AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2014-04-25, 19:45   Link #10021
Nighty40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Throne View Post
Thank you Wakaki-sensei for making a great manga, I look forward reading your future manga works.

I hope that the incoming final chapter is something that I will remember(at least not make it disappointing)
the final chapter came out last week. just saying
Nighty40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 21:17   Link #10022
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Well, there's the last tankoubon which will come with some extra pages. Speaking of which:

http://blog.wakakitamiki.coolblog.jp/?day=20140424

He seems to be saying that he will be drawing some extra pages for the tankoubon. But then my Japanese knowledge is quite limited so feel free to correct me.
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 05:36   Link #10023
deadlight
バカ うさぎ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalStar View Post
Well, there's the last tankoubon which will come with some extra pages. Speaking of which:

http://blog.wakakitamiki.coolblog.jp/?day=20140424

He seems to be saying that he will be drawing some extra pages for the tankoubon. But then my Japanese knowledge is quite limited so feel free to correct me.
Indeed that's what I got from the last paragraph, and that he'll increase Haqua's appearance there.
deadlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 07:55   Link #10024
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Is it just me or I`ve misunderstood the final line in the last page ?

Quote:
The final volume will be out on June 18 -
http://mangapark.com/manga/the-world...ws/s2/c268/3-9
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 08:41   Link #10025
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Throne View Post
Is it just me or I`ve misunderstood the final line in the last page ?
The final volume, not the final chapter. Each chapter is published in Weekly Shonen Sunday, and then sometime later once they've got enough chapters for it, they'll compile about ten or so of these weekly chapters together into each volume. And while these volumes do contain some extra content, it's usually just three or four pages of bonus comic-strips, and perhaps a few comments from the author.
Old 2014-04-26, 18:02   Link #10026
Nighty40

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlight View Post
Indeed that's what I got from the last paragraph, and that he'll increase Haqua's appearance there.
well good, I feel like Haqua got the short end of the stick in the finale only appearing for a short bit in the second to last chapter.
Nighty40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 10:16   Link #10027
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighty40 View Post
well good, I feel like Haqua got the short end of the stick in the finale only appearing for a short bit in the second to last chapter.
Haqua was one of the better characters in this series. Sadly she was clearly a casualty in the author's chosen ending--then again, her case proves that "too much tsun-tsun robs you of the chance to win a hero's heart."

I sure wish that this series hadn't been forced to end so quickly. An omnibus set of endings would have been so nice.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 11:52   Link #10028
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
"too much tsun-tsun robs you of the chance to win a hero's heart."
Wiser words have never been uttered.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 20:39   Link #10029
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Wiser words have never been uttered.
And yet I would still like to believe that Haqua's feelings for Keima were genuine.

There are still some overly-tsun-tsun heroines who win the hero's heart despite their problematic tendencies, though.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 20:57   Link #10030
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Sometime, in order to drill the idea of Love into someone's brain and heart, aggressive menthods are required.

Or, a Devil is always need there to counter the God.

Life sure is getting 5% duller to me now.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 06:39   Link #10031
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

So I just marathonned this...

and god

the ending

WAS TERRIBLE

it's not even about sinking ship, up until yesterday I was an anime-only watcher, I might have faved a girl after watching the first 2 season, but 2 years made me forgot all that, and season 3 didn't make me interested in any girl.

I'm disappointed, this is not a story that you should just end with the "life go on" end, it should end with a finale, an end that there should be nothing left to expand on, an end that conclude Keima's life, that conclude every subplot.

What will happen to all the gods and goddesses? what is the order of new hell now? if the Saytr whatever their name was that powerful, there should still be lingering force to restore the old hell, and the gods and goddesses, there must be more than just the Jupiter sister, what are they doing? what will the goddesses, the Jupiter sister do? they hide forever in those girl body? what kind of goddess are they even? and after the girl die they back being wandering spirit?

even they have to end this couldn't they end it better? if they choose Chihiro I could just think up a scenario where the goddess have to leave the girl body and the girls lose their memories again, they lost it once, they can lose it again, there are girl who never remembered in the first place, ending with goddess leaving for some important reason could have wrapped up the goddess subplot better, and it might even wrap the New Hell subplot too, which ended in the lamest way possible, they are great power that control the New Hell underground world yet they themselves or their underling couldn't put up a good fight once exposed? what kind of lame great political power is that?

and what become of Keima after all this? same as before except find one he loves? but not even that was showed well, his words empty to me, all of the last chapter, all of his words feel empty. what become of his ideal? what developed? where all of his wisdom as a capturing god? What become of him

I mad, pained by this ending, as I said, I never cared about the girl so all ship can go sink for all I care, but the story, it feel so incomplete, it feel so crooked, It really feel like the author lost interest or it was canned, I wept that a good story like this have already went to waste.

I wish that I have never read the ending, I wish that something happen that left the author not ending it, but not making new chapter either, until he die of old age, while I loved season 3 of the anime, if the series ended at where season 2 ended, it would been millions time better than for it to wrap up like this, an ending which Keima's story was forced to end, yet nothing about it seem to end at all, the grand story did not feel like it ended, nor was Keima's story should have ended there, there seem like a lot of things he should be involved with, which now the author have to pull several deep ass if he wanted to continue, not with lacking some story element he have already sacrificed for this bullshit of an ending.

I'm just fucking mad at this.

end rant.
Old 2014-05-03, 06:06   Link #10032
Vegard Aune

Indeed. Which is why I'm hoping that, if they end up making an anime of the final arc, they'll elaborate a bit on the ending... Or rather I'm actually hoping for a somewhat liberal adaptation that tries to streamline the whole thing a bit better, as the manga was honestly kinda jumbled here. Like, say, adding a few more hints that there's something special about Elsie, considering how all the manga had there was a vague mention of "A demon who can solve this whole conflict" and then suddenly at the end of the arc, BAM YOU THOUGHT THE DEMON WAS DOKUROU BUT IN FACT IT WAS ELSIE AND ACTUALLY SHE WAS SATYR'S ULTIMATE WEAPON ALL ALONG but never mind that, that got taken care of off-screen
Good story-telling. That wasn't an example of it.
Old 2014-05-11, 08:43   Link #10033
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

GAAAAH. NOOOO. UGHHH. Why Chihiro? Why her? Damn. Argh. Least all the loose ends are tied up. Agh.
Old 2014-06-04, 07:42   Link #10034
bastek66

Final cover
Old 2014-06-04, 09:53   Link #10035
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I'll be honest, the final cover would have been much cooler with Eri rather than Elsie...but still looks nice.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-05, 04:44   Link #10036
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Don't put much hope on the anime.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-05, 05:00   Link #10037
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
GAAAAH. NOOOO. UGHHH. Why Chihiro? Why her? Damn. Argh. Least all the loose ends are tied up. Agh.
Because she is the perfect match for him. Also she is interesting. Only Tenri can have any competition here.
Old 2014-06-05, 11:15   Link #10038
Miraluka
Banned

So being a victim of a miscalculation makes one a perfect match out of pity and guilt for someone, uh?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 11:49   Link #10039
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
So being a victim of a miscalculation makes one a perfect match out of pity and guilt for someone, uh?
Miscalculation is interesting, with Tenri there would be just pity and guilt.
Old 2014-06-07, 14:26   Link #10040
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
There is no pity and guilt involved with the match here.
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen