AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-01-13, 18:31   Link #3001
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

I just thought, if snake can copy our world then there should be no reason that he couldn't copy a single person. And if that's true I think we just found our reset button for the end of this series.
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 23:07   Link #3002
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Wait.. i think i'm a little lost.
I don't fully get how is the SnH and Sakai contract, first I thought that Yuuji could not do anything about his actions, after reading I thought it was like Shana/Alastor relation, in which one got the power and the other is the tool. But now for which Hooves said, it's like a 50/50 contract, they both controll the body and the power, am I right?
Old 2011-01-13, 23:35   Link #3003
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
Wait.. i think i'm a little lost.
I don't fully get how is the SnH and Sakai contract, first I thought that Yuuji could not do anything about his actions, after reading I thought it was like Shana/Alastor relation, in which one got the power and the other is the tool. But now for which Hooves said, it's like a 50/50 contract, they both controll the body and the power, am I right?
There were times when Yuji would just be Yuji, and sometimes there are times when Yuji would be Snake of the Festival. Sakai is just agreeing to let Snake of the Festival control over him while he just observes what's going on, so the majority of the time it is Snake who is controlling Sakai. That's how I see the situation going on.
Old 2011-01-14, 01:24   Link #3004
Blutsauger

Send a message via MSN to Blutsauger
Ah. That sheds a lot of light on the situation. To me at least. Shouldn't Yuji be taking action though? Not waiting for Snake to do something first?
Blutsauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 11:11   Link #3005
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutsauger View Post
Ah. That sheds a lot of light on the situation. To me at least. Shouldn't Yuji be taking action though? Not waiting for Snake to do something first?
Yuji is going along with Snake's plans, so for now he is just letting him have his ways by using his body to complete Snake's goals which he failed to accomplish a long time ago when Alastor first stopped him Yuji knows full well that Snake even beated Shana to a bloody pulp during the bridge battle in novel 16 so he has some information source on the world without him being in control of his own body.
Old 2011-01-14, 12:19   Link #3006
OmniDragon

I thought Alastor din't take part in the first war against Snake which is why he was trapped rather than killed.
OmniDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 12:22   Link #3007
Senshigeia

I am sure Yugi in the end will take over Snake. I think he only lets Snake control his body because he (SoF) is capable of creating that new world for Yugi and Shana to live. In the end I think he will turn agains the bad guys.
Senshigeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 12:41   Link #3008
OmniDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshigeia View Post
I am sure Yugi in the end will take over Snake. I think he only lets Snake control his body because he (SoF) is capable of creating that new world for Yugi and Shana to live. In the end I think he will turn agains the bad guys.
Inside Yuji has also been training himself using SoF's massive library of spells.
OmniDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 12:50   Link #3009
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniDragon View Post
I thought Alastor din't take part in the first war against Snake which is why he was trapped rather than killed.
Oh yeah. I was probably talking about the possibility of Snake and Alastor fighting would destroy the world. Yes he was trapped before without any conflict with Alastor that was my mistake.

It's still discussable if Snake and Yuji share a 50/50 connection with each other in terms of who controls the body. A majority of people lean to the fact that Yuji has "very" small control of his body while Snake has "alot" of control in terms of it being 95/5. The 5 percent being able to observe or gain info on what Snake is doing and thinking about it. That thought is very likely though I still think of it as a 50/50 percent.

But during the battle on the bridge in Novel 16. Yuji went about telling Shana that he was not in control of Snake that is why I assumed he shared control as long as he and Snake shared a common goal of "changing the truth of the world" by creating a new world where Tomogara and Flame Hazes can live peacefully together where Tomogara no longer need Power of Existence in order to survive. So far the only way to defeat Snake of the Festival is if Shana used Tenpa Jyousai. Before the battle of the bridge, Yuji came back to the city and remembered all the peaceful days he had with his family, friends, shana, everything that made me believe he still had a sense of control over himself.

For those people who want more information about Snake of the Festival.

Quote:
""The Snake of the Festival", the Crimson Lord with the black flame and silver shadow who is one of the true gods of the Crimson World and is the founder/true leader of the Bal Masque. He is later reborn and merged with Yuji, whom he honored by telling his subordinates to refer to him as "Sairei no Hebi" Yuji Sakai, unlike other Lords who used mythological names of angels, gods or demons. When Yuji first activates the Fuzetsu on his own, the presence of the silver flames indicates an omen to The Snake of the Festival's return into the world, for the silver flames were a tool created by the "God of Creation" himself to collect necessary elements in his revival."
Quote:
Locked inside the Treasure Tool are two entities. One is "Eternal Lover" Johan, the lover of Pheles who created the Treasure and . The other is an entity referred to as "the Silver", a being whose existence dates back to the time when "Interpreter of Condolence" Margery Daw was still a human being. "The Silver"was placed inside Reiji Maigo when pieces of Taimei Shihen were forced inside by "Destructive Blade" Sabrac when he attacked Pheles and Johan.

In later volumes of the novel, it is reveal that the reason that Bal Masque seeks Reiji Maigo because it is one of the necessary Treasure Tool to bring back their god, the "Snake of the Festival", the Crimson Lord with the black flame and silver shadow who is one of the true gods of the Crimson World and is the founder/true leader of the Bal Masque. "The Silver" and the pieces of Taimei Shihen were placed inside Reiji Maigo for that purpose.
But Snake was still imprisoned in another way (aka: his true form) and using the Reiji Maigo was a way for Snake to finally release himself from the imprisonment that was set upon him. Eventually after sending the Bal Masque against the Flame Haze forces, he and possibly a group of other members went about to free his body. That was by the time Shana escaped her imprisonment and rendezvous with the Flame Haze army before the battle to stop Yuji from releasing Snake's true form. But that lead to no avail (Sabrac made his appearance during the fight) but was killed by Snake's true form, but during his death he said something about who he loved.

Then Snake's true form appeared during the major battle between Bal Masque and Flame Hazes and made the Flame Haze army run in fear to (Was it Hong Kong?) there they devise a plan to stop Snake before his new world is ever created.

Marcus H. Dint you say that Shana became a Flame Haze at around the time when Hong Kong became a bustling city? Where we could interpret that she is about the age of Yuji? She became a Flame Haze at the age of 11-12, so if only a few years passed ever since the contract between Shana and Alastor was made. She might just be the same age as Yuji.

Now I get a more clearer view of why Season 2 became such a huge filler. After reviewing back on the previous novels before Snake of the Festival came into play in Novel 15. It seems novels ?-14 were most of the time comprised of characters from other countries and with that in play, J.C. Staff wanted to center Yuji in the anime, not these other characters in the novels. So dishing them out and skipping alot of side character novels by making up some fillers.

Last edited by Hooves; 2011-01-14 at 13:21.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 18:45   Link #3010
Blutsauger

Just a question. If Yuji dies, then the consequences for SoF would be that he has to find the Reiji Maigo again, would his true form come out? or would he die if Yuji died. Because this isn't the usual contract with a jinki and all. So I was just wondering. Because, if SoF dies if Yuji dies, then shouldn't SoF want majority of the control? If SoF knows this, than wouldn't he want to survive by letting the 'stronger' one do everything just in case Yuji screws up and kills himself or something? Just a possibility although Yuji knows how to control himself pretty well now I would hope. [meaning his PoE]
Old 2011-01-14, 20:06   Link #3011
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

It will be more of a worldwide crisis than what's going on right now.
So far, ONLY Misaki City is involved in the Second Great War, so if the Reiji Maigo suddenly shifts its location, the Crimson Denizen armies will be ordered to acquire it as soon as possible, starting a very volatile pursuit for the Reiji Maigo.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 00:58   Link #3012
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Just a question. If Yuji dies, then the consequences for SoF would be that he has to find the Reiji Maigo again, would his true form come out? or would he die if Yuji died. Because this isn't the usual contract with a jinki and all. So I was just wondering. Because, if SoF dies if Yuji dies, then shouldn't SoF want majority of the control? If SoF knows this, than wouldn't he want to survive by letting the 'stronger' one do everything just in case Yuji screws up and kills himself or something? Just a possibility although Yuji knows how to control himself pretty well now I would hope. [meaning his PoE]
Well now that SoF's real body is out in the real world, so that might not apply anymore. And in the novels 'Silver' was made to be the temporary vessel for SoF anyway, called by that professor as 'Tyrant' and 'Tyrant II', so even if Yuji screws up there's always more back-ups.

In addition, if Yuji was likely to screw up SoF would never have offered Yuji the chance to join him. When Yuji was taken away SoF called Yuji 'the only human worthy of standing at his side'.

And I've mentioned before, Yuji has been training in a variety of skills like tactics, PoE control and spells. This was to have Yuji take the role of the General and free Sydonay up to fight on the front lines. Yuji might not be as powerful as Shana (in their rematch in Vol21 Shana and Yuji are evenly matched, unlike before when Yuji defeated Shana without much trouble), but he can at least hold his own against her.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 01:39   Link #3013
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Now I get a more clearer view of why Season 2 became such a huge filler. After reviewing back on the previous novels before Snake of the Festival came into play in Novel 15. It seems novels ?-14 were most of the time comprised of characters from other countries and with that in play, J.C. Staff wanted to center Yuji in the anime, not these other characters in the novels. So dishing them out and skipping alot of side character novels by making up some fillers.
Sorry, off topic a bit. For Season 3, J.C. Staff has to animate certain part of Volume 10 and Volume 15, which concerns other Flame Hazes. I know that such episodes may not be so popular since Shana is not present. Then again, events starting from Volume 17 onwards, I think, will start to involve other Flame Hazes. Without the necessary background information, it would be difficult to understand the plot onwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Fragine was probably way too busy with other things to notice when Reiji Maigo was placed inside Yuuji when he became a torch possibly?
I think that not even Friagne or his 2 Rinnes realized the Hougu Yuji has, is actually Reiji Maigo. The only thing he knew is that Yuji is a Mystes with an unknown hougu. After all, to know what the Hougu is, you have to "open" the Mystes, meaning that Yuji will be killed. As a collector of (mostly useless) Hougus, Friagne intended to obtain the Hougu from Yuji.

The point when the Hougu is 100 % confirmed to be Reiji Maigo is during Yuji's power of existence was being restored, as shown in Episode 6 of the Anime Season 1.

Last edited by alvinkhorfire; 2011-01-17 at 01:53.
alvinkhorfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 16:45   Link #3014
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Sorry, off topic a bit. For Season 3, J.C. Staff has to animate certain part of Volume 10 and Volume 15, which concerns other Flame Hazes. I know that such episodes may not be so popular since Shana is not present. Then again, events starting from Volume 17 onwards, I think, will start to involve other Flame Hazes. Without the necessary background information, it would be difficult to understand the plot onwards.
That's true, they need to introduce more Flame Hazes then the ones we know in order to proceed through the volumes without seriously confusing the fans when the times come.
Old 2011-01-18, 05:10   Link #3015
Blutsauger

In that case, season 3 should be longer than the normal approx. 25 episodes? I'm hoping it would get to at least 30 then. Unless they just give a brief intro to each new person like, "Oh hello there ____. *flashback* ____ is a flame haze who did such and such and is renowned for such and such.*end flashback*" Which would be gay.
Old 2011-01-18, 17:18   Link #3016
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
In that case, season 3 should be longer than the normal approx. 25 episodes? I'm hoping it would get to at least 30 then. Unless they just give a brief intro to each new person like, "Oh hello there ____. *flashback* ____ is a flame haze who did such and such and is renowned for such and such.*end flashback*" Which would be gay.
You are right, if they drag on introducing Flame Haze after Flame Haze. It will only drag the series to "bore" the fans from all the anticipation they had for season 3. Atleast 4 episodes is good enough to introduce the key Flame Hazes for the novels in my view.
Old 2011-01-19, 03:04   Link #3017
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

But since the OVA 4 ended at the bridge scene, that means that the whole start while be practily the main climax from the serie, I still think that it will be a bunch of flashbacks to which happened between the Christmas' night and the fight, but after that, the huge, huge background that they skipped will come back to us and kill all the emotion of the moment. Or maybe they are gonna skip the whole explanation and make fast flashbacks while Shana is prisoned or something like that.
Old 2011-01-19, 19:14   Link #3018
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
But since the OVA 4 ended at the bridge scene, that means that the whole start while be practily the main climax from the serie, I still think that it will be a bunch of flashbacks to which happened between the Christmas' night and the fight, but after that, the huge, huge background that they skipped will come back to us and kill all the emotion of the moment. Or maybe they are gonna skip the whole explanation and make fast flashbacks while Shana is prisoned or something like that.
I have the same feeling they are going to blitz through the bridge battle from novel 16 and only show the flashbacks when our main heroine Shana is imprisoned and thinking of a way to get loose from Yuji's imprisonment while the Flame Hazes prepare for a major battle. That's the only suitable time to show flashbacks of the key Flame Hazes we need to know before continuing on with the novel adaption. If they show the flashbacks when Shana is not imprisoned, it will literally leave a major gap of disappointment that the show is getting more interesting only to go into flashbacks to ruin the mood.
Old 2011-01-19, 21:52   Link #3019
Dark Wing

Also lets not forget J.C. Staff also skipped over Yuji's dream sequences in which he would be talking to a mirror version of himself who later turned out to be SoF. They'd have to go over all that to show why SoF and Yuji are sure good buddies.
Old 2011-01-19, 21:57   Link #3020
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Also lets not forget J.C. Staff also skipped over Yuji's dream sequences in which he would be talking to a mirror version of himself who later turned out to be SoF. They'd have to go over all that to show why SoF and Yuji are sure good buddies.
Good eye Dark Wing. They defiantly need to show that or the fans will instantly go "What in the bloody merry happened that made Yuji evil?????"

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen