AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-16, 08:48   Link #301
Led_Zeppelin
Achilles Last Stand

Send a message via MSN to Led_Zeppelin
Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfulloner View Post
Spoiler:
Well i think that the one who wanna "scream" and "act emo" is Ami...

In the chapt 15 she says someting like "People how thing someone is bound to help them if they shout out loud are very lucky"...

For what i see, she wanna do the same thing, but she can`t do it, she just wanna the rest see her misery by just some small things, but the rest don`t get realise of this...

I think that ami is showing that she is not that mature at all, that she still dont know how to show herself to others, and ami know this, but can`t change it...
Old 2009-01-16, 10:23   Link #302
typhonsentra

Since the other thread's discussion was getting out of hand I guess this is a better place to discuss it. What were her reasons? Does she actually have a solid reason for being so needy or is it just some abstract self-loathing/lonelieness?
Old 2009-01-16, 14:41   Link #303
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Since the other thread's discussion was getting out of hand I guess this is a better place to discuss it. What were her reasons? Does she actually have a solid reason for being so needy or is it just some abstract self-loathing/lonelieness?
It was a multitude of reasons:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-01-16, 15:21   Link #304
typhonsentra

Spoiler:
Old 2009-01-16, 16:20   Link #305
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-01-16, 16:57   Link #306
typhonsentra

Spoiler:
Old 2009-01-17, 01:54   Link #307
wistfulloner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led_Zeppelin View Post
Well i think that the one who wanna "scream" and "act emo" is Ami...

In the chapt 15 she says someting like "People how thing someone is bound to help them if they shout out loud are very lucky"...

For what i see, she wanna do the same thing, but she can`t do it, she just wanna the rest see her misery by just some small things, but the rest don`t get realise of this...

I think that ami is showing that she is not that mature at all, that she still dont know how to show herself to others, and ami know this, but can`t change it...
As I said, its not about being emo or "screaming", its more about who has the opportunity to learn more from this whole dilemma. Sure, she seems like another kid who's trying to look mature, but she could potentially solve her own maturity question faster than anyone else could resolve their own problems.
Old 2009-01-17, 23:55   Link #308
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, on mature issues, Kawashima does have quite a number of jigsaw pieces in place for her puzzle. But, I believe that apart from sharing her pieces with the rest of the gang, she would probably pick up a few pieces from Minori and Ryuji. I think she keeps an open mind, at least after her own immediate issues were settled earlier in the series (stalker-san).
Old 2009-01-23, 17:43   Link #309
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
At the end of ep 16, originally, Ami told those two girls to just give the ID to Ryuuji, but when they blurted out in front of Minorin that Taiga loved Kitamura, she quickly snatched it up. She definitely doesn't want Minorin to go after Ryuuji, esp since she knows Ryuuji likes Minorin. Unlike Sumire, who decided to move ahead w/o Kitamura, Ami decided to stay because she likes Ryuuji, which(imo) shows the level of determination she has. She def doesn't want to end up like Taiga, loving a guy that loves another girl more and, in turn, that girl loving him back. In other words, she doesn't want to be the "Taiga" in the Taiga/Kitamura/Sumire relationship. Minorin, who sees that Taiga liked Kitamura all this time, can now open up the possibility that she and Ryuuji can be an item. Now that Ami knows Minorin knows, it really puts her[Ami] in a bad mood. I'm sure at that moment, she felt that everything she's done to get close and to understand Ryuuji will go to waste. I don't remember her clenching her teeth like that since the stalker incident.
Old 2009-01-23, 20:10   Link #310
Fran~
floating away...

Ami is the "realistic one" of the bunch, she would be real Happy if Ryuuji decides to leave the bunch and be just with her only. But, as the books said, you love things that you can have, it's circular:

Taiga loves Kitamura, Kitamura loves Sumire
Ami loves Ryuuji, Ryuujis loves Minori...

PLUS

Taiga is REAL close to Ryuuji and Minori now is also close to Ryuuji also... so Ami sees a lot of competence for Ryuuji, who even doesnt notice that Ami falled for him.

Ami loves Ryuuji because of that, is something hard to get even for her, if Ryuuji would be like Noto, Ami would not taking a look on him.
Old 2009-01-26, 15:28   Link #311
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

hmm, i see more Ami fell for Ryuuji because he was one of the first people to treat her as a normal person rather than be starstruck by her. It makes me sad that she'll be a footnote by the end of the series. she's by far the most interesting character in the show.
Old 2009-01-26, 16:21   Link #312
typhonsentra

What about Kitamura?
Old 2009-01-26, 16:29   Link #313
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
What about Kitamura?
They were friends since they were kids. I don't think she's ever considered him as a romantic option at all.

Most people who grow up together like that consider themselves siblings, regardless of what most anime will tell you.
Old 2009-01-26, 19:37   Link #314
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Siblings and lovers are two very different types of love, and most do not think that they want to convert from one to the other.
Old 2009-01-26, 19:58   Link #315
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
What about Kitamura?
yeah, i assumed that since they grew up together, there was no romantic interest between them.
Old 2009-01-27, 20:56   Link #316
Fran~
floating away...

Just read how Kitamura describes Amin to Ryuuji at the Family Restaurant. Yes they're friends, but Kitamura wants a change in her personality, he asked to Taiga for "change her".
Old 2009-01-27, 21:19   Link #317
typhonsentra

I think you misunderstood, he tells Ryuuji he's fine with her personality. It's just that he doesn't like her hiding what she really thinks.
Old 2009-01-27, 21:28   Link #318
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
I think you misunderstood, he tells Ryuuji he's fine with her personality. It's just that he doesn't like her hiding what she really thinks.
So basically Yuusaku didn't mind about Ami's personality, just that he hoped that she'd be more honest.

I wonder what is Ryuuji's actual opinion of Ami. Even after 75% (just my estimation) of the season's running episodes I still can't make it clear what Ryuuji thinks about Ami and I suspect that is the main reason which is stumping Ami's attempts to actually make any further progress than just being friends.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2009-01-27, 21:31   Link #319
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Ryuuji sees her the same as he sees everyone else, at face value. he doesn't particularly glorify anyone in the anime, nor does he think ill of anyone either. so to him, Ami is just a girl who happens to be famous and attends the same school as him. I believe this is the reason why everyone speculates that Ami has feelings for Ryuuji, because he can see passed the lights and glamour.
Old 2009-01-27, 21:40   Link #320
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
That's a change to me .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
I wonder what is Ryuuji's actual opinion of Ami. Even after 75% (just my estimation) of the season's running episodes I still can't make it clear what Ryuuji thinks about Ami and I suspect that is the main reason which is stumping Ami's attempts to actually make any further progress than just being friends.
To me Ryuuji thinks that Amin is really beautifull but with a dishonest attitude, he thinks that she is happy teasing him (and everyone) and i really can't see that Ryuuji could think something more than friendship. With Taiga you can expect something more, Ryuuji is always caring Taiga and thinking in her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
Ryuuji sees her the same as he sees everyone else, at face value. he doesn't particularly glorify anyone in the anime, nor does he think ill of anyone either. so to him, Ami is just a girl who happens to be famous and attends the same school as him. I believe this is the reason why everyone speculates that Ami has feelings for Ryuuji, because he can see passed the lights and glamour.
Ami is the classical girl who is in love of the guy who doesn't pay attention in her. Same way Harima Kenji attracted Sawachika Eri. If Ryuuji woul pay any attention, she probably will use him like a toy, but Ryuuji didn't act that way, and THAT is what Ami saw in him, and she can't stand that he pays more attention in Taiga that in her.

Tags
characters