AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-07-16, 13:28   Link #81
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
That was good fun. True enough that Chisato could have rolled over both her opponents without issue. And she was definitely just dragging it out to give Takina a chance to come to her own conclusion and show up to the battle. She's definitely OP as all heck, although they did open up some interesting weaknesses. Being a poor shot or at least lacking precision might actually make one more suited to taking a shot at her.

It was just a good laughing moment when Takina did show up and the first thing she did was throw her punch . She's definitely loosening up and also venting her grudge there. Could have easily taken a shot while all focus was on Chisato, but after winnings he wouldn't have had a free punch to take so she took that first .

Main cast is getting caught up on interesting points too. Finding out about the hacking was big. That along with that organization being fed fake intel just makes them quite a bit shaky at the moment.

And yeah, the yuri was through the roof. Nothing Takina can do against the bubbling energy Chisato is bringing.
Old 2022-07-16, 14:03   Link #82
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Anime still avoiding to explain the color of Lycoris Uniform. Not that I can't guess ,but I wish they just tell us.
I think they partially did this episode, when Fuki and Chisato are trash-talking before the combat trial. Their dialogue makes it seem that at the absolute least, the red Lycoris are the elites (and the color of the matching Lycoris radiata flower, btw).

It seems to me that the red uniforms are like company/regional operative captain. Fuki is the current DA one, and Chisato might have held it prior, but she certainly is the ranking and most capable member of LycoReco now. The blue ones seem to be common to the mission operative Lycoris, and the brown ones are the lowest ranking who usually do street patrols like we saw in the cold opening of episode 1.

That pattern follows Takina being Fuki's previous partner and now being replaced by a self-claimed expert new girl. The other Lycoris were shown at the fake weapons deal. None of the brown-uniformed Lycoris have been named to date.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-16, 15:15   Link #83
grecefar

Grateful that chisato was there for takina, there was no chance for her to return and it's for the best knowing now the bad rumors and the kind of scum of girls are there. No wonder chisato hates them.

I believe after this takina will become a lot more likeable, looking foward to it.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-16, 18:33   Link #84
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It feels like it's been a really long time since a completely anime original series ended up being this good. I hope they'll keep up the great work all the way to the end.

We all know where Takina's character is going. She's broadening her horizons thanks to Chisato, and will definitely refuse to come back to DA when they inevitably offer her to.

I just wonder what they have planned for Chisato. Obviously, her past will be extremely important, but will she grow in any way or is she already perfect?
Old 2022-07-16, 20:14   Link #85
Wandering Soul

Takina is pretty much done with DA at this point, whether she realizes it or not. Her mission of seeing more of the world outside DA will no doubt end with her realizing she doesn't need them. She may have one last meeting with that girl she nearly killed though. Takina is already loosening up too.
Old 2022-07-16, 20:16   Link #86
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I just wonder what they have planned for Chisato. Obviously, her past will be extremely important, but will she grow in any way or is she already perfect?
The owl society guy (Allen Institute, ostensibly a charity) who we've been shown is orchestrating a lot of shady things, including the two attempts to murder Kurumi simply because she worked for him and was even asking why he was in the arms business in the first place.

He's deeply interested in Chisato specifically. He regularly visits LycoReco to see her. From Chisato's perspective, he's a normal customer just like the police and yakuza, but we know that whatever his motives are, they're something much creepier.

Kurumi herself (as Walnut on the phone call that resulted the first attempt on her life) also had some pretty harsh opinions about Chisato and Lycoris operations as a whole and their effect on Japan.

Presumably, Chisato's character development will come along those plot threads.
Old 2022-07-16, 22:54   Link #87
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

I haven't seen so many frumpy girls in one series since Princess Jellyfish.

Chisato is so OP she's kind of broken... dominant 1v2 until Takina showed up.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-17, 02:16   Link #88
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 3:

Mika looked sad when Takina did not join the casual game. He clearly cares about the girls like a father figure.

when Takina is depressed beside the fountain.. if this was Date A Live.. Chisato said all the correct things to bring back hope to her - which is good.

glad to see Takina being more open and looks like a lot of stress has been lifted. Time for some fun games.

looking forward to next week! ^___^
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-17, 05:52   Link #89
Tenzen12

I have hard time figure whether Fuki and Chisato are friends or enemies. It's obvious that friction is real, but it looked like they just genuinely messing around and had fun, when they switched to delinquent slang and went full ham
Old 2022-07-17, 06:34   Link #90
ryllharu

I think it is a professional compatibility thing.

Fuki is very no-nonsense and "ends justify the means" about this job. She was angry at Takina for killing the "arms dealer," and angry at her for recklessly firing a machine gun. It didn't matter that Takina is good enough that she knew she wouldn't hit Erika. Takina put a comrade at risk, and she ruined their chances to continue the investigation.

Chisato is kind of the same way that Takina is. She does reckless things like patching up their enemies and using non-lethal rounds instead of killing them efficiently. But she's so skilled that Fuki can't bring herself to hate her, just be frustrated with her.

