AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-12-29, 08:35   Link #521
Vylen
Apprentice Sorcerer

Start to worry when it's in the middle of January... Christmas/Post-Christmas/New Years are more than likely wreaking havoc on international mail.
Old 2010-12-29, 08:38   Link #522
Xplosivv

It's weird though, I ordered something from play-asia, and I got it the day before yesterday.

Ah well.
Xplosivv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 09:06   Link #523
~Ayane~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplosivv View Post
Hm. Still no delivery from yesasia, and the mail just came in.

When do I start to worry?
they dont use express mail, so it can take up to 3 weeks, right?
~Ayane~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 09:29   Link #524
Xplosivv

Hm. According to the site, it can take 6 - 12 business days, I'm on day 9 nine now.

Guess I'll wait some more~
Old 2010-12-29, 10:41   Link #525
~Ayane~

well, i shopped with them only once, and it was about half a year ago, i remember i was waiting for a package more than two weeks, but im not sure if that was from the time they shipped items to the time of arrival, or from the time they received the order (and also, i live in middle Europe)

----------------

on another note, you can add +1 to those 11k+ copies sold guys, since im planning on buying it only somewhere january/february
~Ayane~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 11:33   Link #526
Xplosivv

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ayane~ View Post
well, i shopped with them only once, and it was about half a year ago, i remember i was waiting for a package more than two weeks, but im not sure if that was from the time they shipped items to the time of arrival, or from the time they received the order (and also, i live in middle Europe)

----------------

on another note, you can add +1 to those 11k+ copies sold guys, since im planning on buying it only somewhere january/february
Heh, well, I can only wait, I guess.

Also, hell yeah, +1!

Edit: It came in yesterday, packed like a bomb, or something.

Last edited by Xplosivv; 2010-12-30 at 07:46.
Old 2010-12-30, 01:43   Link #527
Used Can

So, how do I get the secret pic?
Old 2010-12-30, 22:16   Link #528
clairdelune371

Can somebody please please post a translation to the config options in pg5? Being terrible at kanji that's the one part I'm really stuck at. I don't know what the options are and I don't want to break something by trial and error :|

Are we absolutely sure that there is no way to fast forward on this thing? All I can do to "move fast" is rapidly spam O XD

To some who were talking about the start button skipping chapters: It only does that for the chapters who've unlocked by reading them.

Well haha if I can't find any other way around it I'm gonna leave the game on auto overnight to finish the current chapter so I can move around freely there at least XD
clairdelune371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 22:49   Link #529
Mcjon01

Heh, there's really not much to break as far as settings are concerned, to be honest. Switching the second to last option to the left releases the restrictions on what you can skip, though. Just so you know.

Fast-forward, chapter-skip, chapter select, it'll all work.
Mcjon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 23:05   Link #530
clairdelune371

!!! It worked! Heheheheheeeeee thank you so much, that saved me a lot of waiting! I'm not sure what exactly that option is but I don't think I would've figured out that it does that without knowing beforehand..
Old 2011-01-03, 17:34   Link #531
Shizuka5

I'm really sorry if this has already been asked, I searched through out this topic and haven't find it. Can anyone help me? I'm going to buy a JP copy of Umineko no Naku Koro ni for the PS3, and I wanted to know if there's a patch or txt file with all the conversation translated, maybe the PC version has the same dialogue.

I'm supporting this game over NISA and Aksys forums, and I'd definitely buy it if it gets localized, but I want to support JP sales and buy the game right now. Thanks in advance for any kind of assistance.
Shizuka5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-03, 22:56   Link #532
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuro19 View Post
Well it was said that a VN (a port even) is lucky to sell even a 10K...
and wasn't a sequel already confirmed?
source
But the source updated itself and said a sequel isn't planned as it first said!

To be sure, I need someone to translate the following:

Spoiler for Interview excerpt:

Look here for the full thing. I know it didn't make the top 20 by the time it came out, but are the sales really that bad, even though it's said it has sold better than the average visual novel? I'm beginning to fear we may never get a sequel at all...

I just know what you should be doing.

Last edited by immblueversion; 2011-01-04 at 00:43.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 00:45   Link #533
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
But the source corrected itself and said a sequel isn't planned!

To be sure, I need someone to translate the following:

<snip>
Based on just this snippet, I think you have a false alarm there.

Quote:
--Since I was told it was okay to be direct, I'll just come out and ask. I assume that the release of the second half is already a foregone conclusion, but are there any plans to do things like release it in a set with the first half, or to later release a "complete edition" with the extra scenarios added in? (Kei)

To be honest, we haven't really thought about it, but I think there probably won't be anything like that.

--What about porting it to other platforms? (lain)

We have no such plans at the present time.

--Why did you decide to go forward with the release at this time, when the original work hasn't been concluded yet? I'm sure that business-related reasons were the most important, but could you tell us if there was anything else you took into account? Was it that you thought the collected episodes in the original work had reached a good point after all? (Haru)

Because we're promoting Umineko to people who don't know about it yet, we wanted to make the exciting conclusion available to those who got into it via the PS3 edition by the end of this year. We felt that, in the end, the original work was most important.

--Do you have plans to release the sequel, Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru? I love Erika, so I'm really looking forward to it.... Also, if you are going to release Chiru, who are you hoping to get for Erika's voice actress? (Maeke I☆)

We do have plans. As for voices, I'm under the impression that 07th Expansion already has an idea what they're looking for.
Old 2011-01-04, 00:57   Link #534
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
Based on just this snippet, I think you have a false alarm there.
Oh, that's a huge relief. I just hope the sales hold out for them to be able to make it...

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 01:05   Link #535
Mcjon01

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
But the source updated itself and said a sequel isn't planned as it first said!
That's actually exactly the opposite of what the siliconera article said, so you got worried about nothing. :P
Mcjon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 01:51   Link #536
clairdelune371

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizuka5 View Post
I'm really sorry if this has already been asked, I searched through out this topic and haven't find it. Can anyone help me? I'm going to buy a JP copy of Umineko no Naku Koro ni for the PS3, and I wanted to know if there's a patch or txt file with all the conversation translated, maybe the PC version has the same dialogue.

I'm supporting this game over NISA and Aksys forums, and I'd definitely buy it if it gets localized, but I want to support JP sales and buy the game right now. Thanks in advance for any kind of assistance.
The dialogue is exactly the same as the PC game (at least it was in the first episode) so you can follow screen by screen with that if you want.
Old 2011-01-04, 09:33   Link #537
Shizuka5

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairdelune371 View Post
The dialogue is exactly the same as the PC game (at least it was in the first episode) so you can follow screen by screen with that if you want.
Thank you very much, but I didn't want to download the PC game and follow dialogues, I wanted to know if there's a txt translated script from the game so I can print and follow from there while playing the PS3 version. Can I do that, and where can I find it?
Shizuka5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 11:42   Link #538
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

We never made such kind of script and we certainly won't plan to do so.
Old 2011-01-04, 11:48   Link #539
clairdelune371

Oops - my apologies! I did check your website and readme for the patch but I couldn't find anything that would oppose it since it is not an illegal download or a pirated copy. Sorry about my misunderstanding, maybe it would also help others with the same idea if you could clarify the policy regarding this somewhere on the website. Thanks for correcting this.
Old 2011-01-04, 11:59   Link #540
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Let me clarify why:
1) To make such kind of script, it would require a lot of work in order to make it standalone sort of. One would actually think they don't need the narration to be altered, but reality is that reading a script like that without the sprites directly on it can be deceiving. For instance, we sometimes made mistakes during the translation process because the visual situation wasn't in front of us as wr work on the script.
Even if you do use the script alongside when you read the PS3 version, it is not really practical with code tidbits everywhere etc.

2) As explained before, the use of the script is solely destined for the PC game. We do not have any actual problem with people using the script for the PS3 version, as its script is arguably the same, slightly modified for obvious reasons (copyright material mention, colorful languages at times etc).
However, allowing the distribution of the script in such fashion actually allows as well people using it -without- any game at hand, which leads to the next issue:

3) Distribution of the script without the game is completely inane. Not only it does impair the actual reading of the story due to the obvious lack of features (namely, visuals and music), but it is also a flat out free copy of the game, however different you may call (it is like making a text only version of a manga and distributing it: not exactly respecting the author rights).
This issue is in line with what 07th Expansion has requested: no distribution of the work without their conscent. And distributing the script alone falls in this category, as it is part of the work.

There is obviously nothing that guarantee that people would follow it (as much as it is doubtful the majority of the fanbase actually bought the doujin game), but as the translation group, it is our wish and duty to safeguard the original author rights as much as we can.