AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black 2nd Season - Episode 05 Rating
Perfect 10 11 12.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 30.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 29.07%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 17.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 4.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.16%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.16%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.16%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-08, 19:22   Link #101
orangejuicetang

[QUOTE=Zwei;2756898]Obviously, she would have some sort of impact on Hei but that's just based on the consequences of whatever happened to them when they fled the agency. It's the things happened to Hei that changed him and not Yin in particular, although she's part of it./QUOTE]

We don't know how much of the change is "Flashback Yin Disappearance" related. However, considering that Hei has stated that he will kill "her", with "her" either being Yin, or the person that caused whatever happened to Yin, it should be clear that she will still be a factor in season 2.

Quote:
I have never gotten that impression, to me she was more like a secondary character who supports Hei, having similar role to that of Huang.
Quote:
Yes, and I'm not quite sure what made you think that. I was merely implying the exaggerated importance of Yin in Darker Than Black.
I think I'm beginning to see what your trying to say here. However, being a secondary/support character does not mean having little significance in the plot. Bai, for instance, was extremely important in season one, despite the fact that she didn't even really appear except in a few flashbacks.

And I might have read your earlier comment wrong, because it sounded like you were trying to say that Yin was not significant in Darker than Black. She is significant in the plot. How significant remains to be seen. She might not be as significant as some people are making her out to be, that's true. The only way to see how significant she is is to simply wait and watch a few more episodes.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2009-11-08, 19:51   Link #102
Hobbit
. . .

Probably after a 2 years chase, Yin and Hei relationship is more complex than what we saw in S1.

Being captive inside a metal container, in an ill shape and used to "kill" contractors can explain Hei's lines towards Yin, in the end of episode 3.

Like Suou is chasing Shion, probably Hei is chasing Yin. But thats not all, in Hei's case at least.

First Hei was chasing Shion and the meteor fragment (under CIA orders). But then he has a new client that wants him to train Suou
Old 2009-11-08, 19:55   Link #103
Hobbit
. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
The only way to see how significant she is is to simply wait and watch a few more episodes.
Well... that's really all we can do
Old 2009-11-08, 20:23   Link #104
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
First Hei was chasing Shion and the meteor fragment (under CIA orders). But then he has a new client that wants him to train Suou
I'm betting its the same client that ordered Hei to infiltrate the CIA and get close to the fragment.

Another thought. Do we really know if Shion is a male? Isn't Shion a gender neutral name? That flashback shows that they really weren't dressed or hair styled differently for being dizygotic male-female twins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
We don't know how much of the change is "Flashback Yin Disappearance" related. However, considering that Hei has stated that he will kill "her", with "her" either being Yin, or the person that caused whatever happened to Yin, it should be clear that she will still be a factor in season 2.
Or she could be the mindcontrolled battery powering the machine called Izanami if she's the entity inside that thing.
Old 2009-11-08, 20:25   Link #105
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Another thought. Do we really know if Shion is a male? Isn't Shion a gender neutral name? That flashback shows that they really weren't dressed or hair styled differently for being dizygotic twins.
Could be possible, he is voiced by a female seiyuu after all.

But so is Renton from Eureka 7.
Old 2009-11-08, 22:02   Link #106
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Decent episode. Norio's mom appearing was incredibly predictable. But Mao takes the cake this episode.
Old 2009-11-08, 23:13   Link #107
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Another thought. Do we really know if Shion is a male? Isn't Shion a gender neutral name? That flashback shows that they really weren't dressed or hair styled differently for being dizygotic male-female twins.
*went to Google, input "Shion" *
Spoiler for Result:

Yeah, Shion "could be" female ^^
Old 2009-11-09, 00:16   Link #108
xKeen

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter.
I miss shion already.

Credits to Pellissier~
Old 2009-11-09, 00:20   Link #109
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Decent episode. Norio's mom appearing was incredibly predictable. But Mao takes the cake this episode.
When I saw Norio's mom appear, my first thought was, "already? oh come on guys, you can do a little better than that". I mean, I knew she was going to appear, just not that quickly.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2009-11-09, 03:58   Link #110
Aryu
Rest... yet not

About Souo
Shooting poor cockroach with that Gun is so Evil. Her irregularities may be caused by that she steel is child or she can be somehow special.
Her power at least is special as was said "She has awoken. It has begun. The end.." by creepy twins. Or as Amber said in in S1
Spoiler for S1:

Souo can be some kinda evolved or somthin. We can only guess what she is.
Those star's most probably was Souo's and Shion's.
Spoiler for Star's:

