AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-17, 15:10   Link #3941
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
I'm surprised as well. Congrats to Taiga.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2009-10-17, 15:12   Link #3942
Team Rocket Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Seriously? The Rie Kugimiya character had more support than the primary moeblob from the bestselling Blu-Ray series of all time? Perhaps I mistook the nature of the hardcore Japanese otaku. Then again it was probably just those infamous anti-votes that caused the underdog outcome.

And I had planned a K-On style celebration for Yui too, ohohoho.
I believe Bakemonogatari had higher Blu-Ray sales than K-On. Sales aren't everything anyways. It's also arguable if Mio or Yui is the K-On's primary moeblob.
Old 2009-10-17, 15:29   Link #3943
chaosprophet

I'm sad Yui lost as of all the girls who taken part of this saimoe she was one of those I most wanted to win this. At least she lost to Taiga which is a quite good option for the winner. Anyway both girls deserved to be here!

This was the first time I actively participated in a Japan Saimoe and it was lots of fun. I remember when I checked the full list of contestants for the prelims and thought "there is no way we can translated all of those!". But lots of AS members and even some who weren't helped, and in the end we were able to have the contestants names and series names in english for each prelim round before that round started. And that was the amazing number of 2913 characters!

Anyway thanks for everyone who contributed to this thread, even if just by posting their own opinion about the matches, for both anime and manga saimoe. I was able to have lots fun because of you. I hope you were able to have fun too, even if your favorites characters didn't do well.
Old 2009-10-17, 15:34   Link #3944
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Yui still maintained the higher overall vote count. Though given another few matches, Taiga would have beat her eventually in that department.

Taiga manages to take out the number one (Nodoka) and number two (Yui) from the preliminaries...Taiga being the number three.
Old 2009-10-17, 15:43   Link #3945
00andz00
-.-'

grats to Taiga.. and Yui for the good fight

im not really a Taiga fan, but it wouldve been badass if she got 3/3..
oh well, i guess 2/3 isnt that bad

till next year ppl
Old 2009-10-17, 15:43   Link #3946
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Seriously? The Rie Kugimiya character had more support than the primary moeblob from the bestselling Blu-Ray series of all time? Perhaps I mistook the nature of the hardcore Japanese otaku. Then again it was probably just those infamous anti-votes that caused the underdog outcome.

And I had planned a K-On style celebration for Yui too, ohohoho.
You don't follow this and you wanted to claim you knew better than us. 2ch is a bizarre world, and not even us want to claim to know it from 3 months of exposure every year.

Never forget
Old 2009-10-17, 16:17   Link #3947
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Overall picks: 92-67 (57.9%)
Overall predictions: 131-28 (82.4%)

Grats to Taiga! I'm content with one of my top picks Yui making it this far. Who wins is just a culmination of the tourney, it's not as important as the time spent getting involved in all the fun raging fun. Thanks everyone and I hope you all had a good time. See ya next year! (2010 is so close I can almost taste it... and it tastes like happiness)

Saimoe 2009 final recap and tourney thoughts
Old 2009-10-17, 17:04   Link #3948
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Chartage Pt 1.
Spoiler for Big:

Chartage Pt. 2
Spoiler for Not so big:

I am satisfied with this year's winner.
(Though I did vote for the other girl.)

The "Mikuru Gambit" paid off big time.

Be ready for Saimoe 2010: The Return of Nanoha.

Last edited by Aya Reiko; 2009-10-17 at 17:19.
Old 2009-10-17, 20:28   Link #3949
NissanNut
Mochi Addict

Send a message via AIM to NissanNut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko View Post
Chartage Pt 1.
Spoiler for Big:

Chartage Pt. 2
Spoiler for Not so big:

I am satisfied with this year's winner.
(Though I did vote for the other girl.)

The "Mikuru Gambit" paid off big time.

Be ready for Saimoe 2010: The Return of Nanoha.
Can't wait to see Fate and Nanoha again.
Old 2009-10-17, 20:41   Link #3950
Team Rocket Elite

Assuming the movie comes out on time, I'm looking forward to the Counterattack of Nagato Yuki. I'm still hoping the poor performance from the Haruhi characters this year was due to them being the Haruhi-chan versions.
Old 2009-10-17, 20:59   Link #3951
OverFunk
It will never be the year

They were explicitly the Haruhi-chan versions. Look at every material they have in the chinese saimoe wiki.

