AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kashimashi

Notices

Old 2007-05-20, 03:13   Link #501
kevin13
Disabled By Request

It's very good
kevin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 11:42   Link #502
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackstream View Post
Personally, with the anime, I would have prefered they ended it at episode 12 just before the ending where Yasuna decides to walk her own path again.
I kind of agree. The first time I watched the 13th episode I was very dissapointed. I thought Yashuna came across as kind of cold (like she used Hasuma and then discarded her when she didn't need her any more), and Hazuma came across as kind of shallow, running back to Tomari after getting "dumped" and expecting Tomari to take her back. I didn't blame Tomari for being resentful of Hazuma expecting her to be happy as the "second choice". The whole thing kind of made a mockery of the emotional events of the last few episodes.

I didn't resent the episode quite as much the second time I viewed it, but if they absolutly had to re-arrange the relationships in episode 13, I think they could have done it in a better way, that didn't damage our opinions of the characters involved.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-21, 20:13   Link #503
Zeytoo0

Send a message via MSN to Zeytoo0
I have a completely different view on it, in my opinion, Tomari and Hazumo had always wanted to be together in the first place - deep down they wanted each other the most, but when it came to Yasunas' health being in the mix they decided to not take it futher and Hazumo went with Yasuna, however after Yasuna returned to normal she could see this fact and let Hazumo go back to Tomari where she could truly be happy.

I loved the way it ended, I always wanted Tomari and Hazumo together in the first place :P
Zeytoo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 13:13   Link #504
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but I found that the 13th episode definitely fits better after listening to the last track on the Kashimashi Drama CD, which is a transition from the end of episode 12 to the "ano ne..." scene from Yasuna's perspective. Unfortunately Drama CDs don't tend to be fan-translated, but I'd highly recommend giving it a listen. With that extra scene, plus the hints dropped in the show, I found that the 13th episode fit pretty well. YMMV, of course.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-30, 20:38   Link #505
Zeytoo0

Hmm, volume 1 is out soon in the US on DVD... thinking about importing it along with haruhi (im british), anyone else getting it?
Old 2007-05-31, 07:49   Link #506
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeytoo0 View Post
in my opinion, Tomari and Hazumo had always wanted to be together in the first place -
I do kind of agree with you about Tomari and Hazumo. I do think they belonged together. I just think the way the Tomari/Hazumo/Yasuna triagle was resolved were just mishandled and made Hazumo and Yasuma look bad. Perahaps it was just the rush to squeeze everything into one episode, but I just thought it could have been done better, in a way that kept my sympathy for all the characters intact.

Quote:
Hmm, volume 1 is out soon in the US on DVD... thinking about importing it along with haruhi (im british), anyone else getting it?
I was thinking about it, although I was dissapointed to hear the R1 DVDs are going to be sub-only. I may still pick them up if I can get them at a good price, but it does make them less attractive.
Old 2007-05-31, 20:22   Link #507
Zeytoo0

Id never watch the dub anyway so it doesnt bother me...
Old 2007-05-31, 20:50   Link #508
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Well... sub-only ought to save them a ton of money and make series much cheaper per disc. I won't miss any dubs but I guess we'll see.
Old 2007-06-01, 16:38   Link #509
Zeytoo0

Im assuming the lack of dub is due to the company being so small, if you look at the licensers you'll see that they're not very big. They probably cant afford a big project like dubbing.

Not that it would help in any way.
Old 2007-06-02, 08:34   Link #510
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Well... sub-only ought to save them a ton of money and make series much cheaper per disc. I won't miss any dubs but I guess we'll see.
Well, I can understand the economics of the decision. They evidently see this as a "fringe" series without a lot of mainstream appeal that probably won't sell a lot of copies, anyway. So, if it's a choice of doing a sub-only release, or not doing any release at all that's cool. Plus the price is really attractive (street price of $15-16US for a four episode DVD) so I will probably be picking it up anyway.
Old 2007-06-04, 12:39   Link #511
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

aye... I have a personal rule that if I enjoyed a fansub enough to finish watching it and keep it -- I buy the R1 when it comes out.

So I'll be adding this to the budget.
Old 2007-06-04, 19:39   Link #512
Zeytoo0

Same here, ill always buy it providing I liked it enough (and I can afford it).

I like having the boxes anyway + you gain satisfaction from the fact that you know you contributed to the making of it :P
Old 2007-06-04, 22:44   Link #513
X207
Gamyūsa

yay, there is still some posters in this section. i saw all 13 eps although i had to see french subs rather than english. on the net you cant always find wat you want so i setled for french subs. swats the deal with ayuki?
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 06:47   Link #514
Zeytoo0

You couldnt find the English subs? I found em straight away, just gotta be looking on the right trackers :O

I dont see anything with Ayuki, shes just one of those stood-on-the-sidelines characters to me.

Last edited by Zeytoo0; 2007-06-05 at 06:48. Reason: fergot the second paragraph >_>
Old 2007-06-05, 15:47   Link #515
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
You couldnt find the English subs? I found em straight away, just gotta be looking on the right trackers :O

I dont see anything with Ayuki, shes just one of those stood-on-the-sidelines characters to me.
found a online vid streamimg site with french subs similar to youtube
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 19:06   Link #516
Zeytoo0

Just search on the major trackers for it, you can download the full series... or better yet, buy the DVDs :P First one is out on the 12th.
Old 2008-04-15, 10:06   Link #517
jtstellar

throughout the series i guess yasuna can say whatever suits her interest.. just that personally in real life it's more convenient for others sometimes if they just get a straight answer and they can make better judgments based on everyone's interest instead of having to deal with these dodgy responses because of some weird mental instability.. yasuna can certainly just care about her own interest.. not really helpful for anyone else to be around her. anyway, as how it is, whatever benefits her.. making friend is no magic i suppose.
jtstellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 16:42   Link #518
mamina fan
Ninjas pwn all

Not to sound like a 15 year old pervert but i personally loved the show and manga but hazumu in both ended up with tomari i found that cute but i wonder if he shoulda ended up with asuta that would have been funny

mamina fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, genderbender, romance, seinen, yuri