As for Hei
Hei=cockroach . Well his fighting skill is superb even he is always in drinking hobo form. No wonder, way he was called Black Reaper even before got Bai's power. And yey he eats to not only drinks.
Ouhhh what he will find inside that large box, could it be something from gates or it will be Yin, or something else. But hole in box is so small how they stuffed Yin inside.
Spoiler for Box:

One thing i know, ther will be alot of fights for it.
Norio seems bit annoying? But I think not for long time considering how much already characters is killed in this sreries.
I love Mao for his comentars
Old 2009-11-09, 09:43   Link #111
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
Indeed lots of things seem to have happen but the episode is very poor in actual facts. we were given lost of new information but that information is highly incomplete. It's like having 3-4 cliffhangers inside the same episode. Basically to me this episode raises more questions yet then it helps solve.

Okay first off Hei and Mao talking about Suou being incomplete. To begin with Suou being incomplete. It's hard to say if it's because or not because she is a kid but I would believe it is not. The only other kid contractor we saw acting erratically was Maki (the kid that made stuff blow up in season 1) who was jealous of Hei. Tanya and other kids act like normal contractors. Hei was 22-23 in season 1 that would make him 12-13 in the South American war. His sister looked like she was very close to him in age as well. And Bai from what we know acted like a normal contractor. She did create the exclusion zone at Heavens gates.

What I would believe explains Suou being incomplete is either Suou isn't fully human as we think she is or it is because of the way she became a contractor.
- In the episode 4 thread I raised the possibility that Suou might have died that night the star fell on them, for after the explosion we only see Shion and his dad. Shion looks at a ghost apparition and calls out Suou name. So she was brought back to life by Shion with would mean he has a power to bring back life and not take life away. This would contradict the belief that contractors are meant to be killing machines.
- Or it could be because she gained her power under the effect of that anti-contractor device acting with the meteor fragment and BK201's powers. Immediately after that machine stop Suou was in a trance-like state that resembled what was happening to Mai when she was a moratorium. Suou's first "awakening" at the train yards, was also under a trance-like state. We cannot tell for sure if other contractors do not go under the same trance state or not but I would suspect it's unlikely.
But I favor the first idea that Suou isn’t fully human in a normal way. I think she died that night and was somehow brought back to life. But I also have the weird idea the Shion might have created Suou completely from the memory she has of he father teaching her how to hunt. Normally that sort of thing is thought more to boys and not girl, but Russia is a country where women are also quite versed in fire arms. Points to WW2 were Russian women we fighting along men. But what is most telling is that it was Suou and her dad alone. Where was Shion? He was left alone at the camp? That’s quite irresponsible for and adult to leave and 11y.o. kid alone. I think that memory Suou had might be Shion’s memory. He might have been able to bring her back to life but maybe he couldn’t give her back her memories from before that moment, he had to give her his with alterations.

Now the 2 stars in the sky. The most important thing about them is that they both have a color. They’re not monotone Bluish-white like all other but blue and red. Those are the first colored stars we see. It’s bound to mark something important.
Now these 2 stars can mark Shion and Suou and I would believe at 90% that is in fact the case. But it could also mark Izanami and Izanagi. But my money is on Suou and shion.

Now what are Izanami and Izanagi I really don’t know. They were much much too vague on it for us to draw any accurate predictions. Some say Yin and Hei, other Bai and Hei or Suou and Shion it could also be something we completely do not know. At this time it is simply impossible to have any educated guest about it. Izanami and Izanagie seem to be the 3rd big mystery this season after: What happen to Yin and What is Suou’s nature?

And like Hei mentions his employers seem like armatures. Suou is probably not ready for a mission. Next episode will have the mission turnout to be a fiasco is what I say.

Other then that the other things are details of little important. Except that the transsexual seem to dress up as a man again. You see Noira’s face and man pass in front of the camera wearing a suit. It’s not his mother since it a man’s hand.

Congrats to those who read.
Old 2009-11-09, 10:43   Link #112
Hobbit
. . .

Hmn... the South American war was 5 years before season 1.

Maybe Shion can travel in time, like Amber. That would explain how he guided Suou to where April was (or would be). But doesn't explain how he was able to talk to Suou. Anyway, this way he would be able to save Suou in the night that the meteor has fallen.

But we also saw Yin in that ghost apparition form in season 1, and she was still alive. Suou could be a doll, and Shion was the real contractor "inside" the fragment in the pendant.

