AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-05, 20:56   Link #481
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

I finished this anime a few minutes ago
Well it could have ahd more eps but it was awesome, I did not see that ending (no not the ending of the endig, it was clear that it would end good) coming at all.

I give it overall a 8/10 since I liked all characters, the story, the jokes and everything, it was just toooooo short. But it was one of the better shows this season.

And the male lead char, he was not a hero but he wasn't annoying/bothersome at all, I liked him and the rest too.

Did someone played the DS game? Are there alternative endings?
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 21:47   Link #482
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kir44n View Post
I actually enjoyed this show quite a bit. The ending was for the most part neat & concise, and finished most aspects of the story (unlike the last show I just finished -_-) . While on a certain level I am disappointed by it being only 13 episodes, I think that's because this, as someone else pointed out, was mainly a form of elaborate advertisement for the DS game. I'm sure all the side-character development and certain *other* plots will have alot more meat & focus during the game proper.
Cross promotion-kuma.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 15:00   Link #483
vspirit
...huh?

Started playing the game a few hours ago. It's like an alternate universe to the anime...or maybe it's the other way around. All the characters are as different as different can be from their anime incarnations, personality-wise.

Morte: not-angsty-but-ultra-pushy-it's-my-way-or-the-highway superhag (whom, so far, shows no sign of having any brother at all).

Kyrie: not exactly wimpy but a real passive pushover. Morte's eternal whipping boy, so to speak.

Toppi: as stoic a joe of a bear as you'll ever get. Only ends his sentences occasionally with a
"-kuma", and not, I repeat, not perpetually. All his lines are cool...only they're uttered by a plushie.

Naja: more serious, solemn and straight-laced, nothing funny about him at all so far.

Li-a: morning musume-ish. Gone is the hot-headed violent sadist.

Agan: Morte's just-as-eternal biatch.

...Morte's like the queen bee in here. O.O
vspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 17:40   Link #484
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The soundtrack is as good as i expected. It features the BGM's that i wanted so that makes me happy. Just listening to it now, and i'm reminded of all the happy times i had with this show and it's wonderful cast. A must listen to for anyone who enjoyed this series like i did.

Also, the cover is do damn awesome.

Old 2008-12-22, 22:05   Link #485
iceyfw

the last episode showing morte x kyrie was so out of place... they don't even show any strong hints of romance between them and then episode 13 BAM they hit you with it. like many others have said, the anime adaption could have been better but was just to promote the game imo. i wish i owned the nintendo DS to play the game.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 20:33   Link #486
Xaong

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy View Post
the last episode showing morte x kyrie was so out of place... they don't even show any strong hints of romance between them and then episode 13 BAM they hit you with it. like many others have said, the anime adaption could have been better but was just to promote the game imo. i wish i owned the nintendo DS to play the game.
Right, but you can't expect to cover an entire RPG with only 13 episodes

I finished to watch the series today, and even if the last episode wasn't that great, it was an enjoyable show

Now I want to play the game. I guess the anime succeeded to promote it
Xaong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 18:56   Link #487
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Exclamation Funimation licenses World Destruction

According to AnimeNewsNetwork, Funimation has licensed World Destruction for a Spring 2010 release to coincide with the DS game release.

Quote:
The North American anime distributor Funimation has announced that it has acquired the first season of the Sands of Destruction anime series (also known as World Destruction: Sekai Bokumetsu no Rokunin in Japan) from Sega of America. The 13-episode anime series ties into the story of the Sands of Destruction (World Destruction) role-playing game, which Sega will release for the Nintendo DS in Spring of 2010.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 03:23   Link #488
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Good news. I wouldn't mind owning this show on DVD, and now i have my chance.
Old 2009-07-03, 10:17   Link #489
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It'll be interesting to see how they handle the whole "-kuma, -bear" thing in the dub.
Old 2009-07-03, 14:12   Link #490
BubbleGumCrisis

I guess they're sticking with the unnecessarily changed name for consistency.
BubbleGumCrisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 06:06   Link #491
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Two super hawt chicks, one awesome yet touching story........ I certainly wasn't expecting this.

I was very pleased with it, I gave it an 8 because I felt they could have extended this series a bit and made it into something truly remarkable. I hope the'll come up with a second season sometime soon....
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 15:08   Link #492
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Nice to see this thread topped, -kuma.
Old 2010-05-06, 19:23   Link #493
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Nice to see this thread topped, -kuma.
LoL yw - kuma ... I came across this series quite recently and thought it was really good, especially with the hawt chicks n all! - kuma
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy