AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-07, 15:12   Link #61
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Spoiler for Blue hair girl:
Old 2007-10-07, 15:47   Link #62
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Spoiler for Blue hair girl:
Spoiler for blue hair girl:

And i really hope there is not some sort of playboy that will try to steal the girl away. That is so cliche and is becoming overused. I like the way they did it with the first ep.
Old 2007-10-07, 16:32   Link #63
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Just letting you guys know that the first ep. has been subbed.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2007-10-07, 17:07   Link #64
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Just letting you guys know that the first ep. has been subbed.
yes. hahahah im so happy.
Old 2007-10-07, 17:48   Link #65
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Yup it sure has, and boy did I get a 'Girls Bravo' kind of vibe. With all roles reversed.

I hope it is a good one.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Old 2007-10-07, 20:52   Link #66
UPR

Man after watching subs I love it even more.

And how many of you want to bet that those two kids in the flashback are the two main characters.

aftet watching subs I really hope those two end up together.
Old 2007-10-07, 20:54   Link #67
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
And how many of you want to bet that those two kids in the flashback are the two main characters.
The real question is: who would bet against you?
Old 2007-10-07, 23:02   Link #68
komichi

Hmm... this pulled my attention in, Shungo is pretty GAR for a protagonist so let's see how the romance unfolds.
Old 2007-10-07, 23:54   Link #69
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Finally saw the first episode(subbed). It's a keeper.

The male lead's pretty cool. But I wonder why the Mayu's brother and Shungo's sister are worried about the "other girl"?

Last edited by Nvis; 2007-10-08 at 00:05.
Old 2007-10-08, 00:39   Link #70
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

I get this feeling like this anime is going to be overly excessive with the fanservice with little plot/content etc etc. Heh, I mean the main heroine is a succubus and it looks like the odd elder brother/sister are making their younger siblings "ahem" get use to each with their wacky training.

Jee, did Shungo dislocated his shoulder when he was tied up?

The animation looks low quality but, it seems rather familiar. Did the people who did Girls Bravo work on this anime?
Old 2007-10-08, 00:51   Link #71
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
Jee, did Shungo dislocated his shoulder when he was tied up?
Yup -- that was how he escaped from their clutches. The point of that scene was: Ninomiya's pretty hardcore. (And also, of course: don't try this at home.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
The animation looks low quality but, it seems rather familiar. Did the people who did Girls Bravo work on this anime?
Yup, that's exactly right. But I'm a bit confused when people say "the animation looks low quality" -- do you mean the animated movement (the literal "animation"), or are you talking about the simple artstyle and overall lack of sophisticated shading/effects? Or do you mean something else?
Old 2007-10-08, 01:56   Link #72
Edgewalker
Nani ?

This really seemed just way to cliche. Ill keep with it for 2 more and drop it if it doesnt change. Everything here has been done before a thousand times, and it feels like the writers didnt even attempt to stop that from being obvious or add some sort of twist... the whole succubus thing might manage to save it, but well see it.

Last edited by Edgewalker; 2007-10-08 at 02:24. Reason: elaboration.
Old 2007-10-08, 04:01   Link #73
problemedchild
ô_ô

Bah, decent episode, terrible animation......
Old 2007-10-08, 07:15   Link #74
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I spy with my eye ... something that turned out a lot better than i expected

I am rather impressed with the first episode. This type of show is something i haven't seen in a good while, and the cast is quite likable as well. I was expecting some full-time ecchi/comedy with minuscule amounts of romance, but overall the 1st ep is more 'cute' than anything else. Ninomiya is a large factor in this - he scored quite a lot of point in this episode. Quite far from the usual weak-willed, semi-perverted male lead

Mayu was a load of cute and then some, as expected. Succubus, huh ... clearly someone like Mayu is not what comes to mind with the name This almost looks like Girls Bravo reversed with immeasurably less fanservice Speaking of fanservice - the episode had considerably less of it than i expected ... or at least it wasn't intrusive enough to take note of. (Minus some very cliche moments they used to produce 'embarrassing situations' ... and i was pleasantly surprised there was no screaming/yelling/misunderstandings/ punching as a result of those) I am rather pleasantly surprised by Mayu's brother as well - instead of being the "touch her and burn in the lowest layer of hell" he doesn't mind ...same for his sister. Looks like the both 'older siblings' are more interested in early family growth