It's really to soon to make theories (but i'll keep making then), so anything is possible for now.

Probably he was in the house while Dr. Pavchilenko was teaching Suou how to hunt. He couldn't walk.
Old 2009-11-09, 12:31   Link #113
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
Oh yeah 5 years befroe so 17-18 then durign the S-A war.
Old 2009-11-09, 16:42   Link #114
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
It's really to soon to make theories (but i'll keep making then), so anything is possible for now.

Probably he was in the house while Dr. Pavchilenko was teaching Suou how to hunt. He couldn't walk.
But the hunting memory is pre-meteor impact IIRC when both could walk and Shion wasn't a contractor.

I'm still wondering about Shion's gender. There was no gender differentiation in the aquarium flashback. Why name a boy "Shion"?

If Shion is actually a girl, then Izanami could be Shion. People could have been using Izanagi as code name for Shion before they realized the gender error. First, they were looking for Izanagi and now they have Izanami.
Old 2009-11-09, 19:26   Link #115
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Lots of great stuff here. Yeah, I forgot July was a doll, not a contractor. Okay, then the heterochromatic exploder in season one, a real child contractor. But he might have been undeveloped, too. He showed emotion ("I recognize this feeling. It's jealousy (of Hei's importance to Amber).") and acted on it.

If Yin is a doll, then she seems not likely to have the power to kill all those people. Maybe she was just leaving Hei, or somehow helping the people/force that killed the people there?

I thought Madame Oreille was like Hei's (and others'?) agent, selling his services to the bidder of her choice.

Yeah, Yin seems more like a sister to Hei. And he knows that dolls are not quite full humans, as he discouraged the gangster's brother from bonding with one in season1. But the bro didn't listen, and I did get romantic feelings from Hei's attachment to Yin. Or at least hers to him. But one can't help imagining Misaki as his real future partner, even if Hei has never shown any overt feelings toward her -- unlike she toward him.

As for whether Shion is male or female, Suou clearly calls him her "little brother" when she is speaking with their father ("Shion wa boku no otouto da yo"). The way his name is written (紫苑) is apparently more usually female, but can be male.

Quoting Amber from season one was interesting: perhaps Suou (and Shion? and Hei?) are the evolving future.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-11-09 at 22:24.
Old 2009-11-09, 20:52   Link #116
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
As for whether Shion is male or female, Suou clearly calls him her "little brother" when she is speaking with their father ("Shion wa boku no otouto da yo"). The way his name is written (紫苑) is apparently more usually female, but can be male.
But Tanya also questioned the existence of Shion so Suou is not considered reliable now imo. The flashback showed 2 children with no gender differentiation with regards to hairstyle or clothes. That's why I'm questioning the gender.

Also, the Japanese team stopped talking about searching for "Izanagi" and started talking about "Izanami".

If it turns out that Shion is inside that device, then we know Shion is female imo.
Old 2009-11-09, 21:34   Link #117
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I know that a lot of twins are dressed pretty similarly when they are kids regardless of the gender. And overalls+a t-shirt is pretty standard dress for young kids of both genders. Until proven otherwise I will assume that Shion is a boy (no hips, no boobs, no waist=dude) and we all know that Suou is a girl.
Old 2009-11-09, 23:19   Link #118
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
But Tanya also questioned the existence of Shion so Suou is not considered reliable now imo. The flashback showed 2 children with no gender differentiation with regards to hairstyle or clothes. That's why I'm questioning the gender....
I don't think there's really any evidence that Suou's memory is unreliable. We know that Shion's existence was being kept secret, so Tanya wouldn't have known about him.

And it did strike me in rewatching the Suou-Shion scene in the latter's room that he was given a deeper voice than she.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-11-10, 00:52   Link #119
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think Shion's long absence from the screen is causing a little over analysis here. First the theory was that he didn't exist at all, now that he's actually a she. I guess I'm a believer in Okkum's Razor here - he's clearly referred to as male by multiple characters, so my working assumption is that he exists and is a boy. Until I see conclusive evidence to to the contrary, I'm going with that.
Old 2009-11-10, 09:07   Link #120
Hobbit
. . .

Hmn... Probably Dr. Pavchilenko made a registration of both his children when they born. So why would he registry a male as female? MI6, CIA and Section 3 probably searched for those documents...

The only problem for them is that they think that the one under Hei's guard is Shion (the male).. that's why he told Suou to put on his clothes and run to April.

I need rewatch the first three episodes, because the fact that the hunting scene was before Shion turn into a contractor escapes me.
Closed Thread