AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-09-15, 02:30   Link #3281
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
On the topic of general anime discussion, how does anyone see the 2nd half ending?

Remember that:

(1)L-Elf & Haruto still have to bring revolution to Dorssia.
(2)The Third Galactic Reich will rise.
(3)We have a 200+ year time skip.
(4)Future Saki seems to be at war with those "bull" mecha.
(5)+ many minor details (L-Elf/Haruto's "descendent," Future Saki joining the Magius, etc...)
To be honest I don't think they intend to go in depth on anything other than the Dorssia revolution; which will most likely tie into the whole Magius conspiracy. The other things you mention are probably not meant to be as big a deal as fandom thinks. If the show gets extra seasons however they may be fleshed out more.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 07:10   Link #3282
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Magius may have superior genes, but vampires can't reproduce babies though can proliferate through fang-raping or blood exchange or modifying human DNA. A union between a human and a vampire, though fiction is too unrealistic to be possible, is plausible.

Anyways, Shoko's love affection toward *----- will be diverted to her piling tasks of being a leader. There won't be any room for romance unless *---- will spend more time with her. L Elf x Shoko seems legit.
Old 2013-09-15, 11:44   Link #3283
shalala

Based off the 2 scenes that we have been with the time skip I can't help but fill that something bad had happen to Haruto. All in all I very much like the show. There where some issuses with it like if m-77 is meant to be a weapons city why did all the teachers leave if all of them are meant to be in the army. Unless L-elf killed them all. Why isn't Jior trying to make contact with them seeing how they where the ones that help built the machines and when will we see Dr tokishima? Given based off what Phys Teacher said he was the one that made it.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 12:00   Link #3284
Destined_Fate

Romance has a way of making room! ....For Shoko x L-Elf! >_> I mean they're going to be working together and keeping even more secrets with each other as it's better to protect the nation if they didn't know about some of the hard choices that Shoko will be forced to make during her reign. So Shoko will end up relying and leaning on L-Elf more for emotional support as time goes on and he'll continue to be caught off guard by her antics.

-

I actually see Haruto being killed or sealed away at the very end as he wants the curse to end with him. Somehow they could have his sacrifice be a way to remove all vampire powers from everyone else so they don't have to be cursed anymore.

Of he survives in the end with Saki and cries because of everything that happened and because all of their old friendships are long over because they died of old age. Example - Shoko and L-Elf.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 14:23   Link #3285
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Personally, I don't think any of our leads are gonna get a happy ending.
Old 2013-09-15, 14:50   Link #3286
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
To be honest I don't think they intend to go in depth on anything other than the Dorssia revolution; which will most likely tie into the whole Magius conspiracy. The other things you mention are probably not meant to be as big a deal as fandom thinks. If the show gets extra seasons however they may be fleshed out more.
That'll be such a cruel tease. Why bother to introduce a future element if you're not going to explore/capitalize on it?

I think S2 will focus on New Jior's expansion & give some insight into the Magius. That's sufficient for 12 episodes. The entire S1 was to properly introduce the pilots. 12 episodes to introduce 5 of 7, I think they are stretching the series on purpose. If they really wanted to wrap this up quickly, they could've introduced the pilots all in one episode or three episodes at most.

So I'd place my bets on this series becoming a franchise. They've already laid the foundation, so it wouldn't be hard to continue. We have an unknown 200+ year period that can easily produce side stories & continuations. We have one confirmed 'immortal' character that can become a mascot for the franchise & become a guide for future protags, etc...

Sunrise really likes mecha. Gundam & Code Geass are already two booming franchises, if VVV joins in...sunrise will definitely cement their legacy as THE ultimate mecha studio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Personally, I don't think any of our leads are gonna get a happy ending.
Why'd you think that? Future Saki actually looks more at peace than current Saki & we haven't seen what becomes of the other three. So it's still up in the air, if anything, Haruto has the highest chances of a 'sad' ending.

Given Okuchi's reputation for killing off the protags...(Iori from Guilty Crown & Lelouch from Code Geass) Haruto may join them soon enough.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2013-09-15 at 15:04.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 15:15   Link #3287
Fjoergyn

I do not think Saki is the only survivor. There are many ways to change the course of history, we hope to see it happen.