As for the "you might die should you kiss her" ... well, if we look at the OP we see a boy and a girl (a lot younger than now) kissing ... chances should be around 110% it is Mayu and Minimiya in that shot, so everything should be fine in the end (Not like the show is serious enough to think otherwise anyway ). Looks like the 'love rival' will make her appearance the next ep ... looks like the overly high and mighty ojousama type i dislike ... oh well. Her chances of winning should be around 100 below zero

Call me blind, but i don't see the bad animation people are complaining about. It looked good enough for me. My only real complaint would be the BGM, which is down right horrible and seems like something slapped on as an afterthought at best. But overall this episode was a very enjoyable one. I am sold for future viewing
Old 2007-10-08, 08:50   Link #75
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

This series was rather a UFO to me: it completely passed under my radar
that said, the first episode was surprisingly good enough to pick my interest.

much like people said, the "cliché" parts weren't taken seriously (i actually laughed when shungo mentioned his parents are overseas, but alive... maybe! ).
I must admit the op scared me with "dumb ecchi", though in the end, the fanservice wasn't too rampant.
The interesting part of that matter is the fact that shungo is somewhat "realist", as he isn't the "overly manly hero, completely unaffected" or the overreacting loser. (the usual nosebleed and/or blushing then being kicked to the stars)
I'm not too sure for the "plot", but it sure has a good start to get some awkward and special moments.

that said, the whole concept and characters are ironically a fresh breath recently: using the very old "fluff fanservice" formula, they actually use not only a "normal" protagonist, but also a VERY peculiar supporting cast. Really, i wasn't expecting both sis and bro stimulating the 2 "lovers" like this. Most people would actually expect both going postal against them

the only problems i would voice for this series are... the poor/average animation (as there are many many still shot, and "gliding effect") and the absolutely HORRIBLE BGM.
90% of them felt absolutely wrong, whereas even silence would work better...

will probably give someepisodes to prove itself, but the start is actually nice.
Old 2007-10-08, 09:17   Link #76
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

The plot ? Well ... in big lines, shouldn't be hard to figure out

We have heard her dream - live happily with a loved one., and overcome her fear of men. (For the sake of that man, no doubt). Now, from the flashbacks it is clear she made a promise with a boy ... who is, no doubt, the one she was thinking of when telling her dream. Of course that boy is Shungo, only he has an amnesia like any proper male lead should.

I can already imagine that after a day gone wrong (more than usual) he would ask Mayu why she is trying so hard, then she would tell him about the promise she made with a boy back then, which would eventually get Shungo's gears turning and he would realize that she is the girl from that time... since from OP we know he can kiss her and is pretty much alive -> happily ever after ... But that is for later - i expect the majority to be fairly episodic and 'harmless fun'
Old 2007-10-08, 09:27   Link #77
UPR

does anybody know the number of ep this may have?
Old 2007-10-08, 09:31   Link #78
Meatrose
Antihero

I have to agree with Skyfall since I don't see what makes the animations that bad. Sure, they're far from the standards of KyoAni... among others, but during this last season quite a few shows sporting animations far worse than this managed to be rather popular. Don't even get me started on the "long-runners". ^^
Old 2007-10-08, 09:32   Link #79
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I am rather pleasantly surprised by Mayu's brother as well - instead of being the "touch her and burn in the lowest layer of hell" he doesn't mind ...same for his sister. Looks like the both 'older siblings' are more interested in early family growth

I think it's years of condition; knowing that any human male that touches his sister would immediately pass out So no danger there

As for Shungo's case, it's amusing to see how both him and Shungo's sister seem to be pushing Shungo's Integrity to the MAX

P.S - Rather then any future pink vs blue scenarios, I'm slightly more interested in knowing if the two older siblings have something going between the two of them
Old 2007-10-08, 10:25   Link #80
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I think it's years of condition; knowing that any human male that touches his sister would immediately pass out So no danger there
Obviously, simply touching her does nothing to him. Thats a start, right ? :P (Besides - he said he doesn't mind ... his only threat was to never make her cry ^^)

Quote:
P.S - Rather then any future pink vs blue scenarios, I'm slightly more interested in knowing if the two older siblings have something going between the two of them
I was expecting for someone to bring this up For the moment there is nothing to indicate that ... wouldn't expect either, as the two older siblings seem to be there for comic relief mostly, and to provide some for of 'plot devices' that explain about Sucubus and any other supernatural questions that might arise

Tags
aic spirits, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, harem, kadokawa, romance, shounen