AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-06-17, 07:51   Link #4281
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
ToLOVEru had a story when it started I mean it hardly has character development Unlike some doujinshi about it
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 08:56   Link #4282
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSleepyxX View Post
Still can't believe how a guy who did Black Cat could turn it into nothing ecchi. I'm not complaining but is there even a story anymore? lol. We need moar lala man. I haven't seen her in ages.
It's quite the opposite, I mean, they changed the main heroine from Lala to Momo/Yami because... Lala isn't really an interesting character. She makes more for a hapless harem heroine if all you want is goofy antics, but it doesn't seem to be going that way. I'm kinda surprised that you're saying there isn't even a story anymore, have you really been following this manga? The story seems to be the whole conflict with Yami/Mea/Nemesis, though I really hope something happens soon, and it might since Mea already mistakenly tipped her hand to Nana. These half chapters are supposed to be random situations of ecchiness, kinda like more ecchi versions of the weekly chapters, since those were rather episodic as well, but don't expect any plot from them.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 09:31   Link #4283
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
^lala'd make a great housewife of sorts
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 09:48   Link #4284
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
More like an awesome mascot character.
Old 2012-06-17, 10:28   Link #4285
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

TLR Darkness has more in the way of plot and story than TLR ever had. Like Kurosu said with Lala as the MC the story was more about 1 chapter antics with a small sub-plot slowly wittering and dying in the background. In Darkness we have two female MCs, one that actually has a defined goal and works to achieve it and another with a background that has been worked on properly. Adding Mea solidified the plot section of this ecchi fueled manga.

Just because a manga has tons and tons of ecchi doesn't mean it lacks a plot...a good example in my opinion is Highchool DxD and Trinity 7, the amount of ecchi in them is almost comparable to TLR but I still watch them for the plot...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 10:50   Link #4286
Ashaman

Lala could be more interesting if her character focus shifted to her future position as Queen of the galaxy.

Or it if it a more traditional romance manga, if she and Rito actually started dating. TLR had a ecchi/comedy focus, so those serious character development moments were few and far between.

Either of those things could serve to show her more mature side.

It might also facilitate showing the more manipulative and savvy side she had at the very beginning of TLR, when she initially used Rito.
Old 2012-06-17, 10:59   Link #4287
Xaturas

Lala was/is a good character, its author fault that he didn't expand on her hidden points. He made her behave as she did, not to mention the whole Haruna *deal* which made Lala back away untill stupid main character can work out with his little brain with who he wants to be with.
Old 2012-06-17, 14:28   Link #4288
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
Momo would be the best housewife, since even if she can't satisfy her husband by herself, she is selfless enough to bring someone else who does
Old 2012-06-17, 14:34   Link #4289
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Housewife Lala would blow up the house on day one with some wacky invention she makes to help do the chores...
Old 2012-06-17, 15:09   Link #4290
Ashaman

Lala doesn't need to be good at housework.

Future Queen remember.

Servants.
Old 2012-06-17, 15:27   Link #4291
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

There is a perfect housewife around already and it's Mikan. Yabuki and Hasemi agreed, don't bother them about it.
Old 2012-06-17, 15:31   Link #4292
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
There is a perfect housewife around already and it's Mikan.
I agree with this. Lala and Momo would do their best work in the bedroom anyway.
Old 2012-06-17, 15:31   Link #4293
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
There is a perfect housewife around already and it's Mikan. Yabuki and Hasemi agreed, don't bother them about it.
I totally agree with that. She does live to take care of her onii-chan after all.
Old 2012-06-17, 15:55   Link #4294
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
I totally agree with that. She does live to take care of her onii-chan after all.
That would make her an excellent imouto not waifu
Old 2012-06-17, 15:56   Link #4295
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Why can't she be two in one?
Old 2012-06-17, 15:59   Link #4296
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
She already is an excellent imouto but she will indeed make an excellent housewife as well.

Altho Lala would make a great housewife as well, after all she looks great in the naked apron
Old 2012-06-17, 16:02   Link #4297
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
She already is an excellent imouto but she will indeed make an excellent housewife as well.

Altho Lala would make a great housewife as well, after all she looks great in the naked apron
Funny, the first one I pictured going Naked Apron would be Momo.

But really the best housewife could actually be Kotegawa
Old 2012-06-17, 16:03   Link #4298
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
With Momo around, she's definitely going to be a imouto waifu for sure
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 16:06   Link #4299
zibi88

nah in one chapter (where rin appears) mikan mentioned... that momo is really good at house work... and got to know all rito's tastes in many stuff... the same mikan was pressured that she took her spot that she collapsed via overheating ^^

but we saw that momo can cook and its close to mikans level.... and she doesnt think about herself only as Lala wanted darkmatter sesoning but momo refused to do so... and said that lala should do it to her own portion only

so momo started to change into a good wife...since she can take care of house..she is strong and has the ability to fight... and she is very ok in the bed time with rito and loves ecchi stuff....and is really self aware and aware of peoples emotions so she has a good sense of surroundings... compared to lala or nana (who have no idea how other people feel by reading their body language)... so yep momo starts to be the ideal wife material each chapter ^^

sadly for momo she needs the harem plan as an excuse to get some of ritos love and she needs other girls to keep ritos kind personality intact so he woudlnt turn into a bloody pervert... so currently momo belives that harem will give her love and happiness but its becouse she is scared for closer contact with rito (lacking the resolve to go further and is just forcing herself) as she is scared that it will change rito......but I guess later in the story momo might start to think that the harem plan is not all that good and she would want rito more and more for herself

well lala compared to momo is just an airhead... she only sees haruna... but she totaly doesnt see other girls love for rito... run, yui or even her own sisters which is kinda sad... she wont get it till she hears it in person... I wonder how would she react if she heared that momo is in love with rito too and that she cant live without him anymore ^^ would she be happy and accept this or give rito to her since lala doesnt really show that much of interet in rito even throught she said she loves him and he that loves her... (lala should change haruna into a guy and so she can be happy with him/her ^^)

personaly I belive that the finishing act to make rito accept the harem plan is from meeting lalas mother... if she says its ok and explains stuff as a grown up woman then rito might agree to try if it will make everyone happy...(everyone except Gid xD since rito would be banging all his daughters if this happens XD)
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 16:43   Link #4300
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Why can't she be two in one?
wincest

Tags
ecchi, fake harem, harem, manga, nudity, romance, sci-fi, shounen