AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-16, 12:57   Link #1021
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post
Can you guys tell me what time will Endless Eight (August) might air live in Japan?

I'm assuming it'll air on Suntv 1st lol.
Sun TV at 01:40 00:40 local time (barring delays due to baseball) and Teletama at 02:00 01:00 local time, both early Friday morning (or late Thursday night, however you look at it).

The full schedule (for the first broadcast only) is listed on the Haruhi.tv site here:

http://www.haruhi.tv/schedule.html

They describe Friday morning at 01:40 00:40 as Thursday at 25:40 24:40, so you can extrapolate the rest of the schedule.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2009-06-17 at 11:04. Reason: Oops...
Old 2009-06-22, 04:37   Link #1022
stubby42

This isnt exactly about the show, more about the novels but I'm starting to read them now but I want to read them in chronological order does anyone have a list of how it should be read?

Thanks
Old 2009-06-22, 04:41   Link #1023
Jintor

There's one up on Baka Tsuki, let me find it.

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...aruhi:Timeline
Old 2009-06-22, 04:59   Link #1024
stubby42

Thanks for the help, but man that list is complicated I'm struggling to read it correctly.
Old 2009-06-22, 05:11   Link #1025
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Not really. The only problems that should arise are volumes 2 and 3 being backwards and the stories from 5 and 6 being mixed in rather haphazardly.

Also, the timeline has a slight anime-induced error: novel-wise, Asahina Mikuru's Adventure is after Live A Live, as evidenced by its opening paragraphs.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-06-22, 05:20   Link #1026
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubby42 View Post
Thanks for the help, but man that list is complicated I'm struggling to read it correctly.
"Novel" is the title of the individual stories and the column you should follow for chronological order. "Volume" lists the book the particular story is found (notice the volume numbers are in mixed order when the stories are organized chronologically). The rest of the columns you can ignore for your purposes, although the "Anime (Season 2)" column should follow in numbering if speculations are correct.

So you will find yourself jumping from volume to volume if you read everything in chronological order. Example: "Endless Eight" is from volume 5, then we jump to "Sighs" from volume 2, then to volume 6, then back to volume 5, and so forth.

You could, of course, read the novels in the volume order and think of the stories that are taking place in the past (relative to the most current-time story) as flashbacks. Or just ignore the timeline altogether!
Old 2009-06-22, 14:13   Link #1027
stubby42

Thanks for the help guys that cleared it up alot, to be honnest I have a couple of learning difficulties (dyslexia and dyspraxia) that make seeing patterns difficult if a table isnt emidetly obvious I can stare at it for a long time before understanding it.

Its also why I dont like things out of order because I get confused.

That table has alot of that seems extra, I mean why does kyon and haruhi have a different order (and what do those numbers refer to?) and then theres the magazine stuff as well thats confusing.
Old 2009-06-22, 14:22   Link #1028
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

"Kyon order" is the way the first 14 episodes were broadcast; "Haruhi order" is the first 14 episodes in chronological order. They're named that way because the episode previews ended with Haruhi saying when the next episode takes place chronologically, with Kyon correcting her on the "proper" placement of the episode. Of course, now both orders are more or less irrelevant
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-06-22, 14:25   Link #1029
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

The one thing I didn't like about the DVDs is that they took out the previews with Haruhi and Kyon arguing about the order. Watching the season by manually selecting the Haruhi order episodes just doesn't have the same effect.

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
Old 2009-06-22, 14:38   Link #1030
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubby42 View Post
Thanks for the help guys that cleared it up alot, to be honnest I have a couple of learning difficulties (dyslexia and dyspraxia) that make seeing patterns difficult if a table isnt emidetly obvious I can stare at it for a long time before understanding it.

Its also why I dont like things out of order because I get confused.

That table has alot of that seems extra, I mean why does kyon and haruhi have a different order (and what do those numbers refer to?) and then theres the magazine stuff as well thats confusing.
As Kogetsu said, both Kyon's and Haruhi's order are for de anime and, now with the rerun, they are ivem more meanless.

If you want to read in order, you should stick on the "Novel" colunm. It say what story you should read. On the "Volume" colunm it say where you can find the story. For exemple, you should read the story "Charmed at First Sight LOVER" (that is fond on Volume 6) after "The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi" (Volume 4) and just before "Snow Mountain Syndrome" (Volume 5)

You should just ignore al the "Anime" colunms. The are about the anime, and you are reading the novels. Is usefull as curiosity, to say which episode each story is, but you should tell easily. The "Magazine" colunm are about where the storys were realesed for the first time (it was not on the books).

Sorry if my explanation was too confused or meanless. Hope I could help.
Old 2009-06-23, 00:19   Link #1031
Sepirts
Backward Stripes

So generally, what is the best fansub group to follow?
Old 2009-06-23, 00:40   Link #1032
kniteowl

Personally, I prefer a.f.k subs, they're slow (2-3 days wait after raws released) but they're the subs I reckon are superior, if you're picking a fansub group only on subs quality alone then a.f.k is the best choice.

If you're worried about encodes (graphics) whether they're High quality or not then I'm not too sure, I personally don't particularly care due to my old slow compuiter and my old school 4:3 CRT monitor lol.

Since my comp can't even play those High quality encodes since the audio & video are never in sync even with VLC.
Old 2009-06-24, 13:12   Link #1033
stubby42

Thanks for the help everyone greatly appricated.
Old 2009-06-27, 14:20   Link #1034
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

Many people still hate a.f.k. for translating "moe" with "turn-ons" in Haruhi and "tsundere" with "bipolar" in Lucky Star. Also, they use .avi instead of .mkv

Their subs are decent though. Mazui is speedsub, which means their subs aren't perfect. If you don't want to wait too long, use Mazui. However, I did appreciate the "Over~" they made Haruhi say on the phone (afk didn't have the tilde). Because of the way Haruhi said it, the tilde did fit.

My personal favourite was Dattebayo + Live-Evil, but they only subbed the first episode.
Old 2009-06-27, 14:23   Link #1035
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtrooper42 View Post
The one thing I didn't like about the DVDs is that they took out the previews with Haruhi and Kyon arguing about the order. Watching the season by manually selecting the Haruhi order episodes just doesn't have the same effect.
I didn't like the chronological order in the DVD's. The series just seems weaker that way.
Old 2009-06-27, 14:53   Link #1036
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
I didn't like the chronological order in the DVD's. The series just seems weaker that way.
This is why they didn't use the chronological order for the broadcast. It is weaker. DVD is for who had seen on TV and wanted to rewatch. In japan, at last.
Old 2009-06-29, 03:26   Link #1037
Jouzin
Haruhi and Louise fan :)

Hmm I have a bad feeling about me Guys are you gonna tell me that 2nd season of Haruhi is out ? Hmm crap what was I doing the whole 1,5 year ? Hmm now I am back to anime and manga world and I see that I have much to watch and read and everything...

Air TV and Air the movie best anime I have ever seen
Old 2009-06-29, 03:34   Link #1038
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Don't worry, there's only three episodes for you to catch up on.
Old 2009-06-29, 07:34   Link #1039
OkamiNoKaze

I still wonder why they decided to keep the Adventures of Mikuru as the first episode in the DVD order
Old 2009-06-29, 11:38   Link #1040
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
I still wonder why they decided to keep the Adventures of Mikuru as the first episode in the DVD order
I totally loves it as the 1st Episode(that muse be the reason), it often labelled Ep 0 as well.

Question: In Haruhi's 2nd phone call of Endless Eight Arc, she ended her sentence with something sound like "Oba", what does it means? (Fansub traslated it as "Roger", but does it really means so?