I am very interested in the character of Cain and his superior training in L-11
Fjoergyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 15:15   Link #3288
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Why'd you think that? Future Saki actually looks more at peace than current Saki & we haven't seen what becomes of the other three. So it's still up in the air, if anything, Haruto has the highest chances of a 'sad' ending.

Given Okuchi's reputation for killing off the protags...(Iori from Guilty Crown & Lelouch from Code Geass) Haruto may join them soon enough.
If Saki actually has to kill Haruto, then I wouldn't call that a happy ending for her. You know, being forced to kill the man you love.

As with L-Elf, I don't think seem him getting out of this unscathed. Look at Suzaku(Even though he has more in common with Haruto) and Gai. Neither of them got a happy ending. Perhaps, the revolution is successful but he's exiled or something. *Edit*

We're both in agreement on Haruto pretty much.

With Shoko, I could see her being the catalyst of sorts for Haruto. Her death could cause Haruto to become the Galactic Emperor.
Old 2013-09-15, 15:18   Link #3289
Destined_Fate

I do agree that Saki seems happy after the time skip even after so much time had passed. She also seemed at peace and resolute.

For L-Elf I mainly seem him suffering through the Princess being his enemy than dying later even when he tries to save her.

Shoko has already suffered a great deal in the series, though her reaction to learning what Haruto and the others are, and that they kept it from her, may be hard on her. Another way to get her to spend less time with Haruto, whom she doesn't know anymore, and more time with L-Elf.

I don't see Shoko dying in a dramatic way, she'll most likely die from old age with maybe her friendship with Haruto fractured because of all the secrets they've been keeping from each other.
Old 2013-09-15, 15:26   Link #3290
Fjoergyn

L-11 I think is going to survive, we do not know what path to take but I doubt he die in battle. Shoko perhaps die of old age, but I do not see dying in battle, I think she will have an important role in the expansion of the empire.
Old 2013-09-15, 15:27   Link #3291
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
L-11 I think is going to survive, we do not know what path to take but I doubt he die in battle. Shoko perhaps die of old age, but I do not see dying in battle, I think she will have an important role in the expansion of the empire.
Shoko and L-Elf will have a big role in that as Haruto is only good for fighting while those two are working to make sure the Empire actually works.

Anyway, with the time skips you think we'll see an Adult Shoko and L-Elf and how this will affect Haruto and the others who wont age?
Old 2013-09-15, 15:36   Link #3292
Fjoergyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Shoko and L-Elf will have a big role in that as Haruto is only good for fighting while those two are working to make sure the Empire actually works.

Anyway, with the time skips you think we'll see an Adult Shoko and L-Elf and how this will affect Haruto and the others who wont age?
I do not think we'll see these jumps in time, it seems more an epilogue. The adult characters are not popular
Old 2013-09-15, 16:47   Link #3293
Destined_Fate

Eh. If they do plan on another Valvrave in the future after this that details the future better than I can see why they wouldn't bother showing adult Shoko and L-Elf.

Though kinda of a let down as I'm sure L-Elf would look awesome and Shoko would mature well enough.
Old 2013-09-15, 20:29   Link #3294
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

L-Elf isn't dying anytime soon. If we pay attention to his role in the series, he's actually more relevant to the series than the actual protagonist. Haruto's only got a complicated love life & vampire status going for him. His personality is flat & as a character he's not outstanding.

While in L-Elf's case, his personality is the most complex, he's the reason why MC & his people have lasted this long, the overall plot of the series is his plan to bring revolution to his homeland. He also possesses mysterious elements that aren't explored (probably on purpose). He may be the deuteragonist, but most times he feels more like he's the protagonist.

He trumps the main cast in their defining aspects, In fighting he (can waste Yamada with no effort) trumps Yamada(Thunder), In intelligence/hacking he (hacked the entire school) trumps Akira, in determination he trumps Haruto (Ep1, little speech about ham & eggs), in political strategy he trumps Shoko. Saki & Kyuuma, haven't really shown any key abilities or traits, so I can't make a comparison.

