AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-12, 06:01   Link #141
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post

I don't want Tetsujin and Dr. B

Harada himself doesn't like the idea of DLC, but I don't know about Namco.
https://twitter.com/#!/Harada_TEKKEN...30803627208704
Me too just a tougher HP Mokojin and an old man that lies on the floor that can damage you with inching movesets and his taser. lol

Glad Harada has that mind set. My respects for him is very high now.
Old 2012-04-12, 20:16   Link #142
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

http://shoryuken.com/2012/04/11/tekk...ameplay-modes/

Quote:
[IMG]During a Namco Press conference, Katsuhiro Harada made a few announcements regarding the console version of Tekken Tag Tournament 2. The game is based on TTT2 Unlimited and will include modes such as 1-on-1, 2-on-1, and 2-on-2 battles. There’s also a pair play mode, which lets all four characters battle at the same time in different planes. A “Fight Lab” is also being added to the game and serves as a tutorial for beginners with various challenges to complete against customized bots.[/IMG]
Also seems Harada is considering Dr.B and Michelle to return.

Poor Forest......
Old 2012-04-13, 01:18   Link #143
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
God, I do hope so. I don't want another pair with the same command list
Kuma/Panda and Eddy/Christie are already enough for me

I want it to be like Hwoarang-Baek or Bruce-Bryan or Jun-Asuka or the Mishimas. Same Martial Art, Different set of moves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Me too just a tougher HP Mokojin and an old man that lies on the floor that can damage you with inching movesets and his taser. lol
just came across this article in SDTekken.

Combot is pretty much confirmed.. but Violet? making him as Lee's customization is more than enough. Hopefully just a pallette swap for Lee. But I haven't played Tekken 4 before. Were his moves different from Lee or not?
Old 2012-04-13, 04:14   Link #144
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

lol what?
yes, they have the same moves. Because Violet IS Lee
it was just a disguise, I forgot why though

EDIT:
I think it has something to do with Combot since Lee's robotics company did built Combot. maybe he is Combot's official tag partner?

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 09:21   Link #145
Xagzan

Quote:
Since this is Tekken TAG, the girls will be presented in their young form (or at least look young).
Yeah, for Jun at least, it's just looking young. I heard Harada referred to her as Tekken's first middle-aged female fighter or something, meaning thankfully she didn't remain 20 like Nina and Anna. I would hope the same would apply to Michelle if she returns.

The only thing I really, really want at this point, aside from more non-dubstep tracks, is for old Heihachi to somehow be playable, even if just through customization. Yes, I know his voice actor killed himself, I was very sad when I heard it. But that's not a real reason to make old Heihachi unplayable.

Other than that, I'm pretty content. I got Jun, Devil and True Ogre, which was my biggest wish I don't mind as much about Kuni, Michelle, etc. Although I know Kunimitsu has some pretty big fans herself, so I do hope they get their wish too.

Actually, now I wonder if one of the new characters would be normal Ogre. If you're gonna put Violet in separate from Lee (haha, wtf), there's really no excuse not to have Ogre.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 17:30   Link #146
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
lol what?
yes, they have the same moves. Because Violet IS Lee
it was just a disguise, I forgot why though
He wanted to find out something, so he thought that he could investigate better with a disguise. He found out what he wanted but that caused him to face Kazuya and getting himself beat up.

Violet has some moves that Lee never kept, but I really doubt that's enough to justify another character slot.

Quote:
EDIT:
I think it has something to do with Combot since Lee's robotics company did built Combot. maybe he is Combot's official tag partner?
I'm pretty sure that the leak of Combot and Violet comes from the US office, now what we actually have to hear if they just saw them or actually controlled them. Combot is pretty much given, considering that "building a character moveset" would be useless without actually using, but I'm pretty sure that Violet will be either a skin change for Lee or a NPC only character that helps you build with Combot.
Old 2012-04-13, 17:59   Link #147
Mateus

I still have my fingers crossed for Kunimitsu :P
Old 2012-04-13, 19:29   Link #148
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
just came across this article in SDTekken.

Combot is pretty much confirmed.. but Violet? making him as Lee's customization is more than enough. Hopefully just a pallette swap for Lee. But I haven't played Tekken 4 before. Were his moves different from Lee or not?
It's the same just the violet hair dye. When you finish Violet he becomes Lee and then you can select Violet using circle and triangle buttons. It's just a color/name swap in Tekken4, storywise he was under cover and using Combot to get data from Heihachi and the other fighters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
I still have my fingers crossed for Kunimitsu :P
don't doubt. believe!
Old 2012-04-14, 06:19   Link #149
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Yeah, for Jun at least, it's just looking young. I heard Harada referred to her as Tekken's first middle-aged female fighter or something, meaning thankfully she didn't remain 20 like Nina and Anna. I would hope the same would apply to Michelle if she returns.