Fuki and Chisato really seem to respect each other when it comes down to it. Fuki even almost hit Chisato in the combat training.
Old 2022-07-17, 07:04   Link #91
Tenzen12

For being "no nonsense" type of character she still seems to be more then willing play along Chisatos nonsense.
Old 2022-07-17, 07:44   Link #92
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I have hard time figure whether Fuki and Chisato are friends or enemies. It's obvious that friction is real, but it looked like they just genuinely messing around and had fun, when they switched to delinquent slang and went full ham
They are frenemies.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-17, 14:16   Link #93
Decel

It's implied that Chisato was Fuki's senior. Fuki probably both admires/respects Chisato and her ridiculously overpowered skills and resents her from leaving the DA (with Mika, whom she seems to greatly admire), especially with such skills.

Loved the banter between them.

Definitely a great episode and really a pleasant surprise series for me.
Old 2022-07-17, 14:54   Link #94
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post

Fuki is very no-nonsense and "ends justify the means" about this job. She was angry at Takina for killing the "arms dealer," and angry at her for recklessly firing a machine gun. It didn't matter that Takina is good enough that she knew she wouldn't hit Erika. Takina put a comrade at risk, and she ruined their chances to continue the investigation.

Chisato is kind of the same way that Takina is. She does reckless things like patching up their enemies and using non-lethal rounds instead of killing them efficiently. But she's so skilled that Fuki can't bring herself to hate her, just be frustrated with her.

Fuki and Chisato really seem to respect each other when it comes down to it. Fuki even almost hit Chisato in the combat training.
Fuki seems like the type that will never put any blame on herself for anything. She definitely works hard and has skill. Just a really effective tool that only does what she's told. In that sense she's the ideal Lycoris for that organization. May not be as good as Chisato, but she's easier to use.

The only downside is that she won't put anything on herself. Seems to willfully blind herself from the fact that Erika would have died without Takina taking action. It's comfortable to blame Takina and not think about what would have happened otherwise. Since there is a valid point for her to hook onto in losing the dealer before questioning being a loss.

It is just kind of amusing that the only one that actually cared about their teammates life was the one being called an ally killer. And not the one that would have been perfectly fine letting an ally be killed because she wasn't told to do otherwise. And yet Fuki was perfectly happy to use Erika 'almost dying' as an excuse to punch Takina and gleefully stuck it to Takina in telling her that she'd never get to come back. Quite the piece of work there.
Old 2022-07-17, 15:35   Link #95
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post

That's a charitable view. A less charitable view is that she's using Takina as a convenient scapegoat for her own deficiencies (and her superiors') that day. Like Chisato said, the commander, and with her bad intel and the hacking she's trying to cover up, and Fuki, as the field leader, had their share of responsibility for the Charlie Foxtrot. But they put it all on the one who actually saved the day. And calling her "ally killer" when she's the only one to have shown concern for her ally's life as opposed to the dealer's.

It was nice seeing Fuki punched in the face. Too bad the same couldn't happen to the commander, but maybe by the end of the season...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-17, 17:53   Link #96
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I like that the girl Takina saved is thankful at least, even if she's too shy to express it.

I know they're using Takina as a convenient scapegoat, but perhaps things wouldn't be this bad for her if she had actually stated she opened fire to save her teammate instead of letting everyone assume she did it because she didn't care.
Old 2022-07-17, 21:00   Link #97
Decel

Imo it's the weapon she used to save Erika that allows it all. Takina is a great marksman but everyone seems to implicitly assume that:
heavy machine gun = uncontrollable = not able to control who gets hit = not caring who gets hit = not caring about Erika.
Old 2022-07-17, 23:02   Link #98
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I like that the girl Takina saved is thankful at least, even if she's too shy to express it.

I know they're using Takina as a convenient scapegoat, but perhaps things wouldn't be this bad for her if she had actually stated she opened fire to save her teammate instead of letting everyone assume she did it because she didn't care.
I do think that saying something first would have been nice. Although maybe she presumed they'd get in her way if she told them what she was going to do...Could also be that she presumed they understood what she was doing without being told. Their comrade was about to be killed, radio interference, and an absolute confidence that she could make the shot.

If she was presuming they understood her then that was a really bad call on her part . I do think it'd be fair to say that Takina could learn team play a bit and that she does have things to learn in general.

Might be possible that few have a good grasp for how good a shot Takina actually is. Which would be a bit surprising considering her accuracy stats should be recorded. Although maybe there isn't much training evidence about firing heavy machine guns...
Old 2022-07-18, 03:04   Link #99
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Fuki seems like the type that will never put any blame on herself for anything. She definitely works hard and has skill. Just a really effective tool that only does what she's told. In that sense she's the ideal Lycoris for that organization. May not be as good as Chisato, but she's easier to use.

The only downside is that she won't put anything on herself. Seems to willfully blind herself from the fact that Erika would have died without Takina taking action. It's comfortable to blame Takina and not think about what would have happened otherwise. Since there is a valid point for her to hook onto in losing the dealer before questioning being a loss.