Never forget
Old 2009-10-17, 21:51   Link #3952
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverFunk View Post
They were explicitly the Haruhi-chan versions. Look at every material they have in the chinese saimoe wiki.
Technically yes. But you know that's not true.
Old 2009-10-17, 22:33   Link #3953
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well, by the time Saimoe 2010 starts, it will have been almost a year since the Endless Eight. Ten or Eleven new episodes of Haruhi aired after the cutoff date this year (maybe more, I wasn't paying attention), so at that time there will be no question which series they are attached. Add to this the movie that reportedly will come out next Spring....there will be enough time to let some of the bad memories fade, and perhaps let some more interesting moe choices come up with the movie.

However we don't know what is in store for Saimoe from this coming Winter and Spring seasons (nor much of the Fall season for that matter)...so there could easily be a new hot moe item around the corner.

Next year's known returners:
Hayate faction continues onward with Nagi, Hinagiku, and Maria
Nanoha and Fate return
Haruhi, Yuki, and Mikuru press on.
Higurashi makes its final appearance in Saimoe due to its final OVA release in mid-Summer 2009.
Saki faction gets another shot at Saimoe.
K-On gets another shot at Saimoe via an OVA release in January 2010.
I think Strike Witches will have another shot, though I don't know how they'll do.
Mikasa Mikoto will return.
Shana returns

Things that are most likely not coming back:

Clannad's out....possible exception would be Tomoyo if her game is ever animated.
Toradora is out...they finished the story. Besides...Taiga can't do better than she's already done in one year.
Minami-ke will be out for a little while until (or unless) they get more material to animate (the last OVA came out in June)
Lucky Star is out unless something new gets animated.
Does Louise, user of Void Magic, have another OVA or series in this range? Otherwise she's out for a time.
Old 2009-10-17, 22:36   Link #3954
Team Rocket Elite

Some people treat them as the same character, some people let the original characters slightly influence their votes and some people treat them as completely different characters. The number of people in each group is open to interpretation but I expect most people to be in the second group and the fewest to be in the third group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Things that are most likely not coming back:

Clannad's out....possible exception would be Tomoyo if her game is ever animated.
Toradora is out...they finished the story. Besides...Taiga can't do better than she's already done in one year.
Minami-ke will be out for a little while until (or unless) they get more material to animate (the last OVA came out in June)
Lucky Star is out unless something new gets animated.
Kyou's episode came out on July 1st, 2009. Does that make her eligible for next year?

Do Toradora SOS shorts count? Some of them were after July 1st, 2009.
Old 2009-10-17, 22:44   Link #3955
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Hmmm, those cut it awful close. Maybe yes, maybe no. Depends on the nomination people and Saimoe staff I guess.

If so, than you might see Kyou and Ryou again. Though Taiga, Ami, and Minori might suffer from the same problem as Haruhi-chan. (though I'd vote for Shana-tan characters over their originals quite easily)
Old 2009-10-17, 22:49   Link #3956
Team Rocket Elite

I would be very surprised if they got in through Toradora SOS and were anywhere close to being as strong as they were this year. Taiga would also have to deal with the usual anti-champion votes.
Old 2009-10-18, 01:51   Link #3957
RJ TAYLER

Well done Taiga: The ultimate One Shot In The Locker Wonder

Seems as though 2010 will be the year to end them all with all those powerful characters now eligible again. Go all you good things and make it a good one.
Old 2009-10-18, 02:09   Link #3958
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

It had to be the school festival and X-mas episodes that clinched it for Taiga.

Seriously, you have no heart if those didn't do it for you.
Old 2009-10-18, 03:20   Link #3959
Zavie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well, by the time Saimoe 2010 starts, it will have been almost a year since the Endless Eight. Ten or Eleven new episodes of Haruhi aired after the cutoff date this year (maybe more, I wasn't paying attention), so at that time there will be no question which series they are attached. Add to this the movie that reportedly will come out next Spring....there will be enough time to let some of the bad memories fade, and perhaps let some more interesting moe choices come up with the movie.
There're rumors that the movie of Haruhi is coming next year's spring as well (featuring the Disapearance of Haruhi Suzumiya). So maybe it will raise another tide of Haruhi factor.

For me, I'd rather not see Taiga participating next year and suffering from the anti vote.
Old 2009-10-18, 03:46   Link #3960
LazyCanuck
I do nothing all the time

having all these powerhouses returning to Saimoe all at once is either gonna lead to one of the most epic saimoes ever or one of the worst, depending on alot of things, mostly tactical voting and such.

Watch as like all the powerhouses get eliminated right off the bat and we end up with two random, well not so much "nobodies" but total dark-horses, kinda like what seemed to have happened when Rika and nagi made the final. Granted i wasn't there that year, seeing as who else was in the tournament that year it sure looks like that's what happened.

Tags
anime, characters, competition, saimoe