The only thing I really, really want at this point, aside from more non-dubstep tracks, is for old Heihachi to somehow be playable, even if just through customization. Yes, I know his voice actor killed himself, I was very sad when I heard it. But that's not a real reason to make old Heihachi unplayable.

Other than that, I'm pretty content. I got Jun, Devil and True Ogre, which was my biggest wish I don't mind as much about Kuni, Michelle, etc. Although I know Kunimitsu has some pretty big fans herself, so I do hope they get their wish too.

Actually, now I wonder if one of the new characters would be normal Ogre. If you're gonna put Violet in separate from Lee (haha, wtf), there's really no excuse not to have Ogre.
Jun's young appearance might be because of Unknown's power, though besides.

Hmm.. as for Heihachi, I think they made him young only specifically for this game, since it's non-canon story. I believe Heihachi will be old again by Tekken 7 with the young Heihachi's VA maybe.

A normal Ogre would be plausible, but I don't really know... since True Ogre is named just "Ogre" already.
Old 2012-04-14, 09:13   Link #150
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

^well, Tekken 3D: Prime Edition, the tekken for the 3DS. it's just a 3DS port of Tekken 6
anyway
getting to the point, they used TTT2's model of Heihachi which is the young Heihachi

so probably, they'll use that model for the succeeding Tekken games. It's just a speculation though since in the movie it was the regular Heihachi voice by the new voice actor

Old 2012-04-14, 09:14   Link #151
Xagzan

Quote:
Jun's young appearance might be because of Unknown's power, though besides.

Hmm.. as for Heihachi, I think they made him young only specifically for this game, since it's non-canon story. I believe Heihachi will be old again by Tekken 7 with the young Heihachi's VA maybe.

A normal Ogre would be plausible, but I don't really know... since True Ogre is named just "Ogre" already.
Oh I don't think it needs that explanation. There are plenty of 40-something women who look younger, no supernatural powers required.

I just want to play as old Heihachi in this game because I think he looks pretty retarded with this new look. That hair and mustache, ugh. They didn't even just age him down to his T2 appearance, but apparently made him even younger than that. Plus it makes him and Kazuya look like brothers, which in a game with Jinpachi playable is just, to me, weird. I don't think an alternate costume or customization options are too much to ask.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 18:01   Link #152
Mateus

So long as Heihaci gets his pimp fur coat from T3 back
Old 2012-04-17, 18:25   Link #153
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

New trailer and more info

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/04/17...-will-be-free/

^ I like what he said

and apparently it'll use improved SCV's netcode. More details regarding fight lab mode.

Fight Lab video:

Last edited by Ryonea; 2012-04-17 at 21:37.
Ryonea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 21:39   Link #154
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
Wow! I really like SCV netcode it's probably the best I've seen so far.

Those 2 where probably gonna be "disk lock" content, but after the Capcom SFxT thingy they made them free. lol
Old 2012-04-17, 22:41   Link #155
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Well, we don't know about that but Tekken 6 up till now doesn't have any DLC despite the game checks for any new DLC whenever it starts

and a gameplay trailer.... have a lot of partner-specific tag throws if you guys haven't seen them.

Old 2012-04-18, 21:37   Link #156
Kazu
Flowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
Harada just stated there will be no paid dlc characters, only cosmetics.

http://kotaku.com/5903194/namco-says...g-tournament-2
THANK YOU Harada! , Capcom should learn somethin from this guy
Old 2012-04-19, 00:12   Link #157
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
Tekken 6 does have DLC (or unlock codes). One was Yoshimitsu tube samurai costume and the other was a flag banner you could equip to any characters. Think they were one DLC packed together.

I believe it was special DLC you couldn't buy. Forgot how I got it though.

Edit: Oh I remember now, those DLC codes were given out seperate during the early releases at gamestop (not preorder bonus code, it was a stack of paper for people to take) and I got mine from a member of gamefaqs who decided to take the entire stack and share it. Since I got my copy a week early from a mom and pop store.
Oh, that one. I've only seen the Yoshimitsu costume (Penny Arcade special or something) once. But didn't know about the flag banner.

At least they're not that significant although they weren't released publicly.

The 2D illustration arts are almost completely collected. You guys can see them here.
Done by 3 illustrators, and they can be used to replace our character portrait in the character selection screen. That's for the arcade, though.
Old 2012-04-19, 03:56   Link #158
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Shunya Yamashita's art of the female characters are deliciously good. Damn

Old 2012-04-22, 01:19   Link #159
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Shunya Yamashita's art of the female characters are deliciously good. Damn
Instead of shorts it's panties. DAMN FUCKING GOOD Indeed!

Old 2012-05-18, 18:28   Link #160
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Oh wow, they're back! the tekken community found this leak of images:

Tags
fighting game