AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

Old 2007-04-27, 15:36   Link #121
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

According to the newest issue of Megami magazine, The official name for the second season is apparantly going to be "Zero no Tsukaima ~Soutsuki no Kishi~" (ゼロの使い魔~双月の騎士~) (Knight of Twin Moons). This title hints at vol.9 contents since the volume's title was "Soutsuki no Butoukai" (双月の舞踏会). cyan-san from MOON PHASE also suggests that there's a good chance of Tiffania appearing.

I figured vol.8 would be a good cutoff point, since vol.9 and 10 gets Saito into a whole new mess with Henrietta and Tabitha... But oh well, we'll see.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 15:42   Link #122
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Wow, the show is catching up to the novels fast.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 07:40   Link #123
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Also a good indication that the second season would be longer than the first, (fingers crossed for 26 ep series)
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 21:30   Link #124
JasonSolaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
According to the newest issue of Megami magazine, The official name for the second season is apparantly going to be "Zero no Tsukaima ~Soutsuki no Kishi~" (ゼロの使い魔~双月の騎士~) (Knight of Twin Moons). This title hints at vol.9 contents since the volume's title was "Soutsuki no Butoukai" (双月の舞踏会). cyan-san from MOON PHASE also suggests that there's a good chance of Tiffania appearing.

I figured vol.8 would be a good cutoff point, since vol.9 and 10 gets Saito into a whole new mess with Henrietta and Tabitha... But oh well, we'll see.
Hi. Does novel 8 ends in a cliffhanger? Or a certain plot is resolved up to that point? Sorry, the novel discussion thread is kinda long to go through and the summaries seems to be scattered..
Later
JasonSolaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 21:53   Link #125
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonSolaris View Post
Hi. Does novel 8 ends in a cliffhanger? Or a certain plot is resolved up to that point? Sorry, the novel discussion thread is kinda long to go through and the summaries seems to be scattered..
Later
Well, there are still several loose ends left untied at the end of vol.8, but in general, vol.8's ending marked the conclusion of a long "arc" that took place mainly in Albion (not to mention it ended with a nice and sweet Louise x Saito scene).

Starting from vol.9 though, the stage shifts back to the magic academy where many new developments will take place, hence my comment about vol.8 being a good cutoff point for the anime.
Old 2007-04-28, 22:00   Link #126
TigerII
Pilot in Training

How many novels are out and how many more would you predict?

And I bet I can guess how the entire thing ends. Either he goes home with her or alone. I wonder, I wonder.
Old 2007-04-28, 22:31   Link #127
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
How many novels are out and how many more would you predict?

And I bet I can guess how the entire thing ends. Either he goes home with her or alone. I wonder, I wonder.
The light novel is currently on its 10th volume (+1 side story volume featuring Tabitha that's unrelated to the main story). As for how many more I think there will be, I answered it in the novel thread before: I don't know, but it probably won't end anytime soon. It'll most likely take at least another 3 volumes just to tie up all the loose ends, and that's assuming no new development takes place.

My ideal second season would be 24 episodes that spans the latter half of vol.5 until the end of vol.8. Seeing as how they have already confirmed that the second season will continue to follow the novel story, it's almost certain that the long Albion war arc will be covered. It's up to the anime staff, though, to deliver us a satisfying adaptation that focus the story on where it counts, instead of something like the first season, where meaningful scenes and moments were sacrificed for (relatively) pointless contents (episode 4 anyone?).
Old 2007-04-28, 22:37   Link #128
JasonSolaris

Quote:
Well, there are still several loose ends left untied at the end of vol.8, but in general, vol.8's ending marked the conclusion of a long "arc" that took place mainly in Albion (not to mention it ended with a nice and sweet Louise x Saito scene).

Starting from vol.9 though, the stage shifts back to the magic academy where many new developments will take place, hence my comment about vol.8 being a good cutoff point for the anime.
I somewhat have a general idea of the story line for up to ~7-8.. Don't know if spoiler tags are warrented, but I guess better to be safe that sorry.. Don't know if I'm using them properly though..

