AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

View Poll Results: Kill La Kill - Episode 25 [OVA] Rating
Perfect 10 8 23.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 32.35%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 23.53%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 11.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 5.88%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.94%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-12-11, 22:02   Link #21
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Never say never.
In my opinion, while the theme was about letting go of the past and looking for a new life now that Life Fiber's on Earth of virtually gone, was really grand storytelling. Also, I believe that final Red starlight at the end was a possible Nod to a sequel. No matter whether it was Senketsu or other Life Fiber's out there in the Cosmos.

I am very happy to have watched this show, whether it deserves it's hype/recognition or not I believe it delivered a fantastic world full of very interesting characters. Love it or hate it, but it's a definite plus in my book.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13

Last edited by Ravagerblade; 2014-12-11 at 22:15.
Old 2015-04-04, 17:02   Link #22
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Last GoodBye

Well, it's practically been a year since I left my last post for Kill La Kill, and here I am reviving for one more time this sub-forum to pay my last farewells for this show which was a blazing, hell of a ride a year ago.

The episode felt more of a closure, epilogue episode than a real OVA to me, and it focuses on what each of the characters plan to do next with their lives after graduating now with Ragyo's threat forever gone for good.

Ryuuko doesn't have troubles on what she wants to do next while moving on, since at the series finale Senketsu counseled one last time that she had outgrown her sailor uniform and to carry on trying and wearing new dresses as she's maturing. Nevertheless, Ryuko made a point in episode 25 that while Senketsu is gone and the past cannot be rewind the memories of their adventures together stay in her heart to carry them herself.

If you ask my opinion, the epilogue episode invested the greatest share upon Satsuki, because she's sort facing a life crisis of sorts on what to do next now that she has approached her coming-of-age milestone.
Each one of us that has gone through our respective coming-of-age moment understands that feeling of fear and uncertainty about the unknown future the moment that we have to carry on with our lives now that personal independence has been reached.

Satsuki for over a decade had a set goal in body and mind, and that was to defeat and destroy Ragyo Kiryuuin for good. With that goal accomplished everything else served her purpose. However, we the audience know how Satsuki managed to grow-up readily by watching the TV anime, and how she learn to treasure value of all those that stood by and walked behind her.

It wasn't an easy process for Satsuki to start moving on again with her life, but she was able to do so. Symbolically, cutting off her hair strands pave way for two meanings 1) to pay her respectful farewell to Honnouji academy and laying to rest the past, and 2) as we saw at the closing moments of the series finale episode (the previous one before this one), Satsuki embracing her new life in the future trying new wardrobe along with Ryuuko and Mato.

A few people posted that all the awesome stuff that was put into use in the epilogue episode should had been used in the final fight against Ragyo, however, I definitely say that it was a blessing that all the gadgets and weapons saved for this episode were used in the epilogue in order to make it a blazing-of-glory epilogue full of epic momentum that may well or not reached the caliber of the series finale's end boss fight.

Glad that Satsuki found a new resolve for herself, glad that the Shitennou laid to rest each of their respective pasts, glad that Ryuuko moved along with Mako and her family carrying Senketsus' memory within her, and glad that this epilogue exceeded my expectations.

Personally, I cried a bit at the part when and where Satsuki tells Hououmaru that the latter is a needed in the new world that they have created.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace
A great send off, but it's a sad feeling knowing that there will probably never be a sequel.
To the MODS that know me well, indeed, it's pitiful we might not be able to see a sequel perhaps ever again. Nevertheless, we can continue to look forward on what TRIGGER will deliver for their next project in the near future.
Old 2015-06-06, 17:08   Link #23
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

I didn't even know there was an OVA for Kill La kill until I checked this section. It's definitely a better closure than episode 24.
Closed Thread

Tags
trigger