AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-05-16, 16:51   Link #1981
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

i dont see how, not in 12 episodes anyway. Unless of course they butcher it to bits again in which case all bets are off
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-16, 20:55   Link #1982
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

We gotta wait till season2 to see if they've butchered the manga chapters in to separate series. Until then it's the waiting game again.
Old 2008-05-16, 21:00   Link #1983
Midonin
Last Engage

The presence of Kurumu and Mizore's mothers (plus Kyou) on the sole scan we have for Capu2 indicates that the school festival will make an appearance. It's just a matter of everything before that making it in...
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-16, 21:30   Link #1984
X207
Gamyūsa

id rather they stay with se1 of the manga than butcher another season by sacrificing both seasons worth of manga.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-17, 16:05   Link #1985
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I would have both. Anime for moving images with sound plus ecchier scenes and the manga for more story and plot with the Youkai school. gotta love them both!
Old 2008-05-17, 16:29   Link #1986
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
I would have both. Anime for moving images with sound plus ecchier scenes and the manga for more story and plot with the Youkai school. gotta love them both!
ive had my dose of ecchi scenes fro RV se1 already. i hope they cut it down 90% in se2 and actually anime an actual storyline properly. though it is gonzo so i hope against hope that they'll do a good job this time around.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-18, 19:22   Link #1987
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

They will since it's the feed back of the fans that they'll listen too. The ecchi in season1 I guess is the come on part they had in mind, but didn't work since most fans of R+V are manga readers which would rather stick to the storyline with less ecchi.
Old 2008-05-18, 21:21   Link #1988
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
They will since it's the feed back of the fans that they'll listen too. The ecchi in season1 I guess is the come on part they had in mind, but didn't work since most fans of R+V are manga readers which would rather stick to the storyline with less ecchi.
The real question is "are manga readers going to buy the DVD?” Rosario sold well, over 6k for its first volume which is a rather decent number, so what does this say about the market, was ecchi the main point in hooking people up. Maybe it means nothing to some ^^,

Of course empirical evidence is only statistical numbers, what’s important is studio should listen to their customers and not the fans. A differentiation between fans and customers are important while a fan may object its not going to have any impact if sales are the main driving force behind most studio (except sunrise/Gainax).

EDIT.
I'm surprise this thread is still continuing. at this stage i'm curious on the sales for volume 2 sale should be interesting, considering trend analysis it should drop marginally.

Last edited by Nemuru; 2008-05-18 at 21:32.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-18, 22:02   Link #1989
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

If you read the manga, you would understand why this thread is still going on, the fans want the 2nd season to show the epicness that the manga brought.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-18, 22:18   Link #1990
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
If you read the manga, you would understand why this thread is still going on, the fans want the 2nd season to show the epicness that the manga brought.
I've read the manga but stop somewhere around chapter 34, waiting for scanlation or something, with the abundance number of harem title release this season I'm just losing interesting in harem genre in general.

Well my expectation for season 2 only consist of seeing chapter 21-34 being animated, since it covers my most favourite arc and more scene involving Tsukune in action.
Old 2008-05-19, 09:01   Link #1991
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
The real question is "are manga readers going to buy the DVD?” Rosario sold well, over 6k for its first volume which is a rather decent number, so what does this say about the market, was ecchi the main point in hooking people up. Maybe it means nothing to some ^^,

Of course empirical evidence is only statistical numbers, what’s important is studio should listen to their customers and not the fans. A differentiation between fans and customers are important while a fan may object its not going to have any impact if sales are the main driving force behind most studio (except sunrise/Gainax).

EDIT.
I'm surprise this thread is still continuing. at this stage i'm curious on the sales for volume 2 sale should be interesting, considering trend analysis it should drop marginally.
The problem here is that by ignoring the fans you alienate your first source of income. Fans are the people who would que the day before to buy a release (done that a few times lol). Ignoring fans is pretty much suicide. Sure you may get sales, but if you alienate the fans those sales aren't going to be maintained.

A mate of mine bought the first DVD, but has already said he wouldn't be buying the others, and he's not alone, others i talked to have said similar things.

You need to balance customers and fans, and realise that the two are interchangable. If you don't, then you shouldn't be selling stuff period
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-19, 09:33   Link #1992
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
I hope is DOESN'T sell, maybe then they will get the message: STOP BUTCHERING GOOD MANGA DAMNIT!!!!
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-19, 13:37   Link #1993
rg4619

Quote:
A mate of mine bought the first DVD, but has already said he wouldn't be buying the others, and he's not alone, others i talked to have said similar things.

You need to balance customers and fans, and realise that the two are interchangable. If you don't, then you shouldn't be selling stuff period
We'll have to see how sales drop off, both for this season and the next.

However, in most cases, sales of "100% hated" shows tend to get stifled from the start rather than mid-series. After all, the broadcast serves as a preview screening for consumers (come purchase time, it filters out most people who hate the show, even for popular IP). This probably killed Kimikiss pure rouge and affected Minami-ke Okawari.

Looking at DVD numbers, some butchered/T&A adaptations still manage to do okay. Rosario to Vampire and Zero no Tsukaima II both sold well and received positive feedback on Amazon, so some buyers must be pleased. They might've sold better had the producers tried, but with low production costs and reasonably satisfied customers, the outcome might be good enough for studios.

Quote:
I hope is DOESN'T sell, maybe then they will get the message: STOP BUTCHERING GOOD MANGA DAMNIT!!!!
I agree. Sadly, the market just doesn't work the way we want it to. Mediocrity can be rewarded (popular IP + cheap production + over-the-top fan service. There's apparently enough demand for that, no matter how many people complain), while quality efforts can go to waste.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-19, 16:54   Link #1994
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

The one thing the producers need to do is make the customers FANS also to get a good market sell. They will listen to feedback and get ideas and generate more interest not just in the manga, but in the anime as well.
Old 2008-05-19, 21:33   Link #1995
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

^_^ I Preordered all of the English Volumes coming out that I could. I can't Wait!!!!!!

and i wonder who are gonna be the VA's for the Anime... i hope no Overused ones.
Old 2008-05-19, 21:48   Link #1996
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
^_^ I Preordered all of the English Volumes coming out that I could. I can't Wait!!!!!!

and i wonder who are gonna be the VA's for the Anime... i hope no Overused ones.
do you mean VA's for season 2? It should be the same as season 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANN encyclopedia
Daisuke Kishio as Tsukune Aono
Nana Mizuki as Moka Akashiya
Kikuko Inoue as Shizuka Nekonome
Kimiko Koyama as Yukari Sendō
Misato Fukuen as Kurumu Kurono
Rie Kugimiya as Mizore Shirayuki
Saeko Chiba as Rubi Tōjō
Takehito Koyasu as Nazo Koumori
Tomokazu Seki as Ginei Morioka
Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619
I agree. Sadly, the market just doesn't work the way we want it to. Mediocrity can be rewarded (popular IP + cheap production + over-the-top fan service. There's apparently enough demand for that, no matter how many people complain), while quality efforts can go to waste
I find the market to be quite interesting especially the R1 market where action genre are more rewarding when it comes to DVD sales. Work from production I.G usually under sell with animes like Moribito - Guardian of the Spirit. On another note I'm surprise Ikki Tousen Dragon Destiny did so well, lol. more food for thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima
The one thing the producers need to do is make the customers FANS also to get a good market sell. They will listen to feedback and get ideas and generate more interest not just in the manga, but in the anime as well.
I do believe they do listen to fans feedback or else we wouldn't get a cut in panty shots with each episode ^^,
Old 2008-05-20, 07:39   Link #1997
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
I do believe they do listen to fans feedback or else we wouldn't get a cut in panty shots with each episode ^^,
Ohhh Japan really!
Old 2008-05-21, 01:48   Link #1998
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Kurumu DVD. vol2

BONUS! a cute close up!

Old 2008-05-21, 17:38   Link #1999
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Nice pics, thanks
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-22, 00:25   Link #2000
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

No I mean the English Voice acters @_@

I'm making a OC for Rosario + Vampire, It seems making a fan fic would be easy for this Series... Hes gonna be a Fire Youkai and gonna fall in love with Mizore, of course he'll start out as a Villian who hates Tsukune because of Mizore stalking him and not Kyero. His Fire is almost as strong as the Yoko dude. here's a pic of what he will look like

(A actual picture of him. not stolen from anyone)

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2008-05-22 at 00:36.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, romance, shounen, vampire