AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > KonoMini

Notices

Old 2004-04-26, 14:40   Link #221
AkihaTohno
Head of the Tohno Family

Send a message via ICQ to AkihaTohno Send a message via AIM to AkihaTohno
After episode 4, I wouldn't trust Ryou... he's getting all creepy and the like. And Hikari doesn't seem to fond of Akari, and wants her the dead. But Akari seems completely honest.

Spoiler:
AkihaTohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 17:51   Link #222
tem

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkihaTohno
After episode 4, I wouldn't trust Ryou... he's getting all creepy and the like. And Hikari doesn't seem to fond of Akari, and wants her the dead. But Akari seems completely honest.
I agree with Ryou seeming creepy, but not about the Hikari comment. I mean, Hikari had a neutral expression on her face, but it was far from a death glare. When she suggested that she and Akari were siblings, she looked genuinely happy, so I don't see why she would have any reason to want her dead.

And the idea of Akari/Ryou irks me. Didn't Jennifer say she was around 13 years old? I figured Ryou was about 16 or so. Maybe it's just me, but ..bleugh.
tem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 17:55   Link #223
FlyByNite

So Episode 4
Spoiler:
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 17:57   Link #224
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tem
I agree with Ryou seeming creepy, but not about the Hikari comment. I mean, Hikari had a neutral expression on her face, but it was far from a death glare. When she suggested that she and Akari were siblings, she looked genuinely happy, so I don't see why she would have any reason to want her dead.

And the idea of Akari/Ryou irks me. Didn't Jennifer say she was around 13 years old? I figured Ryou was about 16 or so. Maybe it's just me, but ..bleugh.
They're the same beam of light, despite physical appearance Hikari/Akari would be the same age :P
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 18:32   Link #225
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

i think it has something to do with nature and humanity...
Akari seems a lot more attuned to nature than Hikari does, and Hikari seems to be more attuned to other people than Akari does
Also, there's definately a lot more to these two girls and their two boyfriends than meets the eye...

i dunno, the show REALLY has an earthy feel to it (spiritual even)
and remember except for the beam of light and Takeru's transformation in ep. 1, nothing really appears to be too "out of this world"
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 18:46   Link #226
AkihaTohno
Head of the Tohno Family

There's obviously something wrong with the two boyfriends, but that could also mean that Kimi might have something wrong with her later since she's Ryou's direct sibling.
That'd be cool, Kimi freaking out and killing people! ^__^
Old 2004-04-26, 19:44   Link #227
I)ark-I)eath
EnI)eR I)ark I)eath

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07
I believe 13 episodes. I think that after episode 5 or 6, things will definetely pick up.
its 13?! i thought this was 26 episodes . Watching ep 4.....it feels like it really isnt going n e where....next episode is going to school...well i guess they trying to introduce that "thing" and i guess they start the story in ep 5...

so confirmed? 13 eps?
I)ark-I)eath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 20:24   Link #228
EIFY

Quote:
Originally Posted by tem

Spoiler:

Maybe Ryou does have some Lolita complex. (lol)

A kind of Easter Egg in the opening: Did anyone notice that "evil Hikari" appears right before the transformation scene? The pupil in the short flash is elliptical, not the usual round one. If you check ep.1 again you will find it's exactly evil Hikari's.

Before the pupil scene Hikari just turns around and walks away....

I will have to admit my taste for story is not that blood-thristy anymore after I finished Kanon and cleared Air.
EIFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 21:56   Link #229
Rakukojin
--Konomini--

What part of Ryou seems creepy?
Rakukojin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 22:55   Link #230
Victim

The unthinking niceness of him.
Victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 23:49   Link #231
Timon
The Timon

Send a message via ICQ to Timon Send a message via AIM to Timon Send a message via MSN to Timon Send a message via Yahoo to Timon
Anyone else get a sort of Gilgamesh(the original)/Enkidu vibe from Ryou taking Akari from the forest? Not that it isn't used a whole lot in more abstract ways, they just seemed to really make a point of pointing it out.
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 01:43   Link #232
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Well the next episode looks interesting as it should because now that the groundworks laid out so the crazy plot twists can begin. Hopefully the story will get moving.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 05:46   Link #233
Kensuke

This anime is scary... is this just fanservice parade and not much that can be considered as plot, or is there psycholigical and deep themes behind it. I just cannot decide which this is, and its driving me insane!
Will that speech about extinctions in the beginning of the first episode be one of the plotpoints and how?

But anyway, Madlax and KonoMini are my favorite series of this season.

Kaworu (NGE) was much like Ryou, always polite and speeks soft voice, maybe that is why he is so creepy.

I don't think that Takeru or Ryou will go further than they have already gone with their relationships with Hikari and Akari. Maybe one or two episodes the big plot will come out (I certainly hope so). While ep. 4 was funny and I enjoyed it, I think this will go much darker in later episodes.
Just why is Jennifer living with them if she works for some agency and she knows that Hikari and Akari are from space. I thought that major villain is always some secret and evil agency.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 06:19   Link #234
Onderhond

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneredAngel
Notice, for example, how nobody will ever actually mention things like camera angles, shot composition, pacing and use of music when talking about anime that isn't Gainax...
You've been on the wrong fora then. Gainax has become a pretty common anime studio, where cinematography has become secondary, overruled by bad fanservice.

What about studio's like Production I.G and Studio 4°C ? They make anime that's 10 times as interesting as Gainax, expecially on a visual/musical level. What about series like Blame, Trava, Texhnolyze, Kino no Tabi, Boogiepop Phantom ? Look around, and you'll find fora where people look for camera angles, composition, music ... execution. Only, Gainax isn't mentioned all that much there. I wonder why.
Onderhond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 12:09   Link #235
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

episode 4 is nice... I think Hikari's darker side is going to be more in control now...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 23:19   Link #236
Rakukojin
--Konomini--

Anime-Keep said that Konomini was a 12 episode series. Does anyone know if this information is correct? I wish is would be a 26 episodes series, 13 at the least (ending at 12 seems weird).
Old 2004-04-28, 13:55   Link #237
Doddler

Send a message via ICQ to Doddler Send a message via MSN to Doddler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakukojin
Anime-Keep said that Konomini was a 12 episode series. Does anyone know if this information is correct? I wish is would be a 26 episodes series, 13 at the least (ending at 12 seems weird).
Gainax doesn't mention a thing about how many eps there are on thier web page... unless it was mentioned in a magazine or news article, its anyones guess.
Doddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 14:31   Link #238
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doddler
Gainax doesn't mention a thing about how many eps there are on thier web page... unless it was mentioned in a magazine or news article, its anyones guess.
If an anime airs on TBS' BS-i channel, it is a likely given that it is a 12 part series.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 18:24   Link #239
AkihaTohno
Head of the Tohno Family

so that means the plot can't really be developed good enough, and there's going to be more ecchi then anything.

It would of been so much better without the fanservice... those washing scenes didn't fit in at all.
Old 2004-04-28, 18:58   Link #240
Rakukojin
--Konomini--

That would mean we're already a 1/3 done with the series. I hope that it's longer or at least have a followup OVA, movie, etc.