AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-07-18, 09:40   Link #41
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I'd want to see a Gundam series with actual battle tactics, well trained grunts that attack and defend in formations.

'Prototypes' and their pilots that actually know and rely on teamwork and can assist each other. Not just taking down entire armies alone.

Ship battles that uses fleet formations to overpower the opposition, captains and their crew that really work efficiently, not just single invincible ships.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 10:14   Link #42
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

One thing I really want to see is the grunts from both sides fighting eatch other. And then a gundam pops up. I want one of the grunts to yell, "IT'S A GUNDAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then try to get the hell out of there but the gundam kills him anyway.
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 11:38   Link #43
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
@ Shining Greatness

Yeah, I'm with you too. I want to go back to the days when a grunt sees a Gundam, it's a GUNDAM and that he better get out of the way...in the CE it seems as if it doesn't matter if you're just a random person with Gundamjacking experience...and once you get a Gundam you become canon fodder, no matter if your MS IS a Gundam... (cough cough EXTENDEDS cough ) Gundams used to be SO kickass until the CE crew moved in...

Oh, and one other thing: when it comes to making a series, they should stop making "Special Editions". I mean, what's the POINT of creating a series wherein the director and the writer could make up another batch of edited scenes and so destroy the fluidity of what the other fans know as canon canon? and which is canon, or is everything all canon? They wasted fans' enjoyment over creating such a crappy show; it's as if they're blatantly telling the world that their previous outing "sucked" big time, and they had to make up for it...it's like a director's cut wherein the cut either satisfy/ didn't satisfy fans of characters in question and create a whole new plethora of plot holes. I mean, if they wanted a good show, they could make it up by writing GOOD shows the first time around, right? It would also help if the show in question doesn't NEED a manga to corraborate plot holes in the story line, when it wasn't CLEARLY shown in the show.

@ C.A.
  • I'm also more of the prototype thing, wherein the prototype is the only thing that could do specialized moves in which it's next incarnation can't do. It would make the Gundam special, or a particular MS/grunt suit special; it wouldn't make the entire battlefield a circus of "who's the better pilot/what's the better suit" in terms of flashy attack sequences of "copied" technology. It would show how pilots actually tackle the problem of having a lack of technology on their MS at hand and show tactics in fighting the entire enemy battalion or its signature Gundam or what have you. It's not like I don't like a fair fight, but it doesn't mean that a fair fight has to entail copied technologies of each other...it's totally useless...Noin didn't need a Gundam to be so kickass like that...even Zechs... (unless Tallgeese was a Gundam and I stand to be corrected...>.>;; )
  • Grunts should be given intelligence equal to or even more than the protagonist in question (in terms of MS combat). And they should be given the ability of all out loyalty even if their boss is a whacko that deserves eternal imprisonment on the other side of the cosmos. Protagonist may lack intelligence, but makes up for it big time with his creativity and practicality to complement this weakness (using his own Gundam!).
  • Protagonists shouldn't be instant geniuses the first time they get into a Gundam cockpit. Also, they should be given enough time to try out their suit and utilize its full potential before graduating into more advanced upgrades (the unfortunate MS in question should be given enough screen time first before deciding to blow up or something). They also deserve real time losing in order to make their character development way balanced and that they actually came out of that slump in a realistic way.
  • In terms of heroines, or love interests, I'd rather have them with strong characters (that she actually changed throughout the series and that she has grown to love the hero for the way he is), and not just your usual damsel in distress that has to be saved time and time again, or generally confused all the time. It would be wonderful that she could pilot an MS or a Gundam, but it doesn't mean that she has to pilot one (it only adds bonus points...I still love my Fllay Strike Rouge piccies... ). She has to appear with flaws so that she could be forgiven in spite of being paired up with the main character/hero (cough cough GODDESS cough). People who fall in love generally both have flaws, and the reason why they got together is so that they could generally help each other to overcome these faults and stay together in spite of this fact, not just because they fell in love and that's it. Couples go through emotional turmoil and what have you, but in spite of it all, they still love each other because they're willing to accept those faults, and wouldn't try to change them forcefully so that he or she could stand her or him. And best of all...the heroine should make her significant other human, not just some bigwig Gundam pilot. She supports him in his endeavors, and would still try to understand that he can't always be this way or that, and not all things stay that way. She may not be perfect, but she's willing to go the extra mile so that she would be there for him, no matter what; and that she will understand him and try to protect him if she can. Killer wardrobe, special sentient pets, and uber powers of The Force always come in handy, but not by that much. To paraphrase something from Chrono Cross, the heroine should be the moon; she may not shine much like the sun, but she is important as a guidepost to light the hero's way in the night. Or so I think.
  • Also, the general populace (AKA the entire world of the next series) should be intelligent just like the grunts (the grunts that I propose in this post). The hell they don't need other people running their own lives for them. Where are their voices in this farce? I believe that Gundam should not only show the what the good guys and bad guys see, also those caught in between, BECAUSE they're the ones directly affected. Forget following nondescript leaders, this is THEIR turf and nobody should dictate them into what they think, feel, or do. It would be nice if the hero/heroine in the next series came from the general populace and show those 2 warring factions what it's like to be caught in between and having to survive their own petty word wars that turned into an all out war. Heroes/heroines having special status of being sons or daughters of powerful politicians should be set to a minimum (like maybe just the important role of being a scion of a powerful political parent given to only one or not more than 5; and it doesn't mean they're pacifists). It would make the war less complicated to deal with in deciding the black and white areas of the story, or maybe turn everything gray, and dubious actions of "good guys" turn out to be evil after all (it all goes hand in hand with common sense).

