4 out of 10: Poor... 0 0%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-03-10, 16:15   Link #1
james0246

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE - Episode 22 Discussion

Welcome to the discussion thread for Mobile Suit Gundam AGE, Episode 22.

Big Ring Absolute Line of Defense - ビッグリング絶対防衛線 ~ Tachihadakaru Biggu Ringu Zettai Bōei Sen

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
  • Do not vote in the poll before the episode has been released.
  • While each Gundam is part of a franchise/metaseries, the individual entries are unique and, consequently, should not be constantly compared against each other. Please refrain from needlessly cyclical discussion concerning comparisons between the various Gundam series.
  • As of Episode 08, any mention of the "childish" nature of the character designs will be treated as being off-topic and depending on the severity of the post warnings or infractions could be issued.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 02:58   Link #2
solidvanz
Special Operative

2chan thread: Closed

Last edited by solidvanz; 2012-03-18 at 03:02.
solidvanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 03:35   Link #3
casval cehack

Wow, a gunpla feature is now official...
Spoiler for Adele Titus:
Old 2012-03-11, 03:43   Link #4
solidvanz
Special Operative

Hey, looks who is back for the next episode!
Spoiler for The bearded man with shade:
Old 2012-03-11, 03:59   Link #5
maknaedik

Episode 22 UP! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wALG...86FUAAAAAAACAA

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 04:14   Link #6
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

And here I was hoping the Adeles on the Diva would be one using the Titus, and the other using the Sparrow parts.
Old 2012-03-11, 04:25   Link #7
casval cehack

This is Flit's episode; even with the numerous mucelled Zedas flying about, his leadership and tactics won this battle. It's nice to see Khronos' debut ended up getting "savioured" again by Age-1. Too bad that with all his X-rounder prowess, Flit still failed to avenge Yurin given this chance.

Clearly, Asem can't even catch up to an X-rounder duel, his noticable distraction in battle was even noted by the disappointed Flit.

Technology wise, now we have a Diva derived ship class and mass-produced Titus wears for Adeles.

Grodek looked like he hasn't spent a day in prison in the preview. I also think Age-1 will be deployed in the Diva.
Old 2012-03-11, 04:28   Link #8
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
Anybody else getting 'undefined'?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 04:28   Link #9
bio9205
Reborn

Wow. What an intense episode. Just when I thought episode 20 was amazing. Fast paced, kept me on the edge of my seat the whole while. Was surprised at seeing the Khronos debut - even though Desil got shot up badly. I guess his battle skills got rusty sleeping for so long! Hope he puts up a better fight next time. Especially against Flit - who's fighting inside a 25-year-old AGE-1, never mind the internal upgrades.

Also, I have to commend the battle music - while AGE's music hasn't impressed me so far, the arrangement for this episode was pretty good! Hope this is an indication of future episodes.

Nice to see the Adele Titus in the preview, although I wish they would've recoloured the Titus parts to fit the Adele. I guess they can sell more model kits this way, but it looks way off. Meh.

I'm liking the second arc a whole lot more than the first. Can't wait to see more. Also - we're almost halfway through the second arc, I do hope we get to see the Double Bullet soon!
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 04:42   Link #10
Meltyred

Flit >>>>> All.
As of now.
Seriously that AGE 1 kicked so much ass.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 04:47   Link #11
casval cehack

Zeheart's pre-battle speech reminds me of Haman's in episode 22 of ZZ.
Old 2012-03-11, 05:41   Link #12
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
Grodek looked like he hasn't spent a day in prison in the preview. I also think Age-1 will be deployed in the Diva.
Huh... I think he looks markedly older in the screenshot solidvans posted; his hair seems to be a few shades lighter from what it was in Generation 1, for instance.

edit: Wait, I read this as 'looks like he hasn't aged a day.' Never mind.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 06:56   Link #13
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Desil...you suck, lol

Intense episode. It is great to see Flit back in the pilot seat and kicks some serious ass. Asemu obviously can't catch up in X-Rounder battles so probably we won't get to see him pulling off any fancy moves soon. But I really like his character. While questioned by Zeheart, Asemu insists that he is fighting to protect Earth, a reason he himself doubts. I really looking forward to see how his character will grow and walk out of his father shadow.

As good as this episode is, I can't help but wonder the very logic of this 100 years war. I can try hard to ignore that there is barely any technology advancements in 25 years but after this episode, Flit in a 25 years old machine totally pwning Vagan's latest (ace) model, what if Flit has the AGE-2? Won't he make a far better pilot than Asemu? And here comes the biggest question? What the hell happened betweem generation 1 and generation 2? There is zero background events describing major conflicts between Earth and Vagan. It's like everyone has gone to a nap and resume their fighting 25 years old later.....

Oh, by the way, Obright is badass, the way he intercepted that Baqto
It is really getting
Old 2012-03-11, 08:10   Link #14
brightman
Ancient Member

Another epic battle... This arc is building up to be a nice one.

Quote:
Zeheart's pre-battle speech reminds me of Haman's in episode 22 of ZZ.
That's what I was thinking... And that was ep 22 too? lol
Old 2012-03-11, 10:10   Link #15
casval cehack

It was a deliberate tribute.

Again, what or who is the source of the EFF's accurate intelligence about the Vegan, this time their order of battle? They had some tactics prepared for the arrival of the X-rounder corp/Magicians 8. Compare that to the Vegan's reaction when Age-1 arrives. It's quite unlikely that Grodek has access to Zeheart's current operation plans.
Old 2012-03-11, 12:48   Link #16
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

the duel between Asemu and Zehart reminds me of the GP01 and GP02 heck even the dialog quite familiar, and in AGE series the grunts units with right tactic and strategy can hold the line or contain high end MS ( unlike other series namely seed/ destiny) which it refreshing to see
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 12:50   Link #17
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
This whole arc reminds me of Stardust Memory
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 13:01   Link #18
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
the duel between Asemu and Zehart reminds me of the GP01 and GP02 heck even the dialog quite familiar, and in AGE series the grunts units with right tactic and strategy can hold the line or contain high end MS ( unlike other series namely seed/ destiny) which it refreshing to see
Well, to be fair, it was grunts holding off grunts. Kinda like the Murasame pilots owning Zaft red coats in Destiny. Doesn't tell us much. The moment Zeheart and Desil came out they were wiping the floor with those grunts.
Old 2012-03-11, 14:31   Link #19
Sides

Great episode, but I have to bitch about that reused scene, where the federation suits get blast away in a line. Using it twice in one episode makes it feel like a low budget production.
Looks like Flit, besides being Commander, is also an Ace pilot. He even survived in a old Gundam MS ^^.
Love how they showed that the x-rounders can be beating using tactics. Favorite scene was, think it was Obright, ramming a Vegan suit to push and unleashed his dods gun on it.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 16:00   Link #20
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
It was a deliberate tribute.

Again, what or who is the source of the EFF's accurate intelligence about the Vegan, this time their order of battle? They had some tactics prepared for the arrival of the X-rounder corp/Magicians 8. Compare that to the Vegan's reaction when Age-1 arrives. It's quite unlikely that Grodek has access to Zeheart's current operation plans.
I don't think that it's because the EFF have good intelligence on the Veigans order of battle. The Veigans just had a very simplistic and I would say stupid strategy that basically boiled down to charge forward with everything we got and hope for the best.
Zeheart just played all his cards at once, and it failed miserably. He should've used that stealth technology to conceal his true numbers, then use that advantage to perform a pincer movement on the EFF. Then use the Magicians 8 to hold off any attempt to break the encirclement.

Tags
weekly episode discussion