AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-09-17, 06:07   Link #961
JRendell
Manga Addict

"Guns don't kill people, uh-uh. I kill people, with guns. *pow* " Jon Lajoie.
JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 06:33   Link #962
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
"I have walked a path so wet with blood I cannot retrace my steps even if I tried."

Can't remember where I heard this one but I think it's a pretty dark statement.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 11:53   Link #963
careph

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
"I have walked a path so wet with blood I cannot retrace my steps even if I tried."

Can't remember where I heard this one but I think it's a pretty dark statement.
This sounds like a rather bad translation into modern English from Shakespeare's Macbeth, Act III, Scene IV, Lines 135-137: "I am in blood / Stepp'd in so far that, should I wade no more, / Returning were as tedious as go o'er."
careph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 11:51   Link #964
solidvanz
Special Operative

"I should have died that day, but I didn't. I dragged my wounded body, and reached ground zero of the nuclear detonations. A barren, empty land. I felt an unbearable sadness when I witnessed that landscape. There were still people living there. They were the ones that saved me. It may be true that the world has no need of borders. But would getting rid of them really change anything? The world won't change for the better unless we trust people. Trust is vital in a peaceful world. But that will never happen. I'm still on the battlefield. Right now I'm near a border. I want to see for myself what borders really mean, and what their volition really is... I may not find what I'm looking for, but I still wanna try. Anyway, that's what I've come to believe, and I think that's enough. Will he see this video? If you do meet him, give him a message for me. Yo, Buddy. Still alive? And thanks friend. See you again."
Old 2011-09-18, 12:03   Link #965
biodude711

Send a message via AIM to biodude711
Albert Einstein on relativity,
"An hour sitting with a pretty girl on a park bench passes like a minute, but a minute sitting on a hot stove seems like an hour."
biodude711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 10:15   Link #966
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

"A man is judged not by his peers, but by the quality of his enemies."

Since I'm misotheistic, does that mean I'm of the highest quality?
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 20:37   Link #967
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

"We have a problem"
"What do you me we, Kimosabi?" - The Lone Ranger
Old 2011-09-20, 08:59   Link #968
careph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recite View Post
"A man is judged not by his peers, but by the quality of his enemies."

Since I'm misotheistic, does that mean I'm of the highest quality?
Not really, because it is not sufficient to hate god/s, god/s also have to reciprocate your sentiment. Somebody you consider an enemy may be a friend
Old 2011-09-22, 06:44   Link #969
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Cole Train runs on whole grain baby! Whooooo!

That line pretty much made the game for me. XD

Old 2011-09-25, 22:32   Link #970
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Wang
Hisao: "What are you doing here this late?"

Rin: "I... I was wondering about that myself too. Just now. Some people asked that just before. I assume they were wondering the same. I didn't know. They didn't know either. I asked. That's why I'm wondering. So that was pretty much it. It's a murder mystery without a murder. ... They were going that way."

(From Katawa Shoujo)
Old 2011-09-26, 01:21   Link #971
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Govern a great nation as you would cook a small fish. Do not overdo it.
Lao Tzu
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 12:10   Link #972
ArabianLuffy
One King One Legend

"We will forsake our countries. We will leave our motherlands behind us and become one with this earth. We have no nation, no philosophy, no ideology. We go where we're needed, fighting not for country, not for government, but for ourselves. We need no reason to fight. We fight because we are needed. We will be the deterrent for those with no other recourse. We are soldiers without borders, our purpose defined by the era we live in. We will sometimes have to sell ourselves and services. If the times demand it, we'll be revolutionaries, criminals, terrorists. And yes, we may all be headed straight to hell. But what better place for us than this? It's our only home. Our heaven and our hell. This is Outer Heaven."

Big Boss - Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Old 2011-09-26, 15:50   Link #973
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HikenNoAce View Post
"We will forsake our countries. We will leave our motherlands behind us and become one with this earth. We have no nation, no philosophy, no ideology. We go where we're needed, fighting not for country, not for government, but for ourselves. We need no reason to fight. We fight because we are needed. We will be the deterrent for those with no other recourse. We are soldiers without borders, our purpose defined by the era we live in. We will sometimes have to sell ourselves and services. If the times demand it, we'll be revolutionaries, criminals, terrorists. And yes, we may all be headed straight to hell. But what better place for us than this? It's our only home. Our heaven and our hell. This is Outer Heaven."

Big Boss - Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Damn I feel like playing PW again after reading that...

Old 2011-09-27, 00:30   Link #974
David Watts
Stay Free

Send a message via MSN to David Watts
This is one of my favorite quotes by Roberto Bolano my favorite author
“What twisted people we are. How simple we seem, or at least pretend to be in front of others, and how twisted we are deep down. How paltry we are and how spectacularly we contort ourselves before our own eyes, and the eyes of others...And all for what? To hide what? To make people believe what?”
― Roberto Bolaņo
Old 2011-09-27, 07:02   Link #975
careph

"The whole world is like a sheltered workshop: It gives people the impression they are doing something meaningful, when in reality you just keep them occupied."
Old 2011-09-27, 12:28   Link #976
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once." William Shakespeare, Julius Caesar
Old 2011-09-27, 21:21   Link #977
Revelation
lorem ipsum dolor sit ame
*Artist

"...That little rat looking thing just got ate! DAMN NATURE, YOU SCARY!" —Family Guy

Last edited by Revelation; 2011-09-27 at 21:58. Reason: Removed quote because all congress members say that. Doh.
Revelation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 09:25   Link #978
Kallen4life

“No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of life. It is life’s change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true. Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma—which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”
- Steve Jobs (R.I.P.)
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 17:03   Link #979
psycho_luny
close to insanity
*Author

Send a message via MSN to psycho_luny
"is it really important who i am, where i'm from and what i am, what speaks more loudly, my actions that show me for who and what i am, that say the truth of my essence...or...my heritage, my bloodline, the place where i took my first breath.
you stand there to judge, can you not see what is more important, how can you hate me for something that is only a small fragment of what i really am. "
Old 2011-10-06, 17:54   Link #980
ZeroHale

“Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes… the ones who see things differently — they’re not fond of rules… You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can’t do is ignore them because they change things… they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.” – Think Different

“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life." - Steve Jobs
ZeroHale is offline   Reply With Quote