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!

Last edited by Eidolon Sniper; 2006-07-18 at 11:43. Reason: Fixed listing...? >.>;;
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 14:58   Link #44
grandmaster192

Another thing that I forgot to add is that I would like to see the main Anti-hero rival type character start of with non gundam MS that can kick some ass! Like a Gouf custum or something.....That would kick so mutch ass!
Old 2006-07-18, 15:11   Link #45
Silent Soldier
Z.A.F.T Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Greatness
Another thing that I forgot to add is that I would like to see the main Anti-hero rival type character start of with non gundam MS that can kick some ass! Like a Gouf custum or something.....That would kick so mutch ass!
That would be nice to see a non MS and hold his own against a gundam and be piloted by the anti-hero. Destiny kinda ruined the whole feeling of having a gundam. There were so many running around that they were no longer special to have one and people's attitudes were so unfazed when they saw one it was just like any other mobile suit.
Silent Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 15:43   Link #46
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

No, I'm fine withe the CE gundams. It just shows that even gundams are not invincible.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 15:51   Link #47
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

In no particular order:
- invisible projectiles. In CE, they have mirage colloide and Neutron Jammers which hinder long range detection, so it should be possible to start a battle with an invisible artillery barrage.

- invisible space mines.

- code locked gundams. It should not be possible for anyone to just walk into the latest prototype and start it up.

- on-board computer that would be able to make tactical suggestions and have a usable auto-pilot you could remotely give instructions to. (Though to explain the need for human pilots, the computer shouldn't be as inspired as humans)

- a well-adjusted protagonist. Not some kind of psycho with anger management issues, or an emo kid dropped in a situation he never imagined. I want someone with clear goals, the intelligence to see how to reach them, the courage to do what must be done, and the moral integrity not to take the "easy way".

- a well-adjusted antagonist. Just because he opposes the protagonist shouldn't mean he's a genocidal maniac.

- no ego trips. Neither the hero nor the villain should give a rat's ass about who's the better pilot. "Fair fights are for suckers" should be their motto. If they have an numerical advantage, or an opportunity for a surprise attack, they should not throw it away.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 15:58   Link #48
grandmaster192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh

- no ego trips. Neither the hero nor the villain should give a rat's ass about who's the better pilot. "Fair fights are for suckers" should be their motto. If they have an numerical advantage, or an opportunity for a surprise attack, they should not throw it away.
I disagree with that. A great pilot should take pride in his skills.
Old 2006-07-18, 16:04   Link #49
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Greatness
I disagree with that. A great pilot should take pride in his skills.
He can boast around his victory beer. But he should fight - and kill - for life, not glory. A war is something horrible, not a sporting event.

Besides, there is something quite disgusting about killing people just to satisfy your ego.
Old 2006-07-18, 16:20   Link #50
grandmaster192

IAll I'm saying is that the anti hero character should be a man of honor. A guy that feel the man makes the machine. Zechs and Gato didn't fight for glory.
Old 2006-07-18, 16:41   Link #51
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

And I'm saying a proficiency for killing people should a mean, not an end.
Old 2006-07-18, 17:46   Link #52
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Also more MA usage...It's like in the C.E. you have to be a Whotype to get one...MA's are awesome and provide so many cool maneuvers and tactics...In the UC MA's routinley challenge Gundams...Funnels, sheilds, turrents all on wires and stuff, it's just cool to look at when they are in intense battle...Even Neo in EXASS kicked major a$$ visually.....Mobile Armours need to make a comeback...I know Mwu was the only sonovab!tch to survive but damn you'd think the EAF would have started another MA program...Screw the logic lets see more MA's...
Old 2006-07-18, 18:02   Link #53
grandmaster192

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Also more MA usage...It's like in the C.E. you have to be a Whotype to get one...MA's are awesome and provide so many cool maneuvers and tactics...In the UC MA's routinley challenge Gundams...Funnels, sheilds, turrents all on wires and stuff, it's just cool to look at when they are in intense battle...Even Neo in EXASS kicked major a$$ visually.....Mobile Armours need to make a comeback...I know Mwu was the only sonovab!tch to survive but damn you'd think the EAF would have started another MA program...Screw the logic lets see more MA's...
MA's are cool but we have Mobile suits that can transform into a MA mode. Like the Wing Zero and Epyon. I would like to see more grunt MS have this freature though. that would be great! A MA Zaku! lol
Old 2006-07-18, 18:18   Link #54
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^No I'm talking pure MA's, not STARSCREAM or SKYWARP or any other transformers(Can't remember what else transforms besides SAVOIR anyways)...I want them UC style...Created with that specific purpose of being armours...One thing Tomino used to do every series is have one team of pilots that had totally different MS's or MA's unique to their team...I'd like to see a special force of fighters which use just MA's...Obviously this is my own Gundam touch ignoring the fact that Gundams in the CE are unbeatably unbelievably...
Old 2006-07-18, 20:21   Link #55
grandmaster192

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
^No I'm talking pure MA's, not STARSCREAM or SKYWARP or any other transformers(Can't remember what else transforms besides SAVOIR anyways)...I want them UC style...Created with that specific purpose of being armours...One thing Tomino used to do every series is have one team of pilots that had totally different MS's or MA's unique to their team...I'd like to see a special force of fighters which use just MA's...Obviously this is my own Gundam touch ignoring the fact that Gundams in the CE are unbeatably unbelievably...
Well if you put that way then it would be cool. But I still prefer the transforming MA's. Imagin if the Freedom could turn into this.

Meh, I'm a huge MA mode on MS fan.