Spoiler for Louise:

Spoiler for Siesta:

Spoiler for The:

Are there any other minor/major events up to vol 8 and could that fit into another 13 eps season?
Later
JasonSolaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 04:01   Link #129
cyth
Banned

Quote:
I'd just like to address the issue of the correct reading of the series' new subtitle. Soutsuki no kishi is one romanization that I've came across, but I also found Futatsuki no kishi and Futazuki no kishi. I'd really love to know the correct one, if anyone has the right idea to share.

Japan's Wikipedia says the following, which would be in favor of Futatsuki no kishi:
Quote:
第2シリーズ

2006年12月、テレビアニメ第2シリーズの制作が決定。2007年3月、東京国際アニメフェア2007 で『ゼロの使い魔~双月の騎士~』(ゼロのつかいま ふたつきのきし)の制作が発表された。2007年7月よりチバテレビ他UHF局とCS局のキッズステーショ ンで放送予定。
I'd think the Japanese know what they're talking about (pun intended), so can I take their Wikipedia as a reliable source?

Thank you.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 14:07   Link #130
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
I'd think the Japanese know what they're talking about (pun intended), so can I take their Wikipedia as a reliable source?
Then again, there are places that list otherwise.

I used Soutsuki because it's an actual name, whereas Futatsuki would be an uncommon pronounciation. But it's perfectly possible they went for the latter.

Either way, I don't really care about how it's read. All that's important is that we have a name for the second season.

Oh, it doesn't necessarily apply to this, but the "don't believe everything you read on Wikipedia" applys for the Japanese as well.
Old 2007-05-03, 14:11   Link #131
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Oh, it doesn't necessarily apply to this, but the "don't believe everything you read on Wikipedia" applys for the Japanese as well.
That's why I asked. Can't be too careful these days, especially when you're running an anime news site of your own. I just want to write an Errata entry as soon as I'm sure of the correct reading, that's all.
Old 2007-05-03, 15:51   Link #132
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
That's why I asked. Can't be too careful these days, especially when you're running an anime news site of your own. I just want to write an Errata entry as soon as I'm sure of the correct reading, that's all.
I just flipped through the June issue of Dengeki G's, and the title for the second season was written as "Futatsuki no Kishi",

There, mystery solved?
Old 2007-05-04, 08:46   Link #133
cyth
Banned

Quote:
There, mystery solved?
Hopefully. I'll settle with Futatsuki for now. No errata entry too. Thank you.
Old 2007-05-11, 01:53   Link #134
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:

i re-read all the summaries and vol 8 would make a perfect ending point. however, i somehow got a strong feeling that it will be another 13 ep season and will cause alot of perfectly good material to go to waste once again.
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 14:43   Link #135
Dr1ft3r
Suspended In Shadows

anyone kno when this is actually gonna come out?
Dr1ft3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 15:09   Link #136
TigerII
Pilot in Training

July I believe/
Old 2007-05-11, 16:42   Link #137
Kensuke

MoonPhase says that July 13 is the date for first episode, so still about two months.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 13:51   Link #138
Jouzin
Haruhi and Louise fan :)

HI guys
Well hope my next few words will not be consider as off topic.
I want to familiarize myself with somehing.
First season of ZNT covers Novel from 1 to ???
Second season of ZNT will cover Novel from ??? to ???
Jouzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-30, 22:31   Link #139
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jouzin View Post
First season of ZNT covers Novel from 1 to ???
Second season of ZNT will cover Novel from ??? to ???
It's been answered many times over but the first season roughly covers vol.1 to 3, with some minor contents from vol.4 and 5.

The second season will cover vol.6 and onward (most likely until the end of vol.7 or 8).

Speaking of which, Famitsu has finally released new info and images of the upcoming season!
http://www.famitsu.com/anime/news/20...72461,0,0.html

Besides Elenor and Kattleya, we have:

Agnes look quite cute, actually.
She plays quite a big role in vol.6 and 8, so I look forward to seeing her in action.

Julio.
The Romaria priest who "transferred" to the magic academy.
...Hmm, a little different from the novel's setting. But design wise, he feels about right. (why such a menacing look though? ^^; )

Sheffield.
Could it be any more obvious that she's a baddie?
Oh, and her description is filled with spoilers, what's up with that? ^^;
Old 2007-05-30, 22:37   Link #140
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Sheffield freaks the hell outta me.

Tags
adventure, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, j.c. staff, romance, sequel, shounen, tsundere