Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-03-28, 01:40   Link #3721
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuzukaHeartless View Post
Why is Yuji being duped by the Snake and do something evil while there is still hope and a way for Yuji to snap out of it and kill Snake of the Festival without being killed or disappearing forever. If not then Shana will have no choice but to kill him. By killing him the ending SnS will end up like this:
Yuji's not being duped by SoF as far as we know, he's helping from his own will. Yuji's goal is to eliminate the need for Flame Hazes to fight the Denizens so Shana won't have to spend eternity to fight for something that will just be the same (ie, Flame Hazes chasing down Denizens and killing them, while trying to slow down the deterioration of the PoE). And Yuji thinks the best way to do that is to help SoF create a new world so the Denizens will move there so no more damage will be caused on Earth, and remove the need to fight.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 02:30   Link #3722
Blutsauger

Send a message via MSN to Blutsauger
Well...We don't know if Yuji is being duped or not. He says he is doing it from his own will, which helps us assume he knows what he is doing. It would be pretty silly of Yuji to say "I know what I am doing and I realise you think it's wrong, but I think it's the right thing to do." and then not actually know what Snake is trying to do. lol.

Looking at the 4th image of Yuji stabbing Wilhelmina, YUJI IS A MADMAN! is all I could see from his eyes. I mean seriously, LOOK at them. When I look at them I see. "DIE BITCH DIE! LOOK AT ALL THAT BLOOD SPURT OUT! I'M IN HEAVEN!!!!"
If that was what Noizi Ito was getting at, GREAT, AMAZING ART!
Blutsauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 14:26   Link #3723
Kaskodiona
Let's all love Shana-tan.

Location: Location? LOCATION YOU SAY?! ...I won't be a bot and say it like a bot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutsauger View Post
Looking at the 4th image of Yuji stabbing Wilhelmina, YUJI IS A MADMAN! is all I could see from his eyes. I mean seriously, LOOK at them. When I look at them I see. "DIE BITCH DIE! LOOK AT ALL THAT BLOOD SPURT OUT! I'M IN HEAVEN!!!!"
If that was what Noizi Ito was getting at, GREAT, AMAZING ART!
What you said was random, but funny. HELL YES, THAT PICTURE LOOKS LIKE YUJI HAS HIS HAIR CHANGED LIKE ONE OF THE GUY'S FROM DRAGON BALL!

And I don't know why, my scanner doesn't work. Maybe I have to download the software... not download, sorry, install.

Last edited by Kaskodiona; 2011-03-28 at 14:38.
Kaskodiona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 18:19   Link #3724
pancakes
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuzukaHeartless View Post
Why is Yuji being duped by the Snake and do something evil while there is still hope and a way for Yuji to snap out of it and kill Snake of the Festival without being killed or disappearing forever. If not then Shana will have no choice but to kill him. By killing him the ending SnS will end up like this:
1. Just like School Days, where even nicer guys have no chance of being a good guy, thus making bullies out of women and girls who are the fans of it that picking on even on friendly and/or chivalric guys who do not want doing anything perverse or any other wrongdoings
2. She loses her love but moves on and continue her duties as a flame haze, forgetting her love completely
3. She dies/disappears along with her love interest with or without kissing each other.
4. She will learn everything about love after she lost him.
5. Any ending whose conflicts about romantic love between Flame Haze and her love interest can no longer be solved, thus a tragic love ending.

Any of these endings will...make Shakugan no Shana seem sadistic to its fans, make Yuji-X-Shana fanatics mad, make some men call Shana a heartless person, some feel like all girls are heartless except, "Yamato Nadeshiko" steriotypes who are older than them and who are romantically interested in these types of girls/women, as seen in most of the romance anime series...and that is what I feared for...

Don't get me wrong! I'm still a yuji-x-shana fan and I want Shana and Yuji to be together in the end. I hope you all understand and I hope I'm wrong. I hope someone will send what I feel through this post to the Shakugan no Shana author if there is someone.
First off, please write more clearly. I can hardly understand you.

Now, how many times do I have to tell people this...................YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING UNTIL THE WRITER TELLS YOU HIMSELF!!!!!!!!!

What would happen if yuji's dad is a king of the crimson realm? And the strongest? And at the end he somehow defeats everyone and saves yuji? It sounds improbable, yes. BUT, it can happen.
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 18:22   Link #3725
pancakes
*Author

Yes. That is a good idea to change this thread to general. Its not like it matters though.......

(looks at the posts hooves put up) you are one nice fella
Old 2011-03-29, 18:45   Link #3726
pancakes
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
Wondering why none never made summaries regarding volumes 9-15, which are the part that anime just screwed up with Konoe Fumina, was just checking the images from the raws and there is some really good scenes that I can't wait to read, literally, got on a suicide mission to try to read the raw with my 2 months knowledge of japanese, was as I said, a suicide

Spoiler for Too big image:

The Yuji's tears at the second image are easy enough for me to traslate it, but it can be wrong.

