AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2010-11-19, 21:23   Link #7261
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

i`d rather NOT get Hinagiku involved in this arc....for a 'supporting role' she has already done more than enough for a big chunk of the story
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 23:11   Link #7262
aeromono

Yeah, Hina was supposed to be a side character but we already know what her popularity has done to her, technically she's a 'main' character now, and her appearance, however insignificant, is mandatory in each arc.
aeromono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 23:20   Link #7263
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassesLady View Post
Umm.... I'm not really sure what sort of logic your using to deduce that Hina is likely to become an idol any time soon. If it's just 'she could easily become one', that could apply to a lot of other characters as well, so I'm not sure why you'd decide on her. She doesn't even seem to have a significant role in this arc. There's really no logical connection here.
Even the Girls Want Her, stated many times, even at various levels.
Her singing debut in the story had her in the costume of a well-known character who is an idol. And she even acted the part.

I'm not saying it could happen, in fact, I'm not even trying to imply Hina's going to have any significance to the plot of this arc, I don't believe that Hina wants such an image. I'm stating this as a possibility for competition the other characters will see and will compete with that image of her, noting the comparisons.

I'm taking what we know and the new knowledge and trying to find logical reasons it's being presented this way. It's pretty clear that Luca is not the professional-level manga-ka we thought she could be at the beginning of the arc. Luca is presenting this 'idol' image of herself. The only character with similar stage presence and the personality to pull it off as a rival is Hina-tan, not Nagi, as it'd appeared at the start.

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 04:55   Link #7264
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastion_Arcion View Post
I'm not saying it could happen, in fact, I'm not even trying to imply Hina's going to have any significance to the plot of this arc, I don't believe that Hina wants such an image. I'm stating this as a possibility for competition the other characters will see and will compete with that image of her, noting the comparisons.
But there she was only playing along on her birthday party, and feeling pretty embarrassed about it. Like you said, it's not like she'd be seeking this kind of fame

Quote:
I'm taking what we know and the new knowledge and trying to find logical reasons it's being presented this way. It's pretty clear that Luca is not the professional-level manga-ka we thought she could be at the beginning of the arc. Luca is presenting this 'idol' image of herself. The only character with similar stage presence and the personality to pull it off as a rival is Hina-tan, not Nagi, as it'd appeared at the start.
I'm not sure if the key aspect here is "rival", but rather "kindred soul". Nagi is genuinely interested in her, as a PERSON. When has that happened the last time?

Oh, and Game8910: This "supporting role" for Hina has been over for around 180 chapters. Storywise, I'd rank her the third most important character by now, right after Hayate and Nagi, and before Maria.

Last edited by Mentar; 2010-11-20 at 05:07.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 11:22   Link #7265
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Oh, and Game8910: This "supporting role" for Hina has been over for around 180 chapters. Storywise, I'd rank her the third most important character by now, right after Hayate and Nagi, and before Maria.
I know that, thats why i said it with " " around it. I still love my Hina but if I could say one good thing about this arc is that other characters are finally getting some of the spotlight (even if that seems to be quickly taken by yet another new character)
Old 2010-11-20, 15:23   Link #7266
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
But there she was only playing along on her birthday party, and feeling pretty embarrassed about it. Like you said, it's not like she'd be seeking this kind of fame

I'm not sure if the key aspect here is "rival", but rather "kindred soul". Nagi is genuinely interested in her, as a PERSON. When has that happened the last time?
Hina-tan was embarrassed about being shoved in front of an audience during her birthday singing, but the speed she took to it and the motions say that she is completely built up and ready for this kind of exposure.
The same could be said for her 2nd season ending part, reluctance to play it, but loves the feeling it gives her. Also shown when Ayumu tells her to sing while they're in the Ferris Wheel to help to deal with her 'stage fright'
I think if a talent scout gave her an opportunity, she would grab hold of it with both hands before the scout had finished offering it.

For Hinagiku, it could be kindred soul, for Luca and Nagi it could devolve into rival. Nagi has already shown suspicion about whether Hina is her rival for Hayate, which even Hayate is suspicious about, Hina is not interested in competing for Hayate's hand, even willing to give her life for Nagi.
Rivalry is not always a two-way street.

... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Old 2010-11-21, 02:32   Link #7267
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastion_Arcion View Post
Even the Girls Want Her, stated many times, even at various levels.
With the biggest one right next to her

Miki is such a cute little pervert...

Back to the topic, Hina is still my favourite character (slowly falling behind A-tan through), but i have to sadly admit that she has only been a favourite support character, rather than a main one =/

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2010-11-21 at 02:58.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 16:37   Link #7268
Dr. Casey

Quote:
My secret hope is that Luca is destined to become Nagi's "match". The Flash-forward from the beginning of the arc (Nagi running away in tears cursing Luca) seems to indicate that this arc is going to be about the story between Nagi and Luca, and this chapter almost has "Nagi falling in love" kind of vibes.
Here's how I think things are going to go from here. Nagi's going to fall in love with Luca, but she'll be worried and depressed about whether she should act on those feelings because she thinks Hayate will feel hurt. Eventually Nagi will decide that she loves Luca and the two begin dating; Hinagiku confesses her feelings to Hayate shortly after, who smiles and tells her that he feels the same way. Things seem happy and blissful with so much love in the air, Hayate x Hinagiku and Nagi x Luca the new couples that everyone's talking about...

But wait! Athena's returned to stir up some trouble! In a bid to break the relationships up and get Hayate all for herself, Athena tells Hinagiku that Hayate is cheating on her with Luca, which of course means that Luca is cheating on Nagi (This plan also serves a second purpose - to ruin Hayate's reputation so much that no other girl will ever trust him enough for a relationship). These lies kick off the dramatic, heartwrenching final story arc of Hayate no Gotoku.

Those are just my predictions as to how things will unfold from here; I might or might not be right.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 06:58   Link #7269
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Here's how I think things are going to go from here. Nagi's going to fall in love with Luca, but she'll be worried and depressed about whether she should act on those feelings because she thinks Hayate will feel hurt. Eventually Nagi will decide that she loves Luca and the two begin dating; Hinagiku confesses her feelings to Hayate shortly after, who smiles and tells her that he feels the same way. Things seem happy and blissful with so much love in the air, Hayate x Hinagiku and Nagi x Luca the new couples that everyone's talking about...

But wait! Athena's returned to stir up some trouble! In a bid to break the relationships up and get Hayate all for herself, Athena tells Hinagiku that Hayate is cheating on her with Luca, which of course means that Luca is cheating on Nagi (This plan also serves a second purpose - to ruin Hayate's reputation so much that no other girl will ever trust him enough for a relationship). These lies kick off the dramatic, heartwrenching final story arc of Hayate no Gotoku.

Those are just my predictions as to how things will unfold from here; I might or might not be right.
Very creative thinking...

Just second to that post about how Athena competing against Hinagiku to be the lead for the massive yuri harem.... and Hayate acts up his feminine self to be a part of it...
Old 2010-11-22, 12:42   Link #7270
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Spoiler:
I really hope you're trying to be sarcastic. You've completely disregarded any of the character development.
Even Luca's shown to have been uncomfortable with her feelings for Hayate because she thinks he's a girl, Nagi is completely smitten by Hayate so bad that she won't even look at anyone else (and feels guilty when she does), Athena clearly doesn't work from the front lines like that, Hayate wouldn't cheat and has shown that he has no reason to do so, Hinagiku wouldn't admit her feelings so clearly because of her fears.
And Athena's 'plan' wouldn't work besides, the only one who seems would care about Hayate's reputation enough to consider a relationship by it is Athena herself. The other girls would make it part of their mission to 'clean him up' from the tarnish, they're that smitten, which would be the exact opposite of the intention.

Old 2010-11-23, 00:30   Link #7271
mitsuganae

I almost forgot that this thread is also a good source of entertaining fanfic.
mitsuganae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 09:02   Link #7272
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
hmmm...I just smell someone try to frame A-Tan Ojousama here
*pump my shotgun with full load*
here's a gift for A-Tan faction fellow member
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...g?t=1290521128

sorry for long disappearance...(recently I'm busy reducing criminals number in this mobile prison by kill them with 'accident')
does anyone can remind me chapter number for the arc when Hayate fought Machina infront of Athena house? my memory a bit hazy so I want to marathon read till the latest chapter
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 04:15   Link #7273
Tom Bombadil

Hayate new achievement unlocked.

Spoiler for Latest chap:
Old 2010-11-24, 04:52   Link #7274
Used Can

Luca thought he was a girl, though.
Old 2010-11-25, 01:53   Link #7275
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Luca thought he was a girl, though.
That shows how a natural he is as an "unlocker." Whether he stayed as a man or disguised as a woman, the ladies would still want a (many) piece(s) of him. Lolz
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 08:00   Link #7276
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Man... you all gave me false hope. That kiss does not count!!
Old 2010-11-29, 15:16   Link #7277
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Man... you all gave me false hope. That kiss does not count!!
what is the standard for a kiss to count? just because one didn't like it doesn't mean it's not a kiss, then didn't counted, right?
Regaridng this newest RAW let's give Hayate another nickname : "Playboys Lips"
to add more to him after "Hermione Ayasaki" and "Gigolo Butler"
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 06:25   Link #7278
Used Can

This chapter was rather interesting. It seems Yozora is not that bad. I'm wondering what's the issue with the 28th.

Anyway, I'm really happy with A-tan showing up at the end.

Popularity polls result on the next issue.
Old 2010-12-01, 10:48   Link #7279
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Anyway, I'm really happy with A-tan showing up at the end.

Popularity polls result on the next issue.
A-tan probably moved up to second or third, prompting her early return.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 10:55   Link #7280
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

so glad to see Athena again, gotta keep her fresh in readers minds :P

Tags
comedy, shounen