category, but the breakdown is the expected breakdown among the more "strident" character supporters).

The facts are all of what we watch unfold over 23 minutes every week. The facts as of episode 10 clearly indicate that Hiromi and Shin are not real siblings (unless by some wild twist Shin's father is a nefarious being... and that would be absolutely wild speculation of the kind I'm attributing to the second group). They also clearly indicate that Hiromi has tried to break up with Jun but he did not accept it the first time offering that it would be a very bad result for him... not from a romantic standpoint with her but from some other viewpoint...

While I have seen a few ideas for where NoexShin could possibly come from over the next few episodes, we really need to all get to the same page as to where everything stands as of this episode and where it can go from here...

Just remember that the story is more important than which character you support..., tearing apart the fabric of the story for "the good" of a single character is precisely the kind of speculation that no one should be supporting in any form since it will inevitably cheapen the experience for all including those supporting that character. This is especially true about a series about true tears not false happiness.
I think sometimes people tend to over think situations and events and they miss whats right in front of their eyes. True Tears has been pretty upfront and stuck the formula for romances which majority of experiences watchers predicted. I said this before when all the flamming was going on. The best way to ruin an anime for yourself is interject your own personal vaules and morals into it. People get so focused on which of these girls is going to win they miss the point of the story or miss what exactly the anime is trying to say the over all message is whats important nor really who wins out in the end. I agree with you it seems like some viewers are living in a different universe and not watching the same show i have never used WTF more times in my life than i have in this TT forum (with the exception of dragonaut)

Great post.
Old 2008-03-10, 10:55   Link #139
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Ah, another good episode *votes Perfect 10

Aiko heading down the lonely path is sad, but she seems not to like Nobuse and the fact that Nobuse seems to have given up.
I wonder how Ai can be happy or probably it's just the sad end for her.

Noe is another girl who seem very pitiable, she looks at Shinichiro's love for her being buried in the snow...I think she has also given up. And she needs to tell her brother to stop bugging Hiromi. I'm starting to get annoyed by Jun.

Noe: "Grandma, just once more...This will be the last time."

Hiromi, finally it's revealed and clarified. All the things she did with Jun was just a pretense. So their relationship was a lie after all.
It's interesting to note that at some point while Hiromi and Shin were talking on a later part (I've posted screenshot) of the episode, track 30 of the OST was played - it fitted the mood well.

Hoping that the hug on the last part points to a "happily ever after" Hiromi x Shin ending. xD

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2008-03-10 at 11:50.
Old 2008-03-10, 11:22   Link #140
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Aiko heading down the lonely path is sad, but she seems not to like Nobuse and the fact that Nobuse seems to have given up.
I wonder how Ai can be happy or probably it's just the sad end for her.

And she needs to tell her brother to stop bugging Hiromi. I'm starting to get annoyed by Jun.
That will be dificult as only three people know about the "DEAL", Jun, hiromi and Shin.
Shin doesn't know that Hiromi knows about the deal either. I really wish all this dating deal will come out in the open for everyone.

Aiko does like Nobuse, but not in the romantic way! She broke up with him for three reasons and why I was so sure she was going to do it.

1. If she had stayed with him she would have ended hating him, resenting him because he was the cause that she never had a chance with Shin.

2. She did a terrible thing to him or terrible things. She was using him to stay close to shin, she went on dates with shin behind his back, she kiss Shin while still his girlfriend. She felt guilty.

3. Deep inside Aiko she has hopes for maybe one day be able to be with shin, even though she is telling herself that she got over shin. If she stay single maybe she will have a chance...

Maybe Aiko will get back with nobuse when she see Shin and hiromi together as she knows Hiromi is shin's true love.
Closed Thread