"くそ。。。つ、なんで、こんな。。。弱いん、だ" (if anyone can traslate it better)

"Shit... Why is this happening... I am weak but..." (text goes kanji after this and I can't read it anymore...)

The first image is on katakana so I can't help it, but maybe Hooves can.
The third is Wilhelmina talking on kanji that I can't get and Yuji trying to say "Shana"
And the fourth... Yeah, it's Yuji slashing Willhelmina.

Don't get cheated by the image, Yuji somehow got the blustsauger and almost killed Wilhelmina, then Shana stopped him and damaged his body really bad... Then I don't know what happened and if I see another raw, I'll puke so..
This volume is like totally dedicated to Wilhelmina arrival I think.

PD: Does anyone here owns the Viz versions of V1 and V2?
(Regarding V9-15) Probably, because that was the most disliked part of the series.

Also what does kanji mean? And why did shana hurt yuji? Doesnt sound like something she would do.

To answer your question, I own the viz versions of V1 and V2.
Old 2011-03-29, 19:38   Link #3727
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancakes View Post
Yes. That is a good idea to change this thread to general. Its not like it matters though.......
Well, this thread does contain spoilers of the novels to all those who haven't even had a glimpse of the novels and just watched the anime. So changing this to general would be a little misleading with many spoilers to come. Unless we added (Spoilers) to the renaming of it.

Quote:
Also what does kanji mean? And why did shana hurt yuji? Doesnt sound like something she would do.
What do you mean Shana hurt Yuji? Yuji was crying because of the fact that he was too weak to protect anyone and just a side-by character you usually see of side-characters in animes where the main-character gets all the spotlight. That's when Wilhelmina came in and started strangling him to death to get rid of him, then he went berserk on her in the aftermath and almost killed her. (Oh... How I love the novel Yuji )
Old 2011-03-29, 21:31   Link #3728
PABURO

@SkyFlames: I posted o baka-tsuki because I wish to be an editor for the spanish-version of the novel so you can take me into account... native spanish speaker and not to brag but i get hunreds on spanish so... wuajajaja... also im the only one jejeje... so please!!!
ohh!!! like 10 pages before you menioned mami kawada's new singles... I just heard them and now I realized IM IN LOVE WITH Don't interrupt me and SATANIC!!! WUAJAJAJAJA... SO GOOD!!!
PABURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 02:37   Link #3729
Zakoo

So, the parents of Yuji forgot about him ? What about their child's name ? I remember a talk with his father where he asks him if he could use a word meaning 'three' inside, do they gorget it also ?

I have read the bridge fight ... oww, how badass, Yuji in SnF is just god like.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 07:14   Link #3730
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
So, the parents of Yuji forgot about him ? What about their child's name ? I remember a talk with his father where he asks him if he could use a word meaning 'three' inside, do they gorget it also ?

I have read the bridge fight ... oww, how badass, Yuji in SnF is just god like.
When he went about his business as a godlike being after merging with SnF, everyone (except those who can remember) forgot about Yuji, that includes his parents, his school friends, everyone. Yuji's brother that died pre-birth, I think they remember him quite well, just forgot about the other son that was born after.
Old 2011-03-30, 10:36   Link #3731
pancakes
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Well, this thread does contain spoilers of the novels to all those who haven't even had a glimpse of the novels and just watched the anime. So changing this to general would be a little misleading with many spoilers to come. Unless we added (Spoilers) to the renaming of it.

What do you mean Shana hurt Yuji? Yuji was crying because of the fact that he was too weak to protect anyone and just a side-by character you usually see of side-characters in animes where the main-character gets all the spotlight. That's when Wilhelmina came in and started strangling him to death to get rid of him, then he went berserk on her in the aftermath and almost killed her. (Oh... How I love the novel Yuji )
You misunderstood. I know why he was depressed, and I know why Wilhelmina attacked him, and I know why he DEFENDED himself (Major plot difference in anime and novel...............bastards). In SkyFlames comment he says Shana stopped Yuji from killing Wilhelmina and in the process she damaged his body really bad. I was asking for more information on that since I can't read Japanese. It sounds important.............like episode 9 of season 1. jk jk

Last edited by pancakes; 2011-03-30 at 10:49.
Old 2011-03-30, 11:48   Link #3732
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

From which I remember, Willhelmina almost kills him, Shana cames in and stops her, then Yuji gets the Blustsauger and there he almost kills Wilhelmina. Then I think that Shana gets mad at it, since she is like a mother to her, and punches/kicks Yuji, I'm not talking about hits as the ones she gave him when he saw her naked, but much serious ones.
Anyways, this is which I got from the spoilers some dozens of pages up here. Gonna give more details once I get to that part of the novel (long time to go).
Old 2011-03-30, 11:56   Link #3733
pancakes
*Author