Though, I have to admit that the only one who is keeping up with him at this point is Shoko. Her unorthodox methods are keeping her on par with him, they also think similarly in terms of political strategy (They had the same plan to hold the VVV hostage).

In military strategy, he's the only one in New Jior that can provide this. Not counting the Physics teacher who purposely stays out of everything.

I can safely assume that he's the one that shaped the third galactic reich into what it is now(In the future).
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2013-09-15, 21:16   Link #3295
Chibikiwi

Quote:

Though, I have to admit that the only one who is keeping up with him at this point is Shoko. Her unorthodox methods are keeping her on par with him, they also think similarly in terms of political strategy (They had the same plan to hold the VVV hostage).
As I recall, that was only Shoko's idea not L-Elf's. By holding the VVV hostage, Shoko prevented Haruto from having to form a contract with L-Elf at the time.
Chibikiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 21:24   Link #3296
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
A bunch of people were counting on Gargantia being a murderfest because the guy who will be writing Kamen Rider Gaim was on staff and.... oh wow only two deaths! Plus Sho from Guilty Crown lived, he just ended up missing an arm and his eyes. With that said I don't think we should be expecting a super tragic end just yet.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 21:25   Link #3297
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibikiwi View Post
As I recall, that was only Shoko's idea not L-Elf's. By holding the VVV hostage, Shoko prevented Haruto from having to form a contract with L-Elf at the time.
I respectfully disagree.

L-Elf told Haruto that "I'll save you if you agree to the contract." When Haruto was backed into a corner, L-Elf was very well ready for Haruto to concede. But in that moment, Shoko came up with the same plan L-Elf intended to use.

You can tell by the shock in his face & by him saying "who's that b*tch?" Also by his reaction to Shoko stating the plan. In conclusion, I determined that Shoko "stole" his plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
A bunch of people were counting on Gargantia being a murderfest because the guy who will be writing Kamen Rider Gaim was on staff and.... oh wow only two deaths! Plus Sho from Guilty Crown lived, he just ended up missing an arm and his eyes.
It kinda sucks to be Sho. His ending was a very sh*tty one, same with Suzaku. Basically Okuchi's kills off one protag & makes the other one miserable.

Well, Haruto does have a death flag looming over his head. The PV for season two did say that he was going to die, so that's all I have to work with at this point.
Old 2013-09-15, 21:31   Link #3298
Chibikiwi

Quote:
I respectfully disagree.

L-Elf told Haruto that "I'll save you if you agree to the contract." When Haruto was backed into a corner, L-Elf was very well ready for Haruto to concede. But in that moment, Shoko came up with the same plan L-Elf intended to use.

You can tell by the shock in his face & by him saying "who's that b*tch?" Also by his reaction to Shoko stating the plan. In conclusion, I determined that Shoko "stole" his plan.
I never thought of it like that, you may actually be right. I always thought L-Elf had that reaction because she stopped Haruto from forming a contract with him, but I guess your theory is possible too.

I'm seeing some websites post Valvrave's airdate as Oct 10th. (Like in anichart. Not sure if it's true though.)
Chibikiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 21:44   Link #3299
c0de_da1sy

Quote:
I'm seeing some websites post Valvrave's airdate as Oct 10th. (Like in anichart. Not sure if it's true though.)
It is. It was announced at the September 13th event.
c0de_da1sy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 21:49   Link #3300
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
I never thought of it like that, you may actually be right. I always thought L-Elf had that reaction because she stopped Haruto from forming a contract with him, but I guess your theory is possible too.

I came up with that theory based solely on his reaction. He was really pissed, I doubt it was just because the contract was delayed, so I came up with "Shoko stole my solution." It would also make sense, since no one else but Cain can compete with L-Elf intellectually. Being peerless in strategy made him arrogant, proven by his absolute confidence in his predictions. So for someone to actually beat one of his predictions, was probably quite a piss off for him. Another thing that supports this is how he laughed when Shoko 'showed him up'.

(I heard season two starts oct 20th, I wonder if it really will start on the 10th. That'd be great.)

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0de_da1sy View Post
It is. It was announced at the September 13th event.
Nice... So VVV's coming earlier than was originally thought.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2013-09-15 at 21:51. Reason: EDIT

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire