Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2010-05-19, 13:53   Link #3261
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i thought the essential for zombie infestations was a flamethrower.
Nonono, a shotgun, preferably pump-action. As quoted from Duo Maxwell from one of the gaming threads.....

Quote:
shotgun >> zombie

Quote:
the wonders of modern technology

*facepalm* Where did you find that?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 15:06   Link #3262
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

google is your best friend

just my opinion

flamethrower >>> shotgun

when it comes to zombies.
Old 2010-05-19, 15:17   Link #3263
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Hoard the pills. Grab the molotovs.

Aim for the head. Preferably with a peacemaker or a 10mm handgun. I'll be standing back using my Ripper. Limited range? Yes. Does it hurt? Duh.

we are so off topic it hurts.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 17:44   Link #3264
JRendell
Manga Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Hoard the pills. Grab the molotovs.

Aim for the head. Preferably with a peacemaker or a 10mm handgun. I'll be standing back using my Ripper. Limited range? Yes. Does it hurt? Duh.

we are so off topic it hurts.
Fire Axe. 'Nuff said.
JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 21:59   Link #3265
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
google is your best friend

just my opinion

flamethrower >>> shotgun

when it comes to zombies.
Well, according to the book "Zombie Survival Guide", flamethrower is heavy so it might not be the best weapon...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 22:41   Link #3266
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRendell View Post
Fire Axe. 'Nuff said.
I thought the standard anti-zombie melee weapon is a chainsaw.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 22:52   Link #3267
FateAnomaly

A burning zombie lunging at you is no fun either.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 02:42   Link #3268
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten
Ninjas rescue student from muggers

Quote:

* Exchange student mugged in alleyway
* Attack took place outside ninja school
* Warriors in full ninja garn scared off thugs

A STUDENT has been saved from a vicious assault - not by the boys in blue but the men in black.

Ninjas scared off three thugs who had the misfortune to attack the 27-year-old medical student outside their warrior school.

The German exchange student had been targeted by the men while he was riding the late-night train home, The Sydney Morning Herald reported.

They demanded he give them his wallet but when he refused and got off the train, they followed.

They pounced as he made his way through a dark alley in Sydney's west.

They grabbed his phone and iPod and kicked him while he lay on the ground.

However, the men were spotted by a member of a nearby dojo.

Nathan Smith told his sensei and the rest of the students at Ninja Senshi Ryu and they rushed out to confront the thugs - all dressed in traditional black ninja garb.

On seeing the ninjas, the men fled, only to be later arrested by police.

"You should have seen their faces when they saw us in ninja gear coming towards them," the school's sensei, Kaylan Soto, told the Herald.

They also failed to notice a ninja, Nathan Smith, standing in the shadows outside the dojo. Mr Smith immediately alerted his sensei, or teacher.

Another ninja, Steve Ashley, said: "It was probably the worst place in Sydney where they could have taken him."
It is official! Ninja beats Pirate!
Old 2010-05-20, 03:59   Link #3269
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

London's Olympic mascots: Smurfs for the iPhone generation?
Quote:
Vancouver (May 20): Remember back a few months when the British press branded our Winter Olympics the Worst Games Ever, before the first weekend had even passed?

In what could only be a bid to wrestle that title away from us — in case our record-setting 14 gold medals and vibrant downtown core didn't already make their words seem ridiculous — organisers of the 2012 Games in London yesterday introduced their Olympic mascots to the world.

Meet Wenlock and Mandeville, one-eyed creatures immediately dubbed "patronising rubbish" by design experts in Britain.

Moulded from steel left over from the last girder on the Olympic stadium, London's 2012 mascots are neither cuddly nor cute but organisers say the gleaming one-eyed metallic forms will strike a chord with children.

Despite their alien-like forms and disturbing resemblance to partly blinded Teletubbies, 2012 organisers say the mascots recognise Britain's Olympic heritage.

Wenlock is named after the village of Much Wenlock, where Pierre de Coubertin visited in 1890 and where his idea for a modern Olympics was born, while Mandeville is named after the Stoke Mandeville Hospital where the Paralympic movement began shortly after World War II.

But reaction on the Internet was predictably dour, with a tidal wave of tweets twittering away about the mouthless pair's many faults:
  • "Make your own Olympic mascots by simply scrunching silver foil into two completely random shapes." - VizTopTips
  • "Olympic mascots: Chuckle Brothers as drawn by Dali when on acid after not sleeping for 4 days." - Robinbogg
  • "What the ...? The London Olympic mascots look like alien lobsters." - docdez
  • "London hoping to raise $21M by selling one-eyed Olympic mascots to children. What am I missing here?" - darrenrovell1
  • "Further evidence that London's Olympic organisers are heavy recreational drug users." - electricmeat
  • "Olympic mascots... Nothing says Dynamic World City like aliens with poor depth perception." - Tigerstolly
  • "Just seen the new Olympic mascots. I love them for all the wrong reasons. They look like murderous cycloptic Teletubbies." - BenBo92

- VANCOUVER SUN
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 05:15   Link #3270
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
CYCLOPTIC TELETUBBIES OMFH WTH LOL!!

Compare with this :

Which one do you guys like more? Or both of them are equally horrible?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-05-20, 05:58   Link #3271
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:

...We need more ninjas.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 16:48   Link #3272
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
CYCLOPTIC TELETUBBIES OMFH WTH LOL!!

Compare with this :

Which one do you guys like more? Or both of them are equally horrible?
Actually, I'm getting attached to the EYEBALL mascots as they are probably just so freaking surreal and spooky to the average "man on the street".

The ultimate mascot will probably be some murky particle cloud with no fixed shape or form. Odo....
Old 2010-05-20, 17:59   Link #3273
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harufox View Post
Ninjas rescue student from muggers

But how would ninjas deal with zombies?

Quote:
they remind me of a certain male body part and i would not be surprise if certain artwork appears in 4ch in the run up tot he the 2012 olympics.
Old 2010-05-20, 23:44   Link #3274
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
But how would ninjas deal with zombies?
Well......XYXXXY.

Quote:
they remind me of a certain male body part and i would not be surprise if certain artwork appears in 4ch in the run up tot he the 2012 olympics.
Reminds me of the pedobear misreport.

Old 2010-05-21, 01:06   Link #3275
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Actually, I'm getting attached to the EYEBALL mascots as they are probably just so freaking surreal and spooky to the average "man on the street".

The ultimate mascot will probably be some murky particle cloud with no fixed shape or form. Odo....
Personally, I'll be satisfied if it's wearing pants that aren't crotchless.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 01:28   Link #3276
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'm with "I-love-them-for-all-the-wrong-reasons" BenBo92. The mascots are proof that the Brits, as ever, are too cool to be cute, and too cynical to care about being beautiful.
Old 2010-05-21, 04:15   Link #3277
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
I'm with "I-love-them-for-all-the-wrong-reasons" BenBo92. The mascots are proof that the Brits, as ever, are too cool to be cute, and too cynical to care about being beautiful.
And forever masochists at embarressing themselves to the rest of the world, we must be masters of shame cause we sure aren't fazed by it.
I'm actually nervous not excited about how this is all gonna go down in 2 years time ><;;;
*sighs*

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 10:45   Link #3278
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Hands up whoever has been having silly fun with Google's playable Pac-Man doodle.

Google celebrates 30 years of Pac-Man with playable logo
Quote:
San Francisco (May 21): A playable... logo? That's exactly what web giant Google has today, in celebration of the 30th anniversary of Pac-Man's Japanese release. The doodle (Google's term for its event and holiday-specific logos) is accessible on its main page and is a full 255-level game complete with a 256th level "kill screen," just like the original coin-op.

The interactive doodle — a first for Google — is the brainchild of senior user experience designer Marcin Wichary, whose earliest exposure to Pac-Man came at age five while traveling across his native Poland with his father, a game technician, to repair arcade machines. Marcin worked with Google doodler (yes, it's a real job) Ryan Germick to create the finished design.

So, for today at least, you can tell your boss: "I may be browsing the Web and playing a game, but I'm also being part of something historic."

- JOYSTIQ
Old 2010-05-21, 12:33   Link #3279
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Hands up whoever has been having silly fun with Google's playable Pac-Man doodle.

Google celebrates 30 years of Pac-Man with playable logo
The clicking is harder to control....highest level reached is only 30!

Old 2010-05-24, 21:11   Link #3280
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten
PM urged to swear more, but no Speedos

Quote:

* Young voters want Kevin Rudd to swear more
* Say strip club visit would gain him their vote
* Blog: The worst swear word your child has said?

PRIME Minister Kevin Rudd needs to swear more and visit another strip club to win over voters at the next election, according to a poll.

Competing in an iron man contest would also apparently help the Mr Rudd in the popularity stakes, but survey respondents rejected the idea of him wearing Speedos, Tony Abbott-style.

The Galaxy Poll, published in lads' magazine Zoo Weekly, asked 1000 registered voters earlier this month what would help Mr Rudd secure their vote.

One in four pollsters in the 18-24 age group said they'd be swayed if he became an iron man, while 19 per cent of voters across the board want him to swear more.

If Mr Rudd visited another strip club, he'd persuade one in five respondents aged 25-34 at the ballot box, while a trip to the salon may also give his popularity a slight nudge.

Seven per cent of electors said they'd be more inclined to vote for him if he adopted a hairdo similar to that of Canadian teen pop sensation Justin Bieber.

As for his swimming attire, 95 per cent of respondents said Mr Rudd should steer clear of budgie smugglers.
Good god! I wouldn't vote for him if I saw him in speedos either. Tony Abbott has put me off them for good! X_x (link maybe NSFW)

Tags
humor