AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-29, 20:13   Link #61
leongsh
Daijoubu!

At long last, Episode 18

If ever there is an episode in a football anime created for football fans who have been disappointed by unrealistic football seen in football anime shows like Captain Tsubasa, Episode 18 of Aoki Densetsu Shoot! is a gift, especially what happens in the second half of this episode.

Enjoy!

I know I did. I watched that episode in my Volume 3 R2J DVD numerous times. I hope you guys enjoy it too.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 20:43   Link #62
Mazus

Yes, episode 18 was indeed a blast. I must admit I was in awe when I saw that play and had a tear in my eye when it finished since it was so great.
Mazus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 21:18   Link #63
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazus
Yes, episode 18 was indeed a blast. I must admit I was in awe when I saw that play and had a tear in my eye when it finished since it was so great.
When I first watched this episode last year after getting the first boxset, I was flabbergasted. Here was an outstanding play that involved moves that were possible in real life. I replayed that part of the episode just to watch in awe (and still continue to replay that episode and wear down my DVD ). It's just absolutely brilliant. This episode is a very special gift to football fans who also watch anime.

The current avatar which I have been using for the past few months has been taken from this episode from the DVD. The leader of [Saizen], ser2703, who is an avid football fan, also uses an avatar from this episode.
Old 2006-04-30, 04:03   Link #64
ser2703

Yeah, it just shows what I try to tell people often. You don't need friggin supermoves to create exciting sports anime.

Last edited by ser2703; 2006-04-30 at 05:53.
ser2703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-01, 10:26   Link #65
Zico

Episode 18 was great! Really exciting and emotional! Just like Zico-sama!

Too bad I was too young to have seen this when it first was on tv here, but I noticed the manga for it was still being published till not so long ago, so I had heard about it before and I also saw the advertisement for the dvd box.
I'm thinking of getting the dvd set, but they are really expensive.
The raws are not that easy to find, so I have no choice but to watch the fansubs, but they are really good so it is not a problem at all.

Last edited by Zico; 2006-05-01 at 10:39.
Zico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 14:45   Link #66
skanjos

this is my favourite episode of ads! .For this kubo scene i was searcing for this anime for 5-6 years.And the next episode is the reason why i gave up on the show(i dont want to spoil for people didnt see the show).Yes kubo is the best ^^ and this is the last episode for me in those series.
kubo fan ftw
skanjos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 15:13   Link #67
Chotomatei
足球迷

Ah... very much the highlight of the series. Absolutely inspired. I seriously wouldn't be surprised if the Japs rewatched the anime as part of their World Cup preparations.

Once again thanks to Saizen for fansubbing the series and also of course to the raw provider. Now all we need is for someone to consider scanlating the manga...
Chotomatei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 01:37   Link #68
asurada

just wondering how did kubo die in the episode 19? dun like the suspense taken as its really irritating, when the player is sooooooo..... good.. after the goal at episode 18... cheers... =)
asurada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 10:56   Link #69
brood-faun

Ep 20 was a really great episode. Great amount of drama.
brood-faun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-20, 07:40   Link #70
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

WHATS GOING ON HERE!

the more i watch this the more i see wild striker as just some rehash of the same stuff!

even though it might be the same writers, thats no excuse.

GRRRR
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 05:48   Link #71
Zico

This is like Hungry Heart Wild Striker? I don't think it's like HH. The storylines are not the same at all. Only the central theme, soccer, is the same. If one of the two used rehashed storylines, it would be HH since it's a lot newer. But I don't see how it's the same. I like Shoot! a lot better, HH was more childish. The soccer matches in Shoot! is a lot better too. Hope there are new fansubs of episode 21 soon, I cannot seem to get raws from winny at all!
Old 2006-08-04, 05:57   Link #72
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zico
This is like Hungry Heart Wild Striker? I don't think it's like HH. The storylines are not the same at all. Only the central theme, soccer, is the same. If one of the two used rehashed storylines, it would be HH since it's a lot newer. But I don't see how it's the same. I like Shoot! a lot better, HH was more childish. The soccer matches in Shoot! is a lot better too. Hope there are new fansubs of episode 21 soon, I cannot seem to get raws from winny at all!
Well, Zico, you know what to do, check pm
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 05:58   Link #73
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
WHATS GOING ON HERE!

the more i watch this the more i see wild striker as just some rehash of the same stuff!

GRRRR
In wich way? "Same writers"? Huh?
Old 2006-08-05, 00:22   Link #74
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
WHATS GOING ON HERE!

GRRRR
Same writers? You must be sorely mistaken.

Aoki Densetsu Shoot! is based on the manga, Shoot! by Ooshima Tsukasa. The manga started in 1990 and the first series ended in 1996. It was popular enough to spawn a prequel and 2 sequels. The series ended in 2003.

Whereas Hungry Heart Wild Striker is created by Takahashi Youiichi (the mangaka who created Captain Tsubasa) in 2002.
Old 2006-10-07, 01:40   Link #75
sangofe

So, does anyone has any opinions about last few eps that's been subbed?
Personally, I liked the training game they had quite a lot.
The non football game episodes they have are also interesting, but not as much.
Old 2006-10-07, 10:24   Link #76
brood-faun

I liked the last 2 episode 23-24 a lot...as it is different and quite refreshing. Of course, these 2 eps attempt to work more on character developments and introduction of a new character.

Afterall, if sports anime only focuses on the gameplay...it will become boring to me.
brood-faun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 10:50   Link #77
Zico

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangofe View Post
So, does anyone has any opinions about last few eps that's been subbed?
Personally, I liked the training game they had quite a lot.
The non football game episodes they have are also interesting, but not as much.
I liked 23-25 and perhaps 25 best. The non football episode was just as good as it adds to the character development which is absolutely a strong point in this show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brood-faun View Post
I liked the last 2 episode 23-24 a lot...as it is different and quite refreshing. Of course, these 2 eps attempt to work more on character developments and introduction of a new character.

Afterall, if sports anime only focuses on the gameplay...it will become boring to me.
I agree. I'm glad this show has both covered.
Old 2006-12-28, 15:24   Link #78
sangofe

bUmP. the ADS project isn't dead, and won't die!
Yes! There's another episode released!...
Now we're just waiting for ep 27 to get re-translated, because the recruit who did it...basicly made up something.
Just wanted to say with this post that Saizen will never, ever, give up on ADS, even though none of our current translators are interested in it at the moment, so we're trying to find other solutions.
If you know Japanes and like the show... We have all other positions covered now, actually ^^
Old 2007-02-16, 00:12   Link #79
polar720

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotomatei View Post
Ah... very much the highlight of the series. Absolutely inspired. I seriously wouldn't be surprised if the Japs rewatched the anime as part of their World Cup preparations.

Once again thanks to Saizen for fansubbing the series and also of course to the raw provider. Now all we need is for someone to consider scanlating the manga...
Have you read all three series? If so then:

Spoiler:
polar720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 09:48   Link #80
Zico

Oh! Nice work, Saizen. Five episodes since I last checked have been released.
I love the new AVC video format!It looks great! The show is progressing nicely too. Are people still watching? I watched 5 episodes (26-30) last night, I can't wait for more! I wanted to purchase the DVD set, but it's a bit to expensive, I'm still a student with low income. So Saizen is my hope to see it finished!

From what I've read in the manga, the match with Shimizu and an interesting new character will start around this time and all the good action parts of the show will start now!