Quote:
From which I remember, Willhelmina almost kills him, Shana cames in and stops her, then Yuji gets the Blustsauger and there he almost kills Wilhelmina. Then I think that Shana gets mad at it, since she is like a mother to her, and punches/kicks Yuji, I'm not talking about hits as the ones she gave him when he saw her naked, but much serious ones.
Anyways, this is which I got from the spoilers some dozens of pages up here. Gonna give more details once I get to that part of the novel (long time to go).
Ok, thank you. Wilhelmina is a flame haze and yuji is a mystes, so the damage they had taken was I'm guessing pety. Since flame haze can heal quickly and a torch's body is repairable. So it was probably no big deal in the long run right? Or was it?

Also I'm not sure if you read but I have the viz versions of volumes 1+2. Why did you ask?
Old 2011-03-30, 16:19   Link #3734
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

That doesn't mean that they don't feel pain, I'm sure that Wilhelmina was really close to death, we do know that Mystes can die as Tenmoku Ikko, or get close to it by losing too much blood or serious wounds (Johan). Yuji maybe just got inconcious after the first punches, but I don't know, I must read the novel to be sure.
Old 2011-03-30, 16:34   Link #3735
pancakes
*Author

Well hold on their buddy. Throughout the series Yuji is shown to be more resistant to pain and damage the stronger he gets. Or by how well he can control power of existence. So maybe we can infer that mystes's who can control their PoE don't feel pain. As for flame hazes, I'd say they could. Since they still have a human body.

Also that was the one thing I never understood. Why did Johan have blood? Torches don't bleed or have inards. Their hollow. In the first episode Yuji was slashed only to reveal he had nothing inside. So what's with Johan? Is there meaning behind this? Or did the animators just get stupid?

Last edited by pancakes; 2011-03-30 at 17:08.
Old 2011-03-30, 20:00   Link #3736
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Well hold on their buddy. Throughout the series Yuji is shown to be more resistant to pain and damage the stronger he gets. Or by how well he can control power of existence. So maybe we can infer that mystes's who can control their PoE don't feel pain. As for flame hazes, I'd say they could. Since they still have a human body.

Also that was the one thing I never understood. Why did Johan have blood? Torches don't bleed or have inards. Their hollow. In the first episode Yuji was slashed only to reveal he had nothing inside. So what's with Johan? Is there meaning behind this? Or did the animators just get stupid?
Actually he got inconcious a couple of times after Shana's hits, I reconoze that he got stronger, but still. Since Shana is still much stronger than him, and as I know, this is all previous to his training, since it was the first time that he used the blutsauger.
About Johan, I never though about it, maybe the Stigma Jizaiho (was called like this?) is involved.
Old 2011-03-30, 21:28   Link #3737
pancakes
*Author

Quote:
Actually he got inconcious a couple of times after Shana's hits, I reconoze that he got stronger, but still. Since Shana is still much stronger than him, and as I know, this is all previous to his training, since it was the first time that he used the blutsauger.
About Johan, I never though about it, maybe the Stigma Jizaiho (was called like this?) is involved.
Yea yea i know this was before the MAJORITY of his training, while he could barely control anything. That's why he was vulnerable to human like weaknesses. But now, I'd say otherwise. (Post season 1 or 2)

Anyway, what's a Stigma Jizaiho?

-Just to help you with your English, the word is unconscious not inconscious. (In a polite tone)
Old 2011-03-30, 21:45   Link #3738
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Since anime screwed up this volume, I'd say that is season 1, before the Bale Masque attack.

I don't know if it was called "Stigma", but is the Jizaiho (Unrestricted spell) that Sabrac used in season 2 on his attack to the city.
Old 2011-03-31, 05:54   Link #3739
Blutsauger

Send a message via MSN to Blutsauger
Stigma is the unrestricted spell Sabrac uses to make wounds continue to grow. It is later upgraded to counter Wilhelmina's counter to the original counter where Sabrac can control the size of the wound. But then he dies which is kind of pointless.
Blutsauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 11:14   Link #3740
pancakes
*Author

........OH!!!You mean Sabraac's power of unrestraint? I'm sorry, I know what that was, its just that I've been exposed to subs, dubs(terrible), summaries, etc. And its not set in stone anywhere if shana fans should use the Japanese vocabulary or the english. So people say guze no tomagara and then they say crimson denizen. Then people say hougu and there are those who say treasure tools. It's rather confusing. I'm still learning the Japanese language so bear with me everyone.

NOW!!!!!!Back to the point, hmmmm I don't see how that would make a difference. Sabraac's Jizaiho opens up all old wounds. Torches don't have wounds......and even so they still don't have blood. But, lets say that previous damages to the body on a torch COUNTED AS WOUNDS (which doesn't make any sense, but just pretend), and they opened up. A torch still wouldn't have blood.

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen