AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-02-27, 21:49   Link #1001
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Arthurian legend is good to know, since I deal in a good deal of mythology. My favorite knight being Bedivere, even though he was missing a hand (sometimes an arm) he still proved as much of a warrior then everyone else.

Shogo Asahina, alternatively known to me as 'Four-eye Samurai'. Another example is Mao, though for less then good reasons.

A woman going down fighting sounds somewhat tragic... Don't you think? But nevertheless, that is how things work. Tragically, you might as well embrace the tragedies and find enjoyment from them.

Like your poem, a KoR being shown up like an upstart, who had good intentions as well. Ambitions or goals not acknowledged are quite sad... but then again, a guy that looked somewhat like Lelouch once said "If you want to be acknowledged, win."

:P
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-27, 23:38   Link #1002
Cephei Mordred
Lord Knight of SYTOM

Oh yes...her death was very tragic. I simply think it would have been even more tragic to be unceremoniously nuked by Schneizel.

Also, another character who I thought didn't get enough attention, and stuck out in my head a bit, is Carline...the red headed princess around Nunnally's age. I liked her better than Nunnally for some reason.
Cephei Mordred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-28, 05:39   Link #1003
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cephei Mordred View Post
Thank you. I have been on a bit of an Arthurian Mythos kick lately, so it was only natural to take this route to things, given who she apparently was.

There were other themes I wanted to explore in the poem but eventually I cut those out because it was getting too complicated. For instance, I wanted to take notice of the fact that while we regret that Suzaku up and one shotted her, if he hadn't done that, chances are she would have died when Schneizel nuked Pendragon, and this way at least, she went down fighting.

Also, who is Shogo?
Monica daughter of Arthur ?
You mean, in the few versions where Arthur does have more than one son ?

I mean, usually, he only had Mordrd, result of his incest with Morgana, which will be his downfall (with Lancelot and Guinevere's treason.)

I love Arthurian Legend and I was really glad to find some hints in CG, even if, in the end, it's kinda hard to decipher who is who xD

Lelouch might be Arthur or Gawain, (and while he doesn't have a lot from Lancelot, some might even compare his relationship with Shirley with the Lady of Shalott. She does reminds me of Shirley.), C.C. might be The Green Knight, or even Merlin, Kallen might be Ragnell, Euphie might be Guinevere with a bit of Morgana (the first love who is his half sister, and the Queen who ends up with his best friend), Suzaku aka Lancelot, Marianne aka Morgane....

Too bad it seems it was never really this important for them. There was material to have some awesome Arthurian adaptation in a mecha world.

BTW, why such a love for Monica ? It's not like we saw and laernts this much of her. She had an awesome design though, so that's a pity.
(And Carline ? The sadistic egoistical little b*tch who looked like a clown ? >_<)
Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-28, 07:30   Link #1004
Cephei Mordred
Lord Knight of SYTOM

The Arthurian references in the poem were meant metaphorically.

And yes I wonder it too. It could be the Boba Fett effect or it could be that we just like her design too much.

And for Carline, well yes...that is one of the pitfalls of moe.
Old 2010-02-28, 10:54   Link #1005
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Glad to hear Lolipopo is into Arthurian Legends, as well... Though I probably could learn from you.

They could probably fit more Arthurian Legend into CG, maybe they did it to leave room. But thats pretty pessimistic and morbid, though... I still think Luciano's knightmare should've be named 'Dagonet'.

...Dagonet being the cowardly court jester of King Arthur (Or was it someone else...? I can't remember at the moment.)

Anyways.. FANFICTION! If we think we can do a better job, thats the best we got!
Old 2010-02-28, 14:00   Link #1006
Betteroffer

Megiddo has updated again.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4994784/..._Geass_Megiddo

There is something lurking in the shadows of history. A force so powerful, that the whole of Britannia could only keep it at bay. A force so evil, that George Washington himself would see liberty strangled in its cradle and his life's work burned around him before he would see it unleashed.

At long last, Lelouch's doubts are overcome and his hatred for his homeland is rekindled a thousand fold.

To be perfectly honest, parts of this chapter felt a bit lackluster compared to the others, and I feel a bit more could have been done with how Lelouch got his drive back, but the groundwork for several interesting subplots have been laid out, and with Lelouch fully restored things will likely pick up their pace.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-28, 19:29   Link #1007
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Hmhm... 11th chapter.

I personally like how you portrayed Benjamin Franklin and George Washington. Also, C.C. did (or from what i've read) seem particuliarly familiar with the two. Excellent footwork with the subplotting of that particuliarly area of effect, Betteroffer.

I'm also amazed at George Washington's personality being similiar to Lelouch's.

It didn't seem too lackluster, in my opinion. From chapter one to chapter eleven, it's been good. Though i'm finishing it up, i'm glad he decided to do Megiddo. ^_^ Kudos.
Old 2010-02-28, 20:04   Link #1008
Betteroffer

I'm afraid I'm not the author of Megiddo. I just post update alerts and links since the author doesn't come to this forum himself, and I am determined to "spread the gospel" as it were.

I wouldn't necessarily say Washington is similar to Lelouch in terms of personality. This was just one scene out of his life that just happens to mirror how Lelouch acts occasionally, and it was quite a traumatic one, as Washington has just asked a close friend to help him ensure that the dream he has fought his entire life to achieve will not come to pass, effectively damning himself to death, and his friend to abandoning him and becoming one of the most infamous turncoats in human history.

Quite the Zero Requiem vibe eh?
Old 2010-02-28, 20:08   Link #1009
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

People tend to get confused if you do that... Sorry without thinking.

He seemed very Lelouch to me. Intelligent, capable, but has his own demons. Also, condemning a friend is oen of my least favorable ones, even if it was spinzaku. While yes, it was simply a scene, I could get a good feel of a conenction. Regardless....

Asahina is in it, again <3
Old 2010-03-01, 11:29   Link #1010
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
Hi folks!

I just wanted to pop up and give a little hello to everyone here who digs Code Geass fics. I did a bit of experimentation of my own with two Geass/Gundam 00 fusion threads on the Anime Addventure (http://addventure.bast-enterprises.de). It's not solid stuff I know but it was fun to churn out so feel free to check it out.

Just a little warning that I try to make a lot of use of sidestory and video game materials/characters just for a little extra oomph.
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 12:15   Link #1011
Cephei Mordred
Lord Knight of SYTOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasanagi View Post
Hi folks!

I just wanted to pop up and give a little hello to everyone here who digs Code Geass fics. I did a bit of experimentation of my own with two Geass/Gundam 00 fusion threads on the Anime Addventure (http://addventure.bast-enterprises.de). It's not solid stuff I know but it was fun to churn out so feel free to check it out.

Just a little warning that I try to make a lot of use of sidestory and video game materials/characters just for a little extra oomph.
In that case, make sure to give Monica lots of love.
Old 2010-03-01, 14:40   Link #1012
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
I'll do what I can Cephei. ^^
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 01:56   Link #1013
GundamFan0083

Side Story Nine: Equilibrium is up for Code Geass: Chronicles of Tartarus.

In this Short Story:

Side Story Nine: Rai gives Enoch a vocal performance, Uther snares a Phoenix, Shirley has an "Ewwww" moment, and Kannon picks Lysandra's brain.

Hope you all enjoy it and thanks for reading

http://boards.adultswim.com/adultswi...d=47809&page=9
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 13:22   Link #1014
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Glad to hear Lolipopo is into Arthurian Legends, as well... Though I probably could learn from you.

They could probably fit more Arthurian Legend into CG, maybe they did it to leave room. But thats pretty pessimistic and morbid, though... I still think Luciano's knightmare should've be named 'Dagonet'.