It is just kind of amusing that the only one that actually cared about their teammates life was the one being called an ally killer. And not the one that would have been perfectly fine letting an ally be killed because she wasn't told to do otherwise. And yet Fuki was perfectly happy to use Erika 'almost dying' as an excuse to punch Takina and gleefully stuck it to Takina in telling her that she'd never get to come back. Quite the piece of work there.
Fuki is... complicated.

On one hand, she is a no-nonsense, organization-above-all type character. She strictly obeys order as she firmly believes in DA and during the hostage situation she would believe that the HQ has it under control (which in fact, they kinda did. About the "If Takina didn't act, the hostage girl would have been dead" argument, reminder that Commander Kusunogi had Chisato rushing to scene plus Mika already stationed with a sniper nearby; so even if Chisato didn't make it, Mika who we know was most likely an ex-commanding operative if not the ex-commander, would have taken the appropiate course of action at the time.) And her position as one who is high rank enough to know certain workings among higher ups, as well as one who leads other lycoris, it makes sense that she adheres to DA's sentence towards Takina.

On the other hand, if you look through the episode again, you would notice that Fuki isn't as jerkass as she appeared to be. Not once did they ever showed that she talked bad about Takina behind the latter's back other than emphasizing Takina disobeyed order. She only did such while confronting Takina, and even then she never attacked Takina on a personal level like the newbie or gossiping mobs did (such as calling her an ally murderer). She even calmly inquired Chisato whether Takina is getting along with her new environment during the locker room scene. And when Chisato half-jokingly abrase her for punching Takina, she didn't refute. The following is just my opinion but the confrontation scene gave me the impression scene that she was trying to cut the newbie off from continuing to harass Takina by taking newbie away to training, but failed because Takina stopped her at desperation. Fuki knew there was no way DA would let Takina come back (base on her previous conversation with Chisato, then the scene with Commander Kusunogi), so she decided to play the bad guy and harshly tell Takina that there no longer was a place for her, in hopes that Takina would give up. Note that at this point Fuki still did not insult Takina on a personal level. (p.s. Newbie just wouldn't shut up in the background.) Now here's the interesting part, she suggested to have a 2v2 mock battle. Why, out of the blue? She is among those who fully knows that Chisato is perfectly capable of mopping the floor with them. I'm speculating that Fuki was actually trying to abruptly end the spiraling negative conversation and perhaps give Chisato the chance to shut the newbie up. Prolly a bit of her own rival feeling too, to have a rare match with Chisato. Last but not least, after getting the punch back from Takina, Fuki didn't seem to hold serious grudge on that fact other than expressing “You could have just taken a shot behind my back” and irritation at Takina's 'unorthodox' 'disobedient' behavior. .... After seeing all those details, I'm inclined to believe that Fuki isn't such a terrible jerk after all. Which makes sense because otherwise Chisato wouldn't have trusted her personally. Though that doesn't excuse her from punching Takina. Chisato: You didn't have to punch her! (Not gonna lie though I personally kind of agree with the punch because of Takina's attitude after the fact.)

I would also like to mention that Commander Kusunogi seemed to be portrayed in similar way in that while she acts like a typical cold, bad boss, and critisized Chisato for not acting like a lycoris, deep down she's actually quite fond of Chisato. The scene where Kusunogi was explaining Chisato's ability to her subordinate, when she called her a cheeky little brat, she did so with a chuckle and smile on her face, as if she was bragging about her brilliant but rebellious daughter. It was also hinted that she wasn't pleased about the tower incident, or Takina's treatment. But alas, in her position, she gotta do what her position gotta do.

Oh, no excuse for the newbie by the way. She's just a loud mouthed brat who needed some good ol' fashioned re-education by our No.1 ace of ace.

Last edited by Lantern; 2022-07-18 at 03:19.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-18, 04:39   Link #100
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
That's a charitable view. A less charitable view is that she's using Takina as a convenient scapegoat for her own deficiencies (and her superiors') that day. Like Chisato said, the commander, and with her bad intel and the hacking she's trying to cover up, and Fuki, as the field leader, had their share of responsibility for the Charlie Foxtrot. But they put it all on the one who actually saved the day. And calling her "ally killer" when she's the only one to have shown concern for her ally's life as opposed to the dealer's.

It was nice seeing Fuki punched in the face. Too bad the same couldn't happen to the commander, but maybe by the end of the season...
I don't think she would have problem with her own deficiencies. This goes far above that though. Fuki has basically unconditional faith and dependance on organisation and Takina went against that, which makes her automatically "wrong".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel View Post
Imo it's the weapon she used to save Erika that allows it all. Takina is a great marksman but everyone seems to implicitly assume that:
heavy machine gun = uncontrollable = not able to control who gets hit = not caring who gets hit = not caring about Erika.
I definitely think so too. She would very likely get different treatment (from fellow members at least), if she used sniper riffle or at least handgun, but we are talking about machinegun and I am not sure if any amount of sharpshooting skill can actully help with using that...