AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-07-12, 01:54   Link #21
DekaMaster
Banned

Are there going to be more groups speaking at the pannel this year? I was not there last year but I heard it was pretty much all live-evil. Now don't get me wrong that is cool but I hope to hear opinions and such from a variety of groups.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 05:28   Link #22
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekaMaster
Are there going to be more groups speaking at the pannel this year? I was not there last year but I heard it was pretty much all live-evil. Now don't get me wrong that is cool but I hope to hear opinions and such from a variety of groups.
I dunno if you'd say it was all live-evil, we had members representing BakaMX, Anime-Empire, Mugen, Elite-Fansubs, among others.

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 13:05   Link #23
DekaMaster
Banned

What is usualy discussed at the fansub pannels?
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 14:18   Link #24
Kyusaku
伝説なアンデッド

Send a message via AIM to Kyusaku
I might want to stop by, being a former fansubber myself. I'm certainly interested in what this panel will entail.
Kyusaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 11:48   Link #25
Spyre
"Soon"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofusensei
I dunno if you'd say it was all live-evil, we had members representing BakaMX, Anime-Empire, Mugen, Elite-Fansubs, among others.

-Tofu
Who was there from mugen? lol o_O;
Spyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 13:32   Link #26
Tofusensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyre
Who was there from mugen? lol o_O;
I think I might have gotten the group mixed up, GTMusashi... What group is he from again? O_O

-Tofu
Old 2004-07-13, 16:42   Link #27
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
I think I might have gotten the group mixed up, GTMusashi... What group is he from again? O_O

-Tofu
I know he was in some group, but I don't remember which. He made himself too famous with WTF-anime >.>;;
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 17:03   Link #28
Kyusaku
伝説なアンデッド

Send a message via AIM to Kyusaku
That WTF-anime site was horrible. Especially the encoding reviewing, most of the time they sounded like they didn't know "WTF" they were talking about.

Didn't some former AnimeJunkies staff work on that site?
Kyusaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-16, 11:25   Link #29
roxfan
Solar Fansubs

Quote:

-Tofu
Chaotixubs, but he retired.
roxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-16, 12:36   Link #30
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyusaku
That WTF-anime site was horrible. Especially the encoding reviewing, most of the time they sounded like they didn't know "WTF" they were talking about.

Didn't some former AnimeJunkies staff work on that site?
Nevertheless, I think they set a good precedent in fansub group comparisons for the same show.
Old 2004-07-23, 16:54   Link #31
teh_suck
AKA Torgen from We Suck
*Fansubber

I guess I'm going to Otakon--I've booked my plane tickets, although I don't know where I'll be staying yet. People willing to split the price of their hotel room an extra way, please speak up!
teh_suck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-23, 20:54   Link #32
Tofusensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh_suck
I guess I'm going to Otakon--I've booked my plane tickets, although I don't know where I'll be staying yet. People willing to split the price of their hotel room an extra way, please speak up!
You can crash on the floor at the fansubber's suite as long as you throw down cash to help cover costs. Going rate is $100 for the weekend (that includes booze :P)

-Tofu
Old 2004-07-23, 21:06   Link #33
teh_suck
AKA Torgen from We Suck
*Fansubber

Quote:
You can crash on the floor at the fansubber's suite as long as you throw down cash to help cover costs. Going rate is $100 for the weekend (that includes booze :P)

-Tofu
How much if I stay sober?
And is the suite available Thurs-Fri-Sat, or just Fri-Sat?
And do you think Otakon would mind (or cooperate with) us (ie. me) making an audio recording of the goings-on of the fansubbing panel and subsequently making it available via torrent? Or is it not going to be worth recording?
teh_suck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-23, 21:10   Link #34
Tofusensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh_suck
How much if I stay sober?
And is the suite available Thurs-Fri-Sat, or just Fri-Sat?
And do you think Otakon would mind (or cooperate with) us (ie. me) making an audio recording of the goings-on of the fansubbing panel and subsequently making it available via torrent? Or is it not going to be worth recording?
Some of us are going to be staying in an el cheapo hotel right outside of Baltimore Thursday night so we don't have to wake up early and drive down on Friday. Also there are other people who are not really drinking and stuff who are paying $100 for the hotel as well so it'd be unfair to them to ask you to pay any less (and less bitching to me :X) but if you're strapped for cash we can negotiate later on or something

As far as the panel goes, it'll probably be somewhat interesting but rather long, I don't see any harm in recording it and if it seems interesting putting it online, just ask everyone on the panel at Otakon if they mind their likeness being exposed to the masses, hehe

I wouldn't mind a recording of it myself, I know I'll be video taping a lot of the con and the parties and stuff so maybe we can share tapes and make a nice full video later on. It'll be kinda hard for me to video tape the panel when I am supposed to be conducting it :x

-Tofu
Old 2004-07-24, 16:37   Link #35
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Quote:
As far as the panel goes, it'll probably be somewhat interesting but rather long, I don't see any harm in recording it and if it seems interesting putting it online, just ask everyone on the panel at Otakon if they mind their likeness being exposed to the masses, hehe

I wouldn't mind a recording of it myself, I know I'll be video taping a lot of the con and the parties and stuff so maybe we can share tapes and make a nice full video later on. It'll be kinda hard for me to video tape the panel when I am supposed to be conducting it :x

-Tofu
You know... I still haven't done anything with the footage I took at the last one. Oh well, maybe this year we can have Tofu blackmail footage (tm).
Old 2004-07-26, 14:36   Link #36
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
You know... I still haven't done anything with the footage I took at the last one. Oh well, maybe this year we can have Tofu blackmail footage (tm).
I'd like to see that footage.

The panel sounds interesting so I'll have to see about going next year. Unfortunately, I don't have the $1100CAD (cheapest flight ;_; ) needed for the airline ticket to attend this year (tuition and all that...). >.>;
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 00:10   Link #37
Tofusensei

Okay, I am posting this post in confidence, please do not abuse it. If you want to come to the parties on Friday or Saturday night at the fansubber's suite, please go to this url. It has my cell phone number which you can call so I can tell you the room # at the Harbor Court hotel.

Contact info for the parties

Also for a list of karaoke songs available, go here:

List of songs available for Karaoke

^^

-Ken

See you there!!
Old 2004-07-29, 01:55   Link #38
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Sorry guys but just a few questions:

1. It is my first time going to Otakon. So is it going to be difficult to find the Fansubbers section in there?

2. What is discussed at the fansubbers meetings?

3. I'm new into fansubbing (But I'm putting all my effort into it) The point is, if I go to one of those sections or meetings at suite am I going to be able to learn new things about fansubbing, such as encoding or subtitling or stuff like that?

Thanks guys I would really appreciate it, if you could answer to these questions
Old 2004-07-29, 02:07   Link #39
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu
Sorry guys but just a few questions:

1. It is my first time going to Otakon. So is it going to be difficult to find the Fansubbers section in there?
Not really. When you get your schedule just look under "panels" and you'll find the fansubber's panel listed

Quote:
2. What is discussed at the fansubbers meetings?
Fansubbing mostly.

Quote:
3. I'm new into fansubbing (But I'm putting all my effort into it) The point is, if I go to one of those sections or meetings at suite am I going to be able to learn new things about fansubbing, such as encoding or subtitling or stuff like that?
There is going to be a party at the suite, not a meeting. They are different although a lot of the people might be the same. At the suite you are more likely to learn about karaoke than about subbing.

You'll probably learn something new about subbing at the panel. Maybe at the party too if you talk to the right people and they want to talk shop.

Quote:
Thanks guys I would really appreciate it, if you could answer to these questions
np.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
otakon