...Dagonet being the cowardly court jester of King Arthur (Or was it someone else...? I can't remember at the moment.)

Anyways.. FANFICTION! If we think we can do a better job, thats the best we got!
How was Luciano's KMF named BTW ? Can't remember that <_<

What I thin, is really sad that while some name had some meaningful meaning (Mordred for Anya, aka the mean for Morgana to reach Arthur (Morgana/Marianne and Arthur/Lelouch :'p), which works since Marianne was a villain) who had a sense within the anime, some did get some important name for...nothing.

Gino's Tristan for example. What is the link between Gino and Tristan ? <_<
At least give the guy some kind of hidden relationship with, well, one of the emperor daughters or something like that.
There, this name was really wasted :/

(I mean, even Arthur had a meaning. He couldn't help but bit constantly the Lancelot's pilot !)
Old 2010-03-05, 13:43   Link #1015
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

I found it wasteful for such a buffoon, as well. Percival was an incredibly pure knight, body and soul. How Luciano EVER got that name we will never know.

Tristan was wasted on Gino. I can't really get the sentiment without speculating on a serious degree.

Also, Gawain > Zero = ???. Gawain was a chivalrious Knight who was known as the 'Maiden's Knight'. Was it referring to Lelouch's time at school? Or was it just placed without much thought? Probably the latter.

I prefer symbology and etymology over just placing them without a good reason as custom KMFs.

I mean, even if they had Kallen geassed by the emperor and to become a KoR, it would make sense to give her Bedivere/Bedweyr.
Old 2010-03-05, 13:45   Link #1016
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
I found it wasteful for such a buffoon, as well. Percival was an incredibly pure knight, body and soul. How Luciano EVER got that name we will never know.
Hmm, maybe they were being ironic
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 14:23   Link #1017
Betteroffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Hmm, maybe they were being ironic
Or it was just a Critical Research Failure on the part of the writers, like a certain chess game...

As for Gino, barring the above, I think the reason for his knightmare's name is his (thankfully one-sided) relationship with Kallen (yes, yes, its the elephant in the room).
Old 2010-03-05, 14:58   Link #1018
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betteroffer View Post
Or it was just a Critical Research Failure on the part of the writers, like a certain chess game...

As for Gino, barring the above, I think the reason for his knightmare's name is his (thankfully one-sided) relationship with Kallen (yes, yes, its the elephant in the room).
But how is that tied to Tristan ?
If you take the myth, either they both drank a potion which made them fall in love after he won her hand for his King (With Isolde being already attracted by Tristan), either they fell in love naturally and, in both cases, ended up having an affir behind the King's back.

Where is the parallel with Gino and Kallen ? :/

Luciano's KMF was Percival ? Oh lol. But in the same time, if the Empire of Brittania is King Arthur's court then it works xD Percival was a simple guy, so for him to have a guy who does only think in term of "taking your/his/her life" can work. Ironically

Galaad was Bismark's right ? It does work as well. Though I would have given the title to Kallen (Though Ragnell is fine with me :'P)
Old 2010-03-05, 15:09   Link #1019
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Ragnell is just fine with me, as well. I can understand the sentiment of that.

I consider that pretty insulting to Percival. Luciano did threaten Kallen with vague hints of you-know-what (Automatic hate afterwards, I wanted to see him dead.) But yes... If we have to go with that, it is ironic. Turns out, His KMF looks kinda girly in my opinion.

But yes, them misplacing the names without much thought was irking. I felt they could've done a better job outside of Lancelot.

I would've went with a KoR Kallen scenario, that would certainly be dramatic, just imagine the Kalulu moments. Someone needs to write a fanfic about that. Of course, people wouldn't like it at first.

Lolipopo is pretty cool, now I don't feel like the only myth guru :3 lol
Old 2010-03-05, 15:41   Link #1020
azul120

Gawain wasn't Lelouch's, really. He just yoinked it.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character, discussion