AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hyouka

Notices

Old 2012-04-16, 02:34   Link #441
brocko

lol were there any males with K-ON in the first place? I don't recall any, and no the turtule doesn't count (at least i think it was a male haha)

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 03:06   Link #442
GreatTeacherKen

^^

There was Satoshi, Ritsu's brother (and he only appears in the anime), Sawako's coworker who sometimes admonishes Sawako, and a bunch of male background extras.

But there are basically no male characters important to the story or characterization at all. The girls are rarely shown interacting with men so there's virtually no male presence in K-ON!
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 03:14   Link #443
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The only guy that interacts with them more than once that has anything really to say is the music store clerk.

Other shown for a little bit is the groom at the wedding Death Devil plays at.
Old 2012-04-17, 02:03   Link #444
webkid94
*Author

Eru totally looks like Rea from Sankarea..and I swear if Yuuichi Nakamura was an anime character he'd look like Hotarou. I know KyoAni wont disappoint.

Oh boy I just hope the rest of the cast is likeable, especially Satoshi..I've never liked any of Daisuke Sakaguchi's characters (they're all the BFF of the protagonist) especially as a 'certain' character in a certain Production I.G. show that may or may not have the word 'Crown' in the title.
webkid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 18:16   Link #445
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for scan:
Old 2012-04-17, 19:39   Link #446
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
I seriously can't picture Ritsu's voice on the main girl. I'm sure she won't sound like her for the most part.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 01:18   Link #447
rulfo

5 more days. I'm curious how the OP will look like.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 01:36   Link #448
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm just saying thank gods its a co-ed cast and for that alone I'll give it a look.
Old 2012-04-19, 19:38   Link #449
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
In their final pre-airing update, KyoAni updated their site with an outline page of the first episode (The Revival of the Traditional Classics Club), a comment from Nakagami Ryuuta, the director of photography, and a new blog entry talking about the event held last Saturday and the net-radio show.

In addition, the official site put up an ad for the net-radio show starting tonight at 22:00 (JST). In the ad, you'll be able to hear the voices used for Chitanda Eru (Satou Satomi) and Fukube Satoshi (Sakaguchi Daisuke).

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 20:08   Link #450
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Looks like he is going to sound a lot like Sunohara while Satomi won't sound like Ritsu so far.
Old 2012-04-19, 20:23   Link #451
GreatTeacherKen

Since Nakamura Yuuichi's playing Oreki, it's going to be a reunion between Okazaki and Sunohara.

According to its myanimelist page, the novel series was finished in 2010. I presume that the anime going to adapt the entire novel series?
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 20:27   Link #452
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTeacherKen View Post
The novel series was finished in 2010. I presume that the anime going to adapt the entire novel series?
Technically the series is still on-going. The fifth novel was not really a conclusion, but nothing has been published in any literary magazines since. For reasons I won't state, I feel only the first four novels will be adapted. Only those four are being re-published this year with anime character covers, so that lends credence to that theory.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 01:13   Link #453
rulfo

Wow... That really caught me off guard. If I didn't know who was voicing Eru, I might've not been able to correctly guess who it was.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 13:45   Link #454
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Two more days!
Old 2012-04-21, 01:08   Link #455
leokiko

Tottaly forgot about this. Probably won't watch it, this season has been too packed with awesomeness already. But if it's good I might marathon it later.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 13:23   Link #456
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
Tottaly forgot about this. Probably won't watch it, this season has been too packed with awesomeness already. But if it's good I might marathon it later.
I'm watching this over Fate Zero. Fate Zero is awesome, but I stopped after 9 episodes and decided to wait by the end of the year to marathon that show instead and fully focus on Hyouka during it's initial airing instead.

I can see where you coming from I guess.
Old 2012-04-21, 13:51   Link #457
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
Two more days!
Wait, for real?

oh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 13:57   Link #458
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
I'm watching this over Fate Zero. Fate Zero is awesome, but I stopped after 9 episodes and decided to wait by the end of the year to marathon that show instead and fully focus on Hyouka during it's initial airing instead.

I can see where you coming from I guess.
There are definitely a lot of good shows to watch this season. If Hyouka is good, though, I don't mind making more space in my week for it.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 14:07   Link #459
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Wait, for real?

oh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
More like 24 hours now plus a few more for subs.
Old 2012-04-22, 04:29   Link #460
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

I thought this airs today. . . or does it?

Tags
adaptation, shounen, slice of life