AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-30, 16:39   Link #181
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Okay I started playing yesterday with a friend of mine who is actually more then very good in Japanese and must say it's quite interesting how much I can understand spoken Japanese (I still suck at Kanji though).

Game is fun to play. I remade my old PSO1 Ranger Cast.
Also had never any problems. I just stick more or less to me and my buddy and don't do things to piss other people off.
But we made our chars on Ship 9, so I guess I won't see that much non-japanese players i guess.

But damn, after reaching lvl 9 I will never accept any dubs... who would like to loose his Hanazawa Kana , Iguchi Yuka and Asumi Kana? And other voices too sound so very familiar...
Old 2012-08-30, 18:25   Link #182
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Game is fun to play. I remade my old PSO1 Ranger Cast.
Also had never any problems. I just stick more or less to me and my buddy and don't do things to piss other people off.
But we made our chars on Ship 9, so I guess I won't see that much non-japanese players i guess.
You would be surprised. Although ship 2 has the largest english speaking community on it, other ships also have a respectful size of non-Japanese gamers on them. This goes back when the first few ships and ship10 was locked for some time.

New PV displaying upcoming new things in the autumn update, including Twin Mechguns and Double saber !!!

Last edited by Sides; 2012-08-31 at 02:00.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 07:40   Link #183
Sides

Sakai updated his blog to inform fans about incoming events.
One of the announcement is ship migration, it will cost 700AC to switch ship. However not everything will be carried over, items storage/warehouse and myroom are ship based, which means if you decide to swap back to your original ship the items in the storage and your myroom will be still there.
Other announcement is the mag campaign. Basically if you mange to level your mag to level 30 by 10/10/2012, you will receive 2 (50%) rare drop boost tickets.
Old 2012-09-07, 09:18   Link #184
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

^ are the tickets gonna be on the inventory or storage? it's gonna be hard for me find since I don't read japanese :P

"Nothing is true, Everything is Permitted" - Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 13:45   Link #185
Sides

Once you redeem the code at the visophone, that thing with the pink question mark, you will find the tickets and other things like rewards from winning interrupt rankings at a temporary storage space. I can post a screen where to find it a bit later, if you want.

Go to one of the green terminals, where you can access your storage

Then select the third option

You should find your reward under the last option

If both of your storage (your backpack and storage) was full during a mission, rewards from emergency codes will be stored in the second option, but it is limited to 30 items!

Ricardo or someone from his crew, who runs the phantasy star fan blog, posted a well written step guide about how the ship transferring will work. link

Last edited by Sides; 2012-09-07 at 13:59.
Old 2012-09-11, 11:31   Link #186
Sides

Massive update coming today at 11:00 ~ 17:00 JST
This weeks maintenance will bring the new classesnew level cap, subclasses, new weapon categories, and more things.
One big change are normal modes for the maps such as ice berg, underground complex and sky lands. Why is this a big change, until now you could only access those area once you managed to level a class to level 30 and higher. This means up until now you had to combine (repeatable) client orders and revisit the three initial locations again and again until you reach level 30.

Ok, I go myself confused. No new level cap, very hard mode or subclasses until October.

More information is available over on http://bumped.org/psublog/reminder-weekly-maintenance/
and the official page http://pso2.jp/players/ (look up the news section)

The patch has apparently a massive size of 4.3GB! So it will take time to download, but usually the patch is live when the server is undergoing maintenance.

And the Friend Invitation System will also be introduced during this update.
If anyone want to start a character on ship10 or ship2 after this update, it would be nice if you could pm me and I will sent you my player-id. You can invite someone else afterwards, and so on.

Last edited by Sides; 2012-09-12 at 16:55.
Old 2012-09-20, 10:32   Link #187
Zexas

Old 2012-09-20, 10:45   Link #188
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Frankly, I can't exactly understand the purpose of the vita version compared to the PC: as it is online only, you ought to have a wifi network, and frankly, why would you play on your vita instead on your PC?

Even with a low config, the game has better graphics on PC. So I really wonder what Sega has to offer to justify the purchase of the vita version, especially I don't think it will be a freebie on PSN just like what the PC version is so... errr...
Old 2012-09-20, 10:57   Link #189
Zexas

Even on low setting my pc unable to play it

Some people love to play it on the go so why not? I'll say most likely sega would put some bonus on the vita version equivalent to the price. Definitely buying the Vita version though.
Old 2012-09-20, 11:01   Link #190
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I understand playing on the go, but since you need a Wifi connection, I can't call that "on the go", unlike say Monster Hunter or Ragnarok Odyssey.
But yeah, you can say it helps people with a very low spec PC, but aside that's... a steep investment for a free to play MMO.
Old 2012-09-20, 11:06   Link #191
Zexas

didn't they said that it also work on 3G? nowaday wifi is everywhere anyway.
Old 2012-09-20, 11:54   Link #192
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

You cannot play any game through 3G with the Vita, that's why this model is near useless for its price tag unless you use its browser, social networks features and all like a smartphone (which is a weird prospect to begin with). Even so, you would suck your data quota dry if you could, considering the connection required for standard multiplayer gameplay.
Wifi spots aren't that numerous in Japan and the connections often got screwed at times. I surely had hard time to simply browse with my Iphone over there.
And it goes without saying that other countries are even less well served than that: in Europe, you hardly have any wifi spots except starbucks and McDonalds, obviously sucked dry by many other customers.
Old 2012-09-21, 03:08   Link #193
Sides

I think it is a good idea that they are actually introducing PC only and mixed PC+vita blocks. But yeah, I rather spend my money on purchasing AC than on a vita handheld at the moment. I mean you can get around 6 x 90day premium set for that money, that covers almost for a year and a half, giving you access to item trading, myshop and other useful things in-game.

Last edited by Sides; 2012-09-21 at 07:14.
Old 2012-09-21, 07:16   Link #194
Sides

Now to more interesting news, Ruins area and Subclases! Sources: 4gamers and bumped.org/psublog

Subclasses:
As far as I understand the subclass system lets you combine two classes. This will allow you to use the subclasses' skills and PA, but you can only use the weapons available to your main class, so can have a Hunter/Fighter or Fighter/Hunter, if that makes sense. The difference between those two pairing will be the weapon they can use, for instance a Hunter/Fighter will be able to use swords, partisans and wire lances, whereas Fighter/Hunter can use daggers, double sabers and knuckles.
I reckon this will make rare weapons such as soul eater, bouquet rifle and other weapons useable for all class more valuable in the coming months.

Ruins:
New maps and probably enemies, to make it short...
Old 2012-09-22, 07:04   Link #195
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Even with a low config, the game has better graphics on PC.
Is that really the only comparison you can make? The quality of the graphics isn't that important.
Old 2012-09-22, 12:04   Link #196
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Except that for a port, unless it brings other features that are exclusive to that plateform, comparisons aren't numerous to make (I mentioned the graphics considering the Vita boasts the best spec available for portable as of now), and I went through with the others points, which is the price tag and the accessibility since there is no offline.
There is little reason to get the vita version even more so if it isn't free, aside of the touch screen (which isn't really that much of an advantage considering the shortcuts or controller settings) or the fact you have a low spec PC.
if you have other comparisons, please be my guest.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-09-22 at 13:42.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 13:34   Link #197
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

any announcement if PSO2 will be compatible with Windows 8/RT?
Old 2012-09-23, 03:18   Link #198
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
any announcement if PSO2 will be compatible with Windows 8/RT?
As far as I know, the games works fine with windows 8, not sure about RT.
However gameguard have broken it for most x64 windows version in the past, but at the moment it works fine. Some Anti-virus software and desktop firewalls can cause trouble with gameguard and its rootkit nature. Think Avast is currently the only software that gameguard doesn't like, because it is doing it's job correctly.
Old 2012-09-24, 04:21   Link #199
Sides

Ricardo updated his blog with the QA session during this TGS. You can find his summary of this here or you can look it up the QA on japnese gaming sites like famitsu.com

Some bits regarding the vita version:
1 PSN/SEN account allows you to use 1 PSO2 account, if you want to login with another PSO2 account, you need either another memory card and PSN/SEN account or format your memory card and swap your SEN/PSN accounts.(This is nothing new, as most vita owners using multiple region accounts and are use to that). But just like the PC version you can buy more characters for your account, not character slots by the way.
The client (Game) is free to download over SEN/PSN and it will not have an offline mode.
PC players can change to PC+Vita blocks, but vita users can only stick on the mix blocks.

Couple of things they didn't mentioned about the vita version are:
Size of the client and if you can buy AC directly via PSN/SEN.
For the reference my PSO2 client folder is 8GB+ with the latest update, that doesn't include things like screen shot or other data, those are stored somewhere else. If you are getting your vita for soonish, get a biggest memory card you can afford, so you can use it for other games.
If we can purchase AC directly over PSN/SEN that will make a big difference for importers, since sega japan stopped transactions from foreign credit cards and webmoney/bitcash/netcash resellers do like to add a health extra fee for their services.
Just to be clear you will need to be connected to the PSO2 server to play the game, like the PC version.

Not sure about the PSO2es, but that is I think more or less offline, but it will uploads and download some data to and from the network, like if your mag stats increases, items sold on your myshop. It could be a useful way to manage certain things on your PC/vita account, like if you want to raise your mag when you are not at home or check up and update you myshop, and so on, besides providing a quick game on the go.
Old 2012-10-09, 18:22   Link #200
Sides

Subclasses, new level cap, new PAs, more story content and new weapons will be added in the upcoming update, which is a few hours away.
Like most of new content for this game, you have to complete specific client orders to gain access to them, except of course for the techniques discs and rare weapons which you have to hunt on the field.

Remember to log off during the maintenance/update.

PSVita client is also free to download, probably worth mentioning.

Tags
pc-windows