AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-15, 10:56   Link #341
Anime-fan10

The genre of this anime is to my liking: horror, romance, mystery, etc. The first episode was good, but it could've been better. I didn't really enjoy how the show went back to show Yuuko's interaction with the other characters after they showed it w/o her. I would've preferred if they just showed it w/ her to begin with b/c I felt that was a waste of time to show it w/o her. However, I'll be watching all the episodes this season to see how everything plays out.
Anime-fan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 12:44   Link #342
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

I watched the first episode last night, and I had watched after seeing the 2nd episode of Natsu no Arashi(which was one of the director's previous works) which was an interesting experience.

Going in, I wasn't expecting something quite like Another and I knew this was a lighter sort of mystery. The comparisons to Gosick are pretty apt with the blond secondary girl who likes the MC and the complex, mischievous and lonely female lead with supernatural abilities. It doesn't hurt that the main character, Teiichi, is fairly likeable and tries to understand Yuuko. He certainly isn't annoying like Natsu's male lead was which is always a plus. Like Natsu, I have a feeling the first episode isn't quite representive of the series, and the 2nd episode which probably will show how Teiichi and Yuuko met, will probably be better.

Overall, I certainly got the feeling that Yuuko is quite lonely before Teiichi brought it up from her attempts to communicate with Momoe. Some of the music lends an atmosphere of sadness below the comedy too. I do find that I want to learn more about Yuuko, and so I think the first episode did its job in that, and some comedy before the romance and the drama and the mystery isn't such a bad thing.

Kirie looks to be clearly jealous of Yuuko, and I am sure that seeing Teiichi accidently put his hand on Yuuko's breasts(although really Teiichi, she's a ghost...nobody is really going to get the wrong idea there. I did laugh at that though) irritated her. Thus, her comments about Yuuko being an "evil ghost"

It was a solid first episode, and I can only hope that it doesn't fall apart like Another did at the end where it nearly became an unintentional comedy.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 13:21   Link #343
konart

EP2

Shaftness level is over 9000

Also I want full ED right now!
Old 2012-04-15, 14:12   Link #344
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

A bunch of AMVs have been popping up at nico, but nothing too elaborated since we there aren't that many scenes to put up MADs with, I liked this one quite a lot, however the music sense doesn't really fit my idea of the series (It's probably a pun to an IdolMaster AMV or something, considering Hara's background).

About episode 2 : The episode was obviously much more well articulated than the first one, after all by now they are more or less following the original to a T. I felt that the ending was much better than the op, however seeing Yuuko singing felt strangely out of place specially since it wasn't Yumi Hara going at it (I think?)

edit : Bonus!

Spoiler:

Needs a better screen capture and actual editing skills. Regardless, this is going to replace my Suzushina Yuriko phone wallpaper

Last edited by Okashira; 2012-04-15 at 18:16.
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 16:51   Link #345
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Yuuko's damn fine.(pretty much watching the series now)
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 17:31   Link #346
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for newtype:
Old 2012-04-15, 17:48   Link #347
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Ep2 excellent.
Spoiler for ep2:
I'm in.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 18:43   Link #348
GrimJack

watched episode two

Spoiler for thoughts:

all in all though I enjoyed it but I am already a big fan so that is not surprising
Old 2012-04-15, 19:35   Link #349
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I hope with Episode Two's release, people has started to realize that Episode 1 has been a filler episode which has been placed in the beginning because there will little to no time for shenanigans.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 19:37   Link #350
bumbayker

I finally watched episode 2. The art and animation wasn't spectacular but I really liked how Silver Link presented this episode with the limited budget they had. It emanated a Japan-esque horror style which matches the theme. The humor wasn't slapstick nor forced which many highschool themed anime overuse. They also covered 2 mysteries and doesn't feel at all rushed. I hope Silver Link will be able to be consistent throughout the series.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 22:15   Link #351
sikvod00

Great second episode. I can't get over how astonishingly attractive and sensual Yuuko is. Not to mention those giant boobs...the girl is seriously stacked. Go ahead and brab them some more, Teiichi!

As an Eri Kitamura fan, I can't wait to see more of Kirie and her formal introduction.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 22:26   Link #352
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Fun episode, but I felt they over did the jokes a little, like... it was too much of a jump from the dark scenes to the lighthearted ones. Maybe it's just me.

And I would have preferred this to be the first episode.

Anyway, looking forward to Kirie's introduction.
Old 2012-04-15, 22:31   Link #353
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

See. That's why you can't judge an anime by its first episode. I agree with the rest of here that episode 2 should really be the episode 1. I don't know why they didn't do that though. Anyway, looking forward to the next episode
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 22:41   Link #354
Random Wanderer

Hmm. They're really abusing that cat bell. I wonder what they're planning to do with it, since it wasn't in the manga.

The basic stories played out just about perfectly, though. They created some extra scenes that flashed onscreen during the first part, glimpses of a dark reflection of Yuuko and so on, but it was mostly right. Much the same for the second part.

Yuuko explained fairly well the way the rules for seeing ghosts seem to work: if you expect to see something, you'll see what you expect. If you don't expect to see anything, you won't see anything. Also, she pointed out earlier an interesting detail about her physical limitations. She can't simply magically change her clothes in an instant. "If you can't do it, neither can I." That sets the rule for just about everything she does. She can't fly, she can't walk through walls, she can't mysteriously transport herself from one place to another. She is human in almost every respect.

So, this episode is how it begun. It still seems a little odd that they didn't begin the series with it, but whatever. The story's been told, the club has been created, the lying to the ever-gullible Momoe has begun, and now it is time for us to move forward from here.

Last edited by Solace; 2012-04-16 at 03:31. Reason: Removed spoiler.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 23:22   Link #355
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I adored Yuuko before, and the anime isn't helping me any... I personally love the playful, sensual types and of course Yuuko is this in spades. She wears a pretty conservative uniform but damn does she fill it out...
Old 2012-04-15, 23:23   Link #356
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

I wanna place a charm on her too...
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 23:28   Link #357
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Hmm. They're really abusing that cat bell. I wonder what they're planning to do with it, since it wasn't in the manga.
I think the cat bell is there to enhance the atmosphere to give it a more eerie feel to the scene.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 23:32   Link #358
mochichan

I dislike the first ep so I'm glad they went back. Tho ep 1 should has been ep 0 anyway.
Dark Yuko appeared a little too early even tho it was for a fast sec :\
...she creep the hell out of me in the manga XD
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 23:38   Link #359
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
I think the cat bell is there to enhance the atmosphere to give it a more eerie feel to the scene.
The fact that it was also under her memorial stone, instead of what was there in the manga, makes me question if that's all it's being used for.

Quote:
I personally love the playful, sensual types and of course Yuuko is this in spades.
Now that's for sure.

A point that that indirectly reminded me of: in the first part, right after Yuuko startles Teiichi when he's looking in the mirror, she asks him "Does my face look that frightening to you?" While she is being playful, she's not just being playful. Remembering how seeing her works, that's actually a legitimate question. She could very easily have looked like a monster to Teiichi, if that's what he'd been expecting to see.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 02:08   Link #360
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Spoiler for Episode 2 thoughts:

Endless "Paranormal President" Soul

Tags
horror, romance, shounen, slice-of-